PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 WTFs

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-25-2007, 10:01 PM
1. Rex Grossman. WTF? Don't young QBs progress, especially when they show the flashes Rex did last year? Don't they get more consistent and learn from their mistakes. Apparently not. Good Rex has disappeared, possibly forever. Many of you might not be shocked, but I am, he was at least decent overall last year(all things considered).

2.The (S)aints. WTF? What happened to these guys? they had a great running game and passing game, a defense that was serviceable, and a winning record. Now they're 0-3, they can't move the ball and can't stop anyone. They quite simply, suck. I was expecting them to disappoint slightly, but still win the division.

3. The Titans. WTF? This team wasn't supposed to be good. They lost their best guy on D(arguably), Travis Henry(who was leading the league in rushing before last week), and their top 2 WR. But here they sit at 2-1, only loss coming barely to the defending champs. And it's not all Vince either, although he's been great in his role. Their OL is flat out pwning people out there, Haynesworth is dominating, and Bulluck is playing VERY well. I never thought they'd be as bad as some believed, but they're looking better than I thought.

4. San Diego FLUKEr Chargers? What happened to a team that I thought was one of the NFL's best? they've done nothing this year at all, getting whooped by NE and losing to GB. LT can't do anything, the defense isn't great, and Rivers has only gotten into rhythm last week. This is a serious head scratcher, folks.

5.The Broncos. A lot of people thought we'd be SB contenders. I thought we might win the division if we're lucky, but probably make wildcard. Well, we suck right now. The offense is driving, but not scoring. Nobody can pass on us, but my high school team could run on us. Our ST was horrible in week 1, and I haven't been able to see a game since then. We squeaked out two wins against teams that had no business being in the game, but got handled by the Jags, who are probably average at best. The rest of the AFC west sucks too, though, so we might still win it.

Feel free to add more.

TitanHope
09-25-2007, 11:43 PM
WTF(?)- Every team in the AFC South has a winning record, and is a combined 9-3. No other division in football can claim that. Also, the losses that the AFC South teams sustained were to other AFC South teams: Titans defeat Jaguars, Colts defeat Titans, Colts defeat Texans.

Data provided by TitanHope, yourfavstoner, and Dam8610 via the AFC South Discussion Thread.

Xenos
09-26-2007, 12:08 AM
1. Rex Grossman. WTF? Don't young QBs progress, especially when they show the flashes Rex did last year? Don't they get more consistent and learn from their mistakes. Apparently not. Good Rex has disappeared, possibly forever. Many of you might not be shocked, but I am, he was at least decent overall last year(all things considered).

2.The (S)aints. WTF? What happened to these guys? they had a great running game and passing game, a defense that was serviceable, and a winning record. Now they're 0-3, they can't move the ball and can't stop anyone. They quite simply, suck. I was expecting them to disappoint slightly, but still win the division.

3. The Titans. WTF? This team wasn't supposed to be good. They lost their best guy on D(arguably), Travis Henry(who was leading the league in rushing before last week), and their top 2 WR. But here they sit at 2-1, only loss coming barely to the defending champs. And it's not all Vince either, although he's been great in his role. Their OL is flat out pwning people out there, Haynesworth is dominating, and Bulluck is playing VERY well. I never thought they'd be as bad as some believed, but they're looking better than I thought.

4. San Diego FLUKEr Chargers? What happened to a team that I thought was one of the NFL's best? they've done nothing this year at all, getting whooped by NE and losing to GB. LT can't do anything, the defense isn't great, and Rivers has only gotten into rhythm last week. This is a serious head scratcher, folks.
5.The Broncos. A lot of people thought we'd be SB contenders. I thought we might win the division if we're lucky, but probably make wildcard. Well, we suck right now. The offense is driving, but not scoring. Nobody can pass on us, but my high school team could run on us. Our ST was horrible in week 1, and I haven't been able to see a game since then. We squeaked out two wins against teams that had no business being in the game, but got handled by the Jags, who are probably average at best. The rest of the AFC west sucks too, though, so we might still win it.

