PDA

View Full Version : Which QB will be the best Pro?

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Which of these Senior QB's will make the best NFL player?

Discuss the QB position, as it is a very, very strong class this year.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I think who will be the best pro depends alot on what team the person goes to. I didn't like Leinart that much as a prospect, but I think he will have a very nice career because of the situation he is in, in Arizona.

That being said, Andre Woodson.

HoopsDemon12
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I LOVE Andre Woodson as a player and think he is gonan have a fantastic career.... but i have a feeling that Ryan will be good... I liked him last year.. He has the arm and the size pro scouts look for.. and now that he seems to have turned the corner as a decision maker... i think he will do great if he lands in the right situation

I think a team will get a steal in Morelli though.. he will fall due to a poor college career but i think he will make a great #2 QB until teh starter goes down then he will explode and become a great player

KILLERSANTA
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Kyle Wright is that a joke? I went with Brian Brohm

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 07:50 PM
And better yet, which QB would you take for your team, assuming you had the choice of all of them.

I like Matt Ryan a lot, but I think Brohm is gonna be a star (555 passing yards today, and they LOST!).

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 07:51 PM

I wanted 10 options.

This is definitely shaping up to be the year of the Quarterback though . . .

Are there any Juniors that might come out? They would have to be awfully cocky to even try it this year, would they not?

ripdw27
09-22-2007, 07:55 PM
honestly i dont watch a whole lot of college football BUT

brohm.

of course being from wisconsin, tyler donovan is up there haha ik he wont be the best pro though

KILLERSANTA
09-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I wanted 10 options.

This is definitely shaping up to be the year of the Quarterback though . . .

Are there any Juniors that might come out? They would have to be awfully cocky to even try it this year, would they not?

Pat White, but he may/should move to WR.......

And yes, no Juniors will becoming out, unless they are really really dumb. They will go Undrafted..........

P-L
09-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I like Andre Woodson the best. Great size, good mobility (for his size), big arm, accurate, battle tested, and a very good decision maker. In today's game he broke the NCAA record for most consecutive pass thrown without a INT. He has some mechanical issues, but those are fixable. He doesn't have the deep ball accuracy that Matt Ryan and Chad Henne have, but I think it's good enough.

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 07:58 PM
My personal ranking:

1. Matt Ryan (this is sort of based on potential, as he has yet to fully reach it)
2. Brian Brohm (safest pick, IMO)
3. Andre Woodson (highest upside perhaps)
4. Chad Henne (assuming he comes back strong after his injury)
5. Colt Brennan
6. John David Booty
7. Sam Keller
8. Erik Ainge
9. Kyle Wright
10. Anthony Morelli (looked bad today, REAL bad against U-M)

LionSmack
09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I voted Colt Brennan simply to give him some love and also because I see him kind of like Drew Brees in that he's attempted an unbelievable amount of passes in college and has all the experience in the world. His accuracy and TD-to-INT has always been good and in his senior season it's been awesome.

soybean
09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
i didn't like erik ainge coming into the season and i don't watch many tennessee games but after watching cal-tennessee, I think he'll be a very good qb. He's smart, accurate, and has all the necessary tools. Is he the best prospect? no. do all the best prospects become the best qbs? no.

Scotty D
09-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm going back and forth between Matt Ryan and Woodson. I've seen Woodson play more this year but I'm going to try and see more of Ryan. Brennan is a big wildcard for me definitely an intriguing prospect.

fenikz
09-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I voted wright just because he is on there :p

but seriously i got Woodson

toonsterwu
09-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Dennis Dixon should deserve some mentions. Even if you aren't a fan, he's at least on the level of a few of those guys.

I think the best prospect is Andre Woodson. Gut guess at best pro right now, though, would be Matt Ryan. Too early to tell, and it depends on the situation they are put in.

Btw, I think I forgot to reply to your email Xio. I'll get on that.

Scotty D
09-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Also just wanted to say that there should be some great value if you want a QB this year. Not top heavy like last year but great overall class, and thats not counting the guy/s that are going to come out of no where it seems.

