PDA

View Full Version : Packers @ The Humpty Dump Week 4 Discussion

drowe
09-25-2007, 10:16 AM
My thoughts

-Matchups favor the Packers, BUT, i really worry about a letdown here. the 'queens may be 1-2, but they're also just a couple plays away from being 3-0. and, it's still the Metrodome.

-That said, I like our chances here. nobody can run against the vikings and the Packers can't run against anybody, so, really, no change in gameplan necessary.

-If the Packer's D can keep McNabb, Manning and Rivers in check, Tavaris Jackson or Kelly Holcomb shouldn't be able to do much.

Overall, I expect running the ball to be a huge problem as it always is. Favre will probably throw 40-50 times...which makes any game wildcard. a couple picks, and this a completely different game.

When the Vikings have the ball....I also worry. historically, it seems that the Packers have had problems with the no name QBs having career days against 'em.

I'd still bet good money on the packers here, but I REALLLLLLY don't want to hear about this being an easy game.

cordscords
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I like the Pack in this one as well, but I agree we shouldnt walk in there expecting to destroy the Vikings. I think this will be a low scoring game as both have stingy D's. I'm not too worried about the Vikings passing game, but AP has looked sharp since coming into the league. We should have 8 men in the box a good amount of the time.

On the offensive side of the ball I think we need to once again let Favre do his thing and beat the Vikings with his arm. I liked the conservative play calling last week and thats the same formula we should use on Sunday.

princefielder28
09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
The Vikings never throw the ball further than 10 yards and they don't have anyone near the level of Antonio Gates so our pass defense should be fine. As long as we can contain Peterson I think the Vikings will be giving away alot of field position. I say the Pack wins easily b/c I know you can make the point that they could be 3-0 but those games were against Atlanta, Detroit, and KC.

Sportsfan486
09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Favre has never done particularly well in the Metrodome so I worry about how our offense will do in this game. I don't think this will be the day we get a rushing attack going and I expect Favre to have a less productive game than the last couple.

THAT SAID.. the Vikings offense doesn't frighten me at all. Our defense gets a considerable +++ in this situation, especially since they have ZERO weapons to attack our weakpoint (safety, which even than isn't that bad.)

I expect to see a LOT of us putting 8 in the box with a lot of mans and 1 deep covers, which should be sufficient to shut down their offense.

This could be a let down game for us but on paper we're a vastly better team than the Vikings. I'm shooting for a defensive game coming down to whoever ends up winning the turnover battle.

I'm going with 20-9 in favor of the Pack, no touchdowns for the Vikings and at least one of our touchdowns either coming defensively or drastically set up by the defense (along the lines of Barnett's interception return to the 3.)

Nitschke-Hawk
09-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Favre's been doing better in the Metrodome lately. If we don't turn the ball over 2 or 3 times and contain their running game we should really dominate this game. That said, it definitely has the "letdown" factor as a possibility and any team can beat any team.

ImBrotherCain
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree with this being a win but it all relies on Favre, if he has a good game with 0-1 picks i think we win but if he turns it over more than that i could see a loss here

jackalope
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
So, who catches 421?

I'll go with the obvious answer, Driver. DD usually does well in the Metrodome.

Football Fan
09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree, I think DD gets 421 in this game. I think thats who Favre wants to get the TD. I wouldnt put it past favre to try a couple iffy passes with the intent to get DD no. 421. Hopefully DD will just get open and score.

By the way the early line in the game is the packers giving 1.5 points with the over/under down to 37.5 from 39.5

Twiddler
09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
So, who catches 421?

I hope its Driver, with how much he has contributed over the years, it only seems fitting for him to catch it.

For the game I think we will be able to pull it off but we could struggle. We surely need our passing game because I doubt we'll do anything on the ground at all. About their offense, I agree that they could surprise us but I think that the only threat there would be AP and we SHOULD be able to contain him considering the job we did on LT last week. Should be a fun game to watch.

Hawk
09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
421 goes to Korey Hall

The team that has less turnovers will win this game.

Al Harris will get a pick 6.

jackalope
09-25-2007, 02:25 PM
421 goes to Brandon Miree

Al Harris will get a pick 6.Miree's not on the team.

NickCollins36
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
421 goes to Brandon Miree

Al Harris will get a pick 6.

lol ya where hav u been?
korey hall all da way babay

neko4
09-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Greg Jennings gets 421, that dudes money i turf.

IF we stick to quick passing i highly doubt we throw any picks. How good are the Queens LB's at coverage, because if theyre bad I hope we use Bubba and Lee alot. Jennings and the rest will have a tougher day against the Minny secondary, but it should be an easy for Harris and Woodson. Last week Al just seemed to lose the battle of size.

gbpackers0065
09-25-2007, 06:39 PM
James Jones gets 421.

I'm happy with Bigby's performance so far but I wanna see him make more plays in coverage, he's got major talent around him. I like his chances to improve even more this week.

