PDA

View Full Version : Which incoming freshman QB will have the best college career

volman88
01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Mallet

DoWnThEfiElD
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
no will korn, or tyrod taylor?

volman88
01-25-2007, 11:22 PM
This is the top of the elite 11 with exception of Simms

goblue093
01-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Mallett, but put Cam Newton on over Brantley, as how Newton will play before brantley at Florida

elway777
01-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Aaron Corp > lil Sims

RWFender1
01-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Aaron Corp > all the choices

this list isnt complete without him and Tyrod

Finsfan79
01-26-2007, 07:15 AM
why isnt Marve on the list?

Michigan
01-26-2007, 08:33 AM
6'7 250 86-yard deep ball 8)

FloridaFootball
01-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Mallett.

Although, I look forward to Tim Tebow and John Brantly at QB in Florida.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
This is the top of the elite 11 with exception of Simms

How is Tyrod Taylor not in the elite 11, Peter Lalich is not that good. Jameel Sewell the next Vince Young is only a sophmore and will be starting the rest of his career so basically Lalich has 1 year his senior year to play unless he redshirts.

goblue093
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Beacuase he's not a top 10 QB this year, even top 15 is pushing it.

Xiomera
01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Ryan Mallett

Considering Michigan QB's always have great careers, and Mallett is set to take over as a Sophomore (or redshirt freshman depending), he will have every opportunity to succeed big time.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Aaron Corp > lil Sims

Aaron Corp > all the choices

Homers :wink:

JPLUFF
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
A homer pick here...

Keith Nichol will be solid at Oklahoma. That and he's from Michigan.

KCJ58
01-26-2007, 05:44 PM
CORP i agree

Finsfan79
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM

disagree he played against better competition in florida then some of the other QBs. I think he will be a good QB. I would of put mallet ahead of him of course bt for most of the others he would at least be in the talk.

moc182
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
College: Brantley
Pro Potential: Mallett

goblue093
01-27-2007, 12:12 AM

disagree he played against better competition in florida then some of the other QBs. I think he will be a good QB. I would of put mallet ahead of him of course bt for most of the others he would at least be in the talk.
Doubt it.

Mallett, Clausen, Newton, Taylor, Bostick, Corp, Korn, Brantley, Paulus, Garcia would be my top 10 (in no particular order)

Ware_HITStick
01-27-2007, 10:51 AM
None of those, it'll be Stephen Garcia, USC

volman88
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Just to specify, these are the pro style qbs

DoWnThEfiElD
01-27-2007, 11:45 AM
alright who voted Matt Sims... ha

PackerFan20
01-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I picked Clausen, but the reason I that Brantley went to Florida is probably because if he gets redshirted and Tebow leaves early he still gets three years and that is a very likely situation.

volman88
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Do really think that Tebow will leave early?

So far he has been a running qb. I think that he will stay all 4 years.

moc182
01-27-2007, 01:49 PM

There is an infinitely higher chance of Tebow leaving early than Colt McCoy leaving early.

PackerFan20
01-27-2007, 02:50 PM

And he'll more than likely be the starter next year and the year after so hes got plenty of time to become a great QB.

WildDude
01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Mallett by far but ya cant sleep on John Brantley even tho he commited to Florida he'll be on the field as a punter and will be used in fakes and so on and im loving aaron corps potential and hes playin for USC a team that produces QBs in the NFL easily and he will get more years than John David Booty and Mark Sanchez cause USC didnt get a recruit last year at QB aside from Garett Green who dosent count

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-27-2007, 05:12 PM
College: Brantley
Pro Potential: Mallett

John Brantley won't see the field much I don't think. They have 5* Cameron Newton, Tim Tebow, and him. Stupid to switch his decision, see what happened to Xavier Lee(although I liked him to change) he's behind a white guy who can't throw 10 yards, Ryan Perriloux(3rd stringer), and a few others, but those were a few notable ones in the past few years.

elway777
01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIv9qY8dDFM

Aaron Corp

-reminds me of Hawaii QB Colt Brennan

Bucky
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Why isn't Ross Wilson on the list? After watching him on two-a-days there is no doubt in my mind he will be successful :wink:

roidrunner
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
alright who voted Matt Sims... ha

i am a louisville fan, and i didnt even vote for simms. he will be good. and our new coach will make him really good. but he just does not have the tools to become and NFLer. Clausen is where i voted.

