PDA

View Full Version : week 3 thoughts

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
McGahee is a beast he gives us a explosive RB and a good person out of the backfield.

I think Boller may be the future but McNair is the QB for this season.

We need to get better at getting TD inside the red-zone.

We also need to get better at keeping a lead.

Derrick Mason is really good, we have a beastly WR trio.

What did everybody think about the game?

Yung Flippa
09-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Yamon Figurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 05:18 PM
also we should retire Stovers number.

Yung Flippa
09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
also we should retire Stovers number.

We better do that, as soon as he retires. He's saved tons of games for us.

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
yes he is a beast along w/ Yamon.

I noticed Barnes got some nice pressure today.

bmoreravens5289
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll start off with this- Yamon Figurs is the real deal. Also, every facet of our game improved save 4th quarter defense and red-zone offense. However, we need to play to win the game instead of playing to not lose the game. Our offense became too conservative in the second half. One more thing... the game is 4 quarters long dammit!!! Our D needs to stop letting up at the end of the game. Other than those two things we did well....McGahee played well, McNair and Boller played well, O-line was good, Stover is godly, etc. etc.

Mr. Stiller
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
McGahee is a beast he gives us a explosive RB and a good person out of the backfield.

I think Boller may be the future but McNair is the QB for this season.

We need to get better at getting TD inside the red-zone.

We also need to get better at keeping a lead.

Derrick Mason is really good, we have a beastly WR trio.

What did everybody think about the game?

I think you're sig is way over Regulation size and you should receive a 2 point infraction!

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I didnt get notified but if a mod tells me I will fix it.

Ravens1991
09-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Did anybody notice that horrible delay of game call against Demetrius. That was dumb and Ari did it after and didnt get called except for that TD.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2007, 12:35 AM
My observations are.....

McGahee played the best Ive seen him play since he left the U.

Kyle Boller is the present and future of the OB position! SCREW STEVE MCNAIR! How come no one is complaining about his fumble or his stumble, but had Kyle come in and done that then he is the worst QB ever.

We can't touch a QB in the 4th quarter.

Ben Grubbs has played every 3 series the last 2 weeks and has been BETTER than Chris Chester who needs to move inside to C and then we need to boot Mike Flynn!

Ran to BigDawg down at the stadium, whats up dude!

Troj2man
09-24-2007, 02:39 AM
My observations are.....

Kyle Boller is the present and future of the OB position! SCREW STEVE MCNAIR! How come no one is complaining about his fumble or his stumble, but had Kyle come in and done that then he is the worst QB ever.

Ben Grubbs has played every 3 series the last 2 weeks and has been BETTER than Chris Chester who needs to move inside to C and then we need to boot Mike Flynn!

Ran to BigDawg down at the stadium, whats up dude!

I agree with what you said about what the reaction would have been if it were Boller who fumbled the ball. It's a double standard that probably happens in every NFL city. I'm sure we all as fans have used this double standard at one time.

I also agree that Ben Grubbs is better than Chester. Chris Chester just seems to lack ideal size for a guard. You can see a difference in the run game when Grubbs is in there. I think Chester will move over to C within the next 2 years. Right now it looks like Flynn is holding his own there though. One thing that I've been really impressed by is the play of Yanda on the O-line. He looks like the real deal on the right side. Much better than Terry at RT IMO.

Finally, I agree with you about McGahee. He easily could have had his 1st 100 yard game had Billick stuck with running the football in the 2nd half. McGahee has that explosion through the hole to get to the 2nd level. Also lets not forget Musa Smith. He's done a good job on 3rd downs, and shows the burst that we saw last season. Where is Mike Anderson though? I know he's had some family problems. Hopefully he'll get them all worked out. We're going to need him this season.

Overall we can complain and worry about the problems with this team right now, but in the end we're 2-1 and have a great shot at starting out 3-1.

ccB
09-24-2007, 08:37 AM
My observations are.....

Ran to BigDawg down at the stadium, whats up dude!Its kind of like how when Boller came in and threw nothing but checkdowns and 5-7 yard passes none of the KBC bashed him for not going downfield the same way they would if McNair didnt. Did you watch the same game as me? McNair clearly outplayed Boller. Boller came in and couldnt put a drive together which might have a lot to do with our lack of pass rush by the Defense. Perhaps they were tired from being on the field so long. You are clearly just a hater and no matter how either of the 2 play you will be putting down McNair and making Boller out to be a god. It seriously baffles me. You all say I am biased towards McNair but when Boller had a decent game against the Jets I was atleast able to give him props. McNair starts and clearly out performs Boller (in my eyes atleast) and you still find a way to promote Boller over him. This leads me to seriously question the validity of any point you guys bring up, no matter what happens you wont give McNair any credit. Also benching Flynn would be stupid, he makes all the line calls and is the QB of the O-Line.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
man the entire 2nd half I was thinking about the Maryland Wake game. My thoughts on the game are that Billick is a fool for taking out McNair for a fake injury that he could have easily played through, Yamon Figurs is the man, Corey Ivey was excellent for 2 1/2 quarters, and Kurt Warner looked like the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL against our D. He looked like a Probowler playing a JV football team.

