PDA

View Full Version : Week 4: Bears at Lions

Addict
09-25-2007, 10:22 AM
So, after last week's expected dissapointment, let's discuss how we're gonna handle (hopefully) the bears.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Haha...handle....

It really depends on injuries. I don't think Harris or Vasher will play, Briggs might. That might be too much..but even still we won't get blown out or anything of that like.

TacticaLion
09-25-2007, 12:28 PM
POSTED 9:50 a.m. EDT, September 25, 2007

BEARS DEFENSE COULD BE LOSING THREE MORE STARTERS

In a Week One loss to the Chargers, the Chicago Bears saw safety Mike Brown and defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek suffer season-ending injuries.

In a Week Three collapse against the Cowboys, the Bears might have lost three more starters on defense. Though they're not expected to be out for the season, they each could be gone for multiple weeks.

Defensive tackle Tommie Harris has a left knee injury. Linebacker Lance Briggs and cornerback Nathan Vasher have groin problems. (And they've both injured muscles in that area.)

Their official availability for Week Four will be disclosed on Friday. As long as Grossman (our best player) is healthy, we're fine.

Just kidding. This game will be a big test. Our defense played horribly last game and our OLine sustained some injuries. Lets see if the team can fight through adversity (again) and rebound from a rough loss.

Maybe that Eagles game was exactly what we needed?

Iamcanadian
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, Orton, a rookie, dismantled us last year and he's worse than Grossman.
This truely is a test for our team and if we get blown out again, is Marinelli finished in Detroit, because if we lose badly again the locker room won't be a pleasant place to be.
We need a strong game or the team could go bottoms up and quite on the HC. I doubt it happens this quickly but if the reality of the team sets in with another bad loss then it could be another long season. However, if we can bounce back and the team shows some fortitude under Marinelli, especially the defense, then we could be in for a fun season with 6 or 7 victories.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Grossman won't play. He's done. I base that in part on Lovie Smith's comments (or lack thereof) but also my slight remaining hope in mankind.

JPLUFF
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Until the O-Line improves...there's no way I'm taking the Lions over the Bears.

TacticaLion
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
... but also my slight remaining hope in mankind.
HA!

I hope the Bears never sit Grossman. It makes me feel like the Lions can be competitive.

Addict
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Until the O-Line improves...there's no way I'm taking the Lions over the Bears.

well we do have homefield advantage, and them being without Vasher and Harris (for sure) and Briggs (maybe) does give us some perspective. The fact their offense has shown problems so far and, let's be honest, doesn't nearly have the scoring POTENTIAL the Eagles' offense has.

Not saying we'll win for sure, or anything even close to sure, but rather that if this bears team plays up to full potential with their starting roster intact, we'd be screwed... but with the injuries and the Offense (particularly the O-line and receivers, and Rex, but he may not start) isn't doing well gives us some perspective in this game, it'll be very very hard, the bears are still a well-coached team with it's fair share of playmakers... but the circumstances give us a chance.

If we win this we're 3-1 which means we'll have as many wins in 4 games as we had in 16 last year.

Bootland27
09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm sure everybody knows by now, but former wolverine Brian Griese will be making the start.

P-L
09-25-2007, 10:22 PM
If Vasher, Briggs, and Harris are out then I think we have a chance. Even then, I wouldn't bet on us to win. Assuming that all three play, I'll say Bears 31, Lions 20. I'll make another prediction after hearing if any or all will play on Sunday.

WMD
09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Bernard Berrian, Moose.. They're gonna have a field day! Greg Olsen will probably get on the board too.

I also predict a Devin Hester kick return... This could get ugly!

Addict
09-26-2007, 09:47 AM
If Vasher, Briggs, and Harris are out then I think we have a chance. Even then, I wouldn't bet on us to win. Assuming that all three play, I'll say Bears 31, Lions 20. I'll make another prediction after hearing if any or all will play on Sunday.

Briggs will play prolly but as far as I know (not much) Vasher and Harris will be out.

neko4
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Is CJ gonna play?
Or Will he even play soon?

bearfan
09-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I heard on the radio today that Tillman is also out.

List of injured:
Vasher (out)
Tillman (out)
Harris (out)

Addict
09-28-2007, 01:45 AM
I heard on the radio today that Tillman is also out.

List of injured:
Vasher (out)
Tillman (out)
Harris (out)

missing your two starting corners is gonna hurt against our passing game.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I didn't realize Kalimba Edwards was even hurt. Not that it matters much.

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I didn't realize Kalimba Edwards was even hurt. Not that it matters much.

Corey Smith is actually a very impressive (young) player. He forced that fumble on Hester on that punt return and is getting a good jump on the ball.

Edwards is a good pass-rusher, though... just nothing else.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Nice. Ball inside the 10, chance to go uo by at least 6, fumble. We can't be doing that.

JPLUFF
09-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Thank god 3 points may be enough

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
fumbles, missed field goal, do we want to win this game?

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 01:11 PM
fumbles, missed field goal, do we want to win this game?

It's the same story for them.

So, as long as we suck less than they do, we're OK.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 01:14 PM
It's the same story for them.