Zyro_1014
02-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Mallett for sure......screw clausen that guy is a prick.

RyanLeaf#1
02-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Jimmy Clausen no doubt

Lets Go IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fenikz
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Marve

goblue8888
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Mallett will have great college career and the scary thing is that he is an even better pro prospect.

dware_94
03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
According to the media: Clausen

In reality: Mallett

Man_Of_Steel
03-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Ryan Mallett

Considering Michigan QB's always have great careers, and Mallett is set to take over as a Sophomore (or redshirt freshman depending), he will have every opportunity to succeed big time.

Yea, Mallet can be big time.

skinzzfan25
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=2302675

Joe Haden is a freaking monster. Seen him play live, he will be nice in Florida when its his turn.

He's listed at WR but played QB,WR, and CB because hes just that damn fast.

Chucky
03-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Jimmy CLausen, considering he gets to work with CHarlie Weiss

jbombul
03-29-2007, 12:16 AM
keith nichol is a beast i live like 10 minutes away from where he grew up at the kid is the real deal

Woody56
03-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Peter Lalich

DHVF
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Because I'm a homer, I'll toss out the name Clint Brewster, as he'll have a good chance at the starting job as a freshman, will be working under a spread offense directed by his father and he actually has a very good skillset to work with. He'll also have some pretty viable options as well, with Jack Simmons and Ernie Wheelwright to go along with RB Jay Thomas.

ironman4579
03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Mallett....

Jughead10
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Jimmy CLausen, considering he gets to work with CHarlie Weiss

Bingo. Weis is the one advtange Clausen has over everyone else.

constant cough
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Mallett. Kid will have a bigger arm than Russell before he's done.

Tigers60
03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Mallett is not that good he is a okay quarterback but the only reason he started is because he is 6'6. He cost Texas High state two years in a row I won't count one year becasue he was thrown into the fire. He is not even happy at Michigan right now so I am not sure whats going to happen with him.

fenikz
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Mallet & Marve

DHVF
03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Mallett. Kid will have a bigger arm than Russell before he's done.
Haha, homer much?

volman88
03-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Mallett is not that good he is a okay quarterback but the only reason he started is because he is 6'6. He cost Texas High state two years in a row I won't count one year becasue he was thrown into the fire. He is not even happy at Michigan right now so I am not sure whats going to happen with him.

Is he like "transfering" unhappy, or what?
How do you know?

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 01:37 AM
Is he like "transfering" unhappy, or what?
How do you know?

I went to Texas High and played football with him right now I think he is just really home sick.

volman88
03-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Well I think he has the perfect situation there

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeah I do to he is a good quarterback but he is not great I hope I get to sack him one of these days.

snuff
03-31-2007, 02:14 AM
How do you know he is home sick? You are obviously not good friends with him because if you were you would be sucking his dick most likely and proclaiming him the greatest thing ever. I doubt you have any idea what your talking about.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 10:27 AM
How do you know he is home sick? You are obviously not good friends with him because if you were you would be sucking his dick most likely and proclaiming him the greatest thing ever. I doubt you have any idea what your talking about.

Well see first what I do is get my cell phone out and call him then we talk and tell each other stuff thats how I know he is home sick. Second just because were friends does not mean I would be his biggest fan the guy coast me two state rings. So think twice before you post because I doubt you have any idea.

HuskerNation
03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Well see first what I do is get my cell phone out and call him then we talk and tell each other stuff thats how I know he is home sick. Second just because were friends does not mean I would be his biggest fan the guy coast me two state rings. So think twice before you post because I doubt you have any idea.

If he's really your friend you wouldn't blame him for losses in a team game like football. You probably F'ed up more times than he ever thought about, and no you'll never get to sack him cause you're probably the 4th string LB that weighs 150 pounds, and never plays. How's that sound?

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
If he's really your friend you wouldn't blame him for losses in a team game like football. You probably F'ed up more times than he ever thought about, and no you'll never get to sack him cause you're probably the 4th string LB that weighs 150 pounds, and never plays. How's that sound?

