PDA

View Full Version : Next Reggie Bush... But better

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 10:12 PM
LeSean "Shady" McCoy.

Plays at Pittsburgh University.

He's 5'11 205lbs and 4.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejI-gUG_rhA

He runs with more power and more urgency between the tackles than Bush. Has a better stiff arm. and he has 2 more years.

Not to mention the strength and conditioning coach at Pittsburgh is pretty awesome.

Vikes99ej
09-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw him against MSU. Kid made some great plays.

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I saw him against MSU. Kid made some great plays.

I think he will continue to develop. He's 19, smart as hell. He's got a great attitude and he's only getting better. He's very raw.

toonsterwu
09-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I wasn't a huge "Reggie Bush is going to be a HOF off the bat" guy. That said, I don't see McCoy on Bush's ability level. McCoy's good, and he's got promise, perhaps good next level promise. A bit early to tell. That said, I've heard some people place him at a 4.5-4.55 40. I've even heard higher numbers. Granted, I've heard lower numbers as well. But the general consensus I've heard, at best, puts him in the mid-4.4 to 4.5 range. Hard to put him in the same category ... of course ... these numbers could be off, and McCoy could develop. But the big thing is, I don't think he has that explosive agility that Reggie had. I could be wrong though, as I fully admit that I'm not so in tune as much anymore.

Mr. Stiller
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I wasn't a huge "Reggie Bush is going to be a HOF off the bat" guy. That said, I don't see McCoy on Bush's ability level. McCoy's good, and he's got promise, perhaps good next level promise. A bit early to tell. That said, I've heard some people place him at a 4.5-4.55 40. I've even heard higher numbers. Granted, I've heard lower numbers as well. But the general consensus I've heard, at best, puts him in the mid-4.4 to 4.5 range. Hard to put him in the same category ... of course ... these numbers could be off, and McCoy could develop. But the big thing is, I don't think he has that explosive agility that Reggie had. I could be wrong though, as I fully admit that I'm not so in tune as much anymore.

It's cool Toonster. I'll trade Reggie's explosive agility, for the fact he doesn't do too much dancing and isn't afraid to just run up the middle.

That said, He has 2-3 more years of developing he could get there.

09-21-2007, 11:03 PM
na ill take another reggie bush clone (jahvid best) over this guy and hes a true freshman

Green Bay Scat
09-22-2007, 03:24 AM
so whats his name, LenDale Bush(White/Bush Splice)?

Staubach12
09-22-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't see Reggie Bush. I don't see the burst or speed that Bush has. He reminds me more of maybe Julius Jones. It's hard to give a pro comparison this early in a players development. That being said, he has potential to e a good prospect.

underscore
09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I'd hardly call Shady "Smart as hell" for all the problems he had qualifying for college.

The guy has an awful ego attitude, but, no doubting he's an immense talent.

Jonny
09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
He's not Reggie Bush, still probably the best freshman RB out there (who's gotten significant PT).

draftguru151
09-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Graig Cooper>LeSean McCoy.

BuddyCHRIST
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
littttle early, Bush was one of the best college rb's of all time so even mentioning them in the same sentence is off base. Not to mention saying he'll be better.

Mr. Stiller
09-22-2007, 11:40 AM
littttle early, Bush was one of the best college rb's of all time so even mentioning them in the same sentence is off base. Not to mention saying he'll be better.

Yep, but it got some serious attention didn't it.

Addict
09-22-2007, 11:41 AM

I agree, at this moment that kid (and any freshman for that matter) can only dream to be the prospect bush was.

hahaha you and your new man-crush... 8)

Man_Of_Steel
09-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Keeping in mind that was one game its impressive. However I dont see him as a Reggie Bush at all, even if McCoy is wearing the towel.

DukeDaGod
09-22-2007, 02:19 PM
This kid was one of my favorite players when he came out of high school. I don't know if smart is the best way to desribe him considering he struggled getting grades and thats why he ended up at Pitt after first committing to Miami. He spent a year in prep school at some military academy. He's really tearin it up now and it's exciting to watch. I love great prospects that come out of lower tier programs.

WMD
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Next Reggie Bush = Sam McGuffie!

KCJ58
09-22-2007, 02:31 PM

Cooper is a beast

Hines
09-22-2007, 02:34 PM

ya if i had to compare the two i think cooper is way better and has way more potential then mccoy

Finsfan79
09-24-2007, 02:22 PM

agreed

Da U

CARDIAC CAT 7
09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Noel Devine> Greg Cooper > LeSean McCoy. Their we go now its good. Hes got skill but lets see him make those runs next year with Jeff Otah and Mike McGlynn gone. Two of the best O-Lineman in the NCAA, honestly I was more impressed with Otah, man he is awful nimble for 340 lbs., WOW he looks like a 1st Round Pick. That looked like a highlight tape for him.

Sniper
09-25-2007, 05:31 AM
smart as hell.

Obviously not in the classroom.

RyanLeaf#1
09-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Why did he only have 11 carries against Connecticut?

Iamcanadian
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM

I tend to agree. We'll see at the combine in the future how fast he is as rumors about speed rarely turnout to be true. I also agree that I don't see the explosiveness just yet. He could develope but he's not there yet.

marks01234
09-27-2007, 11:22 AM
He's a player but remember he prepped a year prior to coming to Pitt - so he has a year on the other freshman backs.

phunnypharm
09-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Noel Devine> Greg Cooper > LeSean McCoy. Their we go now its good. Hes got skill but lets see him make those runs next year with Jeff Otah and Mike McGlynn gone. Two of the best O-Lineman in the NCAA, honestly I was more impressed with Otah, man he is awful nimble for 340 lbs., WOW he looks like a 1st Round Pick. That looked like a highlight tape for him.

I couldn't agree more about Otah!!!

I had never heard of him before the game.......so I wasn't focusing on him.......but I think Stevie Wonder would have noticed how great he moves for a BIG man.

AND......

I'll also agree that Noel Devine has huge potential.

I've said this before.......but as a long-time Barry Sanders fan.........Devine is the FIRST guy I have ever seen make a move that compared to what Barry could do.

reigle9
09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
McCoy will be a first rounder assuming he keeps his nose clean and stays healthy.

It not even close to being fair to compare Cooper and McCoy. McCoy still plays for a high school team and while DuhU isn't what they once were, they're about 10 levels ahead of Pitt. The Miami fans like to say that Cooper started over McCoy but they don't know/care about the whole story.

Number 10
09-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I think he is a better RB than Bush was his freshman year but Bush brought more explosion and more versatility to the table.

Saints-Tigers
10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
The only RB that is as talented as Bush running and receiving the ball is Joe McKnight.....