PDA

View Full Version : 23Trufant V3.0

23trufant
09-21-2007, 04:30 PM
1. Atlanta Falcons – Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Even with the pick up of Leftwhich, I dont think they can afford to pass on Brohm. Vick wont be back, Laftwhich doesn't fit there system, and Harrington has had his chances. Petrino knows Brohm and it should be a nice fit.

2. Kansas City Chiefs – Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The Chiefs want to pound the ball with Larry Johnson but that will not be effective if the Oline is terrible, even a great back like Johnson is going to struggle with the Oline the Chiefs have in place now. Long is a beast and will start from day one.

3. Miami Dolphins- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
The Miami secondary is terrible and Kenny Phillips is far and away the best saftey in the draft. Phillips will bring instant respect into the Dolphins secondary. I almost went with Sam Baker here Dolphins fans tell me what you think...besides you hate where they are picking.

4. Minnesota Vikings- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
This may be giving up on Tavaris Jackson a little early but Woodson has a ton of talent. Some people even believe he could be the first QB taken of Brian Brohm. The Vikings have alot of young talent on offense and they hope Woodson can lead them.

5. New York Jets – Darren Mcfadden, RB, Arkansas
I know they just traded for Thomas Jones and they have Leon Washington, but can they pass on McFadden? McFadden didnt have to carry the load alone in college so having Jones will be a huge help. McFadden and Jones will strike fear into every defense, and help take pressure off Kellen Clemens.

6. Oakland Raiders- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
If he is the next Warren Sapp, why not replace Warren Sapp with him. Dorsey is an amazing talent who should help the Raiders immediately. I know they need Offensive help but I think Dorsey is a much better prospect than Sam Baker.

7. Philadelphia Eagles- Desean Jackson, WR, California
I know the Eagles think that their Wrs are fine, but they can be upgraded. Jackson is the top WR in the draft and he should add alot of talent to the Eagles.

8. St. Louis Rams- Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Campbell is a monster, he has amazing size and skills. Leonard Little is getting older and James Hall has been old for awhile.

9. New Orleans Saints- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
The Saints Defense is not good at all. They lack some serious talent. This may be a little early but Rivers will help them early.

10. Buffalo Bills- Dan Conner, OLB, Penn State
The Bills have a pretty solid young defense but they could use some more peices. Adding Dan Conner to Paul Poz, who he played with along side at Penn State and Angelo Crowell would be a nice idea.

11. Dallas Cowboys (v/ CLE)- Sam Baker, OT, USC
Flozell Adams is older, and though the Cowboys have drafted some other OTs a little later to try to replace Adams, you can not pass on a talent like Baker here. He has the potential to go in the top 5.

12. New York Giants- Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
The Giants drafted Aaron Ross last year in the first but could still use some talent in their secondary and with no saftey worth picking here I would go with Jenkins.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
The Bucs offense has improved some but they still need more weapons, and their best WR Joey Galloway is like 35 years old. Sweed will give them another option.

14. Tennessee Titans- James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio St
They have Keith Bullock and David Thorton on the outside but could use some help in the middle. The three of them should make a great LB core. I wanted to give the Titans a WR but they have so many young mediocre WRs, I think 1 or 2 could step up this year.

15. Arizona Cardinals- Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
The Cardnals have switched to a 3/4 defensive scheme and need the players that fit it. Gholston is a the perfect 3/4 DE/OLB and should help with the transition.

16. Cincinnati Bengals- Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
The Bengals Defense has been bad for acouple of years now and they need to turn it around. They have used 1st round picks on defense the last couple of years but they still need more help. Their Dline is getting run over every week and hopefully Ellis can help.

17. Carolina Panthers- John Carlson,TE, Notre Dame
The Panthers could really use some receiving options other than Steve Smith. They have some young WRs but no TE. Carlson should fit nicely with the Panthers.

18. Green Bay Packers- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
The Packers have 2 good CBs they are just old. Cason can learn behind them until he is ready then take over.

19. Washington Redskins- Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Chris Long could go much higher than this, he is that good. The Redskins should be a great fit for him because they need DLine help and he will probide it.