*Yawn* Yeah you don't blame the one guy in a loss but when you throw a critical interception two years in a row you get the blame from me. I never told him to his face that he is the reason why we lost because he blames himself so why kick a guy when he is down thats not being a friend. Now about me you really have no idea what your talking about. I am not going to take shots at a guy on the internet thats just dumb.

elway777
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Ryan Mallet?pssshhh I know Mark Sanchez. :)

snuff
03-31-2007, 02:16 PM
*Yawn* Yeah you don't blame the one guy in a loss but when you throw a critical interception two years in a row you get the blame from me. I never told him to his face that he is the reason why we lost because he blames himself so why kick a guy when he is down thats not being a friend. Now about me you really have no idea what your talking about. I am not going to take shots at a guy on the internet thats just dumb.
Yep, hes not that good.. .He probably only carried your team(assuming you even play on the team) to the playoffs. I mean he was only voted the best player in the best football state in America...

Just wondering, but is Texas High 5/4/3/2 or what? I can't find them in the playoffs. Or are they not UIL?

DoWnThEfiElD
03-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow Tigers that may be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You don't go that far in the playoffs without him period. Sorry he couldn't carry you all the way to the ring. I mean you sound really tough saying all this on an online forum, so im sure you were just aas important as Mallett to the team, so maybe you should have made another play...

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Yep, hes not that good.. .He probably only carried your team(assuming you even play on the team) to the playoffs. I mean he was only voted the best player in the best football state in America...

Just wondering, but is Texas High 5/4/3/2 or what? I can't find them in the playoffs. Or are they not UIL?

Yeah he carried us to the playoffs yeah right.:rolleyes:

We are 4A.

Wow Tigers that may be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You don't go that far in the playoffs without him period. Sorry he couldn't carry you all the way to the ring. I mean you sound really tough saying all this on an online forum, so im sure you were just aas important as Mallett to the team, so maybe you should have made another play...

Yeah right thats why we won the State title in 2004 with out him on the team then we have made the playoffs every year since. We are known for our fast defense and good run/pass game. He the only reason I blame Mallett is because he throws INT to end the ball game twice in a year.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I am not saying Mallett is a bad quarterback he is not he is quite good but he is not some great quarterback he has many flaws.

snuff
03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
You guys were 2 wins away from a ring and he cost you the state championship? Interesting... Not to mention the team you couldn't beat got beat by 12 in the finals..

in 05-06 you didn't even make it out of the first round.

in 04-05 you didn't win the state championship... You were two games away. Ennis won it.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
You guys were 2 wins away from a ring and he cost you the state championship? Interesting... Not to mention the team you couldn't beat got beat by 12 in the finals..

in 05-06 you didn't even make it out of the first round.

in 04-05 you didn't win the state championship... You were two games away. Ennis won it.

I was not apart of the team this year I was already gone I graduated in 2006. My bad we won state in 02-03 year it was my freshmen year we won state got my years mixed up. My soph year Mallett was thrown in the fire when Chris Marshall was thrown out of school. My Junior year we lost to Ennnis my senior year we lost to Highland park and Stafford.

ironman4579
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM
So then how did he cost you the state finals when you weren't even in the finals?

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 05:26 PM
So then how did he cost you the state finals when you weren't even in the finals?

It was not soley his fault the reason why I say he cost us state was because on the last drive to win the games he threw interceptions. Each team we lost to went on to win the state championship.

ironman4579
03-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Well according to snuff, the team that beat you got beat by 12 in the state finals. And if you were behind in those games, then I find it hard to believe that you definately would have won state. And it looks like in '04 you guys lost to Ennis 34-10. Wow, close one. And you played defense? And was that a 26-14 score you lost by in '05? Again, not really close, and not great defense. I could be wrong though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong scores. If so, please enlighten me as to the error of my ways.

snuff
03-31-2007, 06:31 PM
So your telling me you call up a kid a year under you to talk and he tells you that hes homesick and all about his personal feelings? Why do I not believe you and Mallett are that good friends.

