PDA

View Full Version : 2008 draft thread

Pages : [1] 2

Cashmoney
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I know it's early, but I thought I'd create a thread where we can all come and talk about potential players for the Titans to draft.

Ill start off with some of the more obvious guys we should be looking at.
First and foremost I still believe we need a go to Wr. Some guys to look at are Earl Bennett, Desean jackson, Adarious bowman, malcolm kelly, limas sweed. we need playmakers desperately.
on the defensive side our D-line could potentially use upgrades, so chris long, lawrence jackson, frank okam and sedrick ellis are all potential players for us to scout.

What do you guys or who do you guys think we should be looking at at this point.

Pit Bull #53
09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Malcolm Kelly is my favorite player in college football right now.

That is all

Titans10
09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Earl Bennett please

TitanHope
09-21-2007, 01:27 AM
In my view, our needs so far go WR, FS, DT, MLB and then depth.

Obviously, we need someone at WR. I'm tired of picking up WR's in the 3rd or later, and hoping they'll develop well. We tried it, and its not working. I have no single favorite WR right now, but if we do pick one, I want him to be extremely polished and NFL ready,

We need an actual FS thats of starter quality. I think Calvin Lowry is more of a SS than a FS. Griffin could fill this need, but it seems that he is definitely staying at CB. I'd prefer the safety to excel if coverage, so being a knockout hitter isn't needed. But, in this year's draft, the safety class goes Kenny Phillips and then the rest. We will not be in position to pick Phillips, and I don't see us reaching on Jonathan Hefney. So this likely won't be assessed in the first.

Then we have DT. Albert Haynesworth is in the last year of his contract and is playing like a maniac. Add in that he has a troubled history, I think re-signing him may be problematic. So we could very well lose him, which would leave a big hole in the DLine (Both metaphorically and literally). The priority of the DT position will depend on Big Al's contract situation and if Corey Simon amounts to anything. If Albert leaves and Simon blows, I think DT is the 1st round pick and that we pray that Dorsey falls to us or even Okam. But even if Albert stays, I think the addition of another impact DT, ala the Jacksonville approach, would help our defense immensely. Imagine a DLine of Vanden Bosch, Haynesworth, Dorsey, and Odom/Fisher.

Finally, MLB. Its definitely not a 1st round need due to the limited amount of playing time the MLB sees in our defense, but it is a need. I'm not confident in Tulloch or Fowler, and I think that we can upgrade that position. A solid MLB can be found in the 3rd round due to how deep the LB pool is this year.

The only other positions that come to mind are CB and DE. I'm not worried about CB since we may get PacMan back next year, we just drafted Michael Griffin to play CB, Finnegan looks like he can be a solid #2 CB/Nickelback, and Harper can play for another year. Then at DE, we have Vanden Bosch who is a Pro Bowler and will have another good season now that he's back at RE, Antwon Odom who looks like he's on his way to a breakout year, and Bryce Fisher who was a starter on a defense that went to the Super Bowl and multiple playoff appearances with the Seahawks. Not to mention, we still have LaBoy, Connover, Ford, and Tony Brown can play both DE and DT. If anything, I'd like us to get our hands on a great pass rusher somehow. I don't like LaBoy. He's a one trick pony that doesn't even gallop well.

Cashmoney
09-21-2007, 01:33 AM
im gonna go ahead and guess that we pick between 15-20. at that point i think we could realistically take Earl Bennett if he comes out. if we wait till the second round on WR I think we would pick sedrick ellis or frank okam in the 1st. If we took okam that'd be the third longhorn for us in the first round the past 3 years.

TitanHope
09-21-2007, 02:10 AM
Lol, if we pick Okam or Sweed in the first, we all need to put "Tennessee Longhorns" in our sigs, and have the Texas Longhorn steer head with a circle around it with the Titan fire around it. :) Either way, it just means more Texans fans will convert to Titans fans.

I don't think we'll pick Ellis. He's a great DT, but more so in the mold of a pass-rusher. We have pass-rushing DT's in Tony Brown and Randy Starks, and Tony Brown is playing well so far. What we need is a run-stuffer, like Okam or Dorsey. Actually, Dorsey can play both roles and play them extremely well; Thats how good he is. And like I said, if Haynesworth leaves via FA, we'll have no one to plug the middle and stop the run. Ellis and Brown in the middle would be two DT's bordering 300 pounds a piece, and I don't think they'd stop the run well. Opposing QB's would hate it, but opposing RB's would love it, and offensive lines would not be intimidated.

Earl Bennett intrigues me. I haven't seen him play much unless its a UT vs Vandy game, but I hear nothing but good things about him.

smittyjs
09-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Lol, if we pick Okam or Sweed in the first, we all need to put "Tennessee Longhorns" in our sigs, and have the Texas Longhorn steer head with a circle around it with the Titan fire around it. :) Either way, it just means more Texans fans will convert to Titans fans.

I don't think we'll pick Ellis. He's a great DT, but more so in the mold of a pass-rusher. We have pass-rushing DT's in Tony Brown and Randy Starks, and Tony Brown is playing well so far. What we need is a run-stuffer, like Okam or Dorsey. Actually, Dorsey can play both roles and play them extremely well; Thats how good he is. And like I said, if Haynesworth leaves via FA, we'll have no one to plug the middle and stop the run. Ellis and Brown in the middle would be two DT's bordering 300 pounds a piece, and I don't think they'd stop the run well. Opposing QB's would hate it, but opposing RB's would love it, and offensive lines would not be intimidated.

Earl Bennett intrigues me. I haven't seen him play much unless its a UT vs Vandy game, but I hear nothing but good things about him.He lives up to the hype man, i watch him every week.

Pit Bull #53
09-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't rule out taking a guy like Ellis if he were available. Starks is terrible, and Tony Brown has played well, but we'll see how he can hold up as a full time starter for 16 games. I think we'll franchise Albert this year.

Not sold that we'll go FS in the 1st at all. Lowry wasn't good in preseason, but he's played well so far in the regular season, plus I just don't see us using another high pick on a DB right away.

I like Bennett a lot, but the WR I like the most is Kelly. He's turning into a touchdown machine, he's tall, and he has great hands. Plus he has a little bit of a swagger that I like.

Also wouldn't mind if we nabbed a stud versatile LB, but not sure if that'll happen.

Cashmoney
09-21-2007, 12:01 PM
scott has eric young of tennesse the #1 rated guard right now. doubt the titans are looking at guard but i thought it was interesting since im a UT fan and they really havent been run blocking that well this year.

TitanHope
09-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Eric Young being #1 is odd to me too, but I'm a Vols fan so its all good to me!

And I think the best thing about this upcoming draft is that the Titans have no glaring need, besides possibly at WR. So its ok for us fans to say, "I want an upgrade at such-and-such position," and not be wrong. Therefore, we can all have different opinions and be able to discuss more and know more about the players in the draft.

And speaking of WR, depending on how many juniors declare(Jackson, Bennett, Hardy, Kelly), this could be a very deep draft class. Last year's was good, but it was very top heavy. This year's looks to be better overall.

stephenson86
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Frank Okam, a combination of him and Albert Haynesworth is just what our defense needs.

Cashmoney
09-28-2007, 12:06 PM
scott has us picking derrrick harvey in his latest mock. but if our d-line keeps up this pace and we resign haynesworth im pretty sure we'll go in a different direction.

stephenson86
09-28-2007, 07:04 PM
scott has us picking derrrick harvey in his latest mock. but if our d-line keeps up this pace and we resign haynesworth im pretty sure we'll go in a different direction.

we need a stud pass rushing end in the mould of someone like kearse

Pit Bull #53
09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
A stud DE could help, but so far this year, it doesn't look like we need one. Pass rush has been good. Harvey is a beast though.

Someone mentioned it earlier, it doesn't look like we have a ton of "holes" to fill - as in terrible starters to replace - except maybe WR. It looks like we can just focus on upgrading certain positions, which means our 1st round pick can go anywhere.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at all if we took a RB, WR, DE, DT, or MLB. Hell, we could even take a FS, but I think Lowry looks solid and I think Griffin is gonna stay at corner. This could all change if Pac comes back.

Also gotta remember that Haynesworth, Simon, Starks, Odom and LaBoy are all FAs this year. Not sure about RFA or UFA, I still can't keep straight on when each one occurs.

MicktheGreat
09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
A stud DE could help, but so far this year, it doesn't look like we need one. Pass rush has been good. Harvey is a beast though.

Someone mentioned it earlier, it doesn't look like we have a ton of "holes" to fill - as in terrible starters to replace - except maybe WR. It looks like we can just focus on upgrading certain positions, which means our 1st round pick can go anywhere.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at all if we took a RB, WR, DE, DT, or MLB. Hell, we could even take a FS, but I think Lowry looks solid and I think Griffin is gonna stay at corner. This could all change if Pac comes back.

Also gotta remember that Haynesworth, Simon, Starks, Odom and LaBoy are all FAs this year. Not sure about RFA or UFA, I still can't keep straight on when each one occurs.

I think DE makes a lot of sense in round 1, especially if Odom & LaBoy are both FAs. Also, a lot will depend on whether we re-sign Haynesworth (and as good as he's been playing, that could be difficult).

As far as WR goes, Roydell looks like the real deal, IMO and could be a great #2 WR. But it seems like the Titans' front-office isn't too keen on taking a WR in the 1st round. I'd say that WR is more of a mid-round pick next season or maybe even a FA acquisition.

I think we're OK at RB. Lendale's looked fine; and Chris Henry will hopefully be able to take-on Chris Brown's role next year (if Brown leaves).

Right now, I'd rank our likely 1st round pick as being:
1. DE
2. DT
3. FS
4. MLB
5. WR

TitanHope
09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I've never been a LaBoy fan. Odom has played OK, but was great during pre-season. KVB can do no wrong in my book. I want to see what Bryce Fisher can do. But if we can get our hands on a premiere DE, I say we jump on it.

You know, the more I see of Johnathan Stewart, the more I like... And he would be available and of value in our spot in the 1st, and would fit in our offense perfectly.

Cashmoney
09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
im not down for a HB in the first day at all unless we somehow get mcfadden. if we drafted an HB in the 1st round next year we might as well throw chris henry and lendale to the curb.

TitanHope
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
LenDale has never, ever carried the full load of a running game. At USC he had Reggie Bush who had more playing time than him, and with the Titans he's never carried half of the load. LenDale hasn't proven that he's a franchise back, though he has the talent to do so.

Chris Brown had one monster game. In all the other games, LenDale was the man. Unless he steps it up, or Chris Henry handily out performs him, he's likely gone.

Chris Henry... Ugh... RB is arguably the easiest position to transition into the NFL in. Chris Henry hasn't played a down to my knowledge. No special teams and no carries. And I don't think he's going to miraculously 'get it.' I think the FO took a gamble at a potential boom or bust player...and I'm fairly sure they busted. And you can ask anyone, Henry shouldn't have been picked that high...heh, there were even talks about selecting him in the first over Griffin..If thats true, then I'm truly worried about our drafting FO.

We've been looking for a great tailback for this offense for a few years. If they think Stewart is the guy, and LenDale isn't what they want, they'll take him. You can't just wait on a guy and hope he'll develop when you have a better option you can choose. Its unfortunate for the other guy, but its best for the team.

aNYtitan
09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
So far after 3 games this season, I really don't see many needs on either side of the ball. I don't believe we need to draft any more RB's this season. I think Chris Brown is a lame duck back, and probably won't be resigned unless he has a Pro Bowl caliber year. Chris Henry is bound to get a few touches, and probably will be the lightning to LenDale Brown's thunder. WR has been a need for the past few years, but I think we might not need to use a high draft pick on a WR. Limas Sweed, Early Doucet, Malcolm Kelly and Mario Manningham would all be intriguing picks, but I am happy with the solid group of WR's we have right now, and David Givens will be back next season. Our O-Line is fine and should be until we have to replace Mawae. My first glaring weakness shows up at TE. We don't have a TE that can open up the running game by demanding a man on him. Ben Troupe has become a shell of his former self. Hartstock is a blocking TE, and I believe Scaife is nothing special.

On the defensive side of the ball, I don't see anything glaring at all. DE has been a pleasent surprise so far. KVB has been exactly what we wanted. Laboy, Fisher and Odom can produce in a rotation. Conover can be an impact once he begins to get some snaps. I could see an upgrade in the draft. DT is another position that worries me. Haynesworth is playing his heart out for an extension and I think we should give it to him. Starks and Brown are alright, but we could definately use someone better. LB is great on the outsides with Thornton and Bulluck but we don't have much of a player in the middle. Tulloch and Fowler are probably better suited in a backup role, which is probably why we run a Cover 2 scheme. I believe the secondary is solid right now, and will be an above average squad when Pac-Man comes back. I haven't seen much of Griffin so far, and I think he would be happy to go back to SS.

