PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all of us?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-23-2007, 11:47 PM
The Raiders suck, the Chiefs suck, the Chargers suck, and the Broncos suck(and will be, at best, 3-2 in two weeks). Why do we all suck?

JK17
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I have no idea...the entire division really took a massive pitfall this year...

Stash
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I think this is something that is pretty common around the whole league so far.

The Saints offense sucks
The Rams offense sucks
The top 3 RB's in the league (LT, LJ, SJax) all suck
The Bears are 1-2
The Texans actually look like a good team
Detroit has 2 wins already
The Eagles are 1-2
Cleveland scored 50+ points in one game
They play Defense in Indy?

It's just a WTF kind of season. The Patriots are one of the few teams that was expected to be good that is actually performing that way.

SubNoize
09-25-2007, 10:49 AM
The Raiders aren't great but are probably the only team going forward from last year till now, granted they still have a losing record. Denver would be fine if they learned how to stop the run and convert some damn positive yardage when needed. As for the other 2, SD could come back, but the curse of Norv Turner is running full strength and he's doing an effective job running them into the ground. KC is just awful, they play ok defense but the O-line finally took a major dive. It's pretty sad that Lamont Jordan is the best rusher in the west at this point.

villagewarrior
09-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Actually, the Chiefs offensive line hasn't played as poorly as I thought they would have. There's definetely room for improvement, but the biggest issue that the Chiefs are facing is they have no consistently good play from the QB position. Teams can stack the line of scrimmage with 7, 8, 9 men because Huard will consistently over throw open receivers.

NIN1984
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Raiders, they have a rookie head coach and it is not as if anyone thought they would be a playoff team anyway.

Broncos, Jay Cutler is only in his 2nd season and people want him to be an elite QB already, it takes time.

Chiefs, no o-line for Larry Johnson and he is pretty much that whole offense.

Chargers, Norv Turner.

NIN1984
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Its not the only reason why Denver isn't a great team right now but Cutler did give the Raiders a pick 6, that game really should have never been in OT...

But Cutler is young and will make bad throws like that but he will grow and learn from it

Paranoidmoonduck
09-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey now, we sucked way before any of you did. :p

Copycats.

JK17
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey now, we sucked way before any of you did. :p

Copycats.

No way man, I'd like to site the entire time period beofre and after 1994, to until about 2004....

You're totally the copycat here.

SubNoize
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
true, the raiders did win a championship at some point in the last 75 years. even if it was about 74 years ago.

23 but who's counting? At least we have more playoff wins this century.

T-RICH49
09-28-2007, 06:43 PM
the major problem with KC is simple....Herm Edwards.He has single handidly ruind a great offense

T-RICH49
09-28-2007, 07:18 PM
are you sure it wasn't "lack of offensive talent"? i mean, trent green, willie roaf and willie shields don't appear to be capably replaced by damon huard, welbourn and mcintosh.

when you don't throw the ball to a WR until 8 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr then that is a bad job of adjusting and coaching IMHO

SubNoize
09-29-2007, 11:26 AM
*shrug* i'll trade that for having a sense of humor.

I was actually going for sarcasm but it's difficult to get that across on a message board. I actually hate the fact that my team hasn't won a superbowl since I've been alive though.

bored of education
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
His name is Bowe.

JK17
10-01-2007, 10:44 AM
fair enough, re-read with that in mind.

at least your team has a ring in the case. poor chargers fans. and at least it's within modern history. poor chiefs fans.

Or within the near future. I'm so done with this coaching staff.

SubNoize
10-01-2007, 11:36 AM
who could of predicted Oak, KC and Den all being 2-2 and tied for first with SD being in dead last and only having 1 win?

T-RICH49
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
who could of predicted Oak, KC and Den all being 2-2 and tied for first with SD being in dead last and only having 1 win?

leave it to Norv Turner to ruin the Chargers

Komp
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM

I think the Chargers problems have a lot more to do with Wade Phillips leaving than Norv Turner arriving...

JK17
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I think the Chargers problems have a lot more to do with Wade Phillips leaving than Norv Turner arriving...

I don't. Wade was gonna leave, and honestly it killed us. But the guys we brought in? Turner and Cotrell? These guys belong coaching pee wee football...if that.

We could've replaced Wade. He was amazing, and obviously he's missed big time. But we could've done better then the scrubs we brought in.

D-Unit
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Norv just kills teams. Losing the coordinators was expected. Losing Marty was the big mistake.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
im not so sure that firing Marty was the biggest mistake.I think the biggest mistake was firing Marty as late as they did.

BroadwayJoe10
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM

now, maybe i read something different, but i was watching the gamecast all day and saw LT had 100 yds in the first half and only 3 carries in the 2nd half? DId he get hurt in any way or is there something obvious im missing here? cause i like to live by the phrase: "if it ain't broke, dont fix it," especially when u guys have such an amazing player in LT. However, it just absolutely blows my mind and im hoping someone that watched the game could fill me in on what i missed?

JK17
10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
now, maybe i read something different, but i was watching the gamecast all day and saw LT had 100 yds in the first half and only 3 carries in the 2nd half? DId he get hurt in any way or is there something obvious im missing here? cause i like to live by the phrase: "if it ain't broke, dont fix it." However, it just absolutely blows my mind and im hoping someone that watched the game could fill me in on what i missed?

Norv Turner happened. He refused to give him the ball. It was the worst coaching I've seen...maybe in my life. The more I think about it the madder I get. I don't get it.

JK17
10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
i can't even imagine. as much as i hate shanny and bates right now, i'd shoot myself if we fired them for turner.

Like you really can't imagine what this has done to me. I'm afraid to walk into the hallways in my dorm, because of course, I was the asshole, who after the disaster in New England, told all Pats fans I'd see what Norv does in the upcoming weeks. I said he'd be able to rebound the team.

I'm starting to wonder if they are slippin crack in the cereal here...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Question this week: Who sucks more, Broncos or Chargers? That will be tough, but LT will run for 400 yards against our 31st ranked run defense, Rivers will have a tough time against our pass offense and only throw like five passes because he can hand it off all game. Cutler will lead several drives down the field to the red zone only to have the game taken out of his hands and have us running the same running play three times in a row which will lead to a 4th and 1, which we will either call a QB sneak for and miss, or Elam will miss the field goal.

JK17
10-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Question this week: Who sucks more, Broncos or Chargers? That will be tough, but LT will run for 400 yards against our 31st ranked run defense, Rivers will have a tough time against our pass offense and only throw like five passes because he can hand it off all game. Cutler will lead several drives down the field to the red zone only to have the game taken out of his hands and have us running the same running play three times in a row which will lead to a 4th and 1, which we will either call a QB sneak for and miss, or Elam will miss the field goal.

Oh no way! C'mon if the run game is killing them, you know Norv will jump right to the pass game! I mean why run it and be successful, when you can pass 40 times a game and really scar your developing QB's progress! That'd just be silly.