PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Panthers @ Falcons

Shiver
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
I want a victory in the worst way. If DeAngelo Hall can live up to his billing and shut down Steve Smith we have a shot.

dabears10
09-19-2007, 10:34 PM
I want a victory in the worst way. If DeAngelo Hall can live up to his billing and shut down Steve Smith we have a shot.

Just hope that Hall doesn't try to anger Steve Smith in anyway. If he does Smith is good for 8 catches 2td's.

d34ng3l021
09-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Man. We are real hungry for a win. With the riled up ATL crowd, the Panthers dont stand a chance! Look at the Panthers record against us! Absymbal. Michael Vick always seems to do the amazing against the Panthers. Steve Smith didnt even have a catch on us last year! We win this match up easily!

ATLDirtyBirds
09-20-2007, 05:00 AM
This is a big game for DeAngelo. He has been a shutdown corner the first 2 games. He didn't go up against an elite WR in either though, so this will be his first true test.

thefalconer
09-20-2007, 06:29 AM
well there isnt too much media as of yet so hoping for the best. i dont think there should be any tackling problems, hall is a solid tackler.

ShutDwn
09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Man. We are real hungry for a win. With the riled up ATL crowd, the Panthers dont stand a chance! Look at the Panthers record against us! Absymbal. Michael Vick always seems to do the amazing against the Panthers. Steve Smith didnt even have a catch on us last year! We win this match up easily!

Thats because he didn't play in the first game, and in the second DeAngelo Williams and Chris Wienke played QB. Actually, Wienke threw 7 total passes.

Vicks record against the Panthers in the last two years is 1-3 so I don't think he "always does seems to do the amazing". Not that it matters though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons win.

D-Rod
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Thats because he didn't play in the first game, and in the second DeAngelo Williams and Chris Wienke played QB. Actually, Wienke threw 7 total passes.

Vicks record against the Panthers in the last two years is 1-3 so I don't think he "always does seems to do the amazing". Not that it matters though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons win.

I think you'll find that he was joking. Surprisingly enough, most Falcons fans are aware that Vick will not be playing this time...

As always, the crucial battles will be in the trenches. The Panthers O-line had a tough time against the Texans, and have to be terrified of Abraham. We know that if we can slow down the run, and get pressure on Delhomme, he will make mistakes.

On the other hand, the Panthers D-line probably has the better of it against our O-line too. I suspect that it'll be a tight, low-scoring game, and the team which runs the ball better will triumph.

It should be close; let's hope that being at home makes the difference.

ShutDwn
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I think you'll find that he was joking. Surprisingly enough, most Falcons fans are aware that Vick will not be playing this time...

As always, the crucial battles will be in the trenches. The Panthers O-line had a tough time against the Texans, and have to be terrified of Abraham. We know that if we can slow down the run, and get pressure on Delhomme, he will make mistakes.

On the other hand, the Panthers D-line probably has the better of it against our O-line too. I suspect that it'll be a tight, low-scoring game, and the team which runs the ball better will triumph.

It should be close; let's hope that being at home makes the difference.

The Panther's oline has given up three sacks, all three were let up by Ryan Kalil. He has been starting in place of Bridges, who was suspended for two games.

Not that it wasn't tough for them against the Texans, it just wasn't as tough as it looked.

iloxygenil
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Our Dline is going to MAUL the Panthers pathetic panty waste OL. Unfortunately for us, your DL is just as good as our and our OL may be worse than yours...so here's to hoping Quarterbacks don't die Sunday but both teams get to hammer away at the opposing QBs. I'd be surprised if the Falcons pull this one off, just haven't been able to get the offense moving it's going to take giving the ball to Norwood...that's all there is to it.

d34ng3l021
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah I was just jokin man. Pretty much about everything. I doubt most the fans in the Georgia dome are gonna be Falcon fans, I doubt Vick is gonna play, and a Panthers QB threw like 7 times last year against us.

2 sacks by your center huh? Our UT is a pretty damn good pass rusher so that will be fun to watch. Hopefully Abraham is gonn abe a demon pass rusher again. Hall better do a good job covering Smith, otherwise we lose all hope.

I would be surprised if we win.

dabears10
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
2 sacks by your center huh? Our UT is a pretty damn good pass rusher so that will be fun to watch. Hopefully Abraham is gonn abe a demon pass rusher again. Hall better do a good job covering Smith, otherwise we lose all hope.

