View Full Version : NFC North Week 3

Scotty D
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Division Standings

Detroit Lions 2-0
Green Bay Packers 2-0
Minnesota Vikings 1-1
Chicago Bears 1-1

*Detroit is in front of the Packers due to a divisional win, and the Vikings are in front of the Bears due to points scored.

Week 3 match ups

Detroit (+6.5) at Philadelphia

San Diego at Green Bay (+4.5)

Minnesota (-2.5) at Kansas City

Dallas at Chicago (-3)

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
As big as this week is for the Lions, it's bigger for the Pack. Chargers?

The big one for the Lions is week 4. We shall see...

Twiddler
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, I honestly think it might be a bigger week for the Lions due to the fact that the Packers really have small odds of beating the Chargers while if the Lions were to beat the Eagles who have potential to be good this year they would most likely move into top alone and it would be a huge confidence booster. If these past two weeks haven't been enough of a confidence booster.

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, I honestly think it might be a bigger week for the Lions due to the fact that the Packers really have small odds of beating the Chargers while if the Lions were to beat the Eagles who have potential to be good this year they would most likely move into top alone and it would be a huge confidence booster. If these past two weeks haven't been enough of a confidence booster.

True, but a win over the Bears early in the season would be incredible.

awfullyquiet
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
True, but a win over the Bears early in the season would be incredible.

but won't happen. we. unlike the last three teams you faced have something called a defense. something that detroit hasn't seen in a while.

i'm calling it right now. bears 62 - lions 12. (but more importantly, TOP will be 45 bears, 15 lions...)

it's not that unlikely... i mean. rexy's done it before to the lions.

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
but won't happen. we. unlike the last three teams you faced have something called a defense. something that detroit hasn't seen in a while.

i'm calling it right now. bears 62 - lions 12. (but more importantly, TOP will be 45 bears, 15 lions...)

Yes... and the Vikings were 10-0 against the Lions over their previous 10 games before Sunday.

I took your prediction down. We'll see what happens.

TheMadLionsFan
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Minnesota doesn't have a defense?....lol....these bears fans have been talking out of their ass lately....

PackerLegend
09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
At this point I wont consider the Lions a contender at all. So far they have managed to barley beat the Raiders after going out to an early 17-0 lead. And they barley managed to beat the Vikings neither team is very good.

If they beat the Eagles and the Bears then ill consider them as a threat but right now I dont and I think that they will lose both of those games.

TheMadLionsFan
09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
At this point I wont consider the Lions a contender at all. So far they have managed to barley beat the Raiders after going out to an early 17-0 lead. And they barley managed to beat the Vikings neither team is very good.

If they beat the Eagles and the Bears then ill consider them as a threat but right now I dont and I think that they will lose both of those games.

If John Kitna wouldn't have gotten injured they would have won by two scores......and they controlled that entire game.....they only scored one offensive touchdown....and that touchdown wouldn't have never happened if Rod would have gotten the challenge flag out on time....and as far as them barely beating Oakland....since when is 15 points "barely"

neko4
09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
If John Kitna wouldn't have gotten injured they would have won by two scores......and they controlled that entire game.....they only scored one offensive touchdown....and that touchdown wouldn't have never happened if Rod would have gotten the challenge flag out on time....and as far as them barely beating Oakland....since when is 15 points "barely"
Janikowski only missed 3 fg's

TheMadLionsFan
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Janikowski only missed 3 fg's

YOU FORGET ONE WAS BLOCKED AND ANOTHER WAS FROM 50+ YARDS.....AND WE ALL KNOW 50 PLUS YARDERS ARE AUTOMATIC :rollseyes

neko4
09-19-2007, 08:38 PM
YOU FORGET ONE WAS BLOCKED AND ANOTHER WAS FROM 50+ YARDS.....AND WE ALL KNOW 50 PLUS YARDERS ARE AUTOMATIC :rollseyes
with janikowski they very well maybe, he has a strong leg

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
with janikowski they very well maybe, he has a strong leg

He said automatic... not likely. I don't think theres a kicker in the league that is "automatic" from 50+.

neko4
09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
He said automatic... not likely. I don't think theres a kicker in the league that is "automatic" from 50+.
Mason Crosby:)

TacticaLion
09-19-2007, 09:11 PM

I stand corrected... the wonder boy is the exception.

bearsfan_51
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
My prediction: Bears win, everyone else loses, I do a happy dance.

awfullyquiet
09-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Minnesota doesn't have a defense?....lol....these bears fans have been talking out of their ass lately....

They can stop the run pretty well.
Seeing as the lions don't run. I don't think minnesota has a defense.

TitleTown088
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM

Come one now, Minny should beat KC. KC is terrible, oh wait, Minny has no QB...

Addict
09-23-2007, 10:24 AM

Good! That put me in a lol-lol situation. Either we win, so I lol @ Eagles. Either the bears lose and... well I demand the happy dance on Youtube, and then I will lol at that.

Addict
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Well I'd just like to congratulate the Packers... that's a great win.

As for the lions.... well, they killed us through the air, which is no surprise... We need a pass rush, scratch that, a defense.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Unless the Bears come out and dominate the Cowboys (and maybe even if they still do) you've got to recognize the Packers as the early favorites in the division. That said I think both teams make the playoffs either way.

neko4
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Unless the Bears come out and dominate the Cowboys (and maybe even if they still do) you've got to recognize the Packers as the early favorites in the division. That said I think both teams make the playoffs either way.
So much for being the worst division

Vikes99ej
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
If you lose to the Vikings, you're pathetic. That is all.

ny10804
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM

And if you guys lose to the Chiefs... oops.

