PDA

View Full Version : Potential Rushing Title

terribletowel39
09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I know it is a little early and thats why I am putting it just in our area.

Willie is ahead of the pack and is averaging 122 ypc. that would be put him right at 1900 something yards. I know we haven't really played any good defenses but what do you think the chances are that he sticks with this consistent level of play and nabs it??

also why do we always go to the pass when we get down in the redzone?? willie's 1 TD is killing me.

Man_Of_Steel
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
I know it is a little early and thats why I am putting it just in our area.

Willie is ahead of the pack and is averaging 122 ypc. that would be put him right at 1900 something yards. I know we haven't really played any good defenses but what do you think the chances are that he sticks with this consistent level of play and nabs it??

also why do we always go to the pass when we get down in the redzone?? willie's 1 TD is killing me.

122 yards per carry thats not possible lol. Anyway I think he has a good shot, before this week Henry was the elader and had a bad game. It seems unlikley he gets that many yards per game but I actually think he can do it. With us throwing more hes not gettting as many runs but therefore is fresh and unpredictable.

Hines
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
i think he has a shot if he doesnt dissapear with the good defences..i hope he wins it

PACKmanN
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
trust me you dont want him to get that amount of carries.

Man_Of_Steel
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07267/820099-66.stm

Good article on Parker.

terribletowel39
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
yea...ypg. :D sorry.

good article. i think he can win it if we don't stray away from the run like we did last year.

terribletowel39
09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
trust me you dont want him to get that amount of carries.
he hasn't really had that many carries as of now and is on pace for that. there isn't a set amount of carries for 1900 yards. he is at 5 YPC.
what amount of carries are you talking about when you say that we don't want him getting that many carries??

Smooth Criminal
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
With this season Tomlinson, Gore, Jackson, and Johnson have all gotten off to slow starts. With all of those guys down there really is no other backs to take over the top spot other than Willie. As long as he can avoid injury I can see it happening.

PittPete
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
He will get more yards with a balanced passing attack than if we run more often. Arians offense is so unpredictable that teams wont be able to stack the box and focus on Willie. Also when we sppread the field and hand off to him, he gets to go one-on-one with a linebacker and that is sweet. Steelers haven't had a rushing title since 1946 so it would seem we are due.

Man_Of_Steel
09-25-2007, 09:45 AM
What needs to happen more are screens to Parker, Ward and Holmes, heck really anyone on our offense.

terribletowel39
09-25-2007, 10:53 AM
What needs to happen more are screens to Parker, Ward and Holmes, heck really anyone on our offense.
agreed, except on 3rd and anything longer than 10. no draws or screens in those situations.

also, are we starting a new fantasy league, can't find anything in the fantasy section. let me know.

skarocksoi
09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I hate to hijack the thread, but how does that fantasy league work. I understand its people that you make up and they play for teams and whatnot, but how do you get all the stats? Are they just made up or do you simulate them in madden or something like that?

To keep things going with this thread, I would like to see Willie get the Rushing Title, and I think if he keeps up this pace, he might achieve it. I also think if Ben continues to play well, he might get comeback player of the year. That would be pretty sweet too.

Man_Of_Steel
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Right now Id say Roethlisberger is far and away the comeback player of the year.

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Right now Id say Roethlisberger is far and away the comeback player of the year.

i agree, so far anyways

09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
cant forget about lamont jordan. hes currently second behind willie and the raiders run the ball jus as much as the steelers now so he could be a surprise sleeper pick to upset willie. but its too early to tell still.

Smooth Criminal
09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
McNabb could make a play for it aswell if he can play anywhere near the level he did sunday.

terribletowel39
02-14-2008, 02:33 PM
he would have gotten it!!! just looking back, thought i would comment, that i called it early and it would have happened if he had only stayed healthy.

mikehop05
02-14-2008, 05:19 PM
he would have gotten it!!! just looking back, thought i would comment, that i called it early and it would have happened if he had only stayed healthy.

woulda, coulda, shoulda, buttt didn't ;) hahah