Like Drowe said, no name qb's have done good against us in the past but the fact that Childress isn't a good coach should help out. In order to shut down the offense, AD should be a non-factor, make Holcombe or Jackson win the game.

neko4
09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/dec06/x4321_large.jpg
I have a hard time believeing a bad-average QB does well against us, the last time was Boller right? Well look who was on defense that time around

gbpackers0065
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/dec06/x4321_large.jpg
I have a hard time believeing a bad-average QB does well against us, the last time was Boller right? Well look who was on defense that time around

Hey, Marques Anderson was a stud.

Hawk
09-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Miree's not on the team.

****, i was just playing madden where miree was still on the team, and I threw him a TD

either way i think the FB gets 421 on a little dump off

GB12
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
****, i was just playing madden where miree was still on the team, and I threw him a TD

either way i think the FB gets 421 on a little dump off
I highly doubt that. Our FB is almost never a target in the redzone and I don't see him taking it 20+ yards for a score. Plus he'll only get like 2 passes if that thrown his way. I think Driver does get it. He usually lights it up in Minnesota and is obviously Favre's favorite target.

Vince Lombardi
09-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I think Favre completes #421 to himself via a pass batted back to him. But hey, that's just me.

TitleTown088
09-26-2007, 05:09 AM
I really hope Driver can get 421, it would be fitting.

God, I hate the freaking Vikings. I hope Pack, and in particular Favre obliterates them.

JF4
09-26-2007, 08:44 AM
The only thing that worries me about the Vikings is AD. If he can have a huge day, and the Vikings manage too put some pressure on Favre they may be able to keep it close and steal a win at the end of the game. I'm not that worried though, it is the Vikings we're talking about.

ImBrotherCain
09-26-2007, 12:43 PM
So, who catches 421?

For old time sake i wish Big Willy Henderson or Antonio Freeman would catch 421... but seeing as that isnt gonna happen i think Jennings is gonna get it.

Vikes99ej
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
You guys are going to win. It'll look like it's going to be close in the beginning, but eventually will convert third downs on us like crazy, and that will be the game. Your defense is going to give whoever we start fits.

neko4
09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
For old time sake i wish Big Willy Henderson or Antonio Freeman would catch 421... but seeing as that isnt gonna happen i think Jennings is gonna get it.
I wish it was Henderson, he was Favre's right hand man as seen here,
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/image/2001/mini/brett0321.jpg

Theres a better pic of Henderson blocking for Favre, but i couldnt find it

TitleTown088
09-27-2007, 03:43 AM
In order to catch this game I have to drive back from Oktoberfest in Munich to Rome going balls to the wall all night long. Man i hope I make it back in time, I cannot miss 421 agianst the Turd burglars.

Also, Neko, the pack is 3-0 not 2-0.

neko4
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
In order to catch this game I have to drive back from Oktoberfest in Munich to Rome going balls to the wall all night long. Man i hope I make it back in time, I cannot miss 421 agianst the Turd burglars.

Also, Neko, the pack is 3-0 not 2-0.
i havent updated it yet

Hawk
09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I hope the SI Cover jinx doesnt bite us

johbur
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I hope Tavaris Jackson starts for the Vikings. I love that they traded two third rounders to move up and grab that guy. Holcomb worries me a little more, as he can get hot, but he's never been a season long threat.

Advantage-Packers!

jackalope
09-28-2007, 07:11 AM
It sounds like Jackson might not play. Grant could get the start.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=668445

Twiddler
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
I hope the SI Cover jinx doesnt bite us

We're on the cover? Damnit! One negative of being away at colllege, no SI.

Hawk
09-28-2007, 07:41 AM
We're on the cover? Damnit! One negative of being away at colllege, no SI.

not a full page cover, but we're on the cover nonetheless

Twiddler
09-28-2007, 12:19 PM
not a full page cover, but we're on the cover nonetheless

I'd take that, pretty cool either way. It was Favre right?

GB12
09-28-2007, 12:28 PM
It sounds like Jackson might not play. Grant could get the start.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=668445
Yeah, we're throwing it 100 times.

jackalope
09-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, we're throwing it 100 times.Well, not necessarily. Morency is back.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

ny10804
09-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Gentlemen, it's gameday! on the east coast, at least...

Let's get this done.

Boston
09-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, not necessarily. Morency is back.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

Morency's not magically going to mend the running game. The offensive line still isn't opening up holes, and last time I checked, Morency wasn't Moses.

ny10804
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Morency's not magically going to mend the running game. The offensive line still isn't opening up holes, and last time I checked, Morency wasn't Moses.

But Moses is a poster on NFLDC and a fan of the Packers, so at least we got that going for us...

jackalope
09-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Morency's not magically going to mend the running game. The offensive line still isn't opening up holes, and last time I checked, Morency wasn't Moses.I wasn't saying that Morency was going to solve everything, I'm not sure where you got that from. I was only saying that he's back and Jackson being hurt shouldn't be as big of an issue.

neko4
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Morency>Jackson
Thats all that matters. Wynn has looked good and Grant has shown flashes so, i think the running attack will have a slight improvement.

God dammit, we're on the cover of SI?

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 10:03 AM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2007/1001_large.jpg

jackalope
09-30-2007, 11:53 AM
So who should we be rooting for today in the Chicago-Detroit game?

neko4
09-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Detroit, we can beat them

jackalope
09-30-2007, 12:28 PM
421 goes to Jennings!