Addict
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM

hmmmm we beat the Vikings and we're still pathetic... I don't understand :(

Vince Lombardi
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM

Let's revise that to:

Packers win, everyone else loses, and I do a happy dance. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Vikes99ej
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
And if you guys lose to the Chiefs... oops.

No, what you said did not make us sound any worse. What I said basically said it all. We are the worst team in the division. I don't know why I had any hope during the preseason.

PackerLegend
09-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I told you the Lions were going to lose to the Eagles, alot of people starting jumping on their bandwagon after they barley beat 2 crappy teams.

Boston
09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
That was big, really big.

Addict
09-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I told you the Lions were going to lose to the Eagles, alot of people starting jumping on their bandwagon after they barley beat 2 crappy teams.

You won a big game, just be happy. And give me 3 names of people who jumped on our bandwagon.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2007, 04:55 PM
You won a big game, just be happy. And give me 3 names of people who jumped on our bandwagon.
I was reading in the comment sections on the Detroit Free Press website and almost every fan predicted the Lions would win by at least double digits. It was stupidly absurd.

Tactica had this game marked down as a likely win and more or less said that he thought they would win 10 games. While that's not totally out of the realm of possibility, with that defense they are much more likely to win about 7 games, which is what I've been saying all along.

Addict
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I was reading in the comment sections on the Detroit Free Press website and almost every fan predicted the Lions would win by at least double digits. It was stupidly absurd.

Tactica had this game marked down as a likely win and more or less said that he thought they would win 10 games. While that's not totally out of the realm of possibility, with that defense they are much more likely to win about 7 games, which is what I've been saying all along.

not what I was saying, Fans are always on the bandwagen and Tactica's probably driving it.

Anyways, we sucked in this game, 10 games is way too much, we get 8 wins, I'm a happy camper, but 6-10 would be nice as well. Get a defensive stud in the draft and THEN we can start thinking about winning seasons.

TacticaLion
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Tactica had this game marked down as a likely win and more or less said that he thought they would win 10 games. While that's not totally out of the realm of possibility, with that defense they are much more likely to win about 7 games, which is what I've been saying all along.No way! You can say, after the game, how "stupidly absurd" incorrect predictions were... how knowledgeable of you! Ready? Here's mine: "I can't believe anyone thought the Chargers would win today! I mean, come on... they just didn't have a chance!" Do I look cool or what?

This game was a perfect match-up for the Lions... which is why it looked like a "likely win". An injured Eagles' secondary, a struggling McNabb and a Monday night division loss (not to mention a banged up Westbrook) played into our favor. Our defense played its worst game of the season and injuries to our starting LT and RG hurt tremendously (9 sacks). Kitna still threw for 400+ yards, but the rest of the team fell apart (besides Roy).

I never said that I thought the team would win 10 games... I said, and I quote:
If most of the team can stay healthy, 10 wins is definitely achievable.
Can I get a response with more facts and less ******** please?

Vikes99ej
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Boy this is going to be an ugly year.

bearsfan_51
09-23-2007, 11:43 PM
If you want, Tactica, go to the gameday thread. I said on SATURDAY that those fans predicting a double-digit win over the Eagles were stupid and drinking the kool-aid. Does that include you? I dunno. I don't care who was hurt, the Lions suck. They still suck. You can talk about records however you want, and that's great you beat the Raiders and the Vikings, but the Lions suck. They are a 6-7 win team. They can't beat anyone good and they haven't beaten anyone good. You've been grossly overestimating them since you've gotten here, and I told you a few days ago that the wins you had chalked up as "easy wins" were only easy wins for good teams, which the Lions still are not.

As to the other point, I realize what you said, that's why I said "more or less", but the way you phrased it was just a convenient way to qualify a statement that you will only then fully get behind if you're proven right. Otherwise you can simply say, "I didn't say that".

I fully will accept the fact that if the Bears tank that I grossly misjudged their level of talent this year. My low # for the season was 9 wins. That's looking like a positive right now.

Addict
09-24-2007, 02:55 AM

<buzzer> WRONG! Now do a sad dance!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-24-2007, 06:38 AM

QFT. I wish Denver drafted him.

bearsfan_51
09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
<buzzer> WRONG! Now do a sad dance!
Done and done. :( I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of sad dances this year. Especially if half our defense is on IR by week 3.

TacticaLion
09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
As to the other point, I realize what you said, that's why I said "more or less", but the way you phrased it was just a convenient way to qualify a statement that you will only then fully get behind if you're proven right. Otherwise you can simply say, "I didn't say that".

I fully will accept the fact that if the Bears tank that I grossly misjudged their level of talent this year. My low # for the season was 9 wins. That's looking like a positive right now.Wait... if I didn't say that they'd win 10 games, why even say I said it? I know you put "more or less" before it, but don't take something I said and add "more or less" to it... state it as I stated it. I've learned not to say that the Lions will win ANYTHING, but that they simply could. The defense hadn't played that poorly all year and the injuries to our OLinemen hadn't happened yet... which is why the prediction(s) wasn't (weren't) that unreasonable.

No one ever knows how a team will perform... which is why we have predictions. Starting 2-0 is a good sign, and Philly is a good team (regardless of what they showed the first two weeks). We caught them at their weakest, and they destroyed us. If the Lions would've won that game, 10 wins wouldn't sound that unreasonable. They didn't... and, it does.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Boy this is going to be an ugly year.

But at least you got Adrian Peterson.

Addict
09-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Done and done. :( I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of sad dances this year. Especially if half our defense is on IR by week 3.

who are lost so far?