ccB
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
I liked the decision to take McNair out initially. We were up by a couple scores, and Kyle Boller is a highly capable back up so why risk McNairs health for the 3rd game of the season. Though I thought we would have held on to the lead longer than what we did. I think a lot of the problems came from our lack of depth at DB. Ivy is solid replacing Rolle but its the Nickel and Dime DB's that worry me. Boldin was abusing our secondary.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Its kind of like how when Boller came in and threw nothing but checkdowns and 5-7 yard passes none of the KBC bashed him for not going downfield the same way they would if McNair didnt. Did you watch the same game as me? McNair clearly outplayed Boller. Boller came in and couldnt put a drive together which might have a lot to do with our lack of pass rush by the Defense. Perhaps they were tired from being on the field so long. You are clearly just a hater and no matter how either of the 2 play you will be putting down McNair and making Boller out to be a god. It seriously baffles me. You all say I am biased towards McNair but when Boller had a decent game against the Jets I was atleast able to give him props. McNair starts and clearly out performs Boller (in my eyes atleast) and you still find a way to promote Boller over him. This leads me to seriously question the validity of any point you guys bring up, no matter what happens you wont give McNair any credit. Also benching Flynn would be stupid, he makes all the line calls and is the QB of the O-Line.

I seem to remember 2 or 3 passes downfield by Kyle in the Jets game, they just didnt connect, however McNair does not even try to go downfield because he cant.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I liked the decision to take McNair out initially. We were up by a couple scores, and Kyle Boller is a highly capable back up so why risk McNairs health for the 3rd game of the season. Though I thought we would have held on to the lead longer than what we did. I think a lot of the problems came from our lack of depth at DB. Ivy is solid replacing Rolle but its the Nickel and Dime DB's that worry me. Boldin was abusing our secondary.

Im not overly concerned about Boldin abusing our secondary because Boldin will abuse every secondary the guy is just that good and Rolle wasn't out there, I know everyonbe hates him but he is head and shoulders above every CB on the team not named C Mac. Not to mention our D had to be worn out since they were on the field for basically the entire 3rd quarter.

Ravens1991
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
I seem to remember 2 or 3 passes downfield by Kyle in the Jets game, they just didnt connect, however McNair does not even try to go downfield because he cant.

he didnt connect so it doesnt matter, sometimes you make it like we sat Tom Brady for Kordell Stewart. Boller basically threw the same style of passes as McNair did and you act like he is a pro bowler who took the spot of a 3rd string JV player.

Boller did have a good game I will admit but I still think McNair should be the QB this season because he is offensive leader.

bmoreravens5289
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
At the stadium, on that one play where McNair stumbled behind center, the people around me were like "What!? Is Kyle in?" idk i just though that was funny....but yea McNair is still better than Boller

Ravens1991
09-24-2007, 03:18 PM
yea I heard that also.

fenikz
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
this is what cost the cardinals the game

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5963/1727434837arizonacardinwf3.jpg

and it was as clean as can be, but oh so nasty

is he going to be able to play next week, just wondering because he is on my fantasy team

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
How is it clean to give a forearm to the head??? That's how you seriously hurt somone. Every DB knows it's against the rules to do that, that was an idiotic play on his part, but I'm pretty sure Heap is alright. And yes thanks to that bonehead play we won the game.

niel89
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
"Heap expected to play against Browns"

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-heap0924,0,1688926.story

Ravens1991
09-24-2007, 06:19 PM
glad to see him play.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Anyone else worried how Kurt Warner picked our D apart, his quick release offset the pressure. Looked like Kurt of the super bowl Rams.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
he didnt connect so it doesnt matter, sometimes you make it like we sat Tom Brady for Kordell Stewart. Boller basically threw the same style of passes as McNair did and you act like he is a pro bowler who took the spot of a 3rd string JV player.

Boller did have a good game I will admit but I still think McNair should be the QB this season because he is offensive leader.

The most untrue thing ever said, at least if you take shots the D has it in the back of their minds that you'll try to go long hence opening things up a bit. Where as if you never take shots down the field the D knows they can stay right up on WRs and up in the box.

That said I didn't bash McNair earlier I just said if Kyle did what he did people would be bashing Kyle, I thought McNair played well but I still think he needs to go downfield more.

