PDA

View Full Version : Jason Allen

thebow305
09-24-2007, 12:57 AM
It may be a bit early, but I'm calling him a bust! How about you guys? I would like the opinions of all other Dol-Fans on here about our 2006 First Round CB/S.

This guy can not seem to do anything right, he can't get on the field for defense and he is even screwing up on ST. Thanks again Nick! :/

I hate to pass judgement on a player so early into his career and this is not something I usually do, but I just don't see this guy ever putting it together, at least not while he is with us. Who knows?

Thoughts?

Joeyjr09
09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Jamar Fletcher v2.0

Allen is only on the team because he was the 16th pick. If we'd have gotten him in round 3, he'd have been cut by now.

thebow305
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Jamar Fletcher v2.0

Allen is only on the team because he was the 16th pick. If we'd have gotten him in round 3, he'd have been cut by now.

yup, i agree completely... good point!

Finsfan79
09-24-2007, 02:24 PM
he was a bust when drafted

same with ronnie

zCaddyz
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
i was just bout to post something bout him, i guess he aint doing so good huh? i hope he can pull it together

thebow305
09-24-2007, 05:01 PM
he was a bust when drafted

same with ronnie

That was a dumb comment. Uncalled for completely. Ronnie is not even remotely close to a bust. Some people may say a little of an underachiever so far, but certainly not a bust by any means.

Unbelievable.

Geo
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Thankfully, Allen is moving back to safety where he belongs imo. I wasn't crazy about the move to cornerback, even if it was temporary or not.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5440

Cameron also announced that second-year defensive back Jason Allen has been switched from cornerback to free safety and will be the backup to Donovin Darius on Sunday. Travis Daniels, who began the season at cornerback and then moved to safety in Week 3, is going back to cornerback.

For Allen, this could be an opportunity for him to quiet some of his critics who have questioned his value after struggling during his rookie season at cornerback. Allen, 24, starred at Tennessee at both safety and cornerback, and he is open to the switch.

"I told Coach Cameron that any situation that's going to help me get on the field and help this team, I was willing to make that move, so I'm willing to make that move," said Allen, who has yet to play a down in the secondary this season. "I'm not sure why I haven't been out there, but right now we just need help at safety and I have a history of playing the safety position, so the coaching staff feels like I can help the team playing the safety position and I don't necessarily see it as a setback because I've learned so much."

Joeyjr09
10-11-2007, 03:30 PM
They need to move Jason Allen away from CB, away from S and away from the Dolphins roster completely. He doesn't even belong in the NFL.

zCaddyz
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Was he in on any plays sunday

Joeyjr09
10-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Was he in on any plays sunday

His body was physically on the field. I wouldn't exactly say he played.

10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
officially a bust but the dolphins should have seen this coming..heres a clip of ronnie brown running him over in college haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3MbflKaxNg

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Jason Allen was a great player for the Vols in college, and came back his senior year cause the team was supposed to be a National Championship contender. Unfrotunately, he suffered a season ending hip injury early in the year when he tackled Georgia TE Leonard Pope and landed with the 6'8, 280 pound Pope on top of him. People were worried that he wouldn't be the player that he once was, and apparently that assumption was true. I didn't know he was moved to corner, and if he was, that was a foolish move considering his hip injury. Hopefully, he'll be more successful playing while facing the quarterback.

Miami Kush
10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know why the Phins like to take college players who are hurt coming into the draft. Jason Allen had suffered a hip injury when we drafted him, a hip injury is like a shoulder injury to a quarterback. I know Ginn is doing a little better than I expected but he wasn't even fully healed from his injury when we drafted him. Miami in my opinion have drafted terrible in the past years, everyone they have drafted in the 1st round hasn't panned out the way everyone hoped. Vernon Carey has been a bust in my opinion as well as Jason Allen, Ronnie while he was doing well this season he hasnt lived up to the #2 overall and Ted Ginn to me was a terrible pick but now that its done I hope he turns into a Steve Smith or atleast return a kickoff or punt.

PhinsKid23434
10-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Jason was playin sick nasty all over the field sunday agaisnt the giants. Lookn much better. Lets see if he can keep some consistency.

Joeyjr09
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Jason was playin sick nasty all over the field sunday agaisnt the giants. Lookn much better. Lets see if he can keep some consistency.

I wouldn't say he was playing sick nasty. He made a nice tackle that forced a fumble but thats about it. The INT he got was a great play by Jason Taylor to knock it in the air because if he didn't, Jason Allen had a late break on the pass and it would've been a completion to that TE right in front of Allen.

He was on par with just about every safety we've played this year and that's pretty bad. Plus keep in mind, Will Allen had a great game and the weather conditions held Manning's passing back. Not to mention the passing game for them was not much because they were running at will. All those aspects helped make the entire secondary look alot better then it really is. Jason Allen is a liability for our run D and we need a safety that can stop the run. We'll see more of him in the coming weeks but he has shown absolutely nothing and that's including this weekend.

We need a complete new set of DBs. two or 3 CBs a FS and SS. They only keepers we have are Yeremiah Bell (if he returns to form) and Michael Lehan (only because he's cheap and would make a decent 4th or 5th CB and he is solid on ST). Everyone else has to go.

SF Dolphin Fan
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't know why the Phins like to take college players who are hurt coming into the draft. Jason Allen had suffered a hip injury when we drafted him, a hip injury is like a shoulder injury to a quarterback. I know Ginn is doing a little better than I expected but he wasn't even fully healed from his injury when we drafted him. Miami in my opinion have drafted terrible in the past years, everyone they have drafted in the 1st round hasn't panned out the way everyone hoped. Vernon Carey has been a bust in my opinion as well as Jason Allen, Ronnie while he was doing well this season he hasnt lived up to the #2 overall and Ted Ginn to me was a terrible pick but now that its done I hope he turns into a Steve Smith or atleast return a kickoff or punt.

I agree that the Dolphins have had mostly terrible drafts over the last 5-7 years. That's why Miami is so bad right now. Calling Vernon Carey a bust, though, is way off the mark. He is the team's best offensive lineman and is playing pretty well at left tackle. Ronnie Brown is a great running back and honestly I don't know if Miami could have made a better pick at #2. As to Ginn, I don't believe his injury was nearly in the same category as Allen's but I do hear your point regarding injuries.