20. Chicago Bears- Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Rex Grossman is a free agent after this year, and the Bears havent made any effort to resign him thus far. That shows they do not have the confidence in him. Ryan is an underrated QB, whom I expect to rise up come draft time.

21. Detroit Lions- Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
The Lions could use some help in the middle of there defense. Maualuga is a beast whom should start from day 1.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars- Earl Bennet, WR, Vanderbilt
The Jaguars have tried to draft WRs in the past but it has not really worked out. Matt Jones and Reggie Williams have so far been busts. The Jags hope Bennet can turn things around for them.

23. New England (T/49ers)- Quentin Groves, DE/OL, Auburn
Groves is a great player who should fit the 3/4 well. He wont have to play right away with the Pats and should be able to learn the position.

24. Baltimore Ravens- Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia
Willis McGahee is solid but I think he can be upgraded, I think people tend to overrate him. Slaton is a steal here and I dont think the Ravens will pass on him.

25. Denver Broncos- Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina
DJ Williams is a better fit as an OLB in my opinion, and this pick allows him to move back to his natural position. Brinkley is a stud who should help the Broncos alot.

26. Houston Texans- Early Doucet, WR, LSU
The Texans are finally becoming a team that can win football games. They have Andre Johnson but after him their WR core takes a serious drop off. Doucet is extremely talented.

27. San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vanderbilt
The Chargers do not have alot of weaknesses on the team, but they could use some help in the middle. Goff is a great talent.

28. Seattle Seahawks- Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri
Amazingly talented and has great size. The Seahawks use the TE alot and Marcus Pollard is quite old. Rucker should be productive as a rookie.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers- Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
Harvey could go much higher and is probably BPA here. He can really help the Steelers as a OLB.

30. Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
Not a huge area of need but they could still use some help and need some depth.

31. San Fransico 49ers (T/IND)- Frank Okam, NT, Texas
Okam has the size to play a NT in a 3/4 but he may play end. Either way the 49ers could definately use him.

Round 2

1. Atlanta Falcons – Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
The Falcons picked Brian Brohm earlier and he already had chemisty with Douglas which will make the tranistion to pros easier.

2. Kansas City Chiefs – Dejuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
Very talented and underrated, the Chiefs CBs are old.

3. Miami Dolphins- Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
I gave them Kenny Phillips over Sam Baker earlier so its time for a OT now.

4. Minnesota Vikings- Jonathon Hefney, S, Tennessee
Darren Sharper is getting older and Im not a huge fan of their other guys. They may have recognizable names but they are not as good as some people think. If Hefney was 2 inches taller he may be a first rounder.

5. New York Jets – Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU
The Jets are a 3/4 team now but stil need some more players that fit it.

6. Oakland Raiders- Barry Richarson, OT, Clemson
Richardson is huge, and the Raides need Oline help.

7. Philadelphia Eagles- Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St
Dawkins cant play forever and they have a gap at the other saftey.

8. New York Giants- Phillip Wheller, OLB, Georgia Tech
They could use the depth and Mathias Kiwanuka can be moved back to DE.

9. New Orleans Saints – Mike Jenkins, CB, South Flordia
New Orleans CBs are getting bent over they need some help.

10. Buffalo Bills – Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
The Bills need a big WR and Bowman is talented and tall.

11. Dallas Cowboys (v/ CLE)- Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
Julius Jones will be gone after this season and Marion Barber III has never had to carry the load by himself. Hart should help Barber.

12. St. Louis Rams- Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech
Adibi has all the talent and the Rams need some defensive help.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
Falls to here, he should go higher, but the Bucs will take him.

14. Tennessee Titans- Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon State
The Titans could use the depth at OG, I have him as one of the top OGs.

15. Arizona Cardinals- Tony Hills, OT, Texas
The Cardinals could still use some help upfront.

16. Cincinnati Bengals- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
Steal this late should help with depth and talent on defense.

17. Carolina Panthers- Darien Williams, S, Oklahoma
Deke Cooper and Chris Harris can easily be upgraded.

18. Green Bay Packers- DJ Hall, WR, Alabama
Donald Driver is getting older and Hall has alot of talent.

19. Washington Redskins- Andre Fluellen, DT, Flordia State
Extremely strong player, Redskins need help at DT.

20. Chicago Bears- Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
The Bears Oline is very old, time for some youth.