Alright so far I have narrowed down needs to TE, DE, DT and MLB. I don't think there really is a big playmaking TE in the first, so thats out. There are plenty of DE that could make an impact, but I think we might be a bit too high for either Harvey or Long. DT is where it gets interesting. Sedrick Ellis might be for the taking, but I think he just gets taken before us. DeMario Pressley might be the pick based on how N.C. State has begun producing NFL D-lineman. However, I think we take a darkhorse in Ray Maualuga. Though we don't use MLB much, I think he steps right into a rotation system in our defense. I think by drafting him, we might be able to prolong the career of Bulluck, who is our defensive general. Also, when we do put out our 3 linebackers, we might have the best linebacking core in the NFL. Personally, I think Maualuga will be the next big MIKE linebacker in the NFL based on his ability and his charisma. So based on everything that I have said, I think Ray Maualuga from USC should be the pick since he would be a mid to late first rounder.

TitanHope
09-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Great input NYtitan. The only problem I see with taking a MLB in the first is that the MLB on our defense doesn't play that much due to us playing a lot of Nickel packages.

aNYtitan
09-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Great input NYtitan. The only problem I see with taking a MLB in the first is that the MLB on our defense doesn't play that much due to us playing a lot of Nickel packages.

I know that, which is why I believe you put him into a rotation system, the same system we use with our DE, except this time with Thornton and Bulluck. I think by doing so, we would be able to have Bulluck around an extra year or 2. A lot of people last year were hoping that Patrick Willis would fall to us last year, and they believed he would have been able to fit right into our defensive scheme.

TitanHope
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Ah, I get. Sort of like the "versatile LB" that Pit Bull mentioned earlier.

What LB do you like that would fit that role for us?

aNYtitan
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Ah, I get. Sort of like the "versatile LB" that Pit Bull mentioned earlier.

What LB do you like that would fit that role for us?

Well, if you look at the draft this season, it is possible to have 5 first round linebackers. They are Dan Connor, James Laurinatis, Keith Rivers, Brian Cushing and Ray Maualuga. Personally, I would draft Maualuga based on where I perceive the Titans will be drafting (18-24, wild card team). I love his ability, his intensity and his intangibles. I was also believing that we could pull off a Saints draft day shocker(trade multiple draft day picks to go up into a prime position) for Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey and Haynesworth would be an unstoppable run combo for several years to come.

TitanHope
09-30-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm loving me some Dorsey and Haynesworth. Maualuga is great too.

Another guy who would be a good choice if we decide to go LB would be Phillip Wheeler, LB from Georgia Tech. He's 6-2, 230 and is one of the fastest LB's with a 4.50 40 (10 pounds bigger than Rivers, but runs .10 seconds faster). Scott has him listed as an OLB, but he's also being projected as an ILB in a 3-4. So he has the versatility needed. Not to mention, we could trade down in the 1st and select him, while also gathering draft picks. Or he could possibly fall to us in the second, but thats not likely.

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 01:18 PM
My Draft Dreams: These are in order of how I want them too happen.

1. Frank Okam - The battle is won in the trenches. Now for some simple maths. Five offensive linemen, 4 defensive linemen...ok, KVB takes 1 man to block him, Our other end takes one man to block him, Big A takes 2 men to block him and our other DT takes 1 man to block him. So if we bring in another guy who is pretty much the same as Big A then they are going to need 6 men on the line to help block all of our defensive linemen. If this happens then we win the battle in the trenches and we win more ball games.

2. Lawrence Jackson - I have seen not loads because I live in england but enough to think that he would be a fantastic pick. He has a fantastic motor, he is a good size and he has good quickness even if he does not have elite top end speed. We need an every down DE to complement KVB and i personally believe that Jackson is the man. Odom and LaBoy I believe are only backups and i dont think either will ever be the answer at RE for the Titans.

3. Jonathan Stewart - I have seen LenDale play, I have seen Chris Brown play and have heard nothing but poor reviews of Chris Henry. Stewart plays behind an OK but not fantastic OL and yet he is a fantastic performer who fights for every yard. He is a big guy but he has a quickness about him, which the Titans need in the backfield. LenDale is nothing quick and Chris Brown I think is a game to game player who will never perform consistently well. Stewart would fit in perfectly behind and offensive line like the Titans and would greatly upgrade the running game.

My Draft Nightmares: Again in order.

1. Any DE named Groves, Blaker or Harvey. IMO they are all too small with not enough quickness to be great pass rushers. If we take them then premier LT are going to have fun pushing such a small and helpless piece of meat around the pocket. Please Mike, do the right thing.

2. Limas Sweed - I know the temptation to get a WR is going to be very high but this guy just isnt the answer. I know he is coming from Texas where he played with VY. But at the end of the day he is not a top tier WR and will not be an upgrade over what we have right now.

3. ANY CB - We do not need a CB and there is no doubt in my mind that the Titans will think about it.

TitanHope
09-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Actually, I like Quentin Groves. But, he doesn't fit as well in our defense as he would in a 3-4. Still, the guy's a player and the first guy I've seen this year to hit Tim Tebow above the waist and take him down.

If we're picking in the bottom half of the first round, Sweed should be considered. He's held the #1 WR spot at a top collegiate program for 3 years now, and is much faster than he gets credit for.

I doubt we go DB at all in the first round.

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
New sig dedicated to one of my dream picks

aNYtitan
09-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh man, I really hope we don't draft another RB. That means either LenDale or Chris Henry would have gone to waste, and we probably wouldn't be able to get 2nd round value for them. Even though Stewart is a damn good running back, I just don't think we need to draft him, especially in the first or second.

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 05:52 AM
my problem with the Titans is that when it comes to skill positions on the offense we seem to be going for skill positions that arent top notch and we are really limiting ourselves. we didnt NEED to get griffin we could of gone for bowe who would of contributed to the team much much more. i would like us to take a skill position who is top of the pack and will be there for years. which i dont see any of our RB's being

Cashmoney
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM
what do you guys think of dennis dixon QB for oregon. kerry collins wont be around much longer so i think in this years draft on day 2 we might want to look for a potential backup and when i watch him play he reminds me of a poor mans vince young. i was thinking if we could somehow get him in the 4th or 5th id be extremely happy.

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
anyone like VY is a good pick IMO

TitanHope
10-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't keep track of the collegiate WR's, so I don't know much about them. But if anyone of you guys do, will you give your pro WR comparisons to them?

As for Malcolm Kelly, Pit Bull, I heard someone compare him to Roy Williams. If thats true, I think I may be with you on the Kelly bandwagon.

aNYtitan
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't keep track of the collegiate WR's, so I don't know much about them. But if anyone of you guys do, will you give your pro WR comparisons to them?

As for Malcolm Kelly, Pit Bull, I heard someone compare him to Roy Williams. If thats true, I think I may be with you on the Kelly bandwagon.

I've been going around and making that comparison, and if you look at game tape, thats who he exactly reminds you of. He doesn't have the same burst of speed Roy has, but its still top notch. The thing about him is that he doesn't just go for the over the top catch on a bomb, but he goes over the middle and stiff arms people and just out runs cornerbacks and safeties. This is the one WR (along with DeSean Jackson) that I would take in the first.

I have definitely been believing that we should draft and groom a backup QB. Dennis Dixon definitely has that moxie to be at least a backup. What about if John David Booty falls? Is he a lock to go Day 1?

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I've never liked the idea of drafting a backup QB. I'd rather pick up a veteran in FA. I think thats the smartest option. And if we do draft a QB, it better be in at least the 6th round or later.

Cashmoney
10-02-2007, 03:25 AM
i would hop all over dennis dixon, john d. booty or chad henne if we could get them in the fourth or later.

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Dixon likely won't be drafted until late, due to him playing minor league baseball. Henne will likely be gone first day, but since all the Michigan business has happened, his draft status is still questionable. He has one helluva deep ball though. I've never liked Booty (*giggles*), but I don't watch USC much so I don't know.

Cashmoney
10-03-2007, 01:50 AM
whats up with stephensons posts? i dont see his sig and i dont see the rep thing.

Pit Bull #53
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Any opinions on drafting a TE this year?

Cashmoney
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
id be game if we could get carlson or rucker in the second or maybe fred davis in the third.

Pit Bull #53
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Martin Rucker is most definately my favorite TE in this draft. If he were there in the 2nd I would like the pickup. A big TE like that could help us be more efficient in the red zone.

Troupe is a mental bust. Scaife is good, but not great. I see the TE position being in the same boat as FS, MLB, DE, DT, and WR. We have solid-good players there, but they can be upgraded.

TitanHope
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
In our offense, the tight end is more important, in my view, as the WR. I made a comment like that in the Mock Drafts Forum, and said that we need an Antonio Gates more than a Torry Holt. If a great tight end is there, I wouldn't mind grabbing him. But, I don't know too much about the TE's in this year's class.

But one guy I've had my eye on is Cornelius Ingram, TE for Florida. I know, another receiving TE from Florida. Dejavu, eh? But this guy is a monster, and has the wingspan of a pterrodactyl. So far, he has 250 Rec. Yrds and 3 Rec. TD's and is only in his second year of playing the position after switching from quarterback. You guys know where he may project at?

TitanHope
10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I saw the Missouri and Nebraska game last night, and Martin Rucker was a beast. Does he grade out to being in the 2nd round? I doubt he'd be on the board for our 2nd rounder...

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
We need some help at WR, i'll put my WR in order in the next few days.
Running back - i'm holding in till the season plays out.
QB - we could use a mid rounder to develop Dennis Dixon??
FB - were good
TE - Troupe will have to finsh big to be a Titans next year, and other than Scaife we could use some new talent here also.
OT- some depth and we need to get Roos and Big country to long term deals.
OG -start thinging about Olson replacements and adding some depth and also resigning Bell or not.
Center maybe top talent if there, value wise if not i fell good at center.
DT- I hope we resign Fat Albert, but we could still very much use another top DT.
DE - is another need, Odom has look good but he can be upgraded.
LB - on the outside we look good, maybe depth, ILB could also be a early need, but i would like to see how Fowler and Tulloch finsh the season.
CB - Really don't see that being a need at this moment if pacman comes back and even if he doesn't i don't think it will be a HUGE need anyway...
S - Were pretty good and Griffin at this time next year could be or starting FS anyway, no IMO here.
K - No Need
P - maybe looking at a new young foot in the later rounds.
KR and PR - No needs

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 11:50 PM
I saw the Missouri and Nebraska game last night, and Martin Rucker was a beast. Does he grade out to being in the 2nd round? I doubt he'd be on the board for our 2nd rounder...
Kid has talent, he would be good value in the second if he was there.

aNYtitan
10-09-2007, 05:59 PM
With the recent injury to Limas Sweed, which forces him out for the season, does that force him into the second round as well? I'm all for picking Sweed in the second round because it gives us a potent #1 reciever and the ability to use our first rounder on something else(tight end or middle linebacker or defensive tackle). Sweed just reminds me a lot of Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett and I would be more comfortable selecting him in the second.

Pit Bull #53
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm of the opinion that we need more speed at WR. Our offense as a whole is pretty slow with the exception of QB.

TitanHope
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I think it will be determined on how fast he runs at the combine. If he runs slow, combined with the injury and missed time, I think he'd be available in the 2nd. Plus, you have to factor in the WR class this year. If few junior WR's declare, then Sweed will be seen as the 3rd of 4th best WR. And if thats the case, a team may decide to take him before we can.

Pit Bull #53
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Speaking of TE's....another guy I like is Jermichael Finley from Texas. But he's only a sophomore right now and looks like he's about 235. He looks like a big WR. Could be a big prospect in the future.

Also, just for the record...I don't see us using our 1st on a WR. Unless Chow really gets in Fishers ear about it.

TitanHope
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Honestly, I think the only way we don't use our 1st RD pick on a WR is if Paul Williams starts showing glimpses during practice. If not, then I think it'd be a foolish move, unless someone of epic value falls. We passed on Dwayne Bowe, a WR who fit our offense perfectly, last year for Griff. And now we have an offense that can only run the ball. I know our history and that with our offense, the WR's role isn't vital. But seriously, the situation we have now blows.

Malcolm Kelly in the 1st and Martin Rucker in the 2nd would setup our offense for... *drools*...Ahem, sorry. It would setup our offense for a while. I'm hoping Chow does speak up.

aNYtitan
10-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I am saying watch out for a dark horse pick on an ILB. Lots of serious prospects with Laurinatis and Mauluagua and Connor. Only way we go WR would be DeSean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly, unless Early Doucet absolutely impresses at the combine

stephenson86
10-12-2007, 12:42 AM
if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
harper in the 2010 pro bowl
bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010

aNYtitan
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
if my madden game predicts the future, THEN what we have is
griffin in the 2010 pro bowl
cortland in the 2010 pro bowl
harper in the 2010 pro bowl
bulluck in the 2010 pro bowl
ray lewis at OLB in the 2010 pro bowl
courtney brown in the 2010 pro bowl
john henderson in the 2010 pro bowl
bo scaife in the 2010 pro bowl
chris henry in the 2010 pro bowl
looks hopefuly for the 09/10 season guys

but in all serious, jonathan stewart...he da bomb a TE in round 2 and we are rolling to the SB in 2010
What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls

MicktheGreat
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
What do you guys think about the latest mock update???

