PDA

View Full Version : 2008 draft thread

Pages : 1 [2]

stephenson86
02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
apparently james hardy ran a 4.47 he has good hands and is 6ft 7 i do believe, could be a good target for young

Cashmoney
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
He measured in at 6'5 but thats still really good.

stephenson86
02-24-2008, 06:26 PM
wouldnt mind him tbh, depends on how kelly does at his pro day

TitanHope
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
You guys wanna know which player the Titans interviewed first?...

Limas Sweed.

Oh, and Sweed ran a 4.46 40. I'm on his bandwagon now! :)

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 12:45 AM

Limas Sweed.

...sigh...

IDK why but I just cannot get excited about Sweed for some reason. I just really feel that given the chance to be a starter for the whole season this year, Justin Gage will prove to be a solid starting possession WR. If we signed Stallworth in FA, and then maybe got a guy like Earl Bennett or Manningham to run in the slot, I really do think that would make a solid WR core for us, especially if we get a good TE as well.

Pit Bull #53
02-25-2008, 12:54 AM
I feel alot better about Hardy today than I did a few weeks ago. I actually like that he measured in at 6'5 instead of 6'7. 6'7 is....awkward for a WR. He also ran pretty decent 3 cone and short shuttle times, which was my biggest concern with him. I didn't care about his 40, but he did pretty well in it also. Plus the long arms and huge hands and can jump.

LonghornsLegend
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Limas Sweed.

Thats not surprising, im almost positive Vince has been putting it in Fisher's ear to take his boy, sometimes people overrate chemistry between the qb and wr but its important, look at chad and carson palmer this year when they werent on the same page, they were all over the place, Vince is naturally gonna want a guy he is comfortable with and is confident can make the plays...

I dont think he's the only fit or the best, just that VY will pull for him, and theres no telling how much pull he has(I felt Michael Griffin had some to do with VY also). Hardy would also be nice, I just think it would be beneficial to get Vince a huge guy that can jump and catch almost everything, it would be even better to get a playmaker out of that type of guy, I dont disagree with a smaller wr, but feel that with the type of qb vince he, they go the jags route and take a bigger wr, and find a smaller wr to fit in the slot.

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Actually, ive always thought we drafted Griffin to trade to the chargers for michael turner as part of a draft day trade. Thats just my little conspiracy theory.

stephenson86
02-25-2008, 05:31 PM
i would like sweed gotta say, also manningham looks like a lazy ass he ran a **** forty and he looks like hes relying on rep to get drafted high, i think he is this year meachem

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
New Titans Mock:
1) James Hardy
2) Martellus Bennett
3) Earl Bennett
4) Frank Okam
5) Orlando Scandrick
7) Johnny Dingle

Staubach12
02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Earl Bennett won't be there in the third, especially after that 40 at the combine.

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Earl Bennett won't be there in the third, especially after that 40 at the combine.

His forty wasnt that great. plus a guy can dream cant he?

stephenson86
02-26-2008, 05:19 AM
New Titans Mock:
1) James Hardy
2) Martellus Bennett
3) Earl Bennett
4) Frank Okam
5) Orlando Scandrick
7) Johnny Dingle

somehow get us goff and im urs

Cashmoney
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Anyone else think we should see if we can get dewayne robertson for a 5th if he restructures his contract? He is apparently on the trading block.

TitanHope
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd Day pick for Robertson, as long as he restructures his contract like you said. Apparently, he was a beast in the 4-3 DEF, but not so much in the 3-4 DEF that the Jets run. He'd be a good pick up.

My ideal draft may be:

1) Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
2) Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
3) Jonathan Goff, MLB, Vanderbilt
4) Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
5) Adrian Arrington, WR, Michigan
7) OL/DL Depth

That is assuming that we sign Alge Crumpler, which is a great chance and it's possible that we may even have a deal already set in place for him. There is also a chance we land D.J. Hackett (My personal favorite) or Bernard Berrian, but no evidence for that. It seems Justin Smith is being heavily courted by the 49ers, though I dunno why as he doesn't fit the 3-4.