Feel free to add more.
One of the funny things about that game was that Marty still lived on in this team. The biggest example was the third drive in the second half where we repeated ran on first downs even though the pass was working. Heck Phil Simms himself said we should have PA on first downs because GB was expecting us to run the ball.

duckseason
09-26-2007, 12:14 AM
From a fantasy perspective, WTF happened to the top 3 picks in most drafts? Just more proof that fantasy leagues are won in the rounds following the 1st. Everybody knows who to pick in the 1st. Most of those picks are dictated to us by common sense. It's the foresight you use in the next few rounds that usually decides who wins. Predicting who will become great (statistically) is far more difficult and important than identifying who is/was great.

09-26-2007, 12:40 AM
From a fantasy perspective, WTF happened to the top 3 picks in most drafts? Just more proof that fantasy leagues are won in the rounds following the 1st. Everybody knows who to pick in the 1st. Most of those picks are dictated to us by common sense. It's the foresight you use in the next few rounds that usually decides who wins. Predicting who will become great (statistically) is far more difficult and important than identifying who is/was great.

Considering the top 4 Fantasy backs were supposed to be LT,LJ,SJ,FG, I say people who didn't know who to pick did better.

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Considering the top 4 Fantasy backs were supposed to be LT,LJ,SJ,FG, I say people who didn't know who to pick did better.

Sad but true...the people who ended up the best were the people who picked 5th-7th and "ended up" with Addai, outside of westy he's probably the most productive high draft pick thus far, and most people who got him took him by rule of elimination with the big 3 gone and more then likely alexander as well

and how about the Fact that Barber III is beating all of the big 4 in points this year by a huge margin

DChess
09-26-2007, 02:11 AM
we're not married yet. thats my wtf

BlindSite
09-26-2007, 03:57 AM
Sad but true...the people who ended up the best were the people who picked 5th-7th and "ended up" with Addai, outside of westy he's probably the most productive high draft pick thus far, and most people who got him took him by rule of elimination with the big 3 gone and more then likely alexander as well

and how about the Fact that Barber III is beating all of the big 4 in points this year by a huge margin

I foresaw a big drop off for LT, LJ and Jackson, but not Gore.

I still went with Parker, Portis and Addai in some leagues where I was picking around the 6th and lower. I didn't have a shot at the top guys but I didn't really want it either.

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:40 AM
WTF is going on with the Bills. Here's a good quote that describes us.

"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now."
-Bruce Coslet

(We also can call the right plays)

yodabear
09-26-2007, 07:43 AM
The Rams are just one big WTF themselves.

WTF? Is that seriously a NFL team?
WTF? The Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, and Vikings have more wins than them.

I could go on, but I'd end up going in a hole and crying.

JPLUFF
09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Kevin Curtis had 200 yards receiving in the 1st half...if that's not WTF I don't know what is.

tylerb929
09-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Kevin Curtis had 200 yards receiving in the 1st half...if that's not WTF I don't know what is.
The jersey he was wearing was definately a WTF.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
The Giants actually stopped someone.

Turtlepower
09-26-2007, 09:57 AM
The Giants actually stopped someone.

Seriously, WTF.

PoopSandwich
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
The Rams are just one big WTF themselves.

WTF? Is that seriously a NFL team?
WTF? The Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, and Vikings have more wins than them.

I could go on, but I'd end up going in a hole and crying.

Browns could have a record of 2-1...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAD MEMORIES.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Sean Payton being the new Mike Martz

The most "nfl ready" qb of the 06 class being benched.

Steve Smith not being recognized as one of the biggest thugs in the game

Julius Peppers, where art thou?

Dwayne Jarret...same memo

Lamont Jordan trucking defenses

Lane Kiffin looking younger than his players

Asoughma (however you spell it) not living up to last year's billing

Kyle Brady's impact on the Jag's offense (although its not that surprising)

Kyle Boller clearly outperforming McNair but still not getting the starts

Shiver
09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
The Chargers' O-Line went from dominant in '06 to terrible in '07 with the same personnel. Aren't O-Lines typically based on continuity? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

bigbluedefense
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
The Chargers' O-Line went from dominant in '06 to terrible in '07 with the same personnel. Aren't O-Lines typically based on continuity? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The only thing I can think of is blaming Norv Turner. I don't think he's getting his team physically and mentally ready to play. And its showing on the field.

Turtlepower
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
So... Has Norv Turner proved to be one of the worst coaches in NFL history who has coached 3 different teams?

bigbluedefense
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
So... Has Norv Turner proved to be one of the worst coaches in NFL history who has coached 3 different teams?

If he doesn't take this team to the playoffs, then yes.

It takes a real asshat to screw this one up.

Geo
09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Norv Turner is a very good offensive coordinator.

Turtlepower
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Norv Turner is a very good offensive coordinator.

I love that statement because it has always been used to answer the question, "Is Norv Turner a horrendous head coach?"

HoopsDemon12
09-26-2007, 11:47 AM
seriously? you think THAT'S a wtf? or had you actually convinced yourself they were a good team?

We didnt think we were that good of a team... we just didnt think we would be this bad

Jvig43
09-26-2007, 11:48 AM

idk, but somehow i got him as my back up in my fantasy draft, and hes scoring me some crazy points. My wtf of the week, Drew Brees throwing four picks, its not the four picks that bothers me, its the fact hes my starting qb in my fantasy draft, and my back up chad pennington has about 25 more points then he does.

T-RICH49
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Herm Edwards and Mike Solari still running the ball when Minnesota had TEN GUYS IN THE BOX!!!And not letting Bowe or Gonzo make plays until late in the 3rd QTR

Geo
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
My WTF is Ron Jaworski, on Monday's PTI, talking about Larry Johnson:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3034865&n8pe6c=1

That's beyond stupid. Moronic doesn't even describe it. I've never respected him less than I did then.

Splat
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM

That's beyond stupid. Moronic doesn't even describe it. I've never respected him less than I did then.

Wow has he even watched a Chiefs game this year the Chiefs OL has gave LJ 0 help what so ever and the playing call is the worst in the NFL LJ is a beast but he is not superman he needs some help.

Turtlepower
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

At least he is better than Theisman...

Ravens1991
09-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Kyle Boller clearly outperforming McNair but still not getting the starts

that's been the case for years.

I disagree with that, but so this thread doesnt turn into a debate about McNair VS. Boller go to the Ravens team forum and we can debate there.

yodabear
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM

That was defntly a WTF, but 200 yards in a game for him is not suprising. He is a very good wide receiver who was under the tootlige of Holt, Bruce, and Martz, which prior to this year was a very good thing. But he can defntly play.

d34ng3l021
09-26-2007, 02:42 PM
31-44 361 Yards 2 TDs 0 Ints.

by Joey Harrington.

CC.SD
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Fluker chargers? The only teams with more wins over the last three years are Colts and Pats, right?

There's only been 3 games, I'll wait until the Chargers run the gauntlet on the division before I come even close to writing them off.

ImBrotherMatthew
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
well the bills can still punt thats a plus, good ol brian moorman

yourfavestoner
09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Chargers play one of the easiest schedules in the league last season?

Ravens1991
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes YFS I think they did, I remember my one friend was a chargers fan and I told him about how easier there record was and he still denied it and claimed they were better then the Ravens(I would just argue to mess with him).

yourfavestoner
09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Yup. I remember now. They played the AFC North and NFC West. Other than the Ravens, neither of those divisions had a team with a better record than 9-7.

no love
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
31-44 361 Yards 2 TDs 0 Ints.

by Joey Harrington.

That was a sure WTF. I can't believe I did not start him this week in my fantasy league! (sarcasm)

WTF Vince Young isn't injured yet?! So much for the Madden curse.

WMD
09-26-2007, 04:08 PM

That's called playing against the Lions.

WTF Vince Young isn't injured yet?! So much for the Madden curse.

I think the Madden Curse will come in disguise this year.. Maybe Vince Young will throw a Pick to seal a loss in a game that could put them into the Wild Card spot.. Something along those lines. But the Madden Curse will come, oh yes it will!

Vikes99ej
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
AD fumbles twice, and one of them cost us the game. WTF?!!!

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
seriously? you think THAT'S a wtf? or had you actually convinced yourself they were a good team?

No, I didnt convince myself that we are a good team. I just didn't think that we'd be this bad. http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2007, 05:40 PM
I think the Madden Curse will come in disguise this year.. Maybe Vince Young will throw a Pick to seal a loss in a game that could put them into the Wild Card spot.. Something along those lines. But the Madden Curse will come, oh yes it will!

everyone will find a way to put their own spin on the madden curse this year and every year there after, doesnt really matter how this season plays out everyone will find a way to incorporate the madden curse into that given players season

if guys go down pre season for the year then you have a valid point, but when you bump your elbow in a game and miss 2 plays people are so quick to call madden curse its crazy

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah, i mean, whoda thunk the bills had no talent. the only wtf is lee evans on that team.

Yeah, Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Aaron Schobel, and Marshawn Lynch all suck...

HoopsDemon12
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah, i mean, whoda thunk the bills had no talent. the only wtf is lee evans on that team.

Well how many people at the begining of the year said the bills would be the worst team in the league.. i heard falcons and titans... you didnt hear bills that often.. we werent supposed to be THIS bad.. just 4-12 bad

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:09 PM

I find it funny how you reply to my post, but say nothing about Hoopsdemon's (whose first post was pretty much just like mine)

HoopsDemon12
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
0-3 is somehow not potentially 4-12 bad? i don't see the logic.

What i mean is we knew we were gonna have a top ten pick... just not that we would be bad enough to be in contention for #1 overall... you see where im coming from?

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
wow, you named 4 players! out of 22 starters!!!! your team is so amazing, they're clearly destined for the super bowl!

let me say this slowly, because you don't seem to get it:

the bills have less overall talent than many, if not most, other nfl teams.

Find any post anywhere that I said that the Bills were amazing.

BTW, we have 5 good players on the team. I forgot Lee Evans (who's just having an off season)

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:14 PM
i've actually been following you around so i can cherrypick all the posts you make that i disagree with.

are you serious?

Well you've done it in this one, the mock draft one, the thread you locked and a few others.

WMD
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm pretty sure I had the Bills penciled in for the #1 Pick in the 2008 Draft. I don't think there's any proof, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm going to stop arguing, becasue I dont want to get banned.

:)

no love
09-26-2007, 06:27 PM
everyone will find a way to put their own spin on the madden curse this year and every year there after, doesnt really matter how this season plays out everyone will find a way to incorporate the madden curse into that given players season

if guys go down pre season for the year then you have a valid point, but when you bump your elbow in a game and miss 2 plays people are so quick to call madden curse its crazy

The madden curse is already here. In the form of of Vince Youngs WR corps. Eric Moulds is a shell of his former self, for the second season in a row. And his other receivers are certainly not clutch (drop on game winning drive).

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok, I just want to be cautious. I come on here when I'm bored during the day.

no love
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Wtf Lee Evans has not only not had a 100 yard game or a 20 yd reception... He has not had a 20 yard game or 100 yards total!!!

=( killing my fantasy team. I am this close to trading him, but I don't think anyone would give me anything more than a 3rd wr for him...

nobodyinparticular
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Norv Turner. I'm tellin' ya.

Bills2083
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Wtf Lee Evans has not only not had a 100 yard game or a 20 yd reception... He has not had a 20 yard game or 100 yards total!!!

=( killing my fantasy team. I am this close to trading him, but I don't think anyone would give me anything more than a 3rd wr for him...

Yeah, I think he has 5 catches. He is having a terrible season. It doesn't help that our QBs cant get him the ball, and that our OC cant call the right plays

SuperMcGee
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
0-3 is somehow not potentially 4-12 bad? i don't see the logic.

I'm sure he just meant in terms of how inept we have been at everything outside of punting. 4-12 is a definite possibility from our start, but I don't think anybody expected us to be concurrently ranked dead last in offense and defense.

Shiver
09-27-2007, 03:24 AM
I never was on the Bills bandwagon. Maybe it was something about going to Oakland to address your O-Line, Atlanta to address your secondary, Indianapolis to address your D-Line. I don't know, that seems backwards to me. I love Jason Peters and Aaron Schobel though.

Seasonticketholder
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
WTF(?)- Every team in the AFC South has a winning record, and is a combined 9-3. No other division in football can claim that. Also, the losses that the AFC South teams sustained were to other AFC South teams: Titans defeat Jaguars, Colts defeat Titans, Colts defeat Texans.

Data provided by TitanHope, yourfavstoner, and Dam8610 via the AFC South Discussion Thread.

And the irony there is that all three losses came from playing each other. Colts beat Titans. Titans beat Jags. Colts also beat Texans.