PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Adibi

Big_Pete
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Xavier Adibi is listed by Scott at 6-2, 219 with a 4.55 40-time

This draft is stacked with good OLBs and Adibi is a little undersized

Could Adibi play Strong Safety? He has decent coverage skills and with 6 ints and 7 pd and decent speed

In a year with a very weak safety class, that may be his best position

Vikes99ej
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
No, he is a linebacker. I'm pretty sure he'll run faster than a 4.55 at the combine.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
he defintly isnt a derrick brooks player

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Hes better at getting into the backfield rather than dropping into coverage

Big_Pete
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
No, he is a linebacker. I'm pretty sure he'll run faster than a 4.55 at the combine.

It is going to be hard to be compete against the likes of

Dan Connor, Keith Rivers, Philip Wheeler, Shawn Crable, Jasper Brinkley and probably James Laurinaitis and Ray Malualuga (assuming guys like Brian Cushing and Erin Henderson don't declare).

Plus the DE class is stacked with talent (some of whom will play OLB) like:
Chris Long, Quentin Groves, Lawrence Jackson; and probably Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, Tavarus Jackson and Vernon Gholston.

plus a decent DT class with guys like Glenn Dorsey, Frank Okam, Sedrick Ellis, Andre Fluellen, DeMario Pressley, Red Bryant (plus maybe Fili Moala, Terrance Taylor, Demonte Bolden and Roy Hill)

How many front seven defenders can go early in the draft? Normally only around 3 LBs can make the first round, and maybe 3-4 in round 2 and the defensive line has a much higher priority on draft day.

Adibi doesn't have blazing 4.4 speed and he is smaller than the other good LB prospects.

With Adibi I am not talking about a ball hawk safety that is so popular in the NFL these days; I am talking about an 'in the box' style SS.

Adibi is a great open field playmaker and has good coverage skills; I can't help think that, with the weak safty group, a team needing a strong safety may be willing to draft Adibi earlier than where he would be drafted as an OLB.

Green Bay Scat
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
then he'll be a steal, i see him as a possible Marques Cooper type, but of course thats the worst that could happen