And I thought Warner was the right move by the Cards, Warner has more awareness then Leinart and knows where the open man is gonna be so he can just keep doin 3 step drops and dumpin off then goin over the op when we cheat up.

Ravens1991
09-24-2007, 06:42 PM
well McNair hasnt had a history with us of slipping and fumbing snaps.

Also you are right in the way it would make defense think in the back of their minds we go deep but we cant bench our team leader like Ray said and our starting QB just because of 2 or 3 missed deep passes.

America
09-24-2007, 06:51 PM
The playcalling has been so strange, I don't know what to make of it. Our D needs Samari back ASAP, and we need to get the QB more often if we're gonna run this scheme, because underneath passes can be had so easily with no pressure. I'm not saying we had no pressure, we had plenty, but I'd like us to bring down the QB more often. I'm not a fan of either QB, both have their issues. McNair simply gets more respect from the players though. I'm proud to say I've been a McGahee fan since the beginning because he was playin with such burst it was crazy. We need to ride him a lot more. He's doin 90 yards a game right now, and it seems like we've hardly used him. Our play calling with a lead is too conservative, and he just hits a brick wall late in the game cause they're all inside runs when the D knows we're goin there. Clayton needs to get involved.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Bleh I could care less for Clayton I wouldn't mind if he was left out. Obviously Heap is our #1 target but #2 is Dmase who still plays at such a high level and never drops anything, he is amazing with his craftiness getting those extra 3-5 yards after the catch which very few in the league can do, and Demetrius has emerged as the #2 wideout, our best deep threat. Clayton came into the league as a very poor man's Dmase and he still is. He is good after the catch but not Dmase good, and as much as his hands were advertised as never dropping passes his hands haven't been great since he entered the league.

Don Vito
09-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Yamon Figurs isn't just a workout warrior I guess. That was a very impressive return.

ccB
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I still firmly believe Warners success came from:

1. Our depleted secondary
2. A tired defense because we couldnt keep our offense on the field
3. Anquan Boldin being the beastly beast that he is.

Yung Flippa
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
3. Anquan Boldin being the beastly beast that he is.

Like Bart Scott said, he's "Hines Ward on HGH"

Troj2man
09-25-2007, 12:14 AM
The no huddle is the way to beat the Ravens defense. It keeps all the players on the field and you're not able to sub in fresh players. Add in the fact that Kurt Warner has a super quick release. It's also tough when you have your nickle back starting at CB and your dime back playing nickle. We need Samari back in a hurry!

fenikz
09-25-2007, 04:21 AM
Like Bart Scott said, he's "Hines Ward on HGH"

That's a pretty bad back handed compliment, he either is just using the wrong words or he is trying to call Boldin out, but I'm sure Boldin worked extremely hard to get in the shape he is and won't appreciate that much.

ccB
09-25-2007, 08:00 AM
That's a pretty bad back handed compliment, he either is just using the wrong words or he is trying to call Boldin out, but I'm sure Boldin worked extremely hard to get in the shape he is and won't appreciate that much.

He's just saying hes a bigger stronger Hines Ward, he is not insinuating anything. Calm down.

Ravens1991
09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Bart is a jokster I doubt he was gossiping trying to make a reason for him beasting against us.

BigDawg819
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
My Week 3 thoughts:

The Trevor Pryce injury is a huge hit to our defense and we need to find a way to generate a pass rush even in no huddle situations.

Yamon Figurs is FAST.

Matt Stover will be kicking here until his 50's.

And the secondary really needs to improve their game.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Calm down, we all know they(NFL Players) all use HGH so no reason to get upset.

dcarey20
09-25-2007, 10:18 PM
My observations are.....

Agreed. He really is rejuvanated and he's everything we could hope for thus far. Explosive, elusive, and giving everything he's got on every down.

I don't hate McNair like you, but yes, Kyle Boller is the best quarterback on the team.

Rex Ryan's play calling probably has a bit to do with it. The players have to be blamed a tad bit as well, but it seems like he backs off when we have a big lead, and it's almost cost us twice.

Agreed 100%. Grubbs has been really impressive, more so than Chester, as you said. Chester needs to move to center, where he can use his strengths (quickness, athleticism) more effectively. Get Mike Flynn out of the starting lineup!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Other thoughts...

The play calling, for the 3rd week in a row, was dissapointing.

Yamon Figurs is an absolute stud, looks like another stellar pick by Ozzie. You hold your breath everytime he gets his hands on the ball.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Yamon Figurs is an absolute stud, looks like another stellar pick by Ozzie. You hold your breath everytime he gets his hands on the ball.

We essentially got a better returner thusfar in rd3 then the Dolphins got at #9 overall.