09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Please tell me how his season so far is any better than graham harrell's
stats -

Harrell - 120-160 1,317 yards 14 TD's 2 int
Brennan- 103-133 1,262 12 TD's 1 int

TigerBait45
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Its not.

Harrell is pretty under the radar. Hes got some good physical tools to work with.

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 07:18 PM
stats -

Brennan just has better NFL physical attributes... and Harrel not so much... thus he gets the attention

Don Vito
09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Brennans a little bigger and more athletic, but Harell is another QB who puts up great numbers in a similar situation as Brennan.

neko4
09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Their both system QB's
and last year Colt did much better

Green Bay Scat
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
what are we challenging exactly?

HoopsDemon12
09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
what are we challenging exactly?

he is challenging Brennan supporters to defend why this system QB is better than that system QB...

bearsfan_51
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Catfiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TACKLE
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
ESPN.COM
It didn't stop him from running for three touchdowns and passing for two more to lead 24th-ranked Hawaii to an easy 49-14 victory over UNLV on Saturday night.

Brennan said he twisted his ankle "screwing around" before practice on Friday. He said he received a shot on Saturday morning but didn't entertain the possibility of sitting out because he had more than 100 family and friends on hand.

"I wanted to make a statement," Brennan said. "There was no way I wasn't going to come out and play this game. They'd have to cut my leg off for me not to come out and play.

"I knew if I shot it up and I came out here hobbling around with one foot and just made plays, it would do a lot for the team," Brennan said. "And that's what I tried to do."

Colt's ankle was messed up pretty bad an he was hobbling. Still he threw for mere 298 yards and 2 TD's. Had he been healthy, he may have able to throw for another 100 to 200 more yards. I agree, Harrell is underrated, but Colt had one of the greatest seasons of any QB's ever had in the history of college football.

Primetime21
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
If we are going to talk about some challengers for Colts system crown.

106 -144 1187yards 73.6compl% 11TD 6int 159.73 rating

Chase Holbrook, good size and mobility to go along with the stats.

santeria531
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
has harrell sat out the second half of any games yet this year?

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
has harrell sat out the second half of any games yet this year?

No because his team plays a legit schedule

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
stats -

- Colt only played in the first of game one and 3 quarters in game 3.

- Colt was in the race last year whereas Harrell wasn't. His name was on the map and he's done nothing to disappoint yet.

- Colt had flirted with entering the draft and was talked about as a potential first rounder. So by returning, he came back to the college scene with star power.

- As long as he keeps winning, he'll be in the race. He's no fluke, so the stats will be there again. He will break Ty Detmer's record. Harrell will not be in the conversation.

- Colt had all the stats he needed to win last year. Stats are only part of it. Harrell is realizing that now.

- Hawaii is the media's darling pick to go to a BSC Bowl game.

- Life's not fair.

NDfootball
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Dan Meager is the best system QB in the land.

Mean Green!

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Harrell = Jason White v2 , bad knees already, smart player , very accurate , great system, great weapons around him (without the D to get him to a BCS Bowl)

RyanLeaf#1
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Obviously Brennan is the more talented, but Harrell plays for a better team in a better conference. Harrell actually has to play good teams.

Billingsley26
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Can someone explain to me how Colt Brennan is any different than Timmy Change. God forbid Chang is getting killed up here playing in the CFL for Hamilton.

Chang had MUCH better numbers than Brennan, yet Brennan is begin talked about as a #1 round prospect. I am not following. I still believe that a Hawaii QB is a product of the system. No ifs ands or buts.

09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
both harrell and brennan r system QBs of their respective schools. where r timmy chang and cliff kingsbury now??? lol

D-Unit
09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
both harrell and brennan r system QBs of their respective schools. where r timmy chang and cliff kingsbury now??? lol
You must be an aspiring NFL Scout! Your scouting analysis is second to none!

TigerBait45
09-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Can someone explain to me how Colt Brennan is any different than Timmy Change. God forbid Chang is getting killed up here playing in the CFL for Hamilton.

Chang had MUCH better numbers than Brennan, yet Brennan is begin talked about as a #1 round prospect. I am not following. I still believe that a Hawaii QB is a product of the system. No ifs ands or buts.

Chang threw just as many INTs as TDs.

Colt Brennan throws tons of TDs, but no INTs.

Hes got a stronger arm and hes more accurate.

brat316
09-17-2007, 11:31 PM
He is much bigger than Chang

mqtirishfan
09-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Quite simply, Brennan is 10 times the QB prospect Chang was.

Jughead10
09-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Media's darling? Maybe in California or other West Coast states. They are still pretty much worthless to us on the east coast and no one takes them seriously. Like I said in another thread. I think maybe all but 2 teams in the SEC beat Hawaii.

brat316
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
SEC is the best Conference in College Football.

09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
You must be an aspiring NFL Scout! Your scouting analysis is second to none!

i dont really feel that way bout colt brennan because he no doubt is very different than many other system QBs talent-wise. harrell however is defintely a product of the system. brennan will be drafted around the same time kevin kolb was last year = early 2nd round.

brat316
09-18-2007, 03:28 PM
You have these System Qbs, what about the Pro System Qbs, so far, Quinn, and Linert, and now the up and comming Booty. They use the Pro style Offense so they are putting up numbers, not like the Spread Offense type.

mqtirishfan
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
You have these System Qbs, what about the Pro System Qbs, so far, Quinn, and Linert, and now the up and comming Booty. They use the Pro style Offense so they are putting up numbers, not like the Spread Offense type.

This thread is about QBs like Brennan and Harrell in wide-open offenses. People tend to (and most of the time should) discount their achievements because it's easy to produce in these systems. We're not forgetting the QBs in traditional offenses, they just have no place in this discussion.

draftguru151
09-18-2007, 05:40 PM

If by MUCH better, you mean NOT better, then sure. In 4 years Chang threw for 111 TDs and 74 INTs. In his career he completed 57% of his passes. In 2 years Brennan threw 93 TDs and 25 INTs. He's also completed 71% of his passes so far. So when you find where Chang put up better stats than Brennan you can let us know, until then there seem to be some ifs and or buts.

TheMikey10
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM

- Colt was in the race last year whereas Harrell wasn't. His name was on the map and he's done nothing to disappoint yet.

- Colt had flirted with entering the draft and was talked about as a potential first rounder. So by returning, he came back to the college scene with star power.

- As long as he keeps winning, he'll be in the race. He's no fluke, so the stats will be there again. He will break Ty Detmer's record. Harrell will not be in the conversation.

- Colt had all the stats he needed to win last year. Stats are only part of it. Harrell is realizing that now.

- Life's not fair.

Good points, and thanks. I'm not complaining btw, per your "life isn't fair" comment, i'm not a texas tech fan or anything, I just wanted some clarification. You're right about the sitting out much of games thing, that's very impressive, I had forgotten that

jayceheathman
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM

- Life's not fair.

Its kind of tough to go to a BCS bowl game from the WAC conference with one loss because everyone knows Hawaii cant touch Chase Holbrook and NMSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!