PDA

View Full Version : fenikz' mock draft ver 2

fenikz
09-20-2007, 02:35 AM
the spots are based on the rankings we at NFLDC voted on so don't complain about where your team is picking, and if you don't like a pick tell em why and give me an example of what a good pick would be.

1- Oakland: Jake Long OT Michigan
Why not McFadden? Because they have spent the last 3 years acquiring above average running backs and OT is a much bigger need.

2- Dallas(f/CLE): Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
This pick is a huge luxury for the Cowboys, they will more than likely be in the playoffs with #2 overall pick, even with Barber I don't think they are happy at RB & they can't pass up on Run DMC he is just too talented

3- Atlanta: Brian Brohm QB Louisville
This a basic no brainer, unless Harrington some how gets the team to 8-8 I think you can lock this up.

4- Kansas City: Sam Baker OT USC
They need a ton of help on the O-Line, it was once the best in the league and baker can help return it to those glory days.

5- Tennessee: Desean Jackson WR/KR Cal
When they lost Pac-Man they not only lost a quality CB but a good KR, Jackson gives young the explosive player maker he needs and is a very rare talent.

6- Miami: Kenny Phillips S Miami
What better than a Miami boy playing in Miami, they have bigger needs at OT but Clady is a huge reach here and Phillips is a huge talent.

7- Minnesota: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
So far into the season my predictions on Jackson are dead right and they will need a new QB next year.

8- Tampa Bay: Glen Dorsey DT LSU
TO go along with Adams they get the man eater Dorsey to dominate the inside, trying to revitalize the Bucs D-Line of the past.

9- Detroit: Calais Campbell DE Miami
He isn't your prototypical cover-2 DE, but then again its hard to be protoypical when your a freak. The man is a 6'8, 270 pounds and he can cause havoc in the backfield like no other, maybe the best DE prospect since Peppers.

10- Houston: Ryan Clady OT Boise ST.
They have been drafted Defense for the past few years and it seems to be working out for them, but eventually they will need to address that O-Line, even if are running the ZBS they still need talent.

11- Buffalo: Dan Connor LB Penn St
Thier LB core is pretty much non-existent, along side Poz these two can bring back the good ole' days at Penn state.

12- New York Giants: Chris Long DE Virginia
Strahan will more than likely retire after this year and even if he doesn't he will be 36, he is good value here.

13- Washington: Quentin Groves DE/OLB Aubrun
They are set at Safety for a while with Taylor and Landry but besides that most of the team could use a upgrade, Quentin Grovesy is probally the best player available here and he fills a need

14- Arizona: Derrick Harvey DE Florida
Since the Cardinals started running the 3-4 the defense has looked much better as a whole, CB is still a huge need but so is OLB. Berry is starting on one side but is always injured and doesn't seem to fit in, Pace is started on the opposite side because Chike is always injured, Harvey is a perfect match.

15- Green Bay: Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
A true work horse of RB who can carry the ball 20-25 times a game, although they drafted Brandon Jackson he doesn't have the talent to be a long term solution.

16- New England (f/SF): James Laurinitis LB Ohio St
Many thought that they would draft David Harris last year but they ended up trading the pick and it will more than likely work out for them, Laurintis is a step below A.J. Hawk but he is a very solid LB.

17- New York Jets: Frank Okam DT
The whole team hasn't looked good so far so it's hard to tell what thier biggest need is, i will just give them BPA, he has the size for NT but may be better suited for DE.

18- Carolina: Aqib Talib CB Kansas St.
He may not be fast enough to play CB in the NFL, which is a blessing for the Panthers because their biggest need is safety, in a class which so much talent safety is lacking.

19- Seattle: Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
They are getting old pretty quick, it could even been Alexander's last year with all the injuries he has been having lately but i'm not going to guess that far and just fill a need that they have right now.