Anyway, I bet we land Crumpler and a WR in FA. I hope we get Rod Coleman too, but Dre Moore is depth behind Haynesworth, incase he gets injured, and Coleman is a UT to tandem with Tony Brown. Pending FA, all could change.

stephenson86
02-27-2008, 04:21 AM
i love alge crumpler, he was amazing for vick, hopefuly just as good for young

TitanHope
02-27-2008, 04:26 PM
New ideal mock draft:

2) Brandon Albert, OG
2) Jonathan Goff, MLB
3) Kendall Langford, LE
3) Adarius Bowman, WR
4) Jack Ikegwuonu, CB
5) BPA/ OL & DL Depth
7) BPA/ OL & DL Depth

We trade down with one of the RB hungry teams, as we probably won't be in the position to draft anyone of value that fills a need at #24. With our early 2nd RD pick, we select Brandon Albert. A truck of a Guard, he'd fit in Benji Olsen's role, or whichever side we need him at. With our later 2nd RD pick, we pick Jonathan Goff, a big MLB who takes great angles and can also cover very well. He may be able to stay in on passing downs. With our early 3rd RD pick, we select Kendall Langford, a huge DE that can play the run and rush the passer well for someone his size. He'll fit in perfectly in the LE rotation. Then, we select Adarius Bowman with our later 3rd RD pick. Bowman will be the physical WR that our WR core lacks. With our 4th RD pick, we select Jack Ikegwuonu who has plummeted due to a severe leg injury. Though he is injured, a 4th RD pick is worth the risk. Ike doesn't have to start this year, and can take the entire season to rehab. Then when he's finally healthy, we'll have a very talented CB to hopefully plug into Harper's spot. And lastly, with our 5th and 7th RD picks, we go BPA or go for depth.

Cashmoney
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
My Wishlist:
Free Agency:
Asante Samuel
Rocky Boiman
Antwan Odom
Jacob Bell
Bernard Berrian

Trades
Pacman for a 5th rounder
Our 5th rounder for Dewayne Robertson, DT

Draft
1) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Okla.
2) Chilo Rachal, OG, USC
3) Jerod Mayo, ILB, Tenn.
4) Brad Cottam, TE, Tenn.
5) Orlando Scandrick, CB, Boise St.
7) Best Value

stephenson86
02-28-2008, 03:36 AM
loving those mocks, esp titanhopes...branden albert is my god

TitanHope
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
My Wishlist:
Free Agency:
Asante Samuel
Rocky Boiman
Antwan Odom
Jacob Bell
Bernard Berrian

Trades
Pacman for a 5th rounder
Our 5th rounder for Dewayne Robertson, DT

Draft
1) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Okla.
2) Chilo Rachal, OG, USC
3) Jerod Mayo, ILB, Tenn.
4) Brad Cottam, TE, Tenn.
5) Orlando Scandrick, CB, Boise St.
7) Best Value

= Championship!

Fixed it for ya! ;)

stephenson86
02-28-2008, 05:06 PM
lol, i like the positive thinking

Cashmoney
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Damn, just like I used to do in my math classes, I forgot to finish the equation.

Cashmoney
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I put a mock with explanations to it in the mock draft forum. Check it out and comment on it if youd like.

stephenson86
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
loving the pick

also your sig looks like bruce willis

Cashmoney
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, he became my hero when he copped a feel of Erin Andrews in the Memphis game. Lucky Bastard.

stephenson86
03-06-2008, 03:37 AM
branden albert ISAGOD

Pit Bull #53
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
As of today, I'm of the opinion that in the first 3 rounds we need to come away with a CB, a DL, and an offensive skill position. Something along the lines of Malcolm Kelly/Limas Sweed/James Hardy, Antoine Cason (my favorite corner)/Tracy Porter, and Chris Ellis. Or even switch up the order and change DE to DT. It all just depends on how the board falls. Either way, I'd like to see us go with that combination in the first 3 rounds. Lots of possibilities. I wouldn't take CB in rd. 1 though, I don't think. Guess it depends on who is available. I'd even consider LB if a good one is available, but I think we need to strengthen the DL more and we need 1 more young talented corner to groom. As far as the offensive skill position player, I don't really care who it is, we just need someone that can make plays period.

After that I'd spend the rest of the picks on OL and LB depth, and possibly safety if we don't sign one and if someone good is available, even though I hate this safety class.

stephenson86
03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
i want trevor laws

i think we could have one of the best offseasons if we sign most of the current visits

Cashmoney
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not so sure we could afford to take a CB in the first 3 rounds right now.
We need OG/WR/DE/DT the most right now.

