PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Players

wiscbadgerfootball
09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
just wondering what your guys' opinions are on how/if any Badgers project as prospects throughout the next couple years

princefielder28
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Jack Ikegwonu(sp)
Travis Beckum
PJ Hill
****All Day 1 prospects

wiscbadgerfootball
09-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Ike for sure IMO
Beckum just needs to bulk up
not so sure about PJ, he's a good college back but idk how he will translate to the NFL

P-L
09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Ikegwuonu will be a 1st Round pick when he comes out. Travis Beckum won't see the first day unless he gains 20-30 lbs.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah Beckum has an amazing skill set and athleticism but the thing he is lacking is the weight to compensate for the physicality of the NFL, but he looks pretty good as a prospect if he can add some weight IMO

keylime_5
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Beckum might be a slot receiver in the NFL, he is very athletic but only 225 or so. I guess it depends on how he runs. Ikegwuonu is a solid first round pick, mid to late. I don't think PJ Hill has much NFL potential, but he is dynamite in college and probably will get drafted somewhere on day 2 when he is in the draft.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-19-2007, 07:52 PM
another guy I really like is Jonathan Casillas.. (OLB), he is the 2nd fastest player on the team after Ike, the problem again is that he doesn't have the bulk (only about 215-220, but if he could add some bulk I think he'd be a good prospect maybe a steal in a later round?

Woody56
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Matt Shaughnessy is a solid mid round prospect

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Beckum ~ I think he could have potential to be a Shannon Sharpe like TE.

Pressley(FB) should be one of the top FB's last year.

DeBauche/Mehalf(P/K) Should both be picked up for atleast training camp, perhaps not drafted.

Kraig Urbik(OG) ~ One of the best Junior guards (top 5)

Jack Ikegwuonu(CB) ~ Great CB, bonehead off field (Charged for Burglary and Trespassing to steal an X-Box)

Jason Chapman(DT) ~ Will be a day 1 DT if he continues playing like this next year

Matt Shaughnessy(DE/OLB) ~ Should be a top 3-4 OLB Prospect next year (Gholston, Campbell, Harvey, Brian Orakpo will challenge him). Unless he pulls an Ikaika Alama-Francis and adds 50 lbs of muscle this offseason.

Jon Casillas ~ If he times well I think he could make the transition to SS and be a monster one as well. 6'2 218 is a little undersized for NFL OLB.

Marcus Coleman (C) ~ Could be drafted Round 7 or UDFA this year.. should spend some time in camp with someone.

Nick Hayden (DT) ~ I'm thinking a day 2 guy this draft. Has the size to be a solid DT. His sophomore season was pretty phenomenal.

Eric Vandenhuevel (LT) ~ He could move inside at the next level. If he shows good feet he could be a pro-level LT and right now I think he's a day 2 guy.

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Seniors:
Nick Hayden / DT - 310 pounds of pure run stopping ability , very good at making a new line of scrimmage. (Day 1 Prospect)

Paul Hubbard / WR - 6'4" track star , needs to be more consistent on the field. (Day 1 Prospect)

Andy Crooks / TE - Converted Linebacker , Suprisingly Soft Hands , Tough run blocker. (Late Round Prospect)

Ken DeBauche / P - Great Leg Strength, Has a Knack for getting punts inside the 20's.(Late Round Prospect)

Taylor Mehlhaff / K - One of the strongest legs in the NCAA , needs to be mroe consistent.(Late Round Prospect)

Marcus Coleman / C/OG - Very tough and smart, not much potential. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Tyler Donovan / QB - Best Arm Wisconsin has had in a long time , Dual Threat QB. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Luke Swan / WR - Hard Worker, Lacks athletic ability but makes up with his toughness and desire, most sure handed wideout. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Juniors:
Jack Ikegwuonu / CB - Wide variety of strengths has the speed to stay with almost anyone but isnt afraid to get in your face. (1st Round Prospect)

Travis Beckum / TE - Needs to put on 20 pounds (which is possible), reminds me of Chris Cooley but quicker. (Day 1 Prospect)

Jonathan Casillas / LB - Very Athletic , needs to add weight , Wisconsin 2nd best defensive player. (Early Day 2 Prospect)

Chris Pressley / FB - Best Run Blocking Fullback in the Entire NCAA.(Early Day 2 Prospect)

Kriag Urbik / OG - Best Run Blocker on the Team , can also play tackle (Early Day 2 Prospect)

Jason Chapman / DT - Very athletic for his size, better pass rusher than run stuffer. (Day 2 Prospect)

Matt Shaughnessy / DE/LB - Small Defensive End, Teams Best Pass Rusher (since Cooper is gone), needs to show he has speed to play in NFL. (Late Day Prospect)

Eric Vanden Huevel / OT - Excellent Run Blocker , needs to work on his Pass Blocking. (Late Round Prospect)

DeAndre Levy / LB - Consistent against the run, gets to the ball quick. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Allen Langford / CB - Overshadowed by Ikegwuonu , does everything good but nothing great. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Marcus Randle El / WR - Coming of major surgery , explosive athelete, just needs time to show what he can do. (Late Round-Undrafted Prospect)

Scotty D
09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
What ever happened with Jake Ik and that stolen xbox?

princefielder28
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
What ever happened with Jake Ik and that stolen xbox?

not too much; missed the bowl game against Arkansas

Scotty D
09-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Shouldn't have to much of an impact on his draft stock, but who knows.

princefielder28
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Shouldn't have to much of an impact on his draft stock, but who knows.

yeah just an isolated incident....now if this becomes somewhat of a reoccuring thing with him then there will be problems

fischbowl
09-20-2007, 01:19 PM
You guys are killing Shaughnessy. In my opinion he's second only to Gholston next year for hybrids.

draftguru151
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
In the game I saw this year he looked ridiculously unimpressive.

Pittbc7
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Swan is underrated and has great hands and body control. Had a great ypc avg around 18 last year if i recall correctly.

Don Vito
09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Matt Shaughnessy is a beast, I went to a camp sophmore year and he was there. He dominated everyone. He is tall, a little lanky, but very athletic and deceivingly strong. He is a great pass-rusher who I believe has great potential as a 3/4 OLB.

As far as Travis Beckum is concerned, if David Thomas can miss day 1 by a few selections, than Beckum can go day 1. He is an absolutely amazing athlete at 230 pounds. If he can get up to 245 by his comwine we could see him go round 1. He looks like a big WR with the ball in his hands, he is such a great athlete.

GB12
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
No, he played the Capital One Bowl.
Paul Hubbard / WR - 6'4" track star , needs to be more consistent on the field. (Day 1 Prospect)

It'll be tough to be more consistant on the field being out 6-8 weeks, even if he wasn't injured I doubt he had any chance going day 1.

I'll give some predictions later. I started typing them up and then realized I didn't feel like doing it at the moment.

sodar21
09-20-2007, 10:14 PM
What about Paul Hubbard. Guy is big but has some top speed. He's injured though.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-21-2007, 07:19 AM
he drops too many balls