21. Detroit Lions- Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St
The Lions lost Dre Bly last offseason and have noone to replace him.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars- Colt Brennen, QB, Hawaii
Garrard must have been OK if they are picking here but they pick Brennen anyways.

23. San Fransico 49ers- Bruce Davis, DE/OLB, UCLA
Davis is really talented but can pretty much only play 3/4 OLB, but thats perfect for the 49ers.

24. Baltimore Ravens- Vince Hall, MLB, Virginia Tech
Ray Lewis cant play forever, Hall has alot of talent.

25. Denver Broncos- Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
Solid player, may not be the best in coverage but Denver hopes they can work with him.

26. Atlanta Falcons (T/Hou)- Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
A big DT like the Falcons like. The other Falcons DTs are getting older.

27. San Diego Chargers- Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
Michal Turner is a FA and wont be back. LT is the best but everyone has to rest some times.

28. Seattle Seahawks- James Davis, RB, Clemson
Shaun Alexander is getting older, Mo Morris in my opinion can not carry the load. James Davis is extremely talented.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers- Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
Steelers have some solid CBs but need more talent.

30. Dallas Cowboys- Kennan Burton, WR, Kentucky
Dallas's Wrs are older are young talent is needed.

31. Indianapolis Colts - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
Colts could use some playmakers on D.

32. New England Patriots - John Sullivan, C, Norte Dame
Added depth on the Oline.

Sniper
09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
7. Philadelphia Eagles- Desean Jackson, WR, California
I know the Eagles think that their Wrs are fine, but they can be upgraded. Jackson is the top WR in the draft and he should add alot of talent to the Eagles.

Love DeSean. Other possibilities include Rivers, Campbell, Connor or any top CB.

7. Philadelphia Eagles- Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St
Dawkins cant play forever and they have a gap at the other saftey.

Lukewarm on this one. He's good, but Considine is more suited for the FS position, where Dawk plays. If DJax is our first pick, Wheeler would be great, as would Xavier Adibi, or Vince Hall.

Comments in there. Good job though.

NIN1984
09-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Great pick for the Raiders, Sapp is 34 could be done soon. Raiders definitely need help on the D-line

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Love Harvey,

Don't need a day 1 CB.. OT, ILB, and OG are more important.

In round 2 give us Jeff Otah, OT from Pittsburgh

NIMV
09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
My complains about this mock draft are:

*"Cowboys" 2nd round pick because it suppose to be for Browns.
*If James Davis declares to draft he must be on 2nd round's top.
*Chargers 2nd pick don't seem like huge need. They have Darren Sproles and he seems like good backup for me. But their safeties are below average 'cause Randy Moss burned 'em last game.

Man_Of_Steel
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I would die a happy man if we got Harvey.

neko4
09-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Great packers 1st round pick, but 2nd doesnt fill a need.
Greg Jennings was 2nd in receiving yards last year for rookies(I believe, 600 is good for rookie including the fact that he had injuries), and we just drafted james jones in the 3rd. Better picks would be TE and maybe RB

KILLERSANTA
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I didn't look at any other cowboys picks other than the first one. I had to stop, How many times must I said it "Jerry Jones doesn't draft OLinemen in the first".

He has won 3 Superbowls, none of which he drafted a OL in the first.......

TimD
09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
u really think the jets are going to finish in the worst 5? after playing 2 great teams its not surprising they are 0-2

HoopsDemon12
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
u really think the jets are going to finish in the worst 5? after playing 2 great teams its not surprising they are 0-2

I would even say switch around the bills and jets... we wont be picking ten.. and if we do i will be seriously surprised. LOVE the pick though

TimD
09-21-2007, 06:33 PM
i mean the order of the teams is bad but all the picks seem to be good... i think you looked at week 1 and 2 way too much for the order. Texans at 26? Lions at 21? Jets at 5?

zCaddyz
09-21-2007, 07:03 PM
dont like sweed for the bucs cuz we got clayton, but i love our next pick

etk
09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Good idea with the first Bucs pick. WR will definitely be a need going into the offseason, but Sweed is not the right selection. We have Clayton, Stovall & Hilliard whom are all possession receivers. We need a replacement for Galloway as a deep threat.