P-L
09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I would rank them:

1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
2. Matt Ryan, Boston College
3. Brian Brohm, Louisville
4. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
5. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
6. Chad Henne, Michigan
7. John David Booty, Southern California
8. Sam Keller, Nebraska
9. Matt Flynn, Louisiana State
10. Josh Johnson, San Diego
11. Anthony Morelli, Penn State
12. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
13. Paul Smith, Tulsa
14. Ricky Santos, New Hampshire
15. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL)

soybean
09-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I would rank them:

1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
2. Matt Ryan, Boston College
3. Brian Brohm, Louisville
4. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
5. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
6. Chad Henne, Michigan
7. John David Booty, Southern California
8. Sam Keller, Nebraska
9. Matt Flynn, Louisiana State
10. Josh Johnson, San Diego State
11. Anthony Morelli, Penn State
12. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
13. Paul Smith, Tulsa
14. Ricky Santos, New Hampshire
15. Kyle Wright, Miami (FL)

i can agree with that.

neko4
09-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Im saying Colt, he's got great accuracy and good enough arm strength. Not sure if his decision making is all that great, and i cant wait for the senior bowl to find out what he's really got. Havent seen him this year so i dont know whats changed.

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I voted John David Booty because the way I see it is that Brian Brohm is the second coming of Chad Pennington and Colt Brennan plays in a wide open system where hi stats get elevated kind of like Alex Smith and we see how well hes done so far. John David Booty plays in a pro type scheme wher other succesful NFL quarterbacks have come from like Carson Plamer and Matt Lienart and he just seems like a quiet guy who lets his play do the talking. Plus how could you fail with a last name like Booty?

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Why isn't Pat White up there? hes really god as we saw in his came today

neko4
09-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Colt Brennan plays in a wide open system where hi stats get elevated kind of like Alex Smith and we see how well hes done so far.

Are you calling him a bust?

He's played 3 seasons, THREE! You cant already call Smith a bust. And he's done well considering he's got no WR core and an average offensive line.

HoopsDemon12
09-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I love everyone who is high on Ryan now.. while like a month and a half ago someone put out there QB ratings and he was flamed for being in the top 7

etk
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM

He was basically perfect against TAMU. All of his passes were right on the money and he led methodical drives. Look for him to continue his improvement throughout the season and into the pros as a late draft pick. He's obviously not the best prospect but he's far from the pushover he used to be.

My pick is Brian Brohm. Woodson is the best pro prospect at the moment, but I really think Brohm has the intangibles and passing fundamentals to make him a consistent force after 2-3 years.

P-L
09-22-2007, 09:18 PM
He was basically perfect against TAMU. All of his passes were right on the money and he led methodical drives.

Were we watching the same game? He completed 22 passes but I'm not sure a single one of them hit the receiver in stride. I won't go that far, but I kept thinking throughout the entire game that his accuracy was off and Shields and Jenkins were making some great plays out there.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Andre Woodson will be a perennial pro bowler.

dRaFtDoRk
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Brian Brohm has the tools to be a great QB in the NFL, but he won't develop them to the full limit that he can. It's Andre Woodson right now, just because of the leadership and talent which is leading a former mediocre Kentucky team to a 19 overall ranking. He's got the tools and the great size and talent for the NFL, but watch out for Matt Ryan.

TitanHope
09-22-2007, 09:45 PM
I like Woodson the best.

My personal rankings would probably go:

1. Andre Woodson
2. Brian Brohm
3. Erik Ainge
4. Matt Ryan
5. Chad Henne
6. Colt Brennan
7. John David Booty
8. Sam Keller
9. Anthony Morelli
10. Dennis Dixon

Ainge and Ryan are close, but I like Ainge more. Ainge's 1,127 yards, 66.3% Comp. Percentage, 10 TD, 2 INT compared to Ryan's 1,341 yards, 61.9% Comp. Percentage, 10 TD, 5 INT.

Ryan outdoes Ainge in passing yards, but Ainge beats Ryan in completion percentage, and has fewer INT's. Both have the same amount of passing touchdowns. Oh, and Ainge has a broken finger on his throwing hand.