Scott has us picking WR Limas Sweed at about pick #25 (or so) -- which means apparently Scott thinks we're going to have a good year.

Personally, I don't mind the Sweed pick; but I don't think it will happen. The Titans seem to be one of those teams (like the Eagles) that just don't believe in taking WRs early.

Since we don't have any GLARING needs, I kinda hope that we trade back a little and accumulate some more picks...

TitanHope
10-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I love where we're picking, but not so much the pick. Sweed is the 2nd WR taken overall, and I don't think he's that good. He had the chemistry with Vince, but who's to say that will carry to the Pro level? But out of all the senior WR's, he's my preferred pick. I just hope Malcolm Kelly declares.

stephenson86
10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
What about Vince? By 2010, I had Vince a multiple time MVP and back to back superbowls

i hate vince on 08, i find him too stressful to play with lol, so i have carson palmer

TitanHope
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
That's blasphemy Stephenson!

stephenson86
10-14-2007, 05:29 PM
That's blasphemy Stephenson!

woah woah, if a QB cant throw on the move on madden he is no use to me

TitanHope
10-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Maybe you're not that good? ;)

Ok, after today, I'm seriously hoping that we persue Michael Turner during FA this offseason. Turner and LenWhale would be great, and that way we don't need to use a draft pick on the position.

Pit Bull #53
10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.

aNYtitan
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Anyone else tired of seeing us take a WR in every mock that is made? Pretty much every single one has us with either Sweed, Bowman, or Doucet.

Just like last year every one had us with either Meach, Bowe, or Ginn.

I can see us going with a WR if the board is stacked right (I like Kelly and Bowman FWIW), but it is pretty clear that Fisher seems to undervalue that position.

I could EASILY see us going after a DE, DT, S, or even a TE depending on how things go.

I dont know it's just kinda boring opening up every mock draft and seeing Early Doucet.

Well everyone thinks that is our top need right now, and everyone believes that in order to make Vince Young better we must upgrade the people around him. Basically, what occurred to Mike Vick in Atlanta, in which everyone wanted a first round WR every year is now happening with Young. I definitely think its possible for us to take a WR such as Kelly or Doucet, but I also think it is as likely to take a TE, ILB and S

Cashmoney
10-24-2007, 11:38 PM
james hardy for me please

Pit Bull #53
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm sure my opinion will change alot in the next few months, but right now I think we need some new blood at our offensive skill positions. At this moment, if they were available, I'd draft Desean Jackson and Martin Rucker in 1 & 2. We need a wideout that can threaten a defense and a big TE that can help in the redzone and work the middle of the field (what Troupe should have been). DJax can also return punts which Fisher obviously LOVES.

We have enough big bodied possession WRs. Look at what Santonio Holmes has done for the Pitt offense.

One thing to think about though is whether or not Pac will be back next year. Because CB could become a need.

TitanHope
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Titans needs in no real particular order, but with in-depth explanations...

Wide Receiver

This is the most known, so I won't really go into much detail. We drafted Paul Williams last year, and have a few decent guys already on the roster. I think our roster will consist of Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage, Paul Williams, and Chris Davis. We mainly need a guy who can get separation and adjust to the catch. We don't usually draft WR's early, but it's your mock and is a primary need.

Tight End

Currently, we have Bo Scaife, Ben Troupe, Ben Hartsock, and Casey Cramer as our TE's/H-Back's. Troupe is an athletic specimen...from the waist down. He not there mentally though. Bo Scaife is our most productive, but he's a 2nd stringer at best and the Texas connection with Vince Young is overrated, since David Thomas was the TE at Texas when Vince was the starter. Hartsock is a Colts castoff, and Cramer plays FB for us now that Ahmard Hall is hurt. Needless to say, an upgrade is needed, especially considering that the TE plays every snap in our offense and is utilized more than the WR. John Carlson, Martin Rucker, or Fred Davis would be good picks in the 2nd RD.

OLine

The Titans have a great Offensive Line, and many consider it to be one of the best in the league. This is true in some way. We have two young OT's in David Stewart and Michael Roos, but behind them we only have Daniel Loper who isn't very special. At OG we have Benji Olsen and Jacob Bell. Olsen is 31 years old, and Bell is a FA after this season. Behind them we have Eugene Amano and rookie Leroy Harris, who both play OG/C. Amano has played well in spot duty, but I don't know if he's a full time starter. Bell could very well leave in FA with the amount of money Guards got last year, and he may be the weakest link of the line anyway. Not much upside, but he's quite young. Then Olsen is getting quite old, and he may not be around much longer. If a OT/OG player such as Eric Young were available in the 2nd RD, or even the 3rd RD since Young is now out for the rest of the season and may fall, he may be worth picking up. Center is a great need, though many pick us a C before any other OL spots. Mawae is old, but he is playing great and should play for another two years. Plus, as I said, we have Amano and Harris who are both young and are being groomed to take over for Mawae. We need to keep our OLine intact before any other positions since it is the key to our Power Run offense. OG, OT, then C in that order.

Defensive Tackle

Our NT Albert Haynesworth is a monster, but he is in the last year of his contract. If we do not come to a deal with him, we'll likely Franchise Tag him. The starter next to him at UT is Tony Brown, who played well last year and so far this year, and is still under contract after being resigned in the offseason. But after them the depth is poor. Randy Starks is a FA after this season, and Corey Simon retired a few weeks ago. We drafted Antonio Johnson last year out of Mississippi St., but he went on IR before the season starts so we don't know what we have in him. Another body to rotate in is needed, especially since Haynesworth gets banged up a bit easily. NT or UT, it doesn't matter.

Defensive End

Kyle Vanden Bosch is our best DE, and is having a great year (5 sacks so far). He's still under contract, but the LE's across from him aren't. Travis LaBoy (5 sacks) and Antwan Odom (4 sacks) are FA's after this season. One of them will likely be resigned, but they rotate constantly. Odom is a good all around DE, and LaBoy is a great pass rusher. We have Bryce Fisher as depth and rookie Jacob Ford, a 'tweener pass rusher was placed on IR before the season. Neither Fisher or Ford have proven much, so they're unproven. Since we'll likely only lose LaBoy or Odom, this isn't a big need. But if there is a great value, I wouldn't be against taking a good DE. But if the value isn't there, DE is on the back burner and should only be addressed on the 2nd Day.

Middle Linebacker

Some other Titans think this is a 1st RD need. I do not think so. In our defense, we run a lot of Nickel packages. So the MLB sees little time. Plus, we currently have Ryan Fowler as our MLB and he is playing surprisingly well and is an amazing bang for our buck player. He is basically a "Thumper" ILB who plays close to the LOS to take up blockers to that our quick OLB's can make the play. We have solid depth behind him too in Stephen Tulloch. But, he can be upgraded. MLB is not a 1st or 2nd RD need, but if a guy such as J Leman or Jonathan Goff is there in the 3rd RD, they should definitely be considered. Even an OLB such as Tavares Gooden who could be converted to MLB could be considered.

Cornerback

With the PacMan situation, this need tends to get overblown. We're missing PacMan now, and have a Top 3 defense. Plus, we'll get PacMan back in the 2008 season unless something changes. But with Pac, there's a good chance something will change so we may need to look at CB. Right now our starters are Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper. Finnegan is a late round gem, and is playing great right now. Nick Harper has been solid, but plays soft at times and is over 30. At NB we have our backup FS in Vincent Fuller, and he plays well in that role. Behind our outside CB's we have Reynaldo Hill, Kelly Herndon, and Eric King. So we have good starters and solid depth. But you can never have too many good corners, especially with the PacMan situation. I don't think CB should be addressed any higher than the 3rd RD, though. Anytime after, though, is fine

My explanation of the Titans possible needs for the '08 Draft. Whaddya guys think?

Cashmoney
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
WR is definitely our biggest need. from what ive seen so far this season the only WRs who should be back next year are Justin Gage, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and chris davis only because of his kick returning.
HB is a need also just because lenwhale needs 35 carries to get 100 and chris henry doesnt exactly strike me as a pro bowler.
TE is a pretty big need as well. the only one on the roster worth keeping is scaife and he is solid but not great.
Oline depth is a concern if we dont resign bell, and i still think we need to draft a QB to groom to be vinces backup after collins retires.
Dline depth is a need but DT goes to the front of the list if haynesworth leaves.
Lb isnt much of a need in my opinion.
CB is a big need in my opinion because harper is old, none of the backups impress me, and i dont think pacman will be or should be back.

TitanHope
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
*shrugs*

RB is in a bit of limbo, but thankfully RB isn't a position that you need to groom a player in. Even if we lose out, we won't be in a position to pick McFadden, so the pressure to take a possibly great prospect is gone. And I like JStew, but he's not a must have. We can go next year with what we have, and if they aren't as productive as we'd like, we can go RB in the Draft. Not to mention, there are solid RB's in FA such as Michael Turner. I have no worries there.

We have great CB depth, but another starter could be needed if Harper declines. That all depends on if PacMan will be back, though. If PacMan is back, we're sitting neat and pretty if you ask me. But, if Pac comes back, will Harper move to NB or will Finnegan? Hmmm...

I agree about LB. I think Fowler is exactly what we need, and is quite underrated.

WR, TE, and OLine/DLine depth are my main concerns. The loss of Odom and LaBoy would determine DLine being before OLine, and the same goes with Jacob Bell. Haynesworth will be back next season.

stephenson86
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
JSTEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

<3 CH

but...

<3<3 JSTEW

TitanHope
11-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Does Jonathan Stewart remind anyone else of Shaun Alexander?

Cashmoney
11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Does Jonathan Stewart remind anyone else of Shaun Alexander?

nah.... but thats just me.

stephenson86
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
he reminds me of shaun alexander running style, shifty, good burst, good vision but hes not a ***** and he hits bitches like its a drug

TitanHope
11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
You guys think that Antonio Johnson, rookie out of Mississipi St. who's been on IR this year, would prevent us from going DT in rounds 2-7?

aNYtitan
11-14-2007, 06:47 PM
You guys think that Antonio Johnson, rookie out of Mississipi St. who's been on IR this year, would prevent us from going DT in rounds 2-7?

I doubt it. He definitely is a monster, but I think that Randy Starks won't stick around for another year. I remember he had so much promise, but has filled to live up to it. I think he will be cut, and probably Johnson will be brought up to the 53 man roster. I still think that is one area that could use improvement, or at least another rotational starter.

Anybody else hopes that the Titans trade up for someone like Malcolm Kelly or DeSean Jackson this upcoming draft, to have a true stud #1 WR?

TitanHope
11-14-2007, 07:31 PM
I think they'll stay put. Floyd Reese never traded up, and preferred to trade back to gather picks. I dunno what Reinfeldt will do, though. I dunno if Jackson will fall to us, but a solid WR like Kelly or Hardy will. Whether we actually pick them is still up in the air...

Cashmoney
11-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I want nothing more than a true #1 WR. but my only question is would vince be able to get him the ball anyway?

TitanHope
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Which is why I want a stud TE over a stud WR. :)

Pit Bull #53
11-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Still a ton of options for us. We should be looking at about 6 different positions. DE, DT, MLB, WR, TE, OG. We can go any order on those 6 positions realistically, though I think we'll wait until at least rd. 3 on OG. I think we can nab a quality TE in the middle of 2 and I'd target one there. Carlson, Davis (don't think he'll be there), Rucker, Bennett.

Rd. 1 would depend on how the board falls. I'd take the BPA between those positions though. In rd. 3 and 4 I'd build some depth on the OL and DL, dependent on the 1st rounder.

And I'd make sure Haynesworth is back on this team next year, tagged or re-signed. I think Gage should start. Moulds should be gone. Let Jones/Paul Williams/FA pickup/draftee battle for the other outside receiver spot. Pray Chris Davis comes through in the slot.

Cashmoney
11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
my dream day one draft right now would be
1) malcolm kelly
2)frank okam
3) Martin rucker

Ewing
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
We need to get offensive players with each of our first three picks. Hopefully two receivers and one tight end. I know we have some needs on the D-Line if Haynesworth leaves but Vince needs help badly. Maybe we could even trade our first round pick for a stud wide receiver.

stephenson86
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
personally for me, try and get burner turner in the off season or get JStew if hes there, i still think an explosive high powered running game would help us more than a receiver at this point

Cashmoney
11-26-2007, 06:56 PM
i know our offense is pitiful but even if we resign haynesworth hes a liability so we need another DT badly.

