PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin

LonghornsLegend
09-17-2007, 05:47 PM
This guy is amazing for Florida, but he is just a dynamic college player who wont have much impact in the NFL with a solid position...Where does he project to go in the draft, and who does he compare to as a best case scenario?

he's not very big, and im sure he could return punts, just wasnt sure if he could find a role outside of that...

neko4
09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
A smaller version of Bush except at WR, im not sure if he's even 200 pounds

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
He is basically what bush was to runningback a couple of years ago... only to wide out... he is only a soph though.. give him time to develop as a receiver

killa3312
09-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Harvin will be a wideout in the NFL, and a damn good one if he continues to develop. He may only be 5'11, but he has an excellet vertical and he has stunning speed and quickness. Once he tightens up his routs, he could be unstoppable. There are plenty of receivers in the league his height or shorter who have become darn good players, so I'm not worried about his height.

energizerbunny
09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Peter Warrick version 2.0

lets home he can manage to have a better pro career

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Peter Warrick version 2.0

lets home he can manage to have a better pro career

if i remember correctly, wasnt Warrick good, just got hurt to often?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-17-2007, 07:39 PM
if i remember correctly, wasnt Warrick good, just got hurt to often?

Yep, he had some very good seasons his first 4 years, then broke his leg I believe and that was the end of him. Warrick wasn't near as fast or explosive as Harvin, and Harvin's like DeSean Jackson 2.0

Tampa 2 4 life
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Harvin is a Poor Man's Reggie Bush, Late First-Early Second.

Don Vito
09-17-2007, 08:26 PM
If he bulks up and has a solid junior year (if he comes out) I really think he can be a top 15 pick. Playmakers are must-haves these days.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Hes a better Deshawn Jackson. A definate first rounder when he enters barring injury. Cmon now guys Percy Harvin is w/o question a first rounder, prob pretty high too.

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 08:33 PM
He should be Drafted around where hester was, and be used like that

Primetime21
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
He should be Drafted around where hester was, and be used like that

I personally think he is Ted Ginn with jukes, and should be drafted around Ginn spot this year.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Hes a better Deshawn Jackson. A definate first rounder when he enters barring injury. Cmon now guys Percy Harvin is w/o question a first rounder, prob pretty high too.

I disagree. Jackson is a much better route runner and doesn't have to rely on gimmick plays as much. Harvin needs to work on his routes but he's incredibly quick and fast.

Man_Of_Steel
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I disagree. Jackson is a much better route runner and doesn't have to rely on gimmick plays as much. Harvin needs to work on his routes but he's incredibly quick and fast.

Agree to disagree, bc I think Harvin is nearly as good as Jackson right now and is gonna be a much better pro prospect.

Sniper
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Agree to disagree, bc I think Harvin is nearly as good as Jackson right now and is gonna be a much better pro prospect.

He certainly has a better frame than DJax, but Jackson has proved a little more in terms of receiving. I'm not calling Harvin a shlub here, just that I like Jackson right now. That said, Harvin still has 1 3/4 seasons left at the minimum, so who knows.

mqtirishfan
09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
He certainly has a better frame than DJax, but Jackson has proved a little more in terms of receiving. I'm not calling Harvin a shlub here, just that I like Jackson right now. That said, Harvin still has 1 3/4 seasons left at the minimum, so who knows.

I can't see where him using his speed to score on running plays makes him a worse prospect than D-Jax.

Let's not forget that Harvin had over 800 yards of total offensive yards his freshman season on a national champion Gators team.