PDA

View Full Version : Okam vs. Dorsey

Gchu83
09-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Wanted to see how y'all looked at the 2 highest ranked DTs for the draft. Both seem like stud players but Dorsey is much more highly regarded. I've seen quite a bit of both (almost every LSU game is televised) and I'm a Longhorn so I've seen a ton of Okam. I know Okam's motor has been questioned but he's been a beast so far this season.

Okam: 14-Tackles 5-TFL 3.5- Sacks 3-Pass BrUp 5-QB Hurries

Dorsey: 22-Tackles 4.5-TFL 3-Sacks 1-Pass BrUp

slightlyaraiderfan
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
It will be Dorsey vs Ellis this year, and i'm willing to put a far amout of space between these two and the rest, including Okam.

etk
09-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Ellis>Dorsey>>>>Okam

Only a Longhorns fan would put Dorsey & Okam on the same level.

PoopSandwich
09-26-2007, 07:02 AM
I think Ken Dorsey is a really good player and should develop into a super bowl champion.

benjamink15
09-26-2007, 08:00 AM
I think Ken Dorsey is a really good player and should develop into a super bowl champion.

LMAO ... :eek:

keylime_5
09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Okam won't go first round. This year's Gabe Watson/Rodrique Wright IMO. Sedrick Ellis will be the first DT taken after Dorsey.

EvilMonkey
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Ellis>Dorsey>>>>Okam

well, as a Longhorns fan I can say that watching pretty much every one of Okam's snaps, he is one of the most overrated players in the country. He has his moments but he gets eaten up on the line way too much to be picked in the first 2 rounds. He has the talent but i dont think he shows enough on the field.

And Ellis is rising and looks tremendous, but there's no way he's better than Dorsey. Unless Dorsey's play really falters, no one will get picked above him at DT.

zCaddyz
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
dorsey's a beast, sed ellis is a beast, okam 3-4

no love
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
What ever happened to Rod Wright? How is he doing in Miami?

draftguru151
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
He was out all of last year because of his shoulder problems from Texas but he looked good in the preseason.

no love
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Ah. I totally thought he would have been a great pickup for the niners. We definitely need some depth for 3-4 de's

SuperKevin
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
A lot of scouts are concerned with Okam's lake of aggression on defense and the fact that a man of his size isn't pushing the OL on every play. I've even read a few assesments that Okam might be a better OL in the NFL than a DT. This being said I think Okam will end up an early/mid 2nd rounder with Dorsey, Dre Moore, Sedrick Ellis, and possibly DeMarrio pressley(should he shake off the durability issues) going ahead of him

DMWSackMachine
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, Kiper moved Okam up from 18th to 8th on his big board this week, so it looks like someone doesn't agree with the general consensus here. I have heard only good things from him this year, though I haven't caught much of Texas this season.

toonsterwu
09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
A lot of scouts are concerned with Okam's lake of aggression on defense and the fact that a man of his size isn't pushing the OL on every play. I've even read a few assesments that Okam might be a better OL in the NFL than a DT. This being said I think Okam will end up an early/mid 2nd rounder with Dorsey, Dre Moore, Sedrick Ellis, and possibly DeMarrio pressley(should he shake off the durability issues) going ahead of him

I agree with that. I'm not a big fan of Okam as a DT prospect. I'd put several guys ahead of him, and I'm not sure if I really like him in day 1 (but this draft is weak). BUt he's got so many intriguing tools that could make him an intriguing OT prospect.

SuperKevin
09-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, Kiper moved Okam up from 18th to 8th on his big board this week, so it looks like someone doesn't agree with the general consensus here. I have heard only good things from him this year, though I haven't caught much of Texas this season.

No offense but it's common knowledge that duing the season Kiper shakes up his top 25 almost at random

TitanHope
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Dorsey and Ellis look a lot scarier than Okam. So since Okam is more handsome than the others, I like him. And since I'm a Tennessee Titans fan, I have to like University of Texas guys. We're obligated to pick Okam or Sweed this year.

DMWSackMachine
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
No offense but it's common knowledge that duing the season Kiper shakes up his top 25 almost at random

lol, that's pretty weak. It might not mean anything, of course, but the point is that a prominent and well-respected draft evaluator just made a major move to upgrade Okam's draft prospects. That would suggest that, at the very least, he isn't sliding the way that most here want to make it seem.

And please, don't patronize me. I've been following Kiper and his in-season rankings for long enough to know what his tendencies are, thank you very much.

Crow
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Then you should know better than to pay them any attention at this early stage.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Dorsey and Ellis look a lot scarier than Okam. So since Okam is more handsome than the others, I like him. And since I'm a Tennessee Titans fan, I have to like University of Texas guys. We're obligated to pick Okam or Sweed this year.

LOL...your probably right though :)

Crow
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
So, the more serious question is: Who's the better prospect? Dorsey or Ellis?

Dorsey is likely to superior run defender, but what about rushing the passer? Is the difference in either department anything more than marginal?

Addict
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Ellis>Dorsey>>>>Okam

Dorsey >> Ellis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okam.

Dorsey is hands down the best defensive prospect in this draft.

etk
10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Dorsey >> Ellis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okam.

Dorsey is hands down the best defensive prospect in this draft.

Not if Calais Campbell declares.