PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber

TimD
09-22-2007, 10:56 AM
What is Tiki's deal? He is being a bitter ex-player and ripping up his former teammates. He may have not liked Coughlin, but he did better while Tom was in NY.

Avg Season Before Tom:
1118.5 yards 6.25 TDs 8.75 fumbles 588.5 rec yards .5 rec TDs
Avg Season With Tom:
1680 yards 9 TDs 3 fumbles 524.3 rec yards 1.6 rec TDs

Tiki was a solid back without Coughlin and with him he became an elite back so enough of Tiki ripping up Coughlin saying he made him retire...

Now the reason i posted this was because of this recent article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/09/22/2007-09-22_tiki_barber_shannon_sharpe_rip_pierces_b.html

Pierce became the latest target of the ex-running back-turned-media star when Barber took shots at the Giants' linebacker for his odd behavior toward the media this week following the Giants' 35-13 loss to the Packers on Sunday. At first, Pierce refused to speak to the press for four days, a partial violation of the NFL's new media policy.

Yesterday Pierce was able to laugh about Horngate, but only until a reporter read him a transcript of the criticisms he received from Barber and Sharpe. While the reading went on, Pierce just sat on the stool in front of his locker, staring straight ahead and smiling.

i guess Tiki doesn't understand why someone might not want to talk to the media and create a distraction

skinzzfan25
09-22-2007, 11:27 AM
But Pierce was using an air horn to blast over media asking legit questions about the defense.

No room for Tiki to talk, but Pierce was still childish about the situation.

21ST
09-22-2007, 11:29 AM
But Pierce was using an air horn to blast over media asking legit questions about the defense.

No room for Tiki to talk, but Pierce was still childish about the situation.

pretty much

toonsterwu
09-22-2007, 11:30 AM
As a Wahoo fan ... I'm glad to see Tiki Barber doing well. I'm glad he's trying to hold firm to this idea of being "fair". That said, I think he's overdone it with his criticism of the Giants. My guess is that part of it is venting about some perceived issues when he was there, but I do believe that part of it is him trying to prove to everyone how "fair" he is.

Addict
09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
As a Wahoo fan ... I'm glad to see Tiki Barber doing well. I'm glad he's trying to hold firm to this idea of being "fair". That said, I think he's overdone it with his criticism of the Giants. My guess is that part of it is venting about some perceived issues when he was there, but I do believe that part of it is him trying to prove to everyone how "fair" he is.

he's overdoing it, right now he's just convincing anyone that he's a bitter teammate who enjoys taking cheap shots at his former team.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
as my GFs dad would say "Put a bullet in him!"

i can't stand Tiki Barber, he's at the level of TO of past seasons for me. It's non of his damn business what Pierce does, because, omg, believe it or not, he's not on the damn team anymore. He decided he'd take the high road and use words to badmouth and make fun of people by being a 'high-up media guy". He could have easily been a Bettis type guy, but has chosen to be that guy that everyone hates because he can't keep him mouth shut. Get over it Tiki, u left!!!

i'm not a fan of the Giants, but i'm just waiting for some Giant or Giant fan somewhere to just explode on this loser. This set of comments is obviously the lesser of the 3 players/coaches he's gone after, and actually from what i can tell is the least hypicritical one, but non the less very annoying

am i to harsh on him? Maybe, but at this point after everything he's done he deserves it

nfrillman
09-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I agree that Tiki is quickly wearing out his welcome. He is also has terrible chemistry with the other people on Tootball Night In America, seems like he trys to talk above everyone (like trying to look smarter than everyone), and he is a terrible analyst. The world needs more Jaws, Michael Smiths, and John Claytons.

LonghornsLegend
09-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I agree that Tiki is quickly wearing out his welcome. He is also has terrible chemistry with the other people on Tootball Night In America, seems like he trys to talk above everyone (like trying to look smarter than everyone), and he is a terrible analyst. The world needs more Jaws, Michael Smiths, and John Claytons.

Michael Smith is awesome, I love hearing what he has to say and he's pretty credible

benchod
09-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Exactly what is wrong with what Tiki said in this situation though?

NFL rules state you have to talk to the media. Pierce didn't talk to them for 4 days and then when he starts to talk, he uses an airhorn. C'mon, the guy's supposed to be an adult and he does something this childish and you admonish the man calling him out for childish behavior?

I don't condone some of the other things he said, but I feel he is completely justified in this situation and there shouldn't be any ramifications on his part.

bearfan
09-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, you look at it like that, but the Eli stuff was pretty legit. You can also view it as a "hey, yes I am saying this, prove me wrong", look at how Eli has done this season. I am not crediting Tiki for Eli's good play, but I do think that it could be a factor, kinda Eli saying "You said this to the world, now I am going to prove you wrong"

BlindSite
09-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Tiki has always been an asshole, or do people forget how badly he ripped Strahan when he wanted a new contract in 02/03 just a year after signing his own big deal he was ripping strahan for being greedy etc.