PDA

View Full Version : Murph's Mock

MURPHMAN
09-18-2007, 01:16 PM
1) Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
A dominating OL has been a staple for the Chiefs in the past so it is time to get back to basics and rebuild it.

2) Buffalo Bills - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Posluszny would love to able to roam around more and make plays knowing a strong DT is in front of him. He gets his wish.

3) Atlanta Falcons - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
It just makes too much sense (even if Harrington is removed for Leftwich). Brohm, Leftwich, and Shockley in '08 is not a bad trio to rebuild a team around.

4) Jacksonville Jaguars - DeSean Jackson, WR, California
Woodson is very tempting here but to keep ticket sales up, a playmaker is needed on this struggling offense.

5) Saint Louis Rams - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
Carriker is the future up front and Spoon locks down the middle of the field but the seconday needs a leader and a playmaker.

6) Miami Dolphins - Darren Mcfadden, RB, Arkansas
I think that as the season goes along and Arkansas gets into the meat of their schedule, the better SEC defenses will shut him down a little causing his stock to take a very slight hit. Plus the needs of the top 5 teams do not include a first round RB. Miami gets a steal here.

7) Minnesota Vikings - Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
A bit of a reach here and an OT is a need but the front office wants a leader and a playmaker and Woodson has more value than the next WR on the board.

8) New York Giants - Keith Rivers, LB, USC
The Giants will be forced to address their horrible CB play in free agency because results are needed fast (Asante Samuel perhaps?). Time for some youth at LB and Rivers is a good fit.

9) New York Jets - Ryan Claddy, OT, Boise State
The bookends are now complete and with Mangold under center & a decent OG pick-up in free agency, the Jets will host one of the best OL's in '08 and beyond.

10) Dallas Cowboys (via Clevleand) - Early Doucet, WR, LSU
It is time to think ahead after TO and Glenn are gone and lock in a future playmaker. With two first rounders, the Cowboys have a luxury of building for the future. Doucet has the tools to be a huge weapon. This pick has Jerry Jones written all over it in so many ways.

11) Detroit Lions - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Campbell, so far, is not having a season worthy of being a top 5 pick but his potential can not be ignored and Detroit gets a steal.

12) Oakland Raiders - Sam Baker, OT, USC
Could this fit be any better? Probably not.

13) New Orleans Saints - James Laurinatis, ILB, Ohio State
The Saints D needs help and a true leader in the middle for years to come. They really need a CB also but, like the Giants, I think they will address that in free agency because results are needed fast.

14) Philadelphia Eagles - Ray Maualuga, OLB, USC
The LB corps needs more young talent and a guy who has a nose for the ball and can make plays.

15) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
Time for the Bucs to rebuild the interior and with Adams next to him, Bucs fans can start seeing a new and exciting DL emerge.

16) Cincinnati Bengals - Chris Long, DE, Virginia
If the Bengals want to slow down the opposition, they must get more pressure on the QB. Long provides that.

17) Arizona Cardinals - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
CB is one of the weakest spots in this draft and on the Cardinals roster so they can address a need with the top prospect this late on the board. Obviously, the Cardinals are thrilled.

18) Washington Redskins - Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
The Skins were hoping for Jenkins but they go BPA and get a great player to add to their already improving defense. Look for the Skins to be a playoff team in '08.

19) Tennessee Titans - Frank Okam, DT, Texas
No WR's or DB's on the board are worth it here so the Titans go for a run stuffer to beef up the interior.

20) Houston Texans - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
Obviously for Houston to be drafting this low, they had a great year with Shaub and Green so upgrades at QB and RB are not necessary. Oher may need a year to become a starter which is fine as the current tackles should be back another season and, right now, they are doing well. His measurables will stun people.

21) Green Bay Packers - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Yeah, I'll get flamed for this. After leading the Pakcers back to the playoffs, Farve finally hangs it up so it is time to build around a new guy with great football fundamentals to go along with strong leadership qualities (not to mention great talent). Ryan will be a top 15 pick by next April so he is a steal here. I know Packer fans want a DB but none are on the board worthy of this pick. Shades of the '05 draft you say? Much better quality this time with Ryan.

22) Denver Broncos - Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
Shades of Demco Ryans with Brinkley here. He will have fun in the Denver defense. This guy knows how to sniff out the ball and make plays and will be the new face of the Broncos D.

23) Seattle Seahawks - Mark Rucker, TE, Missouri
Look for Rucker to be the top TE next April once everyone has time to see his tapes. His numbers this season, so far, are fantastic. Seattle needs a playmaker at that position.