Pit Bull #53
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I disagree. We don't need a guard in the first 3 rounds. We never do it...all of our interior lineman are almost always 4th round and beyond. And there's one reason for that: Munchak. I'd be willing to bet it keeps going like that too. Plus Leroy Harris was a 4th last year and he's gonna play.

There is no question in my mind that we need a corner. Adam Jones is a non factor in this equation. So that leaves us with Finnegan, Harper, and Fuller basically. With cornerback, I don't think you can afford to wait until the year you need one and just throw him in there immediately. We need to get a guy and prepare him to take over for Harper. He is under contract until '09, but he will be 35 years old then. Plus Fisher loves his DB's.

stephenson86
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
i would love to get brandon flowers, who i think would be a great guy in our defense, hes physical, can support the run well, he can man and zone cover, dont care what his combine was looking at film he could be a star

Cashmoney
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I just hate when we draft CB's early because it seems like we do it all the time and it doesn't pay off. Id rather us sign a Vet or make a trade for one.

As for Brandon Flowers, I doubt we'd take him seeing as how he has some character issues, and that's the last thing we need.

Cashmoney
03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Anyone else think Phillip Merling might be our pick if he's still on the board when we pick?

stephenson86
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
i doubt it, i still think we go WR

i want okam so much...in the 6th now

OzTitan
03-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Who we go with in the first will largely depend on which position is strongest at 24. DE and WR are both needs but a rookie likely won't be a huge addition for either initially so neither are vital over the other. I suspect our draft board will be scattered with WR's and DE's, and which we go with will only be determined on the day.

But there is also quite easily a chance we go RB or DT IMO, possibly even a CB. We have a very unpredictable 1st round ahead of us let alone entire draft.

stephenson86
03-11-2008, 05:44 AM
TREVOR LAWS WOOOOOOOOOOO

nah hopefuly we can end up with brandon flowers, do really like the kid

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
TREVOR LAWS WOOOOOOOOOOO

nah hopefuly we can end up with brandon flowers, do really like the kid

You gonna redo your sig to match for Brandon Flowers then? lol

stephenson86
03-12-2008, 05:20 AM
You gonna redo your sig to match for Brandon Flowers then? lol

i will be redoing it soon, wih who i want in the first round

TitanHope
03-15-2008, 05:39 AM
OzTitan and I have signed up for a forum mock draft on TitansCentral. We don't know which teams we landed, but lets hope for an interesting one! w00t!

Cashmoney
03-15-2008, 02:35 PM
OzTitan and I have signed up for a forum mock draft on TitansCentral. We don't know which teams we landed, but lets hope for an interesting one! w00t!

Good Luck!

TitanHope
03-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Landed the Chiefs and the Bucs. The Chiefs should be easy. Take Long, Dorsey, or Ellis, in that order. As for the Bucs...I'll just see who falls into my lap. ;)

Cashmoney
03-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Who'd Oztitan land?

TitanHope
03-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Oz has the Bengals and Cardinals. I always struggle with the Bengals in my Mocks, but the Cards should be easy. Oz knows his stuff though. At the end of this thing, we'll compare our picks to the real deal. Anyone who picks an eventual UDFA will be banned from the boards as punishment. ;)

It's all here if ya wanna browse. (http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=2570324&trail=15)

stephenson86
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
absolutely loving our mock, OMG laws in the second....wow

MicktheGreat
03-17-2008, 10:39 PM
absolutely loving our mock, OMG laws in the second....wow

Although I've repeatedly said that I think the Titans will go DL in the 1st and WR in the 2nd, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if it turned out like Scott's latest mock -- grabbing Sweed in the 1st and Laws in the 2nd.

Really...I could totally see the Titans drafting WR, DT, DE, or even CB in the 1st round this year. I wouldn't be surprised if any of those positions were drafted. Initially, that sounds like we have a lot of holes to fill; however, it may be a blessing in disguise -- allowing us to select the best-player-available (among those positions) rather than feeling obligated to draft a particular position.

As of right now, I think the Titans first few rounds are very hard to predict. But who knows? Maybe we'll make a few more FA signings before the draft...

Bigbluegiant
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
was watching ESPN last night and Mel Kiper has up picking Jerod Mayo at # 24. I like Mayo as a player and a high motor guy just dont know if I like him enough to take him in the first round, the second maybe but that is just my opinion. I think he would be greate between Bulluck and Thorton, just a little unsure of the thought of taking him with the 24 pick just a little high for me.