So, as long as we suck less than they do, we're OK.

But do you really want to just hope we'll be ok? I mean we should have at least 9 right now.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
You guys are running the ball so much why?? Granted Kitna keeps getting sacked but come on...our secondary has nooooobody.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
And now we're down 7-3, when we should be up 9-7. You can't keep making mistakes and just hope they make them too.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 01:18 PM
You guys are running the ball so much why?? Granted Kitna keeps getting sacked but come on...our secondary has nooooobody.

I'd like to know that as well.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 01:21 PM
And now we're down 7-3, when we should be up 9-7. You can't keep making mistakes and just hope they make them too.

I don't think that you can include your blocked field goal as a gimme but not ours.

If anything it should be 10-9 under those premises.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't think that you can include your blocked field goal as a gimme but not ours.

If anything it should be 10-9 under those premises.

Good point. Truthfully, I can't even see the game where I'm at, so I'm just seeing the game cast. I didn't even know ours was blocked! So really, it should probably be 7-6 you guys anyway. In truth I didn't expect to win this game anyway. I was thinking something like Bears 24, Lions 21 or something yesterday.

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Marinelli wants to run the ball... he wants an offense that can run. Do I agree with it in this game? No. Is Kitna getting a lot of pressure? Yes. Why? He's holding the ball too ******* long.

I couldn't watch the Eagles game... but I'm watching this one. And, one thing Kitna did the first two games was get rid of the ball quickly. So far (this game), he sits back, pump fakes, looks to scramble and gets sacked. He needs to do something besides wait. If it isn't open, dump the ball off (like he did the first two weeks) and go back to the huddle.

We've been playing like ****... but so have the Bears. We're lucky to be close in this game... a win would be a miracle.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Well there's your miracle. His name is Brian Griese.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Now if we can just hold on to the lead, I'll happily be proven wrong in my prediction.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Damn you Devin Hester!

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Ernie's having a nice game with 6 tackles, 1 INT, and 1 FF.

Scotty D
09-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Kitna didn't throw in INT this game. Yay. Hester and Adrian Peterson in our division is going to suck for a while.

Scotty D
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
34 points for us in teh fourth quarter.

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Nice win today. Finally got one against the Bears.

JPLUFF
09-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Definitely was not pretty. The running game existed today but we need to do a better job with pass protection. Kitna had a surprising great game numberwise (20-24 for 247 and 2 tds), but keep in mind that it wasn't their starting DBs.

But who would've thought we'd beat the Bears at the beginning of the year?

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 03:55 PM
But who would've thought we'd beat the Bears at the beginning of the year?
I guess anyone that would have predicted we'd lose 6 starters on defense. Congrats on the win but the Lions have a ways to go before they can compete with good/healthy teams.

I actually expected them to win by more. Took them a long time to get the pass set up (i.e. allow Kitna to stand in the pocket and pick apart our scrubs in the secondary)

LionSmack
09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh come on, don't make excuses bearsfan, ask yourself if you would have accepted any injury excuse the Lions would have made in previous years. No you wouldn't. The Bears are looking terrible and none of their injuries have anything to do with your shockingly bad QB situation.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh come on, don't make excuses bearsfan, ask yourself if you would have accepted any injury excuse the Lions would have made in previous years. No you wouldn't. The Bears are looking terrible and none of their injuries have anything to do with your shockingly bad QB situation.

If the Lions were missing Kitna, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furry, Kevin Jones, and Tatum Bell. Yes I would accept that as an excuse.

That said...it's really not an excuse. Losing to the Lions is pathetically inexcusable under any circumstances. I'm just saying I wouldn't get too psyched about barely beating our backups.

And none of it has to do with out injuries? Are you ******* kidding me? So if we weren't missing our entire secondary and an all-pro linebacker that would make NO difference? That's a joke.

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess anyone that would have predicted we'd lose 6 starters on defense. Congrats on the win but the Lions have a ways to go before they can compete with good/healthy teams.

I actually expected them to win by more. Took them a long time to get the pass set up (i.e. allow Kitna to stand in the pocket and pick apart our scrubs in the secondary)Ha. Ha. Ha...

Yep... you had scrubs in your secondary... yet Marinelli choose to run the ball straight at you. We've got this "great passing offense", and your weakest point on defense was your secondary... but he wanted to run the ball. And he did. Our running game actually looked... OK... and it looked that way against the Bears.

I love it. 1-3... QB crisis... injuries. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Addict
09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
If the Lions were missing Kitna, Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, Mike Furry, Kevin Jones, and Tatum Bell. Yes I would accept that as an excuse.

That said...it's really not an excuse. Losing to the Lions is pathetically inexcusable under any circumstances. I'm just saying I wouldn't get too psyched about barely beating our backups.

And none of it has to do with out injuries? Are you ******* kidding me? So if we weren't missing our entire secondary and an all-pro linebacker that would make NO difference? That's a joke.

you're right, but don't ruin the moment. Yes we beat your injury-ravaged team, but hell, we won a game!

LionSmack
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM

I said it makes no difference to your QB situation. I can understand how you might have problems with reading comprehension, what with those tears in your eyes.

