PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Burton...WR, Kentucky

Travis 24
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Can anyone give me a bio on this guy..what he does well, doesn't do well, etc...who does he compare to?...

I've only been able to catch a handful of Kentucky games, but I saw him..and he really, really impresses me a lot. He kinda reminded me of Chad Johnson the way he moves, and his size, etc...

And is their a chance his stock moves up enough to be a 1st rounder??...After seeing the mess the Eagles have at WR, I'm kinda liking this guy for next year..

BuckNaked
09-19-2007, 10:19 PM
He's got a pretty good frame at 6'2. He's a good route runner and has solid hands. He racks up a lot of receptions, but he's not going to blow you away with his speed.

SuperKevin
09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
And is their a chance his stock moves up enough to be a 1st rounder??...After seeing the mess the Eagles have at WR, I'm kinda liking this guy for next year..

There's a big toss up at the bottom part of the top tier WRs. Earl Bennett, Keenan Burton, Adarius Bowman, Harry Douglas, Limas Sweed, and Marcus Monk all have the potential to be late first rounders after DeSean Jackson and Early Doucet.

fenikz
09-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Monk hasn't played a game this year so he is above him but I have Burton below Bowman & Doucet as far as seniors go.

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Positives: Prototype size for the position. ... Has a thick, strong frame that can handle the rigors of playing at the NFL level. ... Possesses an above average combination of quickness, speed and leaping ability. ... Agility and strength are apparent in his gaining release at the line of scrimmage. ... Good body control. ... Not afraid to lay out for the spectacular catch and can drag his feet. ... Ascending route-runner with the athleticism and work ethic to stand out in this area in the future. ... Cerebral player who knows where the sticks are. ... Reliable hands and knows when to body-catch to avoid losing control from an incoming hit. ... Productive kick returner with fearlessness, vision and long speed necessary to remain as a returner in the NFL. ... Dedicated to his craft. ... Hard worker and good locker room presence.

Negatives: Lacks the elite acceleration and top end speed to transfer his collegiate big-play ability into the NFL. ... Needs to work on sharpening his cuts and too often double-clutches passes - though he generally catches them. ... Mistimes his leaps and too often loses in jump ball situations despite his size advantage. ... Good player, but may lack the upside to ever become great.