Bigbluegiant
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
heres the link to Kipers most recent mock draft that has us taking Mayo bypassing the blocked insider stuff on espn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/mobile/news/story?id=3283309

Cashmoney
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
If we make that pick in the first I'll probably vomit in draft day. We need D-lineman to keep the LBs free of O-lineman. Id much rather try and wait to grab Goff in the third.

Bigbluegiant
03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
my point exactly. LB is not that big of a need for us to take care of in the first round no matter which LB is available. the third is as high as i would like to see us take a LB.

TACKLE
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
If Kelly, Sweed, and Thomas were all gone, would you guys be opposed to the Titans trading out of the 1st round?

In my mock, I have Mike Jenkins falling and Kelly, Sweed, and Thomas gone. Then I have the Chiefs trading up with the Titans to take Mike Jenkins. Titans would get the Chiefs 2nd and 4th round picks.

Cashmoney
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
If Kelly, Sweed, and Thomas were all gone, would you guys be opposed to the Titans trading out of the 1st round?

In my mock, I have Mike Jenkins falling and Kelly, Sweed, and Thomas gone. Then I have the Chiefs trading up with the Titans to take Mike Jenkins. Titans would get the Chiefs 2nd and 4th round picks.

IDK about for that low of a price, but if the price was right and the value's not there I wouldn't mind.

TitanHope
03-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't mind trading out of the 1st if no position of need has a valuable player available, but only if we get a 2nd and a 3rd or better value in exchange. I'd rather reach than give up #24 for a 2nd and a 4th.

TACKLE
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
It added up on the trade value chart but you guys a probably right, they could probably get more than a 2nd and 4th from a team. If in the secanrio where the top 4 WR's are gone, and they stay at #24 who do you think they should take?

Cashmoney
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
It added up on the trade value chart but you guys a probably right, they could probably get more than a 2nd and 4th from a team. If in the secanrio where the top 4 WR's are gone, and they stay at #24 who do you think they should take?

Could be a variety of defensive players, or a surprise pick with a TE or RB.

TitanHope
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Aside from WR being our pick at #24, DE, DT, CB, and even RB could the picks. If RB is the pick, it would make most sense to pick a back who can return kicks, like Felix Jones or Chris Johnson. My favorite RB is JStew, but that's just my opinion. It would also signal the end of the Chris Henry experiment.

Of course, DL is a need even if WR value is good. Merling and Harvey may be available, but there's no value behind those two. At DT, Kentwan Balmer and Pat Sims are possible, but I'm not really in love with any of them to tell you the truth.

And alas, cornerback. With PacMan's background, CB has been a possibility for a while. And considering Nick Harper only has one year left, picking a replacement would seem wise. This is a deep CB class though, but if an upper-tier CB is available, and no other position of need has good value or a guy we want, I can see CB being the pick.

MicktheGreat
03-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Aside from WR being our pick at #24, DE, DT, CB, and even RB could the picks. If RB is the pick, it would make most sense to pick a back who can return kicks, like Felix Jones or Chris Johnson. My favorite RB is JStew, but that's just my opinion. It would also signal the end of the Chris Henry experiment.

Of course, DL is a need even if WR value is good. Merling and Harvey may be available, but there's no value behind those two. At DT, Kentwan Balmer and Pat Sims are possible, but I'm not really in love with any of them to tell you the truth.

And alas, cornerback. With PacMan's background, CB has been a possibility for a while. And considering Nick Harper only has one year left, picking a replacement would seem wise. This is a deep CB class though, but if an upper-tier CB is available, and no other position of need has good value or a guy we want, I can see CB being the pick.

I don't really see us picking RB in the 1st. Even though Rhodes is gone from the coaching staff, I think they'll give Henry another year to prove himself. I was a big skeptic prior to the season; however, he showed some nice flashes -- running with some authority and quickness. Plus, if we use a 1st rounder on RB this year, it will have meant that we've used a 1st or 2nd rounder on RB each of the past 3 years...I just don't see it happening.

I would LOVE if we could get Merling at #24. He's a solid pass-rusher and very stout against the run. Harvey would be OK, but he seems just like a younger (less athletic) version of Kearse. I'm not a big fan of Sims; however, I think Balmer could be a nice complement to Haynesworth. I read somewhere that the Titans like DT Red Bryant (from Texas A&M) and he could be their target in the 2nd round -- meaning that we wouldn't take DT in the 1st round.