There have been a lot of times in recent years when the Lions have faced the Bears with lots of injuries. Last year for instance, we played you late in the year missing Kevin Jones, three OL starters, both DTs and two LBs. The Bears won by 5. But does that kind of thing keep you from endlessly ridiculing the Lions and acting like they don't even belong in the same league as the Bears?

No. So screw you. Suck it up and admit your team blows right now and the Lions are better than them.

Scotty D
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I said it makes no difference to your QB situation. I can understand how you might have problems with reading comprehension, what with those tears in your eyes.

There have been a lot of times in recent years when the Lions have faced the Bears with lots of injuries. Last year for instance, we played you late in the year missing Kevin Jones, three OL starters, both DTs and two LBs. The Bears won by 5. But does that kind of thing keep you from endlessly ridiculing the Lions and acting like they don't even belong in the same league as the Bears?

No. So screw you. Suck it up and admit your team blows right now and the Lions are better than them.

Awesome. Maybe you should have put it in bold so he can read it all the way down there at the bottom of the division.

P-L
09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I am so excited right now. I could care less if the Bears were playing 22 backups. I thought for sure after the disaster at Philly last week the team would just fold and struggle the rest of the way. But they didn't. I believe they said our 34 points in the 4th Quarter was an NFL record. In the long run, I'm not sure this win is all that significant. I still don't know if I buy 10 wins this year. However, I think 8-8 is not out of the question, which would be a huge step forward.

Jagonsucker
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
good win. we needed this one

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Awesome. Maybe you should have put it in bold so he can read it all the way down there at the bottom of the division.

Holy ****.

I think that's the post of the year.

WMD
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
We've been good against the terrible offenses.. Anyone with a hint of a good offense will take us out. I predict we're about to go on a 7 Game losing streak. The Lions will finish the year with a 5-11 Record with our only remaining wins coming against the Vikings and Chiefs!

Nerv
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Good game, sweet 4th quarter. Almost as sweet as watching bf_51 blow his gasket in here. Watching your entire team go down to injuries sure is fun isnt it? We lose half of our defense every single year.

WMD
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Good game, sweet 4th quarter. Almost as sweet as watching bf_51 blow his gasket in here. Watching your entire team go down to injuries sure is fun isnt it? We lose half of our defense every single year.

And considering we start off every year with the talent equivalent of Half a Defense.. that's pretty bad.

Bootland27
09-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Good win. Their running game was solid but unspectacular. Unlike the last 2 games, they were at least willing to run the ball even though they were not having success initially. But they stuck to it and it paid off when you look at it as a whole. Defense was good, secondary looked bad at times, but also made some big plays in the crucial moments.

With that said, O-line frustrates me sometimes when it comes to pass blocking. This is the 4th week in a row that we've turned the ball in the redzone, a disturbing trend that needs to be corrected.

Iamcanadian
09-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey, a win is a win. I think we've at least proven that if you cannot run the ball on us, we can beat you. When you look at our Division only Minny has a running game but their HC is an idiot and tries to beat people through the air.
We match up prety well with GB and we might just win this Division, it's easily the worst in pro football.
We aren't a real good football team but we are better than the lower eschelon of the league.
As for the Chicago game, I think their offense cost them the game. They have no running game and are only mediocre passing the ball. I think they will fight it out with Minny for last place in our Division. Without a very solid running attack, they are nowhere near the team they were the last couple of seasons.
GB doesn't run the ball very well either and I think that makes them vulnerable to Detroit.
However we do face a # of solid running teams from out of Division and they will give us trouble especially if they can defend the pass.

TacticaLion
09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
And considering we start off every year with the talent equivalent of Half a Defense.. that's pretty bad.

God that statement is too true.

Either way, we're 3-1... when many thought we should be 1-3 (the Bears record). Regardless of how we won... or who we beat... 3-1 is a good place to be.

Addict
10-01-2007, 07:11 AM
God that statement is too true.

Either way, we're 3-1... when many thought we should be 1-3 (the Bears record). Regardless of how we won... or who we beat... 3-1 is a good place to be.

no, 3-1 is a nice record to have....

THIS is a nice place to be

http://googlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2005/12/cleavage1.jpg
right in the middle there, between those two humps. Very nice.

TacticaLion
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
no, 3-1 is a nice record to have....

THIS is a nice place to be

http://googlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2005/12/cleavage1.jpg
right in the middle there, between those two humps. Very nice.

Haha. Man... that's messed up.

Ask your sister before you post pictures of her on the interweb.

Addict
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Haha. Man... that's messed up.

Ask your sister before you post pictures of her on the interweb.

... the what?

TacticaLion
10-01-2007, 07:25 AM
... the what?

The interweb, silly goose.

Go Google it... or Ask Jeeves... or, hell, phone a friend. I can't hold your had all the time, Addict... I've got important **** to ignore.

Addict
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
The interweb, silly goose.

Go Google it... or Ask Jeeves... or, hell, phone a friend. I can't hold your had all the time, Addict... I've got important **** to ignore.

seriously, silly goose? Just because I don't get your 1337-speek I'm the silly goose?

Now go ignore **** then! ;)