I believe Kalil was playing Guard the last two weeks just to fill in. I could be wrong but I believe it was his first time playing that position.

d34ng3l021
09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Same thing.

iloxygenil
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm happy to see our Offensive line coming...really. I mean it's torturing me to see Jamaal have 0 sacks in his column. Sunday we need our offense to show up so our defense can get after the QB for once. If we are up 14 in the first half (prolly not going to happen) I expect to see the DEs turned loose to come after Jake and if that happens, we could see 2-3 from Jamaal and Abe...I'm looking forward to it.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Wharton struggles against speed rushers so Abraham will be a problem all game. I'm expecting 1-2 fumbles from Jake based on that alone

I dont have a vibe on the game besides that. I saw the Houston loss coming, I dont really know what to expect here. If we were 2-0 I would guarantee a Falcon win, but we arent

Shiver
09-22-2007, 02:50 AM
I enjoy pessimism. You feel a lot better when proven wrong and aren't "let down" when proven otherwise. That attitude has killed me the last couple years.

iloxygenil
09-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Jake is going to throw 3 INTs this week, so bench him in your fantasy leagues. Deangelo, Jimmy, and Chris will all get one. Our defense will also score a Touchdown this week.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Jake is going to throw 3 INTs this week, so bench him in your fantasy leagues. Deangelo, Jimmy, and Chris will all get one. Our defense will also score a Touchdown this week.

How has Jimmy looked thus far?

D-Rod
09-22-2007, 01:32 PM
He's been pretty solid, but nothing more. That's good, actually. We all know he's got playmaking ability, the concern was whether he would make stupid mistakes. It looks like, for the moment, he's reining in his attacking instincts and playing safe. Hopefully over the coming year, once he feels secure on the basics, he can start to be an impact player.

That said, it's looking like Crocker will come straight in on his return from injury this week. That means Zimmer will get to play around with different packages, using their different skills.

iloxygenil
09-22-2007, 02:19 PM
I think Jimmy will see the bulk of the plays at Safety. We'll see Crocker at Nickel some...but I think there's no reason at all to take Jimmy off the field and put Crock back out there full time, let him 'rest' and let Jimmy continue to play. He hasn't done anything special yet, but he's not getting beat in coverage.

scar988
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Roddy White... finally proving he's worth that first round pick... 5 catches... 112 yards... 1 TD.... halfway through the 2nd.

totals on the year so far for him through 3 games:
13 catches
222 yards
1 TD
through 2 1/2 games!

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 04:21 PM
just needed his confidence up. loved teh flip into the endzone and the leap.
i'm worried that dhall is gonna get too emotional in this game.

D-Rod
09-23-2007, 04:42 PM
as i said, our o-line is not too bad when it comes to individual matchups. having a fantastic game thus far. i expect carolina to come out blitzing - then we'll see whether there's been improvement in recognition from last week.

would be nice to see the D stop the run too. I'm worried that we're going to start to tire in the 2nd half, given we have only 3 DTs playing.

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
with our spread offense, if they do blitz heavily, it should be easy for harrington to identify an open reciever.. hopefully.

scar988
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
as i said, our o-line is not too bad when it comes to individual matchups. having a fantastic game thus far. i expect carolina to come out blitzing - then we'll see whether there's been improvement in recognition from last week.

would be nice to see the D stop the run too. I'm worried that we're going to start to tire in the 2nd half, given we have only 3 DTs playing.

we may only have 3 DT's playing but Anderson has the size to slide to UT if needed and we can bring in Davis or Mallard and get mroe pass rush...

ATLDirtyBirds
09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Abraham is such a monster.

D-Rod
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I love Boley. Stands up the pulling guard AND makes the tackle. That's how you play backer (take note, keith brooking).

D-Rod
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Give Norwwod the damn ball. Thank you.

D-Rod
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Crumpler baby. Good play from Joey too.

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
broken tackles are killing the panties.

scar988
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
very good O so far today... and I agree about Brooking... he has lost a step... but don't be surprised if Tony Taylor pulls a Jesse Tuggle on us and starts next year.

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 05:44 PM
omg penalties.

rofl, i started roddy white today on my ff team. score!

scar988
09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
lol. 7 catches for 127 yards and a TD is like 20 points.

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 05:52 PM
=) i'll take it!

thefalconer
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
foster is a falcon-killer.

