PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Watch - 9/26

Scott Wright
09-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the Heisman Watch and this week features the most dramatic changes yet. There are two new additions to the Top 5, including a new #1, and a former favorite has dropped out of the Top 10 all together.

You can check it out via the link on the main page.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

Apriori
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Where's Mike Hart? He's averaging only 10 less rushing yards/game than McFadden and has more TDs. He may not have the YPC that flashier backs have but the fact that he's leading the nation in rush attempts speaks to his value.
The fact that Michigan's losses were against teams perceived to be worse may hurt, but I'd be surprised if Arkansas finishes with a better record than Michigan.
I'm not asking that you rank him #2, but a mention in the top 10 certainly wouldn't hurt.

duckseason
09-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Where's Mike Hart? He's averaging only 10 less rushing yards/game than McFadden and has more TDs. He may not have the YPC that flashier backs have but the fact that he's leading the nation in rush attempts speaks to his value.
The fact that Michigan's losses were against teams perceived to be worse may hurt, but I'd be surprised if Arkansas finishes with a better record than Michigan.
I'm not asking that you rank him #2, but a mention in the top 10 certainly wouldn't hurt.

On a list such as this, you'll always have a bunch of guys who deserve to be there but weren't mentioned due to the fact that you have to draw the line somewhere. I think everybody on the list is deserving, as is Hart. I think the bottom half especially is quite fluid at this point. Who knows, it's still early. Perhaps Hart leads Michigan to a Big11 title with a string of outstanding rushing performances. All that matters is where he is on the list at seasons end. This is just a reflection of what has happened so far from one man's perspective. He probably has Hart at #11 or 12.

neko4
09-26-2007, 12:33 AM
So DMac is on the list but brohm isnt?
Both have done everything they can to get a W, but their teams failed them.

Scott Wright
09-26-2007, 12:53 AM
At the start of the season I had Hart in my Top 5 but the start that Michigan had not only eliminated the Wolverines National Championship hopes but Hart's Heisman hopes as well.

Don Vito
09-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Glad to see Matt Ryan on there, his stats should only go up the next 3 weeks. I just hope BC keeps winning.

soybean
09-26-2007, 03:25 AM
my question is: is tim tebow THAT much better than dennis dixon? They basically have almost identical numbers.

duckseason
09-26-2007, 03:51 AM
my question is: is tim tebow THAT much better than dennis dixon? They basically have almost identical numbers.

True, but I think at this point the Gators are more likely to play for a national title, and Tebow is a bigger name that hasn't been tarnished by past failures. Those are both major factors when a voter sits down to fill out their ballot. If Dixon keeps up the pace and my Ducks manage to knock of both Cal and SC, then we can expect to see Dixon's name right up there with Tebow. But as of right now, he has more steps than Tebow to take forward, because he's already taken a few back with his past struggles.

RyanLeaf#1
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Andre Woodson should be at least 5th right now.

Apriori
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
At the start of the season I had Hart in my Top 5 but the start that Michigan had not only eliminated the Wolverines National Championship hopes but Hart's Heisman hopes as well.

I understand what duckseason said about things still being early, but I don't understand why McFadden/Slaton/White can be considered frontrunners when they're clearly not going to win the national championship either (although I should acknowledge that WVU has a shot).
Will people start plummeting off the list as soon as their teams lose? If Colt Brennan throws 100 TD passes but doesn't go undefeated, will he have no chance?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Yay for Andre Woodson making the list for the first time.

RyanLeaf#1
09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Yay for Andre Woodson making the list for the first time.

He deserves more credit then 6th.

scottyboy
09-26-2007, 03:05 PM
YAY for Ray Ray!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
He deserves more credit then 6th.

If he can lead Kentucky to just a 2 loss season he will be a top 3 finalist surefire, best thing about him is he never turns it over.

RyanLeaf#1
09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
If he can lead Kentucky to just a 2 loss season he will be a top 3 finalist surefire, best thing about him is he never turns it over.

Im really looking forward to how he plays in South Carolina 8 days from now.

bustabinary
09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
but I don't understand why McFadden/Slaton/White can be considered frontrunners when they're clearly not going to win the national championship
Clearly not going to win the National Championship? Do you watch football?
WVU may not be as good overall as LSU or USC, but you'd be surprised what the spread option does against teams that aren't used to it (see: 2006 Sugar Bowl)

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
WVU won't go undefeated with their pathetic defense. I am picking USF to beat them this weekend, and also I think Louisville will beat them despite how bad they have been, because in a shootout, Brohm's arm gets points quicker. Rutgers is another team who can beat them, and Cincy my pick to win the Big East will beat them, but yes they do have a chance at running the table and making the NC's, