PDA

View Full Version : Az vs. Pitt.

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I think will be our biggest challenge yet...

They beat a good Seattle team at Seattle if im not mistaken...
And had two close loses to Baltimore / SF.

It's definitely essential to pressure whoever the QB is, as we will more than likely take edge out of the game. Baltimore tried this but Kurt hit the receivers on quick slants / outs. The way they threw the ball around on B-more in the 4th quarter last week makes me nervous, especially since our weakness in our defense (if there is one) is our pass defense.

Other thoughts?

Man_Of_Steel
09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I dont think this game is all that scary. It will be nice to go against Whiz, Grimm, Moey, etc but I dont think Arizona can play with the Steelers for 60 mins, maybe not even 15 mins.

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont think this game is all that scary. It will be nice to go against Whiz, Grimm, Moey, etc but I dont think Arizona can play with the Steelers for 60 mins, maybe not even 15 mins.

did u see them vs the ravens though?

soybean
09-25-2007, 03:53 PM
i think whisenhunt said that leinart will be starting no questions asked. I think it'll be a good game because Leinart now has a chip on his shoulders, and apparently now he's been goin in at 6 to watch film.

mikehop05
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
i think whisenhunt said that leinart will be starting no questions asked. I think it'll be a good game because Leinart now has a chip on his shoulders, and apparently now he's been goin in at 6 to watch film.

prolly so he can get out of the house with that screaming baby

Smooth Criminal
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I think this is our most talented opponanat yet. They have a very good group of recievers and James has looked better this year than last year. Leinart hasn't looked good but Warner came in a played well.

On defense they are lacking talent but they seem to be finding success. Should be our hardest opponant yet but I'm still expecting a win. No reason our offense can't put up big numbers through the air on their weak secondary.

DeathbyStat
09-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Whats the deal with the dual Qbs i've heard that Whis has special packeges for Kurt Warner.

PittPete
09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Well one thing we know is that if our defense packs the box, Whiz will try to run it up the middle.

Man_Of_Steel
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Whats the deal with the dual Qbs i've heard that Whis has special packeges for Kurt Warner.

Leinart cant yet handle more complex schemes so Warner plays for playcalling diversity. I think its kinda weird but w/e.

terribletowel39
09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
we know to look for screens and draws on 3rd and longs from Whiz.

i don't think this will be a problem for us at all. yea they have coaches that we had but we are way more talented on both sides than them except at WR.

prediction time. 27-13 da burgh.

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2007, 04:55 PM
which wr will be starting in place of ward, nate washington?

Smooth Criminal
09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm stilling willing to bet Ward starts. We've seen him play while listed as doubtful and not practiced a single day that week.

But if it isn't Ward my guess is Wilson will get the start.

mikehop05
09-26-2007, 09:03 PM
i think washington gets a shot as the #2, ceddy at #3

precition:

33 - 16

Man_Of_Steel
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Washington is behind Ward on the depth chart so he is the man.

fenikz
09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I hope you guys get a heavy dosage of Quan on Sunday, I'm hoping for the upset, but if not you guys better kick the Pats and Colts ass and win a Superbowl

Cards Win 24-20

skarocksoi
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I heard someone make a valid point after Tomlin's press conference on Tuesday that while Arizona doesn't quite have the same talent as we do, Whiz and Grimm are very familiar with what we do on defense. It was brought up with respect to the whole sign stealing stuff going on, but the big thing is that they are familiar with some of our tendencies (what plays we call for goal line, 3rd and long, etc) and that gives them a big advantage in their gameplanning. I dont know if that will be a major factor in the game, but I expect Tomlin and LeBeau to take it into consideration and gameplan for it. Maybe we will get to see some of that 1 down lineman stuff like they showed against Carolina in preseason. The more confusing the better against a young qb like Leinart.

mikehop05
09-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I heard someone make a valid point after Tomlin's press conference on Tuesday that while Arizona doesn't quite have the same talent as we do, Whiz and Grimm are very familiar with what we do on defense. It was brought up with respect to the whole sign stealing stuff going on, but the big thing is that they are familiar with some of our tendencies (what plays we call for goal line, 3rd and long, etc) and that gives them a big advantage in their gameplanning. I dont know if that will be a major factor in the game, but I expect Tomlin and LeBeau to take it into consideration and gameplan for it. Maybe we will get to see some of that 1 down lineman stuff like they showed against Carolina in preseason. The more confusing the better against a young qb like Leinart.

i agree though i have a feeling we see warner early if leinart struggles

fenikz
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I would actually argue that Arizona as a whole has more talent then Pittsburgh, you guys just have a mentality that can't be broken, and you just win games.

mikehop05
09-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I would actually argue that Arizona as a whole has more talent then Pittsburgh, you guys just have a mentality that can't be broken, and you just win games.

???

seriously?

where? who? how?

Smooth Criminal
09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
The only place you could say Arizona has more talent is at WR.

I would take Ben and Parker over Leinart and James anyday. I'd also take our O-line and our defense.

mikehop05
09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
The only place you could say Arizona has more talent is at WR.