Cashmoney
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
incidently, if asante samuel becomes a free agent, would you guys want us to pursue him? i sure would.

stephenson86
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Omg Yes Please

stephenson86
11-26-2007, 08:25 PM
samuel, finny, griffin, hope

erection

TitanHope
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
My dream draft day scenario is to trade down with Atlanta and get their two 2nd RD picks for our first pick. I think this could happen if one of the Top 3 QB's are still on the board or a great OT such as Baker or Clady slip.

We'll have three 2nd RD picks, so hopefully we can get players like Limas Sweed, Dre Moore, and Martin Rucker in the 2nd RD and then a player like Eric Young or another Guard in the 3rd RD.

Anyway, I think our needs go WR, TE, and OG on offense. DT, CB, and MLB on defense.

WR is a 1st or 2nd RD need. If Jackson, Hardy, or Kelly are taken before our picks, then I hope we pick up a WR in the 2nd RD and look at OG or DT.

TE can be addressed in the 3rd no matter what. I think Rucker, Carlson, or Jacob Tamme will be there. I think Martellus Bennett will declare also, with the coaching change at Texas A&M, so him and Davis will go before Rucker in that order.

Guard is becoming a more pressing need by the minute. It seems that Benji Olsen is all but done, and Jacob Bell may walk in FA. All we have left is Eugene Amano, and he hasn't impressed me in his spell duty for Olsen. If those two are gone at the end of the season, we must address this position. Say what you want about the skill positions, but we must keep our OLine maintained if we are to be successful.

DT needs to be addressed, even if we re-sign Haynesworth. Tony Brown is okay next to Al, but stinks next to Starks. Both Starks and Brown are great in rotation, though. So if we can draft a great UT, or someone to take Fat Al's spot while he's hurt, that would be great.

CB isn't that big of a need if PacMan comes back. But knowing PacMan, we never know. I think Finny is overrated by us. He is good outside, but I think he's a great NB. Harper gives too much of a cushion, but he's a solid tackler. We'll be in the position to draft Aqib Talib in the first, who I like very much.

We haven't had a good MLB in....ever. Fowler is serviceable, but he can be upgraded.

In order of need, I'd go WR, OG, TE, DT, MLB, CB.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
I think they intend to play Leroy Harris at OG also.

TitanHope
11-27-2007, 09:12 AM
That may work, but then we must draft another Center in the draft if Bell leaves. I don't think Loper can play Center, but he can play Guard and Harris/Amano can play Center... I really want Alan Faneca...

stephenson86
11-27-2007, 12:22 PM
i want us to get an explosive big play runner, no wide reciver will help vince young, he needs a set of running backs who can do the job lendale white chris brown and chris henry are not, we need a premier one and thats my opinion but i put that as the most important need

Cashmoney
11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
IMO our needs go like.....
WR, DT, TE, CB, HB, MLB
Guard is only a bigger need if bell leaves, and we could use a midround pick on a QB to groom to be Vince's backup.

TitanHope
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Eric Young in the 3rd RD would be nice. He has experience at Guard and Tackle.

I think we need 4 1st Day picks (RDs 1-3) so we can address WR, TE, DT, and G. Hopefully we can trade down with someone, like Miami or Atlanta, and have this happen.

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Free agency will give us a clearer picture of where to go in the draft. Odom and LaBoy are FA's. Starks is too (I think?).

There's no way with the holes those 3 create plus the needed upgrade at the other positions that we don't bring in some free agents. After that happens it should narrow down our draft choices.

stephenson86
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
we need an explosive running game, i really think our run game is a MASSIVE problem

Pit Bull #53
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
So do I.

But LenDale is the type of back Fisher has wet dreams over.

I like Chris Henry, but we need another effective RB to pair with him. I like Chris Brown in a backup role, but he may not be here after this year.

TitanHope
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Starks, Odom, and LaBoy are FA's.

We're stuck with LenDale and Henry. Fisher stands by LenDale, and every time 'Dale has a poor performance, Fisher attributes it to the amount of carries he gets. Henry may amount to something, but he needs to hit the hole with more authority. LenDale needs to be out between the tackles guy, and Henry needs to be our off-tackle/counter/sweep/screen guy. Chris Brown may be gone, but the guy can play. I'd prefer out third RB to be a great KR, but I'm not sure if there's one in the draft or not, or if the guy we have now will pan out.

Also, I have a man crush on Michael Johnson, Jr. DE out of Georgia Tech. He's 6-7, 250, and is a great pass rusher. He was recruited to be a tight end, and hasn't played the position very long. I wonder if he declares due to Gailey leaving. If he does, I want him!!!

stephenson86
11-28-2007, 10:07 AM
lendale is FARRRRRRRRR to slow, hes like bettis but doesnt break the tackles

BucSappy
11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
What happened to Ben Troupe?

Pit Bull #53
11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
What happened to Ben Troupe?

Horribly inconsistent. He's an amazing athlete, but he has an uncanny knack of killing a crucial drive with a mistake. He drops easy passes, he runs the wrong routes (supposedly), and he's not a good blocker.

His attitude is good, he is a hard worker, and he has all the tool imaginable, but for some reason it isn't translating to the field.

stephenson86
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
imagine if we had gates

Cashmoney
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
What do you guys think we could get in return for pacman if we traded him this offseason? The more I think about it the less I see him on the team next year. I'm gonna guess at most we gewt a 4th rounder. No doubt he's talented but teams to trade with will be hard to find because of his off the field problems.

MicktheGreat
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
What do you guys think we could get in return for pacman if we traded him this offseason? The more I think about it the less I see him on the team next year. I'm gonna guess at most we gewt a 4th rounder. No doubt he's talented but teams to trade with will be hard to find because of his off the field problems.

I think Pacman would be hard to trade. Rather than give up any picks for him, most teams would probably try to wait it out and see if we flat-out release him.

If we did trade him, I think it would probably be somewhere around a 5th rounder or so.

Personally, I hope that the Titans aren't too hasty in dealing him. Pacman's obviously much more valuable (from a talent standpoint) than a late-round pick. I'd prefer that the Titans-Pacman try and make it work -- if it doesn't, then they can release him after next season...

TitanHope
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
With PacMan's suspension being over and his legal issues getting settled, he's become easier to trade. But the value that we'd receive for him wouldn't be the same. It'd be a strict move to dump him for something, and I don't think its come to that yet.

stephenson86
12-04-2007, 04:57 AM
we should keep him, as soon as he starts causing trouble again...gone

imagine pack and finny with griffin and hope

TitanHope
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Yup, we need PacMan back. If we had him this year, I think we'd be at least 1 Win better. We have no PR, and Finny and Harper aren't spectacular. When PacMan comes back, I think Fisher will put him and Harper on the outside, and Finny in the Nickel. And I can't say I disagree. Finny is more aggressive than Harper, so he'd be better at NB.

If all else fails, we can always go CB in RD 2 or 3. This is a tremendously deep CB class, and I wouldn't be susprised if we selected one fairly early.

Pit Bull #53
12-04-2007, 07:50 AM
And I can't say I disagree. Finny is more aggressive than Harper, so he'd be better at NB.

I can. Finny, despite struggles in a couple weeks recently, is far superior to Harper and it is as clear as day. He needs to be on the field all the time. If it came down to the scenario you posted, we should do like the Cowboys do with Newman. Play Finnegan outside in our base sets, and when Harper comes in for nickel, move Finny inside and put Harper outside.

TitanHope
12-04-2007, 08:35 AM
I didn't know the Cowboys did that, or even considered that a possibility. That would be a great option.

Realistically though, with Fisher's tendency to start veterans, I can't see Finnegan, who only beat out Reynaldo Hill because Hill got injured, starting over the veteran Harper. I love Finny as much as the next guy, but I don't see it happening unless Harper has a significant decline in his ability.

aNYtitan
12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I really think Pac Man does deserve a second chance. Other players have gotten in trouble with the law and come back with open arms to teams. Now, no one with Pac Man's rap sheet has come by, but still he has a boat load of talent, and to give him up for way less than what he is worth is not a wise choice. Plug him into our secondary this season, and I think we are either leading the wild card race, or challenging the Colts for the division.

Pit Bull #53
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
He'll get his chance next year. I feel extremely confident in saying that because of his relationship with Fish

Unless he screws it up between now and then.

Cashmoney
12-05-2007, 12:53 AM
i guess im the only one who thinks itd be addition by subtraction.

stephenson86
12-05-2007, 05:44 AM
i think you are, the only one, IF he cleans his act up he will be a great addition but if not...he will have a negative effect

TitanHope
12-07-2007, 04:17 AM
We need PacMan, and I want him back.

He was the 2nd best PR in the NFL in my opinion, and his field position improvement and momentum shifts would improve the offense, and the team in general. Not to mention, his 4 or so PR TD's and his 1 or so INT TD's and INT RET yards would be awesome.

With PacMan and a solid draft, we win at least 9 games next season and go to the AFC Semifinal games.

Pit Bull #53
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I think we should let Starks walk for nothing, and look to add another DT that can play stout against the run. Problem is, Washburn likes the quick twitch explosive guys. Most guys like that in college are barely pushing 300 lbs. We are just lucky that Haynesworth has the quickness to go along with about a 330 lb frame and beastly strength.

Either bring in a FA or look in round 2 or 3 for another body.

It's gonna be tough to get the necessary pieces to make our offense competent while also upgrading a couple needed spots on defense.

aNYtitan
12-12-2007, 12:06 AM
What are the opinions on Vernon Gholston? I'm seeing him either going to the Pats in the top 5 or dropping all the way to the early/middle of the first round. I'm hearing some Shawn Merrimen comparisons and am quite intrigued by pairing him on the same line as KVB and Fat Albert. I'm figuring a hybrid 4-3 (starting out with 4 on the line, but dropping a DE back into coverage just to have him run into a blitz) Possible trade up for him?

Cashmoney
12-12-2007, 12:54 PM
What are the opinions on Vernon Gholston? I'm seeing him either going to the Pats in the top 5 or dropping all the way to the early/middle of the first round. I'm hearing some Shawn Merrimen comparisons and am quite intrigued by pairing him on the same line as KVB and Fat Albert. I'm figuring a hybrid 4-3 (starting out with 4 on the line, but dropping a DE back into coverage just to have him run into a blitz) Possible trade up for him?

DE is definitely not a first round need IMO. As for a DT, we're more than likely not gonna get sedrick ellis in the 1st so maybe we can get Dre Moore, Frank Okam, or Andre Fluellen in the second. We have got to get Vince some targets so in the first round I'm wanting James Hardy, Earl Bennett, or Malcolm Kelly since I doubt we get a shot at taking Desean Jackson.

TitanHope
12-26-2007, 05:45 PM
The Motor City Bowl is on tonight between Purdue and Central Michigan. Purdue has two prospects in Dorien Bryant WR/KR and Dustin Keller TE.

Bryant is only 5'10, 185-ish but I really like him. Extremely productive over his career. Great after the catch, and can get separation from DB's. Very explosive and elusive, but is also quite powerful for his size. Not to mention, a great return man. Here is a highlight reel of him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFGPYBzXjYo&feature=related). He can probably be had in the 2nd or 3rd RD.

Dustin Keller is 6'4, 240 but is a good receiving option. He's not fast, but can find the open spaces in the defenses and has good awareness. I think I like Martin Rucker more than him, but Keller could be had in the 3rd of 4th RD.

If anyone else watches the game, Bryant is #9 and Keller is #28.

TitanHope
12-29-2007, 03:54 AM
Erin Henderson didn't look spectacular in the Emerald Bowl tonight, but Dre Moore definitely did. Moore probably won't last until out 2nd RD pick, but if we'd pick him in the 1st RD, we'd have probably the best Front 7 in the NFL, and has a DT line-up similar to the Pat Williams/Kevin Williams duo in Minnesota.

Darius Heyward-Bey is hella fast, too.

It would be tough to pass over glaring needs at WR and such for a DT or another player you like who fills another secondary need. But we did it with Michael Griffin last year, so who knows?

Cashmoney
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Well apparently TJ whosyamamma is a free agent this year. I doubt he gets out of cincy but if he does he becomes my #1 priority FA if I'm the titans. anyone know of any other FA Wr's? I know patrick crayton was just resigned and supposedly Bernard Berrian is one too.

TitanHope
12-30-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't think Houshmandzadeh is a FA, unless he gets cut that is...

My favorite FA WR is D.J. Hackett (SEA). Others on the market are Bryant Johnson (ARZ) and Bernard Berrian (CHI), but I like Hackett more. He shouldn't be re-signed by Seattle who have expensive WR's in Deion Branch and Nate Burleson, and still has Bobby Engram too. I doubt they invest so much money on one position. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson hit the market, as Arizona has Fitzgerald and Boldin. I dunno if Berrian will leave Chicago, but he's a great deep threat who sometimes drops balls.