20- St.Louis: Tyson Jackson DE LSU
The entire Rams defense needs help, last year they were terrible against both the run and pass in a division where the 49ers can Cardinals have great young offensive talent it won't get any easier for them, for some reason last year they drafted a DE to play NT this year they will take a DE to play DE

21- Jacksonville: Earl Bennet WR Vanderbilt
I originally had Manningham but I figure why give them more of the same, they already have 3 WR who can't catch. But Earl Bennet is a guy who reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison it's kinda creepy, he is all production, no flash. Great routes, impeccable hands, and vastly underrated.

22- Pittsburgh: Sedrick Ellis DT USC
Next year I for see them being almost a true cover 2, they drafted a few pieces for it last year with Timmons and Woodley, plus Hampton is a great NT now they get thier UT to fill out the D-Line, he could also play DE in a 3-4

23- Philadelphia: Justin King CB Penn State
King is the #1 CB in my books but most people don't see it that way so I will respect that, with the departure of Hood last year they no longer have a quality nickel and since Lito is injured right now they are showing there lack of depth.

24- Dallas: Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Terrance Newman is good on 1 side, but Henry is old and mostly unproductive, Cason is great value here and the Cowboys walk away from the 1st round with McFadden & Cason.

25- Denver: Keith Rivers OLB USC
Rivers may be an undersized linebacker, but he makes up from it with his speed, Denver has always had a fast defense and Rivers will only add to that.

26- Cincinnati: DeMarrio Pressley DT North Carolina State
The Bengals always need help on defense, Last year they drafted Leon Hall to play CB this year they will strengthen up the there D-Line with a man who can cause havoc in the backfield.

27- New Orleans: Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
They bascially have no secondary, the Colts proved that, Jenkins may be 1st on some peoples boards as a CB but not on mine.

28- Baltimore: Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State
Both Rolle & McAllister are getting up there in years, and they can basically plug any LB into thier Defense and they will become a probowler so they draft for depth now and a starter later.

29- Chicago: Michael Oher OG/OT Ole Miss
The bears have the oldest O-Line in the league, I know there are a lot of Grossman haters out there but I expect him to have a decent year and keep his job

30- San Fran (fIND): Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
Much like last year there a few WR that could go higher or lower just depending on the team that likes em, Manningham, Doucet, Burton, & Sweed could all go here but Bowman is my top rated WR out of the bunch.

31- San Diego: Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt
They don't have many needs anywhere on the team, both sides of the ball are stacked with young talent, ILB may be the biggest need on the team, safety is another option but I don't think Z is 1st round material.

32- New England: Forfitted

Borat
09-20-2007, 03:03 AM
I'm scared as hell of another WR from Ok St going to SF after the Rashan Woods debacle, but considering you're one of the few to not put Doucet there, I'll take it.

Caddy
09-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Very, very nice.

21ST
09-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Give the redskins a WR, we dont draft DL on day one

Finsfan79
09-20-2007, 08:24 AM
phillips is nice for miami rather get an OT though

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 08:53 AM
We drafted Timmons to play ILB, Woodley's best NFL Fit is LOLB.

We're not going 4-3 anytime soon.

If we were to go fulltime cover 2 we'd need LB's more than anything because our LB's don't fit a Cover 2 scheme. Timmons would be the only one.

Chris Hoke is an underrated tackle and if we did go 4-3 we'd need a DE as well because 3-4 DE's are usually Dt's.

But since we're not going 4-3 give us... Vernon Gholston or Tony Hills here.

Scotty D
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Hard to argue with the Campbell pick even with his "slow" start. I'm still very tempted to the MLB position with Connor or Laurinaitis.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
boooooooo.hate where were picking.DE is a bigger need than OT.

Man_Of_Steel
09-20-2007, 09:51 AM

If we were to go fulltime cover 2 we'd need LB's more than anything because our LB's don't fit a Cover 2 scheme. Timmons would be the only one.

Chris Hoke is an underrated tackle and if we did go 4-3 we'd need a DE as well because 3-4 DE's are usually Dt's.