No complaints about the 2nd pick. Jackson would be a solid LDE and the value there is tremendous.

Yung Flippa
09-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Ravens would probably pick up Terrell Thomas.

Crickett
09-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I didn't look at any other cowboys picks other than the first one. I had to stop, How many times must I said it "Jerry Jones doesn't draft OLinemen in the first".

He has won 3 Superbowls, none of which he drafted a OL in the first.......

Bill Belicheck won 3 Superbowls too, none of which he drafted a OL in the first.......

and then he did.

Caddy
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Good idea with the first Bucs pick. WR will definitely be a need going into the offseason, but Sweed is not the right selection. We have Clayton, Stovall & Hilliard whom are all possession receivers. We need a replacement for Galloway as a deep threat.

No complaints about the 2nd pick. Jackson would be a solid LDE and the value there is tremendous.

Exactly. The Buccaneers need a burner to replace Joey Galloway and there is no way that Limas Sweed could ever be that guy.

I'm fine with the Jackson pick too as his value in the 2nd round is great.

KILLERSANTA
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Bill Belicheck won 3 Superbowls too, none of which he drafted a OL in the first.......

and then he did.

WTF does Belicheck has to do with Jerry Jones?

Crickett
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM
WTF does Belicheck has to do with Jerry Jones?

"They never drafted that position before." Its the same argument Patriots fans made about offensive linemen. Right before they drafted Logan Mankins.

etk
09-21-2007, 09:47 PM
"They never drafted that position before." Its the same argument Patriots fans made about offensive linemen. Right before they drafted Logan Mankins.

Exactly. Talent is talent, you can't discriminate on a player or position by holding onto the past. The Cowboys will draft the player at the top of their board, regardless of position or stat facts.

TitanHope
09-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Round 1:
14. Tennessee Titans- James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio St
They have Keith Bullock and David Thorton on the outside but could use some help in the middle. The three of them should make a great LB core. I wanted to give the Titans a WR but they have so many young mediocre WRs, I think 1 or 2 could step up this year.

Round 2:
14. Tennessee Titans- Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon State
The Titans could use the depth at OG, I have him as one of the top OGs.

Laurinaitis is a bad pick. Not because of the player or of the need, but because of how high we'd be picking a MLB. In the Titans' defense, the nickel cornerback sees more playing time than the MLB. So investing such a high pick in a player that won't see the field much is foolish. Not to mention, the Titans have bigger needs than MLB. Also, our once young WR's will be in their mid-twenties and not a one of them has proven that they can be productive consistently.

As for Schuening, I don't really understant. Our OG's are Jacob Bell and Benji Olsen, both of whom are good guards. Bell is young and is proving himself and Olsen is showing no signs of slowing down. Now, we may assess OL depth in later rounds, but we're not picking an offensive lineman in the second unless he's the near immediate future at one of the positions. And, OL depth is overrated, in my opinion, since they don't switch out or rotate. And we already have guys on the roster who can step in if there's an injury to any position. Besides, there are guys left on the board who are of actual need and will add immediate impact.

pickles
09-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Round 1

31. San Fransico 49ers (T/IND)- Frank Okam, NT, Texas
Okam has the size to play a NT in a 3/4 but he may play end. Either way the 49ers could definately use him.

Round 2

23. San Fransico 49ers- Bruce Davis, DE/OLB, UCLA
Davis is really talented but can pretty much only play 3/4 OLB, but thats perfect for the 49ers.

This would be an Ideal draft for the 49ers IMO.

thule
09-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Dallas does not have CLE's second round pick fyi.

Also your second round needs to have the cowboys picking instead of the colts...can't have two AFC teams in the superbowl.