I would take Ben and Parker over Leinart and James anyday. I'd also take our O-line and our defense.

and our special teams and our coaches and our owner and our fans and our city and our stadium

yall might win in girls, though

terribletowel39
09-27-2007, 03:59 PM
yea i don't really know what you were smokin' when you typed this but it must have been good.

every position is better than yalls except your first 3 WR's. thats the only position yall are better at.

and no Adrian Wilson isn't better than troy p.

terribletowel39
09-27-2007, 04:02 PM
and our special teams and our coaches and our owner and our fans and our city and our stadium

yall might win in girls, though
while i've never been to either, i hear there stadium is a sight to behold. even though as a steelers fan i would much rather be taking a seat at Heinz Field than.....well whatever that field is called.

what city is that in?? is it Flagstaff?? or is it Tempe?? either or. Pittsburgh is better.

mikehop05
09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
while i've never been to either, i hear there stadium is a sight to behold. even though as a steelers fan i would much rather be taking a seat at Heinz Field than.....well whatever that field is called.

what city is that in?? is it Flagstaff?? or is it Tempe?? either or. Pittsburgh is better.

i just have a feeling their girls are amazing

if asu or ua are any indication as to what the population as a whole is, then they kick our ass

fenikz
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes the girls in AZ are amazing, and the stadium is in Glendale which is basically Phoenix

A Dub > Polamalu
Watson, Dockett, & Smith > Hampton, Smith, & Biesel
Dansby & Hayes > Farrior & Foote

and of course

Quan, Fitz, Johnson >>> Ward, Wilson, Holmes

terribletowel39
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Yes the girls in AZ are amazing, and the stadium is in Glendale which is basically Phoenix

A Dub > Polamalu

and of course

you are such a silly man. the silliest well both the DL and LB are the silliest. Wilson is a good safety but no thats not close either. the only thing i have seen wilson do that i haven't seen polamalu do is jump 60 inches on youtube. but that still doesn't mean he couldn't. and back to the DL and LB, when you have 10 games in a row where yall don't give up a 100 yard rusher, then come talk to me. but those 5 have been doing it 27 straight my friend. you have nothing against us.

fenikz
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
lol bite yo tongue

SF - 92 Total Rushing Yards
Sea - 92 Total Rushing Yards
Bal - 129 Total Rushing Yards

and no 100 yard rushers

8 games in a row total

terribletowel39
09-27-2007, 05:44 PM
lol bite yo tongue

SF - 92 Total Rushing Yards
Sea - 92 Total Rushing Yards
Bal - 129 Total Rushing Yards

and no 100 yard rushers

8 games in a row total
......what do you mean??....still two more to go. :D

fenikz
09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Guess we will have to make it 9 sunday

terribletowel39
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Guess we will have to make it 9 sunday
don't count on it. i am looking for atleast 125+ hopefully near 150. and then another 60-70 from the other backs combined.

fenikz
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Just warning you guys, better bench Willie Parker in your fantasy leagues

and you know i'll be starting edge in mine

skarocksoi
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
You're funny. I like you.

I hear that Boldin didn't practice and might be out for the game. That true?

fenikz
09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I haven't heard anything like that, whats your source?

Hines
09-27-2007, 10:59 PM
i just have a feeling their girls are amazing

if asu or ua are any indication as to what the population as a whole is, then they kick our ass

asu women are yummy

fenikz
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
and the MILFs in AZ are crazy too

Hines
09-28-2007, 12:35 AM
and the MILFs in AZ are crazy too

hell ya they are..i love goin to st games and seeing all the hot girls and all that..im like wow

steelernation77
09-28-2007, 12:46 AM

A Dub > Polamalu

and of course

wow...

You must be joking right?

By the way, although I do think you're receiving corps is better (and the rest of that is just complete bs), our third is Nate Washington, not Wilson.

mikehop05
09-28-2007, 01:31 PM

A Dub > Polamalu

and of course

you're kidding right

i'll give you wilson = poly

and the receivers are better

but everything else is just bananas

Man_Of_Steel
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM

you're kidding right

i'll give you wilson = poly

and the receivers are better

but everything else is just bananas

I hope your kidding. Wilson is good but hes not near the level of Troy.

mikehop05
09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I hope your kidding. Wilson is good but hes not near the level of Troy.

i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Big game, Lets go Steelers.

steelernation77
09-30-2007, 12:00 PM
So I've had a pretty bad cold all week, I'm in college though, so yesterday I had to go tailgate and get pretty inebriated before our humiliating loss to Indiana. Anyway, because I was not in the right state of mind, I yelled quite a bit, not thinking about my sore throat. So after the game yesterday, my voice was completely hoarse. I woke up this morning, and its gone. Just completely gone. Now, the last place I want to go is to a bar with people smoking and worsen the problem, but I live in the midwest so we get Chargers/Chiefs. I guess my voice will just have to take one for the team.

fenikz
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM
WOO!

How bout them Cardinals.

lol good game guys, sucks that Polamalu was out, don't know why but it certainly evened things out with Boldin not playing.

good luck this year and go beat them patriots.

Hines
09-30-2007, 06:29 PM
WOO!

How bout them Cardinals.

lol good game guys, sucks that Polamalu was out, don't know why but it certainly evened things out with Boldin not playing.

good luck this year and go beat them patriots.

i bet if troy didnt get hurt, they woulda won

without him on d, the d isnt as effective and it shows..good luck to yall

i wish i was at the game cuz i live like two miles from the stadium

fenikz
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Same goes with Q on the Cardinals offense, he is the heart of our Offense, like Poly is the heart of your Defense

Hines
09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Same goes with Q on the Cardinals offense, he is the heart of our Offense, like Poly is the heart of your Defense

good game anyways

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 08:33 PM
The Cardinals outplayed us plain and simple, we arent as good as we think we are.

mikehop05
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
The Cardinals outplayed us plain and simple, we arent as good as we think we are.

agreed, they came in ready to play

we came in ready to play the seahawks next week

Hines
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
agreed, they came in ready to play

we came in ready to play the seahawks next week

i agree..i think the steelers thought this would be a cake walk and the cards put it on them..next week though i think the steelers will be fired up to play and beat the hawks easily

and they will be 4-1 at top of the division again

fenikz
09-30-2007, 09:15 PM
yes go kill the hawks, please i want a share of 1st