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you calling him a bust?

He's played 3 seasons, THREE! You cant already call Smith a bust. And he's done well considering he's got no WR core and an average offensive line.

Carson Palmer
345 completions 67.8 comp.% 3836 Passing Yds 32 TDS 101.1 Passer Rating

Peyton Manning
357 completions 62.5 comp.% 4413Passing Yds. 33 TDS 94.7 Passer Rating

Tom Brady
373 completions 62.1 comp.% 3764 Passing Yds 28 TDS 85.7 Passer Rating

Joey Harrington
274 completions 56.0 comp.% 3047 Passing Yds 19 TDS 77.5 Passer Rating

These are the stats of some of the best Quarterbacks and one of the worst in their 3rd years

Alex Smith so far this year
26 completions 54.2 comp% 252 Passing Yds 0 TDS 69.1 Passer Rating

Looks like he is a bust to me. However that is not what I was saying. I was saying quarterback stats in a wideopen system are inflated and they take longer to adjust to the schemes of NFL teams. I was not saying he was a bust. I was saying they tend not to do well in the NFL. I did not think he was a bust but upon looking at the stats I my opinion is changing . He was a number 1 pick just like Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning and his numbers are far behind those two.

neko4
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Through 2 games?

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
but I think Brohm is gonna be a star (555 passing yards today, and they LOST!).

Yeah Brian Brohm is a good QB statistcally but he doesn't win. Good QBs rally their players around them to win like Vince Young or Matt Schuab. In college Qbs that rally their players are Dennis Dixon, Pat White, John David Booty and Andre' Woodson.

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Through 2 games?

yeah 2 games where he didn't play top notch Defenses in Arizona and St.Louis. Those Defenses are not good pass defenses at all.

neko4
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
2 games still isnt enough to judge him, especially when he has only a few good players on his team. Even gore has struggled, so its not just Alex's fault that they arent looking statisticly good on O

Xiomera
09-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Brohm needs to be drafted by Atlanta. Petrino could sure as hell use him too.

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Joey Harrington had Charles Rogers, Roy williams, and Kevin Jones and Alex Smith Has Darell Jackson, Ashley Lelie, Frank Gore, and Vernon Davis Alex Smith has far better weapons than Joey Harrington did and He is getting worse. But you are right that two games is to early to judge however if he keeps at this pace he will do much worse than Joey Harrington.

Beans
09-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see Brennan in Tampa. I think he'd do good there.

Scotty D
09-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Joey Harrington had Charles Rogers, Roy williams, and Kevin Jones and Alex Smith Has Darell Jackson, Ashley Lelie, Frank Gore, and Vernon Davis Alex Smith has far better weapons than Joey Harrington did and He is getting worse. But you are right that two games is to early to judge however if he keeps at this pace he will do much worse than Joey Harrington.

I don't know. Joey had that go to guy in Roy.

eaglesfan_45
09-22-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't know. Joey had that go to guy in Roy.

Yeah but he got injured for 2 games and he only started 11 games. Alex has more more than one guy who is capable of being a go to guy. He has Vernon Davis who he never throws to. Darell Jackson hes good he was the #1 in seattle for Matt Hassleback and he did good. He has Ashley Lelie a first rounder (albeit not a very good one but still)

Flyboy
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I have a mancrush on Woodson.

neko4
09-22-2007, 10:39 PM

Ashley Lelie is a poor excuse for a weapon. Vernon Davis (who i hope will one day be great) hasnt shown much yet. Darrell Jackson is really just a number two and Frank gore hasnt played well this year.
It takes more than just good skill players to help a good QB, because it all starts in the trenches. And in the trenches all the niners have is an aging Larry Allen

bearsfan_51
09-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I voted Erik Ainge, but that's mostly because I like his name. And Tennessee has cool uniforms.