The Legend
09-30-2007, 12:31 PM
i voted Jenning's at www.packers.com i was right

Nitschke-Hawk
09-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Jennings gets 400, 420, and 421.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-30-2007, 01:08 PM
I can't watch the game but Peterson 55 yard run f that man.

GB12
09-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I really hope the Collins injury isn't serious. We should be alright this week because we're facing Kelly Holcomb, but if we have to start Rouse it will absolutely kill our pass defense.

jackalope
09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Some nice moves by Ryan there.

mqtirishfan
09-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Atari goes down. We could be in major trouble, here.

jackalope
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Atari goes down. We could be in major trouble, here.No worries. Collins and Bigby are back in already.

cordscords
09-30-2007, 03:20 PM
4-0!!!!!!!!!

jackalope
09-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Green Bay 4-0
Detroit 3-1
Chicago 1-3
Minnesota 1-3

Nitschke-Hawk
09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
All the guys who got injured came back in, thank Heavens.

Vikes99ej
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Good job, guys. You're clearly the cream of the NFC North crop.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I wish we would've traded up somehow for Adrian Peterson.

But Childress looks to be pretty dumb. Peterson killed us in the fist half, over 100 yards on only ten carries, then he has a big kick return, and he gives Peterson 2 carries in the 2nd half. WTF?

JF4
09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Not that great of a game by the Packers but good enough to get the win which is all that really matters. They let the Vikings hang around for way too long and gave them an oppurtunity to get a win they didn't deserve.

We were consistantly able to move the ball down field but we just couldn't finish drives. I keep saying that if we want to do something in the playoffs this is gonna have to change. That and we're gonna need to develop some sort of run game. Deshawn Wynn was unimpressive today and i'd like to see Vernand Morency get some more touches next week. Hopefully a combo of Jackson and Morency can be the answer.

Shout out to Jon Ryan for that fake punt. Stick him at RB.

Vikes99ej
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM

But Childress looks to be pretty dumb. Peterson killed us in the fist half, over 100 yards on only ten carries, then he has a big kick return, and he gives Peterson 2 carries in the 2nd half. WTF?

Just another reason he needs to be fired. Just like the Chiefs game last week. Great first half, invisible second half.

JF4
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Yea very stupid indeed, now I see why most Viking fans want him fired.

Sportsfan486
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I really like how our defense is stepping up and finishing games for us with takeaways. That's the mark of a really good defense.

Twiddler
09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Not that great of a game by the Packers but good enough to get the win which is all that really matters. They let the Vikings hang around for way too long and gave them an oppurtunity to get a win they didn't deserve.

We were consistantly able to move the ball down field but we just couldn't finish drives. I keep saying that if we want to do something in the playoffs this is gonna have to change. That and we're gonna need to develop some sort of run game. Deshawn Wynn was unimpressive today and i'd like to see Vernand Morency get some more touches next week. Hopefully a combo of Jackson and Morency can be the answer.

Shout out to Jon Ryan for that fake punt. Stick him at RB.

Yeah I would agree that Morency should get some more carries next week. But think about it, maybe it was best that he barely got any carries today basing that off the fact that he isn't 100% yet(I'm assuming) and that their stellar run defense would just endanger his near future.

And that fake punt was amazing, all of the guys that I was watching it with were going nuts during it(including the Vikings fans...).

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 04:33 PM
A win's a win and it was a good one, but I need to see a little more to know we got it.

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Grades and analysis
QB- A+ Favre played another great game

RB- C Things could get better with Morency, but not yet. Grant and Morency made a few good plays recieving, but that was it.

WR- B+ The recievers did their job.

TE- B+ Donald Lee played great IMO and Bubba almost caught a tough pass.

OL- B Same story the last 4 weeks in a row. Good pass. Bad run

DL- B+ Great pass rush, but the run could have been better. There was good penetration, but we allowed AD to cutback too much.

LB- D I thought they played terrible. Especially Brady and AJ.

DB- B- Outside of Bush, play was solid. We got lucky that we didnt lose Al, Atari and Collins in one night.

Football Fan
09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Im looking forward to the packer-bears next week. I hope all those bears defensive players are still out, though I would be curious to see how the 2 teams match up when healthy. Its starting to look like the division match up to see will be packers-lions. The pack would stick a fork in the bears season with a win next week and it would be nice to have them out of the way pretty much for good this year. Then it would be on to the lions. One game at a time though. Im sure next weeks game will be tough enough.
8 IN A ROW EVEYBODY....EXCELLENT. Theres no fluke with that.

JF4
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah I would agree that Morency should get some more carries next week. But think about it, maybe it was best that he barely got any carries today basing that off the fact that he isn't 100% yet(I'm assuming) and that their stellar run defense would just endanger his near future.

And that fake punt was amazing, all of the guys that I was watching it with were going nuts during it(including the Vikings fans...).

Yeah you can definately tell they're trying to ease him back into the lineup.

TitleTown088
10-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Vikings bitching....
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3044057&campaign=rsssrch&source=green+bay+packers