I absolutely agree about CB. If Jenkins, DRC, or Talib somehow falls to #24, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we snatched one of them up.

Cashmoney
03-20-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm not saying I approve of it persay, but everytime I see Aqib Talib, either playing or in an interview or something I see him in a Titans uniform.

TitanHope
03-21-2008, 01:46 AM
DRC is my favorite. I think he's over-hyped on these boards, as everyone wants their team to pick the next Antonio Cromartie. But in reality, he is still a very raw CB/S 'tweener (Though mostly "tweening" towards CB) who comes from a small school and doesn't have much experience in football, let alone facing quality opponents. One would think teams would pass on him for other, more polished CB's. But then again, who knows? Either way, we'd have a year to coach him up and then let him loose in his second season.

Also, Kenny Phillips is intriguing. If the coaching staff wants to seriously move Griffin to CB, Phillips could be picked to play FS. And if Chris Hope's injury keeps him out at the beginning of the season, Phillips and Griffin could man the Safety spots until Hope returns. Same thinking goes towards Reggie Smith. But I'm just brain-storming here...

As for RB, I agree with you Mick. We'll have spent too many high picks on one position. I'm not a fan of going RB in the 1st, but there is a chance that we'll be in the position to draft a talented, impact RB who could help the team. Now, I'm a big supporter of LenDale, but he gives us little help if we're playing from behind. And now that Brown is gone, we only have Henry. There are definitely better picks, but I'm not ruling it out.

I think Sweed in the 1st, Laws in the 2nd, and Langford in the 3rd would be ideal for us right now, in my opinion.

stephenson86
03-21-2008, 04:15 AM
i would love to see JStew in a titans uniform, not bothered if it means weve put so much into the position, getting someone like him at 24 is a great pickup

TACKLE
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the input.

Cashmoney
03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/26/jones.trade/index.html

Apparently the Cowboys offered a 7th round pick for Pacman and we rejected that. Now the Cowboys are offering a late round pick and a player. Hmmmmm...... Anthany Fasano hopefully?

Cashmoney
03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
The Titans were officially awarded a 4th round compensatory pick in this year's draft. I'm pretty happy about that. Hopefully we'll get another one for Pacman soon.

TitanHope
03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Psyched that we landed a 4th RD pick...for Drew Bennett I'm guessing?

As for the PacMan situation... If we were offered a 4th RD pick, I'd hope they'd jump on it. But, apparently they want a 3rd...dunno how they can expect that, 6th overall pick or not. I've heard rumors that we could have been offered a 7th and one of a number of players: Marcus Spears, Bobby Carpenter, or backup WR. If we trade PacMan for Spears or Carpenter straight up, Ima go crazy. But frankly, I have no clue about gauging PacMan's value or how badly the 'Boys want him.

MicktheGreat
03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Psyched that we landed a 4th RD pick...for Drew Bennett I'm guessing?

As for the PacMan situation... If we were offered a 4th RD pick, I'd hope they'd jump on it. But, apparently they want a 3rd...dunno how they can expect that, 6th overall pick or not. I've heard rumors that we could have been offered a 7th and one of a number of players: Marcus Spears, Bobby Carpenter, or backup WR. If we trade PacMan for Spears or Carpenter straight up, Ima go crazy. But frankly, I have no clue about gauging PacMan's value or how badly the 'Boys want him.

I'd definitely take Spears & a 7th Rounder for Pacman. He'd certainly start for us and would give us some versatility on the DL, since he can play DE or DT.

I'd probably take Carpenter & a 7th Rounder for Pacman too because Carpenter seems like he'd be an upgrade over what we currently have at MLB.

Cashmoney
04-01-2008, 01:29 AM
I was thinking maybe an outside shot at Anthony Fasano, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Geo
04-01-2008, 02:01 AM
The Titans were officially awarded a 4th round compensatory pick in this year's draft. I'm pretty happy about that. Hopefully we'll get another one for Pacman soon.
A 4th round comp pick is really good, the Titans can pick up a good prospect with that pick. Probably a great OL prospect, if they wanted. Shoot, that's not good. :)

I like the Titans looking for a 09 conditional pick, plus a pick this year, for Adam Jones. Let's face it, his talent itself exceeds any draft pick or picks they will get in return, but at least if Dallas is going to bank on him staying in the league for at least a year, and Jones is going to bank of this being his last chance, then the Titans can get the most out of a bad situation by having a 09 conditional pick bank on Jones performing like he can.

