PDA

View Full Version : After 10 seasons, Spikes finally plays on Monday night

Splat
09-17-2007, 04:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-spikesspotlight&prov=ap&type=lgns

"I've seen a lot of Monday night games," Spikes said. "I want it to be the best game ever. There's going to be a lot of excitement. I'm eager, very eager to go out and put on a great show."

"As an individual player, you have goals, you have things that you want to achieve and accomplish at the end of the year," Spikes said. "But, it's hard for you to get the defensive player of the year, it's hard for you to get the defensive player of the week, when you're not exposed to everybody, where everybody can see you play. Not only just your colleagues, but I mean everybody. The thing that makes it so special is that you're the only show on that night at that time period, and everybody loves to watch Monday Night Football."

"Monday night, that's something that I've always wanted ever since the day I stepped into the league," Spikes said. "But, with the talent that we have around, and the stability in the coaching staff, it makes it that much more exciting."

eaglesalltheway
09-23-2007, 10:08 AM
It is very dissapointing we couldn't get a win for Spikes in his first Monday Night Football game.