As for WR's who could be released, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante Stallworth (NE) and Devery Henderson (NO) are released.

Cashmoney
12-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I was listening to espn radio and I could've swore they said Houshmandzadeh was a FA after this year. But they also said that the Bengals were more likely to resign him and trade Chad Johnson. I've also heard besides Chad Johnson that Roy Williams and Larry Fitzgerald could both be trade bait after this season as well.

aNYtitan
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Houshmandzadeh signed a 4 year deal in 2005, so that takes him out of our picture because I doubt that he gets released or traded. Chad Johnson on the other hand could get traded after having a monster year though. Roy Williams is a possibility though I don't know why, and the same goes for Larry Fitzgerald

DallasTitan
12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I could see the Bengals changing their team and trading Johnson (however I would not give more than a 2/3 for him). I believe that Bryant Johnson should be someone that we pursue...he has not been used as much in AZ. It is paramount that we improve our play at G. Olsen is done and Bell may walk.

MicktheGreat
12-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah...I heard that Roy Williams could be traded as well. Apparently, he's unhappy with the way that he's been utilized in the Lions' offense. If he can stay healthy, he's certainly a #1-calibur WR. I guess it depends on how much the Lions would want for him in return.

As far as FA WRs go, the top ones that I've heard are:
1. Randy Moss -- I believe he can (and will) opt out of his contract. Whether the Pats re-sign him, I don't know...
2. D.J. Hackett -- probably won't be re-signed by the Seahawks...
3. Bernard Berrian -- speed threat (which the Titans need) but a bit inconsistent...
4. Bryant Johnson -- overshadowed by Boldin & Fitzgerald but probably talented enough to be a solid #2 WR for alot of other NFL teams...
5. Devery Henderson -- has been pretty much invisible this season but has the speed to go deep...

Overall, from this list, I'd probably want to re-sign Justin Gage, sign Bernard Berrian, and then draft a mid-to-late round WR. Although he's been a veteran presence in the passing game, I'd let Eric Moulds leave via FA. And I'd probably cut Brandon Jones (who's never shown any consistency) and Mike Williams (who's a #3-#4 WR, at best). Hackett & Johnson are certainly interesting options; however, Berrian's speed would make me choose him, as the Titans are currently without a legit deep-threat in their offense.

That would make our potential WR core in 2008:

1. Bernard Berrian (speed threat)
2. Justin Gage (reliable possession WR)
3. Roydell Williams (talented WR)
4. David Givens (depending upon health)
5. Chris Davis (potential slot WR, good punt return potential)
6. Biren Ealy (potential WR)
7. Paul Williams (depending upon development)
8. Rookie WR (developmental prospect, probably practice squad)

Cashmoney
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
We need a legit number one. none of those guys, except randy moss who wouldnt come here anyways, seem to be legit number ones. If we have to trade our first or second to get fitz, chad johnson, or roy williams, then so be it. If not we better go after one of the elite WRs in this draft. Im tired of washed up vets and late round developmental receivers. We also need a go-to TE, and id love for us to get a scatback.

Mr. Handz 12
01-01-2008, 11:18 AM
The guy that really stick out to me that we should pick first is the Oklahoma State WR Adarius Bowman, this man is 6-4 220, he can do anything you ask him to do, he'll block and catch and lately we haven't seen that on the Titans. In the second round we should grab Missouri's TE Martin Rucker hes got big soft hands and he's huge!

Pit Bull #53
01-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree. I love the two Big XII receivers. Bowman and Kelly...I think both are going to be great pros.

Mr. Handz 12
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I like Kelly too, but don't we pick at like 24 or 25 I think he'll be gone when we pick.

Pit Bull #53
01-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I think he'll be gone too. I would love Bowman at our pick.

I know cashmoneydrew won't like it, but I really hope we don't pick James Hardy. It's really hard for a guy that tall and lanky to be a good route runner and get separation. When I watch him I see rounded cuts and no quickness or agility. I think he's a complementary player in the pros, and that might not be a bad thing, but I think we need a guy that can be a lead receiver. Bowman almost reminds me of Eric Moulds....7-9 years ago.

TitanHope
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I could see the Bengals changing their team and trading Johnson (however I would not give more than a 2/3 for him). I believe that Bryant Johnson should be someone that we pursue...he has not been used as much in AZ. It is paramount that we improve our play at G. Olsen is done and Bell may walk.

I would give up a mid-20's 1st RD pick for Chad Johnson in a heartbeat. We wouldn't get anyone of his talent at our pick in the draft. Not to mention, Chris Chambers was traded for a 2nd RD pick, so an annual Pro Bowler would be a steal for a 1st RD pick.

If Olsen retires, I think we re-sign Bell. Then, we have Amano, Harris, and Loper on the roster who all have playing time and the ability to take over RG. There's reliable OL in FA too, and we always draft one during the 2nd Day. Coach Munchak has the ability to take late round guys and make them work. I mean, our franchise LT was taken in the 2nd RD and was considered a reach. Besides, we should have bigger needs on our Draft Board.

We need a legit number one. none of those guys, except randy moss who wouldnt come here anyways, seem to be legit number ones.

D.J. Hackett is a #1 and the 2nd best WR for the Seahawks when healthy; Actually, arguably their best. The problem Seattle has with re-signing him is that they've dealt out massive contracts to Deion Branch and Nate Burleson, so giving another sizeable contract to Hackett would be a bad business move.

Mr. Handz 12
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
What do you guys think of Earl Bennett from Vandy? I've seen him in a few mock drafts but I don't know much about him.

TitanHope
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
He's labeled as one of the most complete WR's in college. Good size at 6'1, 200. Supposed to run great routes and have good hands, but I'm not sure about his speed, though most SEC's WR's are fast. He's been very productive at Vandy over the past 3 seasons, but it dropped off significantly from last season to this season. No injury problems that I know of, and has played in every game since a freshman.

I don't think he'll declare, and it may be a good idea for him not to. There aren't amazing WR's in this draft class, but pending on how many other juniors declare, it will be pretty deep. Like all the WR's, his performance at the combine will determine his rank among the WR's.

Bigbluegiant
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I have been reading the forums on here and i agree that our titans need a better tightend. what would you guys think if our titans went and drafted UT's biant tight end Brad Cottam. I just cant stop thinking that haveing a 6'8 tight end would give us a huge advantage. what are your guys oppions.

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I'd rather Have Martellus Bennett, Fred Davis, John Carlson, or Martin Rucker.

Bigbluegiant
01-08-2008, 02:01 PM
yeah I agree that they are better tight ends but if it turns out that they are off the board before the the titans are willing to look at a tight end Cottam would have to be a choice, if only from a designated blocker stand point. I see alot of Jason Witten in him. I would rather the titans take a risk on him then to stay with Hartsock or Troupe.

Cashmoney
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
yea I agree, as long as we get rid of troupe. Cottam wouldnt be bad but I wouldnt touch him before the 6th round.

TitanHope
01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Adrian Arrington has declared for the NFL Draft! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYRcmYDwFo4) :D

He really reminds me of Chad Johnson.

And since I have been deprived of Ingram, I want him as consolation.

Pit Bull #53
01-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I wish we could swap LenDale for Mendenhall. Love his game. Gotta be my favorite RB this year. I like Stewart too, but I think Mendenhall has a better burst through the hole.

Oh well. Maybe LenDale will show up at camp this year at about 235. Then maybe he can work on averaging 4 YPC. That would start to ease my doubts a bit.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-14-2008, 02:36 AM
I am surprised yall are looking at te. I really thought yall had WAY bigger needs than te. I dont see all the games, but it is just surprising.

Ewing
01-14-2008, 03:09 AM
1st Round - Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
2nd Round - Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
3rd Round - John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame

That's my ideal draft right now.

Cashmoney
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I am surprised yall are looking at te. I really thought yall had WAY bigger needs than te. I dont see all the games, but it is just surprising.

Its true. Ben Troupe is a bust, and will not be on the steam next year, and Bo Scaife is adequate but on the smaller side so he isnt a red-zone threat, and is probably more suited as a number 2. We need a big TE with good hands that we can go to for TDs so we dont have to settle for FGs.

FlamingThumbtack
01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Right now (before FA), I'm feeling this:

1. TE Fred Davis - Big play TE ready for Chow to take full advantage of. Instant play maker and security blanket for Young. I truly believe this guy would do more for our passing game than any WR, including DJax.

2. WR Limus Sweed (or best available WR)- bring in better talent...cut the fat.

3. DT Okam (or best available DT)- need more depth when Big Al tweeks something again.

4. RB Chris Johnson - Reggie Bush lite. He'd be a terror out of the backfield too. could line up at WR.

5. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - raw, but a natural play maker, and great kick returner.

Cashmoney
01-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Right now (before FA), I'm feeling this:

1. TE Fred Davis - Big play TE ready for Chow to take full advantage of. Instant play maker and security blanket for Young. I truly believe this guy would do more for our passing game than any WR, including DJax.

2. WR Limus Sweed (or best available WR)- bring in better talent...cut the fat.

3. DT Okam (or best available DT)- need more depth when Big Al tweeks something again.

4. RB Chris Johnson - Reggie Bush lite. He'd be a terror out of the backfield too. could line up at WR.

5. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - raw, but a natural play maker, and great kick returner.

At this point your 3rd, 4th, and 5th picks are probably all gonna go at least 1 if not 2 rounds earlier than that.

Ewing
01-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Its true. Ben Troupe is a bust, and will not be on the steam next year, and Bo Scaife is adequate but on the smaller side so he isnt a red-zone threat, and is probably more suited as a number 2. We need a big TE with good hands that we can go to for TDs so we dont have to settle for FGs.

Ben Troupe is a waste of blood and organs. To think someone could use a good kidney right now.

aNYtitan
01-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't see us picking a TE in round 1. It is possible, especially if Kelly and Jackson are gone. I really just don't want us to draft Sweed. We need some versatility at WR, not big possession guys. Adrian Arrington looked real good in the youtube clip. What round does he go in?

TitanHope
01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I expect Adrian Arrington to be available at our 2nd RD pick, but not our 3rd.

Cashmoney
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
The only TE that I see being worth a first round pick right now is Martellus Bennett.

MicktheGreat
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
My hopeful draft...

1. DE/DT Calais Campbell, MIAMI (FL)
If there's anything we learned this year, it's that the Titans DEF falls apart without Albert Haynesworth in the lineup. Campbell is the rare player who can get pressure on the QB but is also solid against the run. He has experience playing DE (where he would line up opposite KVB) but he also has the size to move inside on obvious passing situations. I could also see Frank Okam, Kentwan Balmer, or Derrick Harvey at this spot.

2. TE Martin Rucker, MISSOURI
Ben Troupe's gone this offseason. Bo Scaife is better suited as a backup/complimentary TE. Rucker isn't a great blocker, but he would give VY a better receiving option in the passing game and should be a good redzone option.

3. CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, TENNESSEE STATE
With Michael Griffin moved to safety and Pacman's future with the team uncertain, the Titans could use depth at the CB position. Rodgers-Cromartie is a raw talent who needs more experience; however, he could play nickel or dime CB for us for a year or two. Plus, he's supposedly a very good kick-returner (which is something that we need).

4. WR D.J. Hall, ALABAMA
My guess is that the Titans will draft a couple of mid-to-late round WRs again this year and try to sign a veteran FA during the offseason. Hall has decent size and has a knack for making big plays (something the Titans offense severely lacks). He'll never be a #1 in the NFL but, in the right system, he could develop into a good #2 WR (IMO).

5. OG/OT
Both Benji Olson and Jacob Bell could be gone this offseason, and Mawae had trouble staying healthy this offseason. This means that the Titans entire interior OL could be in for an overhaul. The Titans tendency seems to be to draft mid-to-late round OL that Munchak can develop into solid starters.

6. WR
Again, I think the Titans will add a couple of WRs in this draft and see how they pan out in training camp...

7. OG/OT
Again, I think the Titans need some more depth along the OL given their age and the fact that some players might be lost this offseason...

As you can see, with the exception of Campbell & Rodgers-Cromartie, I think this draft will mostly focus on the offense side of the ball, adding a few weapons for VY and adding depth for the OL. In FA, I think the Titans will add a solid veteran WR -- maybe Bryant Johnson or D.J. Hackett -- a tactic that seemed to work this year with Justin Gage. Also, Fisher seems content with Lendale being the #1 RB and his consistent 3-yard rushes; and Chris Henry showed flashes of being a good RB. I'm guessing that the Titans add another cheap veteran RB or maybe sign an undrafted free agent.

I think the overall theme of this offseason will be adding weapons, so I expect us to be much more active in FA and the draft. However, I think that the goals for the offense and defense will be accomplished in different ways. I think that the Titans will seek to improve the offense by adding more solid (albeit unspectacular) role players; while, on defense, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans made a play for 1-2 stud defensive players...