24) Baltimore Ravens - Derek Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
I think Suggs will be gone after this season but plugging Harvey in that slot should yield instant results

25) Chicago Bears - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
One of the best OT draft crop in years continues to get picked over by a Bears team that has too much age on their front five so it is time to start rebuilding. Look for the team to draft a guard in the 2nd or 3rd round and maybe even snag an OL free agent also.

26) New England Patriots (via San Fran.) - Quinton Groves, OLB/DE, Auburn
I don't know what you think but he appears to be a perfect fit for this defense and a good value this low in the round.

27) San Diego Chargers - DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
It appears both starting CB's are free agents so there may be a big need here next April. In a weak CB class, Tribble will continue to impress as the season goes. This Boston College team has some great talent.

28) Carolina Panthers - Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
No safeties or DT left worthy of a first round pick and with both bookends being UFA's (although Gross is a priority to get re-signed) and no depth, OT is a need.

29) San Francisco (via Colts) - Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
A strong pass rusher who should fit the 3-4 scheme nicely.

30) New England - forfieted

31) Dallas Cowboys - Dan Conner, LB, Penn State
Plain and simple, BPA and a leader on D.

32) Pitt Steelers - Jeremy Perry, OG, Oregon State
Far and away, the best interior lineman in the draft will fill a need once Faneca is gone.

Man_Of_Steel
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
First off I love that you have the Steeles winning the Superbowl.

Couple of thoughts.

The Dolphins wont take a RB, they selected Ronnie Brown #2 overall a couple years ago, no way they waste a pick on a RB when they have their franchise back in place.

The pack wont take a first round QB, they have Aaron Rodgers who they took in the first a couple years back and hasnt had an oppurtunity yet. In preseason he has looked great so no way this pick happens.

Its highly unlikley Dan Conner falls 1 spot before the second round.

The Dynasty
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice pick for the Vikings even though i rather see us go out and get a Veteran QB. I would rather have DeSean Jackson but since he is taken ill take Woodson. Nice Pick.

thule
09-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Dan Connor in Dallas doesn't make any sense. We have Ware on the outside and another first round pick in Spencer. James is the leader of this defense and Ayodele is playing good at the WILB position. We probably have the deepest ILB position in the NFL with Burnett and Carp. LB just doesn't seem to make any sense.

DL looks to be a big offseason move this year. Kentwan Balmer from NC looks klike he could go in this range if he has a good offseason.
CB is the biggest need here...so a big physical corner would look good. A lot depends on what underclassman declare.

Don Vito
09-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I like Groves, but we need a run stuffer or a CB much more than a pass rusher right now.

mqtirishfan
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes, you will get flamed for the Ryan pick, because it's idiotic.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-18-2007, 03:51 PM
DT isn't nearly as big a need as people think it is. Greg Peterson as a 6th Round rookie has been getting good penetration, so has Jovan Haye.

Caddy
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
DT isn't nearly as big a need as people think it is. Greg Peterson as a 6th Round rookie has been getting good penetration, so has Jovan Haye.

You don't pass up a big play option if it is there though. DT is definitely a need for the Buc's unless Haye or Peterson show me or the coaching staff something for the future.

Mr. Stiller
09-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Give us Tony Hills, LT, Texas at that point.

We don't need to fill the void left by faneca because after the season. Kendall Simmons is sliding to LG (4 year extension), and Chris Kemoeatu will slide into start for RG.

We need a future LT, or DE/OLB in the first two rounds.

21ST
09-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Skins dont draft DL on day 1, we need a CB or WR

Scotty D
09-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Maybe they should start.

skinzzfan25
09-18-2007, 05:50 PM
DLine is the only way to go this year, unless somebody amazing falls. Jackson is a solid pick.

neko4
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Rodgers looked better than Favre this preseason, though he was going up against 2nd teamers, so a qb is out of the question unless we trade rodgers but that is unlikely to happen

GB12
09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Hahaha, NO chance we take a first round QB. We drafted Rodgers, not even letting him have a chance would be incredibly stupid. He's looked good in preseaon by the way and should be a great fit for the offense that Mike McCarthy wants to run.

princefielder28
09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
No way QB for GB even though I don't think Rodgers is the answer

VYTitans
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Uhm I'd like to say that the Titans would definitly take Antoine Cason if he fell to them because alot of people are saying that he is the best corner in this draft and we might need one if Pacman isn't allowed back plus Harper is 33 and could retire at any time so if Cason is available than we should definitly take him

TitanHope
09-18-2007, 11:44 PM
I love the Okam pick. I'm not worried about the CB situation. We have a gem in Finnegan, and Michael Griffin is staying at CB, so he'll help there also. Plus, I'm confident Pac will be coming back. Not to mention, we've developed a knack for picking up late round corners and turning them into starters. FS is the only position in the secondary that's considered a 1st round need. Still though, I absolutely love Okam and he's of great value at the 19th pick.

