PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard OLB Kentucky

BuckNaked
09-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I was just wondering what your guys opinions were on him. I know he might not have ideal size, but he is fast (Scott has him listed at 4.5 40) and he makes tackles everywhere. I know a lot of you don't really get the chance to watch Kentucky, but for those of you who saw the game against Louisville you could see that he was all over the field making tackles. I would personally love my team to draft him and was wondering if maybe Day One is a possibility for him?

SuperKevin
09-19-2007, 10:14 PM
He reminds me a lot of Michael Boulware. he's a quick, undersized linebacker that probably projects as a hard hitting safety in the NFL

fenikz
09-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I definitely see him as a safety in the pros. he is a tackling machine

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 08:05 AM
6'1 215lbs, 4.49 Spring 40' time.

I think he's a hard hitting Safety as well

etk
09-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I think he's the next Cato June with better tackling fundamentals. Problem is there are very few teams in the league who would even consider a LB that small,
so he will have to play S unless some team like the Colts drafts him.

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I think he's the next Cato June with better tackling fundamentals. Problem is there are very few teams in the league who would even consider a LB that small,
so he will have to play S unless some team like the Colts drafts him.

Even then... 215lb WLB is going to have trouble disengaging blocks.

Big_Pete
10-21-2007, 12:39 AM
what if he could add around 10 lbs by the combine without losing speed?

most linebackers can do that, good examples are Boss Bailey, Ernie Sims and Jon Vilma added around 10 lbs by the combine.

even then we are talking about a guy who is 5 lbs lighter than guys like Barrett Green and Ian Gold.

I am sure college teams have considered trying to run at him

how would he play as an in the box SS? he was moved from safety to ILB in his freshman year (moving to WLB the following year).

Big_Pete
10-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Is the only real issue here his size?

comparing him to Keith Rivers, Woodward is 2" shorter, 5 lbs lighter and .1 second slower

BucSappy
10-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Woodyard came into Kentucky playing safety, then DC Mike Archer put him in at LB and the greatness had begun.

I think he is a capable SS in the NFL. He has had 3 years at Kentucky to get up to 225 and he hasn't done it and I don't think he ever will. Not going to fit in a Cover 2 scheme at SS.

I will say this, he could be a developmental 3-4 ILB prospect. If someone could get him up to 235-240 he would be a stud in the NFL, but idk if that is possible.

darnik44two
10-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Way back when the Steelers drafted Carnell Lake who was a LB at UCLA. It didn't take him long to become an all pro safety. I think Woodyard could be the next Carnell Lake.