TitanHope
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Tennessee's '08 Draft:

1st RD: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
2nd RD: Frank Okam, DT, Texas
3rd RD: Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
4th RD: Marcus Griffin, S/CB, Texas

Just the first 4 rounds, anyway...

Mr. Handz 12
01-16-2008, 06:47 PM
How's this:

1st RD: Adarius Bowman, WR-Oklahoma State
2nd RD: Quentin Groves, DE-Auburn
3rd RD: Martin Rucker, TE-Missouri
4th RD: Adrian Arrington, WR-Michigan (don't know if he'll be there, would be nice if he was)

Cashmoney
01-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Tennessee's '08 Draft:

1st RD: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
2nd RD: Frank Okam, DT, Texas
3rd RD: Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
4th RD: Marcus Griffin, S/CB, Texas

Just the first 4 rounds, anyway...

Ha and then we can change our name to the Tennessee Longhorns! I dont mind the second and third round picks actually.

Titans10
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
How's this:

1st RD: Adarius Bowman, WR-Oklahoma State
2nd RD: Quentin Groves, DE-Auburn
3rd RD: Martin Rucker, TE-Missouri
4th RD: Adrian Arrington, WR-Michigan (don't know if he'll be there, would be nice if he was)

Groves is a beast, it would be awesome if we could get him in the second

TitanHope
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd prefer Chris Ellis in the 2nd RD over Quentin Groves. Give me a less talented high motor guy over an inconsistent talent anyday. Besides, Groves would be a situational pass-rusher. And I don't want my pass-rusher to have a bad motor.

I think our Defense needs a Darryl Tapp or Elvis Dumerville type DE, and I think Ellis could be that. Another high motor guy would be Phillip Merling, but we'd have to get him in the 1st RD. We need guys to rotate into our DL constantly throughout the game, and not sustain a significant dropoff in talent when we do so. KVB and Fisher on one side, and Odom and Merling/Ellis on the other would be nice. Though, DT may be a bigger issue than DE.

PacMan_32
01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
For me the perfect 3 rounds would be....

1) Malcolm Kelly/Adarius Bowman
2) Martellus Bennett
3) Chris Ellis...i think he last till here

Cashmoney
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I still think we need a DT way more than a DE. Hayensworth is way to injury prone.

TitanHope
01-17-2008, 04:46 PM
1) Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
2) Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
3) Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
4) Chris Ellis/Cliff Avril/Darrell Robertson, Pass-Rushing DE

Something along that line would be very nice. FA will impact this a lot, as both Odom and LaBoy are FA's, and we could lose both Benji Olsen and Jacob Bell. I'd prefer to keep Odom and Bell, and let LaBoy and Olsen go.

stephenson86
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
i really want goff from vandy

TitanHope
01-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Scott has us taking Calais Campbell in his new mock. Thoughts?

FlamingThumbtack
01-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Scott has us taking Calais Campbell in his new mock. Thoughts?

I don't see it.

ONLY if we make a trade for Roy Williams, pick up a FA WR like Bryant Johnston or Berrian....and If Odom AND Laboy both leave.

even then....there are better pass rushing DE than Campbell in that spot....and that's what we need to compliment KVB.
side note: though the fact that he could slide in and play the run very well is intriguing...as we have little DT depth.
I'd rather we grabbed him in the second AS a DT.
grab a WR or TE in the first.

Cashmoney
01-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I think our top 5 needs as of right nows current roster goes....
1) wr
2) te
3) dt
4) cb (im gonna go out on a limb and say pacman wont be back)
5) og

FlamingThumbtack
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I think our top 5 needs as of right nows current roster goes....
1) wr
2) te
3) dt
4) cb (im gonna go out on a limb and say pacman wont be back)
5) og

agreed completely.

though...if a really great speedy RB falls to us in the mid rounds (chris Johnson, etc), we have to bite.

TitanHope
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Calais Campbell cannot play DT. He's far too tall and weighs much lighter. Haynesworth has 40 pounds on him, and is 3 inches shorter. And Haynesworth is very tall for a DT. A good OG would gain leverage much easier against Campbell, and then block him out of the play. If we want a DT, we need to straight up go for a DT.

But, as for cashmoneydrew's rankings, I can agree with those. But, DE is still a concern. We need to adress one of those needs listed, if not 2, in FA.

As for a speedy RB, we already have that in Chris Henry. Henry still deserves the chance to prove himself. His 4-game suspension really messed him up, as he just started and then he had to be taken out, which may have stunted his progression. He'll probably be the #2 RB next year. There will always be RB's in Drafts, so '09 will be no different.

stephenson86
01-19-2008, 02:24 AM
hell no to campbell, i reckon we take the best TE availible if im being perfectly honest

Bobertchin
01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd love Campbell, but as I said in the mock thread, I don't think he'll be there when we pick. If he were, though, he'd be BPA IMO, and I say that as a fan of Medenhall (I can't spell it, but I like the kid!). Campbell can move around the DL, which is something our coaches like.

Don't be surprised if we take Felix Jones though. He could return kicks, which is something we REALLY need, and he'd be a nice speedy back in case Chris Henry doesn't work out. Since we like running the ball so much, having three quality RBs would be a plus, too.

I just hope that we can do some things in FA that will allow us to take BPA with the first pick. Many of our depth issues can be resolved in later rounds because this is an incredibly deep draft.

Cashmoney
01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I think there is no way in hell we can afford to take a RB in the 1st this year. weve spent our last two second rounders on RB and we have so many other needs at this point. So unless we pick up a back in FA, I doubt we pick a RB before the 4th or 5th round.

Mr. Handz 12
01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
no DE in the first round, like fisher said its time to improve our offense.

TitanHope
01-20-2008, 12:49 AM
There is little to no need at RB. LenDale ran for 1,100+ YDS last season against 8 man fronts. That's the 12th most in the league, and if we played in the NFC, LenDale is looking at a possible Pro Bowl Alternate position. He outrushed Joseph Addai, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Steven Jackson, Marion Barber, Ryan Grant, Laurence Maroney, MoJo Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Shaun Alexander, and oh, Travis Henry (Bolded players were all taken in '06 Draft with LenDale). Plus, he's durable. Then, we have Chris Henry who hasn't had the chance to prove himself, besides on KR duty. There's no way we can afford to draft a RB in the 1st RD as insurance for a guy who only had 31 carries this past season, and then assign Jones to KR. For one, there are plenty of return specialists in late rounds. And two, we've already established that our passing game is what's keeping our offense down, and the lack of Red Zone threats. What would be the point in drafting a speed back to help us inbetween the 20's, and then sending Bironas to salvage our drive for us again? Our best bet would be hoping for him to spring a homerun TD run on every drive. It would be pointless. We can draft Anthony Alridge in the 4th RD and accomplish the same thing.

Don't listen to the fans on TitansCentral who are bitter because LenDale isn't averaging 5 YPC, and juking guys out like LaDanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson. Thus, leading themselves to thinking our offense would be unstoppable if we picked a RB in the 1st RD or picked up Michael Turner in FA.

Also, I'm not aiming this at Bobertchin. He was just the last poster to suggest an early RB pick, which ignited my rant. Sorry...

stephenson86
01-20-2008, 05:05 AM
well i think if we used lendale and henry in a tandem they would be excellent

i would like to see us go WR in the first round

round 1. Limas Sweed - just think vince being with a big familiar target is perfect, i mean look at him and bo scaife

round 2. Fred Davis - better red zone target than scaife, troupe sucks

round 3. Jonathan Goff - big powerful ILB much better than fowler or tulloch

Later rounds. (no order) Branden Albert, Xavier Omon (MACHINE), Lawrence Jackson

just to name a few

Pit Bull #53
01-20-2008, 12:17 PM
We eventually need to replace Hill and Herndon on our roster. They are good depth as corners, and Herndon even played really well when he got the chance, but both are terrible on special teams. I don't even think Herndon plays them. Our coverage units really slipped this year. We need someone like Michael Waddell at the bottom of our roster, he was fast as hell and was a great gunner. We have some players like that (Finny, Griff) but they are starters.

So we either need to upgrade special teams from the bottom of the roster, or start playing starters more on coverage teams.

MicktheGreat
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
There is little to no need at RB. LenDale ran for 1,100+ YDS last season against 8 man fronts. That's the 12th most in the league, and if we played in the NFC, LenDale is looking at a possible Pro Bowl Alternate position. He outrushed Joseph Addai, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Steven Jackson, Marion Barber, Ryan Grant, Laurence Maroney, MoJo Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Shaun Alexander, and oh, Travis Henry (Bolded players were all taken in '06 Draft with LenDale). Plus, he's durable. Then, we have Chris Henry who hasn't had the chance to prove himself, besides on KR duty. There's no way we can afford to draft a RB in the 1st RD as insurance for a guy who only had 31 carries this past season, and then assign Jones to KR. For one, there are plenty of return specialists in late rounds. And two, we've already established that our passing game is what's keeping our offense down, and the lack of Red Zone threats. What would be the point in drafting a speed back to help us inbetween the 20's, and then sending Bironas to salvage our drive for us again? Our best bet would be hoping for him to spring a homerun TD run on every drive. It would be pointless. We can draft Anthony Alridge in the 4th RD and accomplish the same thing.

Don't listen to the fans on TitansCentral who are bitter because LenDale isn't averaging 5 YPC, and juking guys out like LaDanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson. Thus, leading themselves to thinking our offense would be unstoppable if we picked a RB in the 1st RD or picked up Michael Turner in FA.

Also, I'm not aiming this at Bobertchin. He was just the last poster to suggest an early RB pick, which ignited my rant. Sorry...

I absolutely agree.

Lendale isn't a great RB, but he is a good one. Fans can complain all they want about the fact that he doesn't average 5 ypc and that he isn't a flashy runner. HOWEVER, it seems that all Fisher wants is a tough inside runner who consistently falls forward for a few yards -- a "3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" type RB who can SLOWLY chew up the play clock. For all of Lendale's shortcomings, he can be counted on to play every week (even with injuries) and carry the ball 20-25 times a game.

I do think the Titans will get another RB either through FA or through the draft because Chris Brown will likely be gone. However, I think it will be more of a depth signing/pick rather than a potential superstar (if that makes sense) -- some cheap vet signed late in FA or a late-round (or even undrafted) RB who can also return kicks...

TitanHope
01-20-2008, 08:54 PM
round 3. Jonathan Goff - big powerful ILB much better than fowler or tulloch

Not to mention, he is fast for a MLB. His closing speed is amazing! Every time I watch him, I am impressed by that. The QB dumps the ball off to the RB, and Goff takes 3 strides and WHAM, he takes the RB down. Plus, he's good in coverage and some have said that he has the skills to play in a Cover 2, despite being so big. If he's there in the 3rd RD, I am jumping up and down screaming for them to pick him. Likely the annual SEC LB that is taken later than he should, and then tears it up in the NFL.

Also, I don't think Lawrence Jackson would last past the 2nd RD. Not to mention, he have that type of DE in Antwon Odom if he's re-signed.

Cashmoney
01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
The more and more I think about it, the more I think OG is going to be a pretty big need for us. I think Benji Olsen is done, and who knows how high Jacob Bell is on our priority list of FA's to resign. Hopefully we resign Bell, and maybe pick up a vet in FA so we don't have to use a high pick on one.

stephenson86
01-21-2008, 02:43 PM
we should just trade all our picks for pick 1, and take goff, he will be our future lol

but seriously there are no athletic OG's in the draft really and we need that so they can get to the second level

hell no to fanca

i want goff, badly....badly

also xavier omon is a total monster, but he didnt play against top tier teams and he carried the ball alot...but monster

i really fancy brandon albert in the second or third (preferably third) massive 6'7" crushing guard lined up next to david stewart, 2 6'7" crushing mean players on the right...perfect

MicktheGreat
01-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Some FA OGs that might be available are:

1. Alan Faneca, STEELERS
2. Larry Allen, 49ERS
3. Ryan Lilja, COLTS
4. Jake Scott, COLTS
5. Floyd Womack, SEAHAWKS
6. Reuben Brown, BEARS
7. Seth McKinney, BROWNS
8. Rex Hadnot, DOLPHINS
9. Fred Weary, TEXANS
10. Chris Liwienski, DOLPHINS

I want no part of Faneca, who seems to be a little overrated and will likely want a huge contract. And Larry Allen would probably want a sizeable contract as well. I think Benji Olson will be gone this offseason; thus, a lot depends on whether Jacob Bell comes back. If Bell's back, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans just draft a couple of mid-round OGs that Munchak can mold into starters. Personally, I'd be happy with Bell coming back and stealing either Lilja or Scott from the Colts.

Overall, though, regardless of what happens, I don't see the Titans drafting an OG very high. Like I said earlier, I think they'd be content to draft some bruisers in the mid-rounds and let Munchak work his magic (as he's proven that he can do). Plus, I wouldn't be shocked to see Leroy Harris maybe get some playing time at OG either -- although I think he's a more natural fit at Center.