BamaFalcon59
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Brightside: Roddy White, Joey Harrington
Darkside: late game defense; Jamaal Anderson a no-show again, lack of a consistent run game

I would really like to see a sign of anything from Jamaal.

DraftMichaelHuff
09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Brightside: Roddy White, Joey Harrington
Darkside: late game defense; Jamaal Anderson a no-show again, lack of a consistent run game

I would really like to see a sign of anything from Jamaal.

I dont know how you can have a Brightside without mentioning Deangello Hall, that is the best pure cover 'cornerback' i have ever seen him play. He held Steve Smith to 1 catch, that is almost unherd of.

....and yep, if we didnt have Hall there wouldnt of been those two personal foul penalties OR the Def pass interferance call, You wanna know why? Cause any other CB on our team and probably the entire league bar Champ Bailey would of been burned and givin up the TD to Smith on that Def pass interference play, and not of been frustrating Smith enough to get enough under his skin or to have competed well enough to even utter a word of jawwing to Steve Smith.

Without Hall today we loose by 28 points at least. Lewis Sanders on Steve Smith is about a bigger mismatch between a big slow CB and an amazing small WR as you can get. Smith would of scored 3 TD's at least and 150+ yards. Dont belive me? does Houston have a top CB? No. What happened last week? But thats ok, cause none of those CB were in the game enough to have a competitive BS penatly against them because there were being schoolled so much by smith that their jaw was dragging along the turf.

I'm so angry at that shamefull officiating and some of the fans, reactions to the DHALL incident today, especially at AFMB.

Jamaal Anderson needs to start doing something, its week 3 he should be making some kind of impact, he isnt and its not good enough.

Roddy White has alot of Anquan Boldin potential in him, a very explosive, strong man.

iloxygenil
09-24-2007, 01:09 AM
I am watching the game for the first time right now...we got HOSED...I'm FURIOUS at the call on Deangelo Hall...if you're going to flag Hall for 15 yards you have to flag Smith for 15 too..Hall got SCREWED over...I'm FURIOUS...SOOOO mad. That call makes 0 sense. Deangelo Hall is going to Hawaii...sign him up today. Go ahead and give Smith 35 yards on that PI...40 yards whatever it was...2 catches for 50 yards for Steve Smith...there is NO ONE other than champ that does that. Sorry, but we have one of the best corners in the world on our squad, and it's great that he's there.

I obviously haven't finished the game yet so I don't know what happened, but looks like we had a really good shot at winning this game, our defense was lights out, minus stopping the run. Our defense is a playoff defense, our offensive line today...wow...what a difference a week makes. Joey...doing what he always does...just like we all knew he was going to do. Roddy White...WHERE did this kid come from? Out of nowhere, out of dropsville and he looks like he could be going to Hawaii. Norwood, again, not enough touches, kid is sharp. Dunn had a better week this week than he has so far...so that's good. Our offense looked like what I expected from Petrino, spreading it out routes spreading people out and for the first time we weren't playing from a position where we had to be ultra conservative.

should be 17-13 right now late in the 3rd Quarter...but Carolina's rushing attack is just fierce...they have 2 very VERY good runningbacks. They just had playmakers making plays and that's the difference.

SchizophrenicBatman
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Wharton struggles against speed rushers so Abraham will be a problem all game. I'm expecting 1-2 fumbles from Jake based on that alone

I dont have a vibe on the game besides that. I saw the Houston loss coming, I dont really know what to expect here. If we were 2-0 I would guarantee a Falcon win, but we arent

good job Jake! you got yourself injured, but no fumbles :)

Abraham completely manhandled Wharton, as expected, and Hall played Smith well. If you erase the PI and ensuing penalties it's more like 90 yards on 2 catches and a TD for Smith though, because he was gone if Hall didn't make a smart play in dragging him down

The Panthers really escaped that game with a win they didn't deserve and if I were Falcon fan I'd feel jobbed by the refs too. Oh well, these things usually work themselves out over the course of a couple years (or even a couple games...re: Lane Kiffin)

iloxygenil
09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
If you erase the PI and ensuing penalties it's more like 90 yards on 2 catches and a TD for Smith though, because he was gone if Hall didn't make a smart play in dragging him down

I must say one thing in regards to this. Smith didn't outrun Hall he just had enough separation to make the catch, not get to the endzone...he wasn't pulling away from Hall. He could have made that tackle when he caught the pass or before...he decided to do it before...but he wasn't going for 6, and the way he had been playing...well...lets just say it wasn't a sure bet that he would have caught it anyway...with more drops than catches yesterday =/