Meanwhile the Titans will have moved on, and probably select a corner this year. Early pick for a CB? They've tended to favor defense early in the Draft, taking the more sure thing and more immediately productive thing in defensive players. It's not a bad mindset to have, given the evident turnaround the defense has made in the last two years. But a pick at cornerback could help boost the secondary some maybe, especially as Nick Harper has one year remaining as stated earlier and Jones isn't coming back again.

It's not just the Colts that are going to pass, it looks like the Jags can do it too with their two dozen receivers on the roster, now that Leftwich isn't sabotaging them anymore and Garrard delivers.

Cashmoney
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
A 4th round comp pick is really good, the Titans can pick up a good prospect with that pick. Probably a great OL prospect, if they wanted. Shoot, that's not good. :)

I like the Titans looking for a 09 conditional pick, plus a pick this year, for Adam Jones. Let's face it, his talent itself exceeds any draft pick or picks they will get in return, but at least if Dallas is going to bank on him staying in the league for at least a year, and Jones is going to bank of this being his last chance, then the Titans can get the most out of a bad situation by having a 09 conditional pick bank on Jones performing like he can.

Meanwhile the Titans will have moved on, and probably select a corner this year. Early pick for a CB? They've tended to favor defense early in the Draft, taking the more sure thing and more immediately productive thing in defensive players. It's not a bad mindset to have, given the evident turnaround the defense has made in the last two years. But a pick at cornerback could help boost the secondary some maybe, especially as Nick Harper has one year remaining as stated earlier and Jones isn't coming back again.

It's not just the Colts that are going to pass, it looks like the Jags can do it too with their two dozen receivers on the roster, now that Leftwich isn't sabotaging them anymore and Garrard delivers.

Yeah, it's come up before. I believe if they don't have the WR or DL on the board that they want when they pick in the first the next option will be the best CB available. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everytime I see Aqib Talib I can easily see him in a Titans uniform.

TitanHope
04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
As I've said, I gots no clue on PacMan's value. I think his value would be higher if people didn't think that we will just cut him if we can't trade him. You can't argue against his talent, but immaturity and irresponsibility is a big burden to bear. After measuring Risk/Reward, I think a 4th RD pick this year, or conditional '09 pick in accordance to Geo's thinking, is suitable. You can't forget how good PacMan can really be.... *shrugs* I dunno guys, but I'm kinda anxious for this whole thing to be done and over with.

As for picking a CB early, I would say CB is the 3rd/4th option. We need WR and DE help bad, and if there's someone there, I hope we take him. Then there's DT and CB, but I doubt there's good DT value. So, if we're at #24 and there's a good CB, but no WR or DL, I wouldn't be surprised if we go CB. The only issues are that this is a very deep CB class, and the option of moving Michael Griffin back to CB and possibly taking Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith even.

As for me, I hope we wait on CB unless a steal falls to us. I think WR and DE have presedence over CB. Especially considering how thin we are at DE and the need for our DLine to be good in order for our DEF to be successful.

Cashmoney
04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I've wanted for the Titans to trade for Dewayne Robertson for a while now, but now that we have an extra fourth I really don't see any reason for us not to. DT is still a need, and he's probably better than whoever we'd draft there. But I guess it just makes too much sense.

stephenson86
04-03-2008, 08:24 AM
back boys, not really been here, been living with my girlfriend while my parents were away...

as for pacman, i dont care what we get, as long as we get rid of him

as for the draft, i am really clueless as to who we will take, we have SO MANY OPTIONS its stupid, of course JStew is always who i want

TitanHope
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Scott has us taking Limas Sweed in the 1st RD and Cliff Avril in the 2nd RD in his newest Mock Draft.

Avril is different, but Sweed is standard.

viclindsay
04-11-2008, 10:18 AM
The Titans have several needs to address in the draft (WR, DT, DE, CB, TE, RB - arguable in that order). We can get good value for one of those positions in the first round. But, looking at Scott's latest mock draft, there are a lot of guys we'd like to nab available early in the second round. I know we'll never do it, but here's how I'd move around in the draft to stockpile picks to get the guys we need.

