PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Brinkley out for season

M.O.T.H.
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
South Carolina's star LB is out for the year w/ a knee injury. Right now, it's being classified as a sprain but, some suggest it could be worse than that. A medical redshirt is a possibility. This will be very interesting to see how this progresses. Jasper is currently ranked #1 among ILB's, in Scott's rankings and is widely viewed as the top inside linebacker in the nation by many scouts. Huge loss for my Gamecocks.

TigerBait45
09-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh wow, that sucks horribly. I figured it was bad when he couldn't stay in the game Saturday but it didn't look like something to end his season.

M.O.T.H.
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
This could greatly effect his draft status...if he even enters.

Wootylicous
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Ouch huge loss for the Gamecocks defense. He was definitly the leader of this defense.

Tampa 2 4 life
09-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Does he have a redshirt season?

M.O.T.H.
09-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Does he have a redshirt season?

He may be given a medical red shirt and return to SC next year. No decision has been made yet.

Green Bay Scat
09-24-2007, 09:20 PM
not to sound like a dick or anything, but Vandy actually has someone as a top prospect, byaw, however i would rather let his play beat out Brinkley than his knee

Windy
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
not to sound like a dick or anything, but Vandy actually has someone as a top prospect, byaw, however i would rather let his play beat out Brinkley than his knee

you could probably turn a thread about chemistry into a thread about vanderbilt. good job.

Green Bay Scat
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
you could probably turn a thread about chemistry into a thread about vanderbilt. good job.

i take pride in the fact im the most online Vanderbilt fan, i mean, its me and Smitty, thats it really as DraftGod is Da U fan more than a Vandy fan

neko4
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I stil like him as a first rounder, see new mock draft

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2007, 01:18 PM
J Brink will need surgery and at this ponit, looks to be out of the draft.

RyanLeaf#1
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
South Carolina definitely needed Brinkley against Kentucky next week, and for the rest of the season at that.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
South Carolina definitely needed Brinkley against Kentucky next week, and for the rest of the season at that.

Woodson will probably shread our secondary...luckily, Kentucky's D is awful...Smelley and Boyd should be able to stick w/ them, point for point. Jasper or not...should be a good game. The game that is gonna kill us not having him, is the Florida game...that could get real ugly.

I'm thrilled that Brinkley could be coming back for another year but, I really didnt want it to happen this way. He'll bounce back.

SuperKevin
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Woodson will probably shread our secondary...luckily, Kentucky's D is awful...Smelley and Boyd should be able to stick w/ them, point for point. Jasper or not...should be a good game. The game that is gonna kill us not having him, is the Florida game...that could get real ugly.

I'm thrilled that Brinkley could be coming back for another year but, I really didnt want it to happen this way. He'll bounce back.

Kentucky's d isn't that bad. They are very fast and Myron Pryor is a beast at DT

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Kentucky's d isn't that bad. They are very fast and Myron Pryor is a beast at DT

They have been awful against the run...Boyd and Davis shouldnt have a problem running all over them. It's a favorable matchup for SC.

Sniper
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
i take pride in the fact im the most online Vanderbilt fan, i mean, its me and Smitty, thats it really as DraftGod is Da U fan more than a Vandy fan

That's great and all, but this thread is about Jasper Brinkley.