Cashmoney
01-22-2008, 01:37 AM
I wouldnt be shocked if we took one of the colts OGs we always seem to swap players alot with the colts.

Pit Bull #53
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought Amano and Loper played very well at the 2 guard spots. Then you've got Leroy Harris who we drafted last year. We'll probably add a OG or two as depth, but I don't think we spend anything more than a 4th on one. Not our style.

Pit Bull #53
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM

Forget 5 YPC.....4 would be nice.

MicktheGreat
01-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I thought Amano and Loper played very well at the 2 guard spots. Then you've got Leroy Harris who we drafted last year. We'll probably add a OG or two as depth, but I don't think we spend anything more than a 4th on one. Not our style.

I think Amano might be a FA this offseason too. If so, I'd like to see the Titans re-sign him, as he gives us some versatility and quality depth on the OL.

stephenson86
01-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Branden Albert everyone, way of the future

TitanHope
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I thought Amano was re-signed not too long ago? I think there was speculation that he chose to stay in Tennessee because the coaches promised him the starting Center position when Mawae retires. Which is a good thing, as he played well at Center. I didn't like him at Guard though.

Two things will decide if Guard is an early pick. The first is if Jacob Bell and Benji Olsen leave, and the other is if the coaching staff believe that Amano, Loper, and Harris can play the OG spots for the entire season. But, since we have Munchak, we can take OL a RD later than other teams (ie. Our franchise LT was taken in the 2nd RD, while most teams select theirs in the 1st RD).

Though, I really don't want to start the season with Roos/Amano/Mawae/Loper/Stewart as our starters, and have little depth behind them besides Harris and a late round OL. We have to keep our strong OL intact, depth and all.

Cashmoney
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I think our resign priority list should go....
1) Fat Al (duh)
2) Antwan Odom
3) Justin Gage
4) Jacob Bell
5) Travis Laboy
and that's pretty much all of the FA's I know of ours right now.

aNYtitan
01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Out of curiosity, why do a lot of people believe that Limas Sweed is the best pick for us in round 1? I remember Jeff Fisher saying that he wanted to improve our offense, but I think to do so we need to improve our team speed. I understand the whole familiarity situation with Young and Sweed being teammates in Texas, but I would rather have athletic receivers rather then possession receivers. Unless he lights it up at the combine and Pro Day's, we should stay far away from him in round 1. Rather have a TE picked then him in round 1. Also, if we take him over Kelly or Jackson, I will want someone's head.

BTW, in one mock, someone had Lauranitis falling all the way to us. I would have actually been very happy if that happened lol, too bad he is going back. Easily the best returning senior in next year's draft class

stephenson86
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
branden albert in the second, goff in the third

BOWMAN IN THE FIRST

Pit Bull #53
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
We have the pieces to play with the OL a bit without using a high draft pick on it. I definitely wouldn't use more than a 4th. Bell was a 5th rounder OT and Olson was a 5th too.

Anyone read the article where Reinfeldt was reviewing our draft picks? He made the statement that the coaches love Leroy Harris and said something along the lines of "his strength is special". We spent a 4th rounder on him. He, eventually, is going to be a starter at either G or C.

I did not focus on Loper when he played other than when he was used to pull and when he was out in space, but to me he looked every bit as athletic as Bell. I think the biggest knock on him coming out was that he needed to get stronger. He's had a few years to work on that, not sure where he's at with it, but it's not like Bell is that strong for an OL either. He doesn't get much push in the run game, but he does release and get to the 2nd level well, and I saw Loper do that several times. LenDale doesn't make it to the 2nd level often anyway, lol.

I think Amano is a good replacement for Mawae if they intend to keep him at C. I don't recall many problems with the snaps, which Harris had some trouble with earlier. Plus Amano has good size for a center and can do some stuff in the run game.

In my opinion all we need is some depth. I would not pay Jacob Bell big money either. I'd consider paying him, but I wouldn't give big money to a guard unless he was dominating. I dont think Bell is.

TitanHope
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I missed that article.

I think Amano, Loper, and Harris are all great depth. They played well in spot duty. But, I am not confident in them holding up the interior (Both OG spots) for the entire season, especially with Mawae's injury problems last season. If we lose both Bell and Olsen, I think it's important to add another body. Whether that means there's a great value in the early rounds, or a great fit in later rounds. Fortunately, this is a deep OL class so finding guys shouldn't be too hard. I wouldn't worry about drafting a guy who doesn't have a nasty streak, because if you play inbetween Mawae and Stewart, their meanness will rub off on ya. Barry Richardson in the 3rd RD intrigues me.

I wouldn't break the bank for Bell either. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus, so he may be greedy. If he goes re-sign, then OL is only a late round need for depth.

We'll see what happens. I'm probably underrating the guys already on the roster. Do we have anyone on the practice squad who could move up to the roster? Otto? Matua?

Pit Bull #53
01-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Kelly is still the guy I want just like I did in the 2nd post of this thread. I just hope he's there for our pick. Great hands is what I'll keep saying. He clearly has the ability to catch away from his frame and pull balls away from defenders.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9W7nTi4JFQ

Lots of VY type passes in that clip, lol. Behind, high, and late.

I like Martellus Bennett and Martin Rucker in 2. Gotta see what they run first though. Really like Bennett if he turns in a good time. Maybe even in the 3rd, who knows. I see him more as a 2nd rounder though.

TitanHope
01-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Devin Thomas really intrigues me. I don't know much about him specifically. But, he seems to be quite talented and is a great return man. He's just raw, and would take some time to develop, which isn't a luxury we can really take.

Cashmoney
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Devin Thomas really intrigues me. I don't know much about him specifically. But, he seems to be quite talented and is a great return man. He's just raw, and would take some time to develop, which isn't a luxury we can really take.

IDK how he did in JUCO, but one year wonders worry me.

stephenson86
01-29-2008, 05:12 AM
New Draft:-
1. DRC
2. Malcolm Kelly
3. Mike Goff

Cashmoney
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
New Draft:-
1. DRC
2. Malcolm Kelly
3. Mike Goff

You mean jonathan goff?

stephenson86
01-29-2008, 04:55 PM
You mean jonathan goff?

yeh

lol

i knew that was wrong

TitanHope
01-29-2008, 06:43 PM
That's a bit early for Rodgers-Cromartie, and a bit late for Kelly. I think we'd have a better chance to go Kelly, DRC, then Goff.

Cashmoney
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
That's a bit early for Rodgers-Cromartie, and a bit late for Kelly. I think we'd have a better chance to go Kelly, DRC, then Goff.

apparently DRC had a great senior bowl week and may have really improved his stock. I really dont see corner as a day one need for us on draft day. there are probably gonna be some really good ones in FA anyways.

stephenson86
02-02-2008, 10:31 AM
HATE the new mock

from what ive seen

i would love branden albert in the first

Kelly in the second (i reckon he will fall)

goff in the third

Cashmoney
02-02-2008, 04:45 PM
1) Fred Davis, TE, USC
2) Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy
3) DeMario Pressley, DT, N.C.St.
4) Eric Young, OG, Tenn
5) Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
7) Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville

Bobertchin
02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Why would Goff fall to the third? He's the best MLB in this draft, by far. He could go late first, actually. I don't see any way that he's there in the third. However, if he's there at 55, I'd grab him in a second.

Cashmoney
02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Why would Goff fall to the third? He's the best MLB in this draft, by far. He could go late first, actually. I don't see any way that he's there in the third. However, if he's there at 55, I'd grab him in a second.

I think dan conner, curtis lofton, and jerod mayo would argue otherwise.

stephenson86
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
he will fall ILBs always do unless they are willis

stephenson86
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
xavier omon in the second day would be a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee steal, he looks to be a fantastic prospect, he just went to a TINY school and its a very deep class, id love to see him complimenting lendale

Bobertchin
02-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I think dan conner, curtis lofton, and jerod mayo would argue otherwise.

I'm sure they would ;). But I think Goff is better than all of them in the middle. Don't get me wrong. I like those guys (didn't see Lofton play much, though). But I saw Goff a lot. He has instincts and size. I just think he's a better player. Even if I am wrong about the 'by far' comment (which is possible), I still think he goes well before the third round. But hey, I'd love a draft that got us Kelly in the second and Goff in the third!

TitanHope
02-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Jerod Mayo plays OLB in the NFL. He's only a MIKE in a Cover 2. Tenn's LB are smaller and faster than other LB's around the country, and Mayo played ILB for one season due to necessity. He's too small to play it in the NFL. I say he'd be a great SLB for a team like the Giants or Eagles who like to blitz. Though, he may be the best all-around LB in the Draft.

I'm very high on Goff too. Absolutely love how he takes angles and his closing speed...

smittyjs
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Goff will go second round, and we need him IMO
But looking at needs, defense we need to wait on (Other than Goff), but on offense i fell a WR would be the right, like most of yall. So what about James hardy, how do yall fell about him?

Cashmoney
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Goff will go second round, and we need him IMO
But looking at needs, defense we need to wait on (Other than Goff), but on offense i fell a WR would be the right, like most of yall. So what about James hardy, how do yall fell about him?

IDK why, but Im just really starting to feel like maybe we should trade some draft picks for proven WR's who might be on the block, like Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, or maybe larry fitzgerald.

TitanHope
02-04-2008, 05:41 AM
*shrug*

Not a big fan of Hardy, but I'm not picky.

But a great TE would help the offense more than a great WR would. Roydell Williams and Justin Gage can get the job done. Paul Williams and Chris Davis are still young. Scaife didn't do anything for us this past season. Maybe draft a guy like Fred Davis and bring in someone via FA, like a D.J. Hackett. Hackett is my favorite FA WR.

Though, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Limas Sweed.

Cashmoney
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
My WR draft wish list.....
1) Malcolm Kelly
2) Desean Jackson
3) Mario Manningham
4) Earl Bennett
5) James Hardy
6) Devin Thomas
7) Limas Sweed
8) Adrian Arrington
9) Jordy Nelson
10) Adarious Bowman

Bobertchin
02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Flip Manningham and Kelly and that's my list, too. Oh, I'd probably Hawkins above Bowman too. The main thing is that this draft is so deep at WR that I think we can get one in the second and go BPA in the first. It may be that one of those top three WRs is there and better value than anyone else at 24. That's fine, if it happens. But I'm thinking we could get a real nice WR or TE in the second.

smittyjs
02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
How about a OG, in the second?? Bell is a FA, and Olson is getting up there in age.....

Cashmoney
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
How about a OG, in the second?? Bell is a FA, and Olson is getting up there in age.....

Idk. I think we have a proven track record with later round O-lineman, plus the interior lineman from ncst. whos name slips my mind right now that we drafted last year will probably get his fair shot at the spot.

MicktheGreat
02-05-2008, 01:57 AM

I don't think we'll draft a OL in the first day. Amano played well in limited time and Leroy Harris has potential. Plus, Munchak has a history of scouting serviceable O-Lineman and coaching them up to be good, solid starters.

I'd expect...
1st Round: BPA (probably DL...maybe WR)
2nd Round: Either DL or WR (whichever we don't take in 1st Round)
3rd Round: Secondary (probably CB but depends on Pac's status)
4th Round: OG (potential starter)
5th Round: DL depth
6th Round: LB depth (either OLB or MLB)
7th Round: KR (WR or RB)

Pit Bull #53
02-05-2008, 08:13 AM
I think right around the 4th-5th round area is the best spot to build for us to look at OG. Usually in that area you can find some young raw guys that can still be molded by a good coach. Plus once you get past the first 3 rounds or so the skill position players with actual skills start diminishing. Draft a WR in the 4th or 5th and he's likely to be a special teamer, whereas if you draft an interior lineman in that area you can easily find starters, maybe not right away, but 2-3 years down the road.

stephenson86
02-05-2008, 08:43 AM
im still high on branden albert, hes a train when blocking down hill

Cashmoney
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
im still high on branden albert, hes a train when blocking down hill

Yea but we'd probably have to use our first and i'm definitely not feeling that.

stephenson86
02-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Yea but we'd probably have to use our first and i'm definitely not feeling that.

he could fall

Cashmoney
02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
he could fall

IDK I feel like we can wait till round 3 or later.

BaLLiN
02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
WRS
DeSean Jackson
Limas Sweed
Devin Thomas
Adarius Bowman

TE
Fred Davis

DL
Derrick Harvey
Phillip Merling
Pat Sims

Who would the titans take if all these people were available?

Cashmoney
02-10-2008, 11:39 AM
WRS
DeSean Jackson
Limas Sweed
Devin Thomas
Adarius Bowman

TE
Fred Davis

DL
Derrick Harvey
Phillip Merling
Pat Sims

Who would the titans take if all these people were available?