Option 1: Trade our first round pick (#34, 740points) and our second round pick (#53, 360points) to Atlanta for their two second round picks (#34 & #48, 980points) and maybe their compensatory pick at the end of round three (#98, 108points).

We move out of the 1st round completely and nab a WR like Mario Manningham or James Hardy as well as a CB (Antoine Cason), DT (Trevor Laws, Dre Moore), DE (Quentin Groves), RB (Ray Rice, Chris Johnson), or TE (Dustin Keller, Martellus Bennet, John Carlson).

Atlanta uses those picks to a get QB (Brian Brohm) if they don't take Ryan at #3 or another position of need.

Option 2: Trade back in round one to #28 (Cowboys, 660points). If the Cowboys are desperate to land a certain player (Felix Jones, perhaps) they might throw in their #61 pick (292points) rather than #92 (138points) in the 3rd round. Depending on how the draft shakes out, we could wind up with Kentwan Balmer (DT), Limas Sweed (WR), Desean Jackson (WR), Lawrence Jackson (DE), Brandon Flowers (CB), or Jonathan Stewart (RB) with the Cowboys pick and then take the BPA with our added pick in rounds 2 or 3.

Thoughts on the quality of the trade? Interestingly enough, Fred Davis (TE, USC) has fallen completely out of the first two rounds on Scott's mock. If TE is a preference, we might look to move up to the top of the 3rd round to get him there.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the boards, viclindsay! And for the sake of fluent typing, do you prefer a shortening of your name? Like Vic possibly? Excellent first post too! As for trading down, I favor it but only if there's no one for us at #24. Quantity over quality in 1st Day picks seems best for this year, and your trades illustrate that perfectly.

There's a good chance that we won't find a player of both need and value at our slot in the 1st RD, so if a team like Atlanta wants to trade up for a QB/LT that's available, then I'd be for it. But, if there's a player who falls to us or the Draft just unfolds favorably, then staying put may be best even if we get that same offer from Atlanta. Limas Sweed and Kendall Langford may be better than Mario Manningham and Lawrence Jackson. And again, we could face the problem of not matching need with value with our multiple 2nd/3rd RD picks that we face with our earlier 1st RD pck.

Bottomline is that we need talent at a few positions, so the route in which we can do that remains unknown. Only time will tell, and with Reinfeldt only having one Draft, I can't tell what he'd do.

Also.

Carlos Dunlap is a man beast.

That is all.

Geo
04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Compensatory picks can't be traded, fyi.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Tis true. Thanks Geo. That slipped my mind. But, we could probably just substitute the Titans 3rd RD pick in for their 2nd RD pick, and detract the Falcons supplemental 3rd RD pick to even out Option #1. But then I would be against a trade like that, as is we trade down, I want to end up with more picks than we began with.

Option #2 would be my preferrence.

TitanHope
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Scott's newest Mock is by far my favorite. Limas Sweed, Dre Moore, and Jeremy Thompson would be awesome. Fisher has alluded to them going offense, and selecting 2 defensive players would go against that.

The TitansCentral boards are obsessed with Chris Johnson, RB out of ECU. To the point where they want to use our 1st RD pick on him, even if guys like Merling, JStew/Mendenhall, or any other WR are available.

stephenson86
04-21-2008, 04:07 AM
ive seen a mock wher we take mayo....id love that

TitanHope
04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Mayo's kinda like my Michael Griffin crush that I had last year. Griff was one of my favorite players last year, but I figured we'd never pick him since we had other needs. Nevertheless, I thought he would be a stud...mainly because his name is Griffin...what a badass name...

Anyway, Mayo's like that. I think Mayo could be the DROY, as he'll get on the field very early whether at MLB or SLB and perform well as LB's tend to transfer from college to the pros easier than other positions. Plus, he's so versatile, I bet he could play WLB. A player like that will help a DEF instantly, so if we picked him, I wouldn't be upset since I know he's at least going to help. It's just that I, once again, can't see us passing over WR, DE, and a few other positions for a guy who'll be our MLB.