Here are all the Texas playoff games since like 02 if anyone cares.
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/index.html

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Well according to snuff, the team that beat you got beat by 12 in the state finals. And if you were behind in those games, then I find it hard to believe that you definately would have won state. And it looks like in '04 you guys lost to Ennis 34-10. Wow, close one. And you played defense? And was that a 26-14 score you lost by in '05? Again, not really close, and not great defense. I could be wrong though, maybe I'm looking at the wrong scores. If so, please enlighten me as to the error of my ways.

I was not apart of the team that lost to corpas cove however I was apart of the team that lost to Highland park 38-31 which Highland park went on to win state. I was apart of the team that lost to Ennis 34-10 which was a horrible game all around but again Ennis went on to win state. I also was apart of the team that lost to Norty Crowley 17-13 they went onto win state the next game.

So your telling me you call up a kid a year under you to talk and he tells you that hes homesick and all about his personal feelings? Why do I not believe you and Mallett are that good friends.

We are friends we played three years of football togather if thats hard to beleive I really could care less. All I said was he cost T-High state twice not all his fault but when you throw a interception to end the game you get the blame.

HuskerNation
03-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I was not apart of the team that lost to corpas cove however I was apart of the team that lost to Highland park 38-31 which Highland park went on to win state. I was apart of the team that lost to Ennis 34-10 which was a horrible game all around but again Ennis went on to win state. I also was apart of the team that lost to Norty Crowley 17-13 they went onto win state the next game.

We are friends we played three years of football togather if thats hard to beleive I really could care less. All I said was he cost T-High state twice not all his fault but when you throw a interception to end the game you get the blame.

This is what you don't get son. There are numerous plays that lead up to that last play of the game. Anyone of which you could have made a play to help solidify the victory. It's a team game dude, just cause the game ends with one player making the last mistake doesn't mean you forget the other hundreds of mistakes that other players made throughout the game. You have no ***** clue about football or being a good teammate.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 07:25 PM
This is what you don't get son. There are numerous plays that lead up to that last play of the game. Anyone of which you could have made a play to help solidify the victory. It's a team game dude, just cause the game ends with one player making the last mistake doesn't mean you forget the other hundreds of mistakes that other players made throughout the game. You have no ***** clue about football or being a good teammate.

This is funny trying reading what someone post before making a comment I stated it was NOT ALL ON HIM but because, he threw the game ending interception on the drive to try and win the game it he gets the blame.

Yeah I have no clue about football or being a good teammate right and have you ever meet me. Oh thats right you aint so get over it if your not from T-High and played football there you just really don't get where I am comming from. So I am ending this right here there just really is not point I made one comment and I did not know there was a world full of Mallett lovers.

snuff
03-31-2007, 10:33 PM
I just think its bs that you claim hes homesick when it is very very unlikely that you are good friends... I mean there are kids I played soccer with for like 8 years and I don't call them up and ask them how their feelings are. I don't even talk to most of them anymore.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I just think its bs that you claim hes homesick when it is very very unlikely that you are good friends... I mean there are kids I played soccer with for like 8 years and I don't call them up and ask them how their feelings are. I don't even talk to most of them anymore.

Okay believe what you want I can't make you believe that he is my friend and we talk.

volman88
04-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Whats with everyone being an asshole to this guy? He could be full of it, but the guy probably is homesick. So I dont get what the big deal is.

nextyear5
04-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Clint Brewster? Lol, just kiddin, it'll be Clausen with Charlie Weis at the helm.

TheMikey10
04-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Willy Korn, Tyrod Taylor, or Ryan Mallett, although corp likely will win the most games at SC with mcknight and taylor

Geomar
04-12-2007, 10:35 PM
demarcus vandyke comitted to UM he is the next devin hester he is freakin fast
and he was interviewed at the U's campus they asked him how good are you he said im the next Devin Hester
he runs the 40 in like 4.2 seconds

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
demarcus vandyke comitted to UM he is the next devin hester he is freakin fast
and he was interviewed at the U's campus they asked him how good are you he said im the next Devin Hester
he runs the 40 in like 4.2 seconds

Is this guy playing freaking QB??????

Brent
04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Ryan Mallett... "sleeper": Brock Mansion

JClausen7
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
1. J CLAUSEN
2.R Mallett

mad36092
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Ryan Mallet, U of M, for sure.