TimD
09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
My personal ranking:

1. Matt Ryan (this is sort of based on potential, as he has yet to fully reach it)
2. Brian Brohm (safest pick, IMO)
3. Andre Woodson (highest upside perhaps)
4. Chad Henne (assuming he comes back strong after his injury)
5. Colt Brennan
6. John David Booty
7. Sam Keller
8. Erik Ainge
9. Kyle Wright
10. Anthony Morelli (looked bad today, REAL bad against U-M)

Andre Woodson
Matt Ryan
Brian Brohm
Colt Brennan
John David Booty
Chad Henne
Sam Keller
Erik Ainge
Anthony Morelli
Kyle Wright

SenorGato
09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Brohm will be good in a Rams style offense IMO. He's got similar characteristics to Mark Bulger, and Bulger is one of the most efficient QB's in the NFL.

I like Matt Ryan and Erik Ainge alot too. Ainge will shoot up draft boards as the draft gets nearer IMO. Being 6'6, having a cannon, and being very accurate will do that to a guy.

bored of education
09-22-2007, 11:10 PM
matt ryan
woodson

megansett56BC
09-22-2007, 11:18 PM
in retrospect, brohm should have come out last year... i didn't think his stock could have been any higher and he's showing that now. he's putting up monster numbers, but he's not showing me anything.

call me a homer all you want, but matt ryan is showing up big time. his receivers are absolute crap (even though woodson is also in that boat), his line has played awful because of a scheme change. the only knock on him right now is that he tends to throw picks when he's backed up on his own end zone. as far as i'm concerned, he's playing as well as any QB in the country.

however, i'm more impressed with woodson's physical tools right now more than anyone elses... and considering the lack of talent on kentucky, at least relative to most other teams in the SEC, he's doing a great job rallying the team and leading them down the field.

so my rankings are:
1. woodson
2. ryan
3. brohm
4. brennan
5. ainge

Travis 24
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I think Brohm will be a GREAT QB...I think Woodson will as well..He is so exceptional when it comes to not turning the ball over. Both have great natural instincts when it comes to just playing the position...Brohm has the stronger arm, though, and his accuracy is unreal at times.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-22-2007, 11:34 PM
I like Woodson, but I hate his throwing motion/release. It looks ugly IMO.

Shiver
09-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I think Woodson will go higher, but I've really become enamored with Matt Ryan since the beginning of the season so I voted for him.

etk
09-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah Brian Brohm is a good QB statistcally but he doesn't win. Good QBs rally their players around them to win like Vince Young or Matt Schuab. In college Qbs that rally their players are Dennis Dixon, Pat White, John David Booty and Andre' Woodson.

Have you seen Louisville's defense? What do you want Brohm to do, suit up and play safety for them? If Peyton Manning was throwing for Louisville they still wouldn't win with that defense.

Addict
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I voted Ryan since I think he will surprise many people. Eric Ainge and JD Booty have the coolest names tho

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
09-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Plus how could you fail with a last name like Booty?

Tell that to his brother.

neko4
09-23-2007, 10:10 AM
My rankings...
1-Brennan
2-Brohm/Woodson
4-Ainge
5-Ryan
6-Henne
7-Booty
8-Morelli
9-Josh Johnson
10-White

Addict
09-23-2007, 10:12 AM
hmmm maybe I made a mistake... I voted against teh Booh-tey

Geo
09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I think Matt Ryan will be the best pro, but Andre Woodson has the higher ceiling and could potentially be the better pro. Brian Brohm also, and to a lesser extent, Colt Brennan and Erik Ainge (whom I'm more lukewarm about than anything).

I still like Sam Keller, as well.

bingbing
09-23-2007, 11:45 AM

This is the most stupid post i've ever read! Last year Brohm only threw 16 TD's while his team went 12-1. Yet you say he is a stat QB that can't get his team to win??? Last year it was the exact opposite.

Brohm was 18-3 as a starter until this P.O.S Kragthorpe came in and ran the whole team into the ground. That's not Brohm's fault. He isn't the one that gave the other QB 3 TD's of 40 yards or more.

bearfan
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I went Ainge. He will probably land in a good situation *hopefully Bears*, and he is a big strong QB who has a good arm. The only knocks you guys had on him was some of his decision making at times, and injuries

eaglesfan_45
09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Neko4 lets agree to disagree