Oh, and in other news, Haynesworth wants us to pick Malcolm Kelly in the 1st RD. He also wants us to trade for Ocho Cinco, and draft a burner runningback, along the lines of LDT, Laurence Maroney, and league renowned speedster...Marion Barber? Yeah...anyway, Fat Albert still isn't satisfied with the off-season, saying that we've only canceled out player's we've lost and haven't really improved. I can't disagree with him and am a bit refreshed to see our "Franchise Player", and best player period at that, speak his mind. As long as he doesn't get carried away...

Link to AH's article. (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080421/SPORTS01/80421059/1027)

stephenson86
04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
lol he will be a GM one day

TitanHope
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Lol, can you imagine? There's be no cranky WR's under Fat Al's watch!

"I want more money, or I want to be traded. Thats it," said the star receiver. "If that means I have to sit out, then thats what I'm gonna do. Ain't no one gonna change my... *STOMP!*"

stephenson86
04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
if you remember whe the jets QB comes in and shouts at adam sandler in Mr Deeds and he b**** slaps him down and then his dad phones up later....exactly what would happen

TitanHope
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Hahahahahaha! Thats awesome. I love that movie too.

Deeds: Its no problem sir. He just needs to watch the language in front of the ladies.

QB's Dad: Oh, I see. Well, I'll remind him where he comes from. Thank you.

QB's Dad: *unfastens belt* You used foul language in front of a lady?!

QB: No daddy, NO!!!

Deeds: *hears screaming coming through the phone and gives it a funny look that only Adam Sandler can create*

TitanHope
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Whoo! Draft Day! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I feel like a kid on Christmas...and it's still 12+ hours away!

Well, I may as well post my final ideal Titans draft:

1) Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
2) Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
3) Traded to move up in 1st for Mendenhall
4a) Kendall Langdord, DE/DT, Hampton
4b) Jonathan Goff, MLB, Vanderbilt
4c) Eric Young, OL, Tennessee
5) Corey Lynch, D, App. State
6) f/ Bryce Fisher, DE, Seattle
7) Mr. Irrelevant...I dunno, cuz I'm tired. Probably a CB.

I dunno if it's realistic, but it's my Draft so hah! I think Mendenhall could be our playmaking RB and a beast of a RB. Malcolm Kelly may be slow on the track, but he's perdy dang good on the field. I've liked Langford for months, and he has the frame to put on more pounds and play UT - similar to Kevin Carter. Goff is a stud SEC MLB, and I think he could challenge Fowler/Tulloch for playing time. Eric Young could add depth at all OL with his talent and versatility.

Corey Lynch is a badass motha' trucka', and he'll be a beast on special teams! I've seen him play in person twice - One of which was the championship game against Joe Flacco and Delaware -, and each time he's been dominant. Complete ball hawk who can cover as well as stop the run. I truly think he can start in the NFL, but he'll in the least add depth and special teamer. Needless to say, I'm a fan...

Night all. For the Draft cometh in the morn...

stephenson86
04-26-2008, 03:18 AM
id cum in my pants if we got mendenhall

is it eastern today because if it is i will get coverage at 8 so i will miss pick 1 2 and maybe 3...but who cares, i hate the earlier picks....more predicatble i think

TitanHope
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm at Prom, which is an all day thing. I'm gonna miss our picks, but my buddy, a Saints fan (Katrina refugee), is gonna keep me updated. :)

stephenson86
04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
ha shame, i missed the first 3 picks but im here till like 4am to watch it

smittyjs
04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Starting to really like are 1st round pick, but this also mean they really don't have much faith in Henry. Someone to share time at DE with kearse was a must, but i really don't know much about this guy from emu. Maybe we can get Earl in the third. But johnson i like because of his ability to be a recevier to. and he was also my third favorite back in the draft.

MicktheGreat
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Some thoughts...

I'm not a big fan of our 1st Round Pick...RB Chris Johnson. He's definitely a speedster. However, after spending high picks on RB the past couple of years, I was really hoping that we'd address some other need positions. Johnson seems like a situational RB at best; and though he has skills at KR/PR, we just signed Chris Carr to handle those duties. Ultimately, while Johnson could pan out just fine, I think DE, WR, CB, & DT were all bigger needs...and there were still great players left at many of those positions. I wish we would've taken DE Philip Merling or CB Mike Jenkins here.

I like the Jason Jones pick. He'll play DE for us; but if he could bulk up a little, he could fill-in a little at DT too (which is what he played in college). Depending on whether we address DT in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Tony Brown playing DE on early downs, allowing Javon Kearse to come in on passing situations.