ShutDwn
09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I must say one thing in regards to this. Smith didn't outrun Hall he just had enough separation to make the catch, not get to the endzone...he wasn't pulling away from Hall. He could have made that tackle when he caught the pass or before...he decided to do it before...but he wasn't going for 6, and the way he had been playing...well...lets just say it wasn't a sure bet that he would have caught it anyway...with more drops than catches yesterday =/

Smith would have caught it. Smith burned him, plain and simple, Hall could barely get his hands on his shoulders, if Smith catches it he is gone.

You guys obviously feel jobbed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith intentionally started it trying to get a reaction. However, you don't know what was said on the field, Hall had already smacked Smith in the helmet after a play, and then apparently said something abusive to the officials. If the refs feel it getting out of control, they will flag you. You guys did get a make up call with Harris though.

Blame the refs, but at some point you have to blame Hall for letting his emotions get the best of him.

Shiver
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Smith would have caught it. Smith burned him, plain and simple, Hall could barely get his hands on his shoulders, if Smith catches it he is gone.

You guys obviously feel jobbed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Smith intentionally started it trying to get a reaction. However, you don't know what was said on the field, Hall had already smacked Smith in the helmet after a play, and then apparently said something abusive to the officials. If the refs feel it getting out of control, they will flag you. You guys did get a make up call with Harris though.

Blame the refs, but at some point you have to blame Hall for letting his emotions get the best of him.

I think it's a little of both. Hall probably got jobbed, but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

thefalconer
09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
it hurt for me to watch smith break hall's tackle a couple plays after the fiasco. i know hall's pride took a beating there.

iloxygenil
09-24-2007, 11:52 PM
No, Hall wasn't right in what he did...but he also wasn't wrong either. That play where he popped him in the chest is 100% legal and NOT flaggable...he got screwed BIG time which also led to the 2nd flag which also was not his fault...sorry but Smith was talking just as much if not moreso than Hall and didn't get anything.

As far as the catch goes...MAYBE he'd have caught it...if someone told me before the game that Smith would have 1 catch for 10 yards and 2 dropped passes I would have said you were lying. Hall WRAPPED around Smith's shoulders...it wasn't like he nicked his heels and got him to fall...he was all over him...there is almost NO chance (not 100% cause anything is POSSIBLE) that Smith scores the TD there. MAYBE Smith would have broken the tackle...but he didn't on the PI so I doubt he would have after he caught the ball...if he would have even caught it because the way Hall pulled him down could have caused an incomplete pass, but it was just the 'safe' play to go ahead and get the PI. No matter though, we lost and it doesn't matter that we got jobbed, I'm just sick of people blaming Hall when it was his play that kept us in the game all day anyway.

BamaFalcon59
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I dont know how you can have a Brightside without mentioning Deangello Hall, that is the best pure cover 'cornerback' i have ever seen him play. He held Steve Smith to 1 catch, that is almost unherd of.

....and yep, if we didnt have Hall there wouldnt of been those two personal foul penalties OR the Def pass interferance call, You wanna know why? Cause any other CB on our team and probably the entire league bar Champ Bailey would of been burned and givin up the TD to Smith on that Def pass interference play, and not of been frustrating Smith enough to get enough under his skin or to have competed well enough to even utter a word of jawwing to Steve Smith.

Without Hall today we loose by 28 points at least. Lewis Sanders on Steve Smith is about a bigger mismatch between a big slow CB and an amazing small WR as you can get. Smith would of scored 3 TD's at least and 150+ yards. Dont belive me? does Houston have a top CB? No. What happened last week? But thats ok, cause none of those CB were in the game enough to have a competitive BS penatly against them because there were being schoolled so much by smith that their jaw was dragging along the turf.

I'm so angry at that shamefull officiating and some of the fans, reactions to the DHALL incident today, especially at AFMB.

Jamaal Anderson needs to start doing something, its week 3 he should be making some kind of impact, he isnt and its not good enough.

Roddy White has alot of Anquan Boldin potential in him, a very explosive, strong man.

I definitely agree on Hall. Though I was the only one hahah. Loved the attitude too, he gives a big jam (being physical) at the line of scrimmage and they call a hit to the face. Rediculous. And Smith wasn't talking?