As far as Dallas picks they make sense from your perspective....OT isn't a need imo...Doug Free would have went earlier if not for being injured senior year...at one point he was a huge favorite going into last season to go in the first round. He looked great in TC and preseason..no reason to think he wouldn't be able to handle the task. Hard to believe a team would draft a replacement when the talent is there to dominate and it has translated on the field.

Canadian_draft_fan
09-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Quite frankly the best mock I've seen so far. You seem to have addressed all team needs.

As a Skins fan, getting Long would be a dream come true. The 2nd round pick is good too. I would also consider a WR, OG or CB (depending on Springs status next season) in round 2.

21ST
09-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Give the redskins Earl Bennett and its great

Go_Eagles77
09-22-2007, 09:25 AM
If the eagles really do end up picking that high I would love that pick. Gives us a top-shelf wide receiver and returner. Like the 2nd rounder too.

mqtirishfan
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Love the picks, but I'd just like it to be known that:

"Campbell is a monster, he has amazing size and skills. Leonard Little is getting older and James Hall has been old for awhile."

James Hall is 30. Leonard Little is 33. James Hall is not that old, and certainly hasn't been old for a while. He is pretty useless, though.

princefielder28
09-22-2007, 10:03 AM
clapping for the Packers pick

23trufant
09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Love the picks, but I'd just like it to be known that:

"Campbell is a monster, he has amazing size and skills. Leonard Little is getting older and James Hall has been old for awhile."

James Hall is 30. Leonard Little is 33. James Hall is not that old, and certainly hasn't been old for a while. He is pretty useless, though.

Good pickup, I thought Hall was much older than that. My Fault.

scar988
09-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Atlanta does not need a ******* WR. our WR's are not the problem with the passing game. it's the QB and the OL. give us an OT there like Oher

BamaFalcon59
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
We need a OT bad but I can't complain about Douglas.

I would also like McFadden, but oh well.

Oaktown1981
09-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Dorsey is a great pick. Richardson doesn't fit the ZBS Adarius Bowman would be a better pick in the 2nd round.

scar988
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
We need a OT bad but I can't complain about Douglas.

I would also like McFadden, but oh well.
dude, WE DONT NEED A DAMN WR! it's not hard to grasp. Roddy is looking like a true #1... and Jenkins is looking like a solid possession guy to complement him.

KCJ58
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Good Rams Pick ethier him or a Corner

aheineken
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I love the Campbell pick for the Rams. He would be a great addition to the D-line.

However, I'm not too big on the Adibi pick. I like him as a player, but just not for the Rams. They're overloaded with undersized LBs. I'd prefer and interior lineman, safety, or a bigger LB.

JETS5128
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Not a fan of the order, but that would be an ideal jets draft

Sniper
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
dude, WE DONT NEED A DAMN WR! it's not hard to grasp. Roddy is looking like a true #1... and Jenkins is looking like a solid possession guy to complement him.

Right, 3 games erase a couple seasons of suckiness right? :rolleyes:

23trufant
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Right, 3 games erase a couple seasons of suckiness right? :rolleyes:

Plus they have a case of the drops and Michael Jenkins contract has to be almost out soon.

scar988
09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Plus they have a case of the drops and Michael Jenkins contract has to be almost out soon.

wrong. Jenkins contract runs out after 2008... even still fi you have watched Roddy or jenks at all the last 2 games, you would understand they will be re-signed... and they are doign a great job this year... maybe they just needed the mentor, and the coach liek I said they did. not to mention we have LAurent Robinson and Joe Horn under contract for the nex =t 2 year at least as well. WE DONT NEED A WR AT ALL.

also, only 2 passes have been dropped htis year

Finsfan79
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
3. Miami Dolphins- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
The Miami secondary is terrible and Kenny Phillips is far and away the best saftey in the draft. Phillips will bring instant respect into the Dolphins secondary. I almost went with Sam Baker here Dolphins fans tell me what you think...besides you hate where they are picking.

McFadden please

You don’t pass up the best talent in the draft for a secondary player even as good as Phillips is in the secondary.

3. Miami Dolphins- Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
I gave them Kenny Phillips over Sam Baker earlier so its time for a OT now.

I like Richardson personally over Cherilus but up to you which you feel is better