Turtlepower
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Kieth Rivers to the Giants makes sense because he will give immediate return rather than reaching on CBs, which seem to bust very easily in the NFL.

KCJ58
09-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Love the Rams pick

John Gaunt
09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I like The Niner pick.

LionSmack
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I wonder about Calais Campbell, the times I've watched him he doesn't seem like an all-out type of guy, he seems like a guy who gets by on being a 6'8" specimen. I don't think the Lions will draft that type of guy, even if he is a physical wonder.

Sniper
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM
14) Philadelphia Eagles - Ray Maualuga, OLB, USC
The LB corps needs more young talent and a guy who has a nose for the ball and can make plays.

Excellent. Yes. Super. Top notch. Hallelujah!

Scotty D
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I wonder about Calais Campbell, the times I've watched him he doesn't seem like an all-out type of guy, he seems like a guy who gets by on being a 6'8" specimen. I don't think the Lions will draft that type of guy, even if he is a physical wonder.

I agree. I haven't watched him but if the talk about him is true then he isn't fitting Marinelli's character. Even though having Calais with Shaun Rogers and Redding would expand my pants I think Marinelli is going to fall in love with Laurinitis.

Yung Flippa
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
I'd rather take Tribble, BUT if we do pick a DE/OLB, I'm pretty sure it would be Quentin Groves, BUT i'm confident that Terrell Suggs will stay.

BuckNaked
09-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Love the Woodson pick here.

thebow305
09-20-2007, 12:25 AM
It's hard to argue against McFadden, which would be interesting, but Ronnie is our back and he will be for while as well as Booker being the backup, so with more pressing needs, Baker, Campbell, or Maualuga would be better, more logical picks.

mittelstaedt2007
09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Definately in Agreement with PrinceFielder. I think Matt Ryan will turn out to be possibly the best QB in this draft, but I find it very hard to believe we will draft another QB in the 1st round just after taking one a few years ago. Ted Thompson has way too big of an ego to basically admit Aaron Rodgers was a mistake.

Sniper
09-21-2007, 03:29 PM
\Ted Thompson has way too big of an ego to basically admit Aaron Rodgers was a mistake.

How do you know Rodgers was a mistake? From the vast and ample playing time he's gotten in the regular season?

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
How do you know Rodgers was a mistake? From the vast and ample playing time he's gotten in the regular season?

He may not light the world on fire but he looked pretty amazing against Pittsburgh this preseason.

mittelstaedt2007
09-21-2007, 10:50 PM

You misunderstood me, I by no means am saying that Rodgers is a bust or that he is a bad player. I am just saying that Ted Thompson thinks too highly of himself to go for a player who I personally believe is better than Rodgers.

OSUGiants17
09-22-2007, 10:44 AM
McFadden would not go to the dolphins. If this is the order McFadden will be a Giant

TimD
09-22-2007, 11:17 AM
claddy over baker? *laugh*

LionSmack
09-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, after watching that Miami-Texas A&M game I'm wondering a little less about Campbell. I'll take him on the Lions, yeah.

Addict
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM

Time to start.

HoopsDemon12
09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
17) Arizona Cardinals - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
CB is one of the weakest spots in this draft and on the Cardinals roster so they can address a need with the top prospect this late on the board. Obviously, the Cardinals are thrilled.

Really? if most of these juniors declare this could be one of the strongest positions in the draft.. Jenkins, King, Ike(not even gonan try the name), Cason, Lowery there is a couple more i think but they slip my mind

Finsfan79
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
6) Miami Dolphins - Darren Mcfadden, RB, Arkansas
I think that as the season goes along and Arkansas gets into the meat of their schedule, the better SEC defenses will shut him down a little causing his stock to take a very slight hit. Plus the needs of the top 5 teams do not include a first round RB. Miami gets a steal here.

I love the pick, miami has no playmakers on offense, he would be one right away

Despite the weekend Ronnie Brown is a bust

T-RICH49
09-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Any mock that has KC taking Jake Long is a great mock :D