Desean Jackson fits our need at WR more so probably him, if not then Sweed.

stephenson86
02-14-2008, 04:46 AM
ok here is what i would love to happen on draft day, depending on circumstances
Odom resigned:-
1. Malcolm Kelly - Perfect target for VY
2. Martellus Bennett - Will be a fantastic redzone weapon
3. Jonathan Goff - Kind of instinctive sideline guy we need in the middle
4. Frank Okam - Him and fat Al, beautiful
5. Jordy Nelson - has alot of potential
6. Yvenson Bernard - Great receiver out of the backfield

Odom no resigned:-
1. Philip Merling - Huge run stuffing DE, who can get to the passer
2. James Hardy - HUGE target for VY
3. Jonathan Goff - See above
4. Brad Cottam - HUGE redzone target
5. Jordy Nelson - See above
6. Yvenson Bernard - See above

Pretty much who id like to see us get depending what happens with odom

Cashmoney
02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Put up a mock in the mock forum. Its probably VERY different than what youve seen in other mocks. If you check it out prepare to be surprised.

bbbtalb0
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey fellas. New here and I'm a titans fan. I'd love to trade for Chad Johnson if we could or sign Bernard Berrian in FA but if we need to go WR in the draft, then heres my WR list:

1. Mario Manningham
2. Limas Sweed
3. DeSean Jackson
4. Malcolm Kelly
5. James Hardy
6. Devin Thomas

Cashmoney
02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Why so low on malcolm kelly?

stephenson86
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
guys, been watching some branden albert film, OMFG, he would make our line the best in the NFL, he reminds me of shawn andrews but bigger

Cashmoney
02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
guys, been watching some branden albert film, OMFG, he would make our line the best in the NFL, he reminds me of shawn andrews but bigger

Where you watching film from? If its online im interested.

bbbtalb0
02-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Why so low on malcolm kelly?

I'm not really that I'm low on Kelly, it's just that I'm high on Manningham and Sweed.

Kelly has great potential because of his size and speed, but he tend to disappear from games at times. With all that said, I still wouldn't at all mind if we drafted him, I'd just rather have the other 3.

Cashmoney
02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not really that I'm low on Kelly, it's just that I'm high on Manningham and Sweed.

Kelly has great potential because of his size and speed, but he tend to disappear from games at times. With all that said, I still wouldn't at all mind if we drafted him, I'd just rather have the other 3.

Welcome to the boards by the way. Always nice to get a new Titan fan in here.

stephenson86
02-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Where you watching film from? If its online im interested.

some of mike mayocks film

and

i caught a virginia game over here this season, watched a bit of it, he is a beast, can play tackle probably as well

Cashmoney
02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Damn I wish I still had NFL Network. Stingy bastards took it away from me. :(

Bobertchin
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Combine coverage starts on NFLNetwork next week. That's when it really comes in handy. I've got the DVR set up to record it all in HD. Getting the numbers is fine, but I like watching the drills.

Cashmoney
02-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Ive watched it on nflnetwork the past two years, but they took nflnetwork away from me this past summer.

stephenson86
02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Damn I wish I still had NFL Network. Stingy bastards took it away from me. :(

basically the guy can pull incredibly, he get his hips round to seal off when pulling, he has fantastic footwork in pass protection, he can get downfield to block safeties hes a powerhouse, love him

Cashmoney
02-18-2008, 12:58 PM
uh oh stephenson, something is wrong with your sig.

stephenson86
02-18-2008, 05:30 PM
its back

but it doesnt match my mock i know, but realistically getting kelly could be very hard unless his stock drops a little

Cashmoney
02-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, you never know with how unpredictable the draft is. Just keep your fingers crossed.

stephenson86
02-19-2008, 05:13 AM
oh i am, has to be said though, if hes there i would drool over branden albert lol

Cashmoney
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
oh i am, has to be said though, if hes there i would drool over branden albert lol

I think if we dont get the value we want at WR in the first, we should take a long look at kentwan balmer if hes still available.

GDWTheSickness
02-20-2008, 06:23 PM
idk how many of you heard this or saw this or even if it happened but on Football's future someone stated(again take it w/ a grain of salt, since other forums are far inferior to this one ;) )During an interview with a local TV station Coach Fisher spoke on many topics one being the running back. He spoke about possible backs they would draft but went on to say that if he had a chance to sign Marion Barber of the Dallas Cowboys he would. He said that Marion is a restricted free agent this year and since Dallas has yet to come to an agreement with him yet he believes that Dallas will put a 1st and 3rd round tender on him. Jeff went on to say that in his eyes it would be well worth the 1st and 3rd round picks. He says when drafting you have a fifty fifty shot your player will make the team and the odds that player will make a pro bowl team is even more unlikely, So if you have a chance to pick up a pro bowl back for a first and third then you take it. “I hope they do give him the tender. If they do the good news is they will have two more picks this year,” Coach Fisher said as he laughed. thoughts?

Cashmoney
02-20-2008, 07:37 PM
hell to the nizzo. that would be ********.

TitanHope
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I would LOVE to have Marion Barber, and I think he would be a 1,600 YD/20 TD runningback if he was a Titan. He's the perfect back for our offense. He's a power-back with elusiveness, and would certainly help our redzone problems. I honestly wouldn't be unhappy to see the Titans trade a 1st and a 3rd for him, which is the tender that the Cowboys will place on him. I know draft picks in the NFL are very valuable, more-so than NBA or MLB Draft picks, but as Fisher said, you aren't guaranteed a stud with those picks and Marion Barber is a friggin' Dude Ranch. A Pro Bowl RB who will instantly help the team is worth that price.

I'd only have two concerns with this. First, we have a few needs pending on FA. We could very well end up with immediate needs at WR and DE, while still having upgrade needs at TE, DT, MLB, and possibly OL. If we don't re-sign guys, I don't think that trading out Odom, Bell, and 2 early picks is better for the team than sacrificing them for Barber and one potential replacement. Secondly, we have too many high picks already invested into the RB position. We have 3 First Day picks in LenDale, Henry, and Brown, who is fixing to hit Free Agency. Will we go and invest a 1st, two 2nd's, and two 3rd's at one position in 5 years? That decision making would be hard for me to digest. But then again, now that Sherman is gone, who was the coach with the biggest man crush on Chris Henry, Henry's spot on the roster is no longer guaranteed. He certainly has a good shot, but not guaranteed if the coaches don't see progress or potential. I could see a Marian Barber/LenDale White combo working well, or even a Barber/Henry combo, but not a Barber/White/Henry.

As opposed to the tender's specifications for a 1st and a 3rd RD pick, I would negotiate with the 'Boys. Maybe something like a 1st, Chris Henry, and PacMan Jones/4th RD pick? Or at least something to that extent. I would prefer to keep at least two picks in the first three rounds in order to fulfull potential needs. The only way I'd accept straight up trading the tender's specifications is if Reinfeldt and Fisher make some major moves. I'm talking re-signing Odom/signing Justin Smith or other starting caliber DE, signing a starting caliber WR in Donte Stallworth or D.J. Hackett, and hopefully going after another key roleplayer who would improve the team such as Rod Coleman or a situational player.

Cashmoney
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I think the dallas cowboys organization would be seriously screwed up if they traded Barber.

TitanHope
02-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, if Barber is tendered at a 1st and 3rd, the Cowboys would either have to match our offer, which would have to be big in order to pry him away from Dallas, or accept our picks. If Dallas has two 1st RD picks, they could possibly make a play to trade up for McFadden, which has been speculated as something Jerry Jones would like to do. This scenario isn't a trade; just compensation and the Cowboys deciding if Barber is worth more to them as a highly paid RB than the potential ammunition to gain a more talented player in McFadden.

I think the Cowboys would rather get our 1st and 3rd to make a play for McFadden more than they'd like to get our 1st and a combination of players, later picks, or future picks. But as I said, I'd prefer to keep two picks in the first 3 RD's. So I'd rather give them a '08 1st and a '09 2nd rather than a '08 1st and 3rd. If we end up with just a 2nd RD pick as our only early pick, then I think a big presence in FA is required to make up our Draft losses.

stephenson86
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
we have 38.2 ******* millions in cap space this year i swear to god if we dont go after any big money names i will flip, im sick of our ***** approach to the FA market, we should chase guys like Samuel etc. we need to fill that space with some talent

stephenson86
02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
guys id like to see us go after
Marion Barber
Bernard Berrian (if hes not franchised cant remember)
Ryan Lilja
Domonique Foxworth
Asante Samuel
Justin Smith
Alan Faneca (if bell goes)

bbbtalb0
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Randy Moss!

Cashmoney
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Randy Moss!

The patriots are complete fools for not tagging him.

TitanHope
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
With Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth both hitting FA, I have to say that the Titans will sign one of them. Not maybe sign one. Will sign one. I'm thinking Stallworth has the best chance, as he was choosing between us and the Pats last year. Now that the Pats don't want him, I assume we're the most likely suitor after going after him last year. And though I'm not a big fan of Moss, he would sure help Vince...

stephenson86
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
i would jerk off while reading the article if we got randy moss

Cashmoney
02-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Desean Jackson should be out of the picture for the Titans IMO after he measured in an inch shorter than me, and 15 lbs lighter than me as well.

OzTitan
02-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Randy Moss will still be a Pat - there is a rule in the NFL that states a player can't redo his contract twice in one season, and they redid his deal when he was traded from Oakland. Apparently they have a new deal in place for Moss, they just can't announce it until March 1st, i.e., when the new season starts.

As for the Barber stuff, that sounds like made up nonsense to me. Did anyone actually see/hear this, or is it just messageboard hearsay? Not the type of stuff Fisher usually says. Plus it's no secret Fisher likes White as our #1.

I wouldn't be upset if it was true, Barber is a beast and would be a perfect Titans RB, not to mention the value at 24 for WR/TE is bad plus I think DE will be depleted by then. But it isn't a typical Titans FO move.

Cashmoney
02-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Im thinking if he really did say that, he said it to motivate chris henry and/or lendale white some more.

stephenson86
02-23-2008, 03:56 AM
WR IMO isnt bad at 24 i think its absolutly excellent

IMO
there are 6 people who are first round value:-
malcolm kelly
limas sweed
desean jackson
early doucet
mario manningham
and i know people may disagree but
devin thomas

Cashmoney
02-23-2008, 11:41 AM
WR IMO isnt bad at 24 i think its absolutly excellent

IMO
there are 6 people who are first round value:-
malcolm kelly
limas sweed
desean jackson
early doucet
mario manningham
and i know people may disagree but
devin thomas

I actually disagree more with early doucet.

TitanHope
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking Jackson is available at our pick now that he measured in at 5'9. But, that's not a big deal. Derrick Mason was only 5'10. The Panthers' Steve Smith is 5'9 and Pittsburgh's Santonio Holmes is 5'10. Not to mention, Bob Sanders, you know, the guy who won the DPTY award, is only 5'8 and PacMan is only 5'9 too.

I don't care about height, as long as the guy can play. And we all know DeSean Jackson is a balla'. He's a playmaker, whether he's 5'9 or 6'0. Plus, that may work to our advantage. Vince is 6'5; he can see the short dude running up field. And being short will help Jackson on KR and PR, as he's harder to see by the oncoming tacklers.

Also, as far as height and weights goes, it appears that Derrick Harvey has weighed in at 6'5, 291!!!. That is not a typo either.

TitanHope
02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Randy Moss will still be a Pat - there is a rule in the NFL that states a player can't redo his contract twice in one season, and they redid his deal when he was traded from Oakland. Apparently they have a new deal in place for Moss, they just can't announce it until March 1st, i.e., when the new season starts.

As for the Barber stuff, that sounds like made up nonsense to me. Did anyone actually see/hear this, or is it just messageboard hearsay? Not the type of stuff Fisher usually says. Plus it's no secret Fisher likes White as our #1.

I wouldn't be upset if it was true, Barber is a beast and would be a perfect Titans RB, not to mention the value at 24 for WR/TE is bad plus I think DE will be depleted by then. But it isn't a typical Titans FO move.

Didn't know about that rule. Good find, Oz. So that means Stallworth is'a comin' to Nashville!

It's just message board speculation. There's nothing official to support it. The poster didn't list the station or if the statement was on or off the record. It's not a Fisher move if it's on topic. The epitome of a rumor, but what else are we gonna talk about here that's exciting? No harm in speculation. ;) Plus, we don't really know how Reinfeldt operates, as we're about to enter our second offseason with him as GM, and Fisher is in great need for playmakers and players who thrive in the redzone. So I'm not considering our conservative history when speculating. The Draft is building for the future; we need to build right now.

stephenson86
02-23-2008, 02:45 PM
fisher said on NFLN that we WOULD be active in the free agent market :)

TitanHope
02-23-2008, 02:49 PM
*Ques chorus singing "Hallelujah" in background*

Cashmoney
02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I know Fish wants to add playmakers, but I hope he doesnt get complacent with our D either. We have needs on that side of the ball that we need to look at in FA, as well as the draft.