As much as I like the pick I have to agree, if we do go to a 4-3 cover 2 we would have many guys that could team with Hampton in the middle. I disagree with your statement on LB, we are fine there for now and no sense wastig a first on one. WIth that being said if Malcolm Jennings is there I would probably run to NY and hold the stage hostage until they meet my demands, which would be the Steelers take Jennings.

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
As much as I like the pick I have to agree, if we do go to a 4-3 cover 2 we would have many guys that could team with Hampton in the middle. I disagree with your statement on LB, we are fine there for now and no sense wastig a first on one. WIth that being said if Malcolm Jennings is there I would probably run to NY and hold the stage hostage until they meet my demands, which would be the Steelers take Jennings.

Jenkins?

and secondly, if we go cover2. We don't need to spend a high round pick on Corner.

TimD
09-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I really like that Jets pick. Alot of guys have him playing NT in our defense, but if he gets drafted into the 3-4 he'll go DE. He may have some weight to him but he's quick and he's 6'5"... Good Pick

thebow305
09-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Perfect MIA pick!

Turtlepower
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
We have a very good replacement named Justin Tuck on our roster, so DE is not our biggest concern. I would rather reach on an OLB like Keith Rivers. =D

princefielder28
09-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Stewart is a nice player but go CB in rd 1

Green Bay Scat
09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
first draft with EB in a realistic draft possition, other mock makers take notice

Cashmoney
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
please no desean for the titans. hes a good kick returner but hes honestly done pretty much jack squat as a WR so far this year. id rather have EB or malcolm kelly, but i respect your opinion.

Don Vito
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
NE probably won't have one of their first rounders, but they are both great picks for us filling our 2 biggest need.

drowe
09-20-2007, 01:48 PM
i really like the Packer's pick.
also, props for doing a full mock with explanations. they're fun to read and hard to find this time of year.
+rep

Sniper
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Justin King for the Eagles works out nicely.

fenikz
09-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Give the redskins a WR, we don't draft DL on day one

With Moss, Randel El, & Cooley you are pretty set in the passing game and your D-Line needs an upgrade, so I'm sticking with that pick

please no desean for the titans. hes a good kick returner but hes honestly done pretty much jack squat as a WR so far this year. id rather have EB or malcolm kelly, but i respect your opinion.

neither of those guys are anywhere near the value of that pick though, is there any other players you think would fit?

I don't have Gholston coming out this year and Hills is no where near a 1st rounder imo. When you guys do go to a cover 2, Woodley is going to be a good DE

Yung Flippa
09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Love the Ravens pick.

Mr. Stiller
09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't have Gholston coming out this year and Hills is no where near a 1st rounder imo. When you guys do go to a cover 2, Woodley is going to be a good DE

We're not going cover 2. Period. I'm seriously sick of hearing about how we're going to run a cover 2. Tomlin said himself, if it's not broke, don't fix it. This has been our defense's best start since we had Lloyd, Kirkland and Greene. We have absolutely no reason to go to a cover2.

LeBeau is staying around as long as he wants and Tomlin is sticking to the 3-4. Please stop telling me that my team is going cover2. We're not. We have a great defense.

HoopsDemon12
09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Bills are picking way to late.. but i like the pick

Oaktown1981
09-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Raiders wouldn't draft an OT with the #1 pick. They draft McFadden or trade down

Turtlepower
09-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Raiders wouldn't draft an OT with the #1 pick. They draft McFadden or trade down

Lamont Jordan is looking like a stud.

Cashmoney
09-21-2007, 01:13 AM
neither of those guys are anywhere near the value of that pick though, is there any other players you think would fit?

yea if they pick there then id rather see them take glenn dorsey or calais campbell

SuperMcGee
09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Our core isn't non-existent (Poz and Crowell are both solid), but we could improve on the weak side. It doesn't help that our starter and his backup are both injured, we haven't seen Ellison in the regular season but the fans were wary after a subpar preseason. He's outstanding in coverage, but has a whiles to go as a tackler. Not exactly the pick I want, but I don't know what I want right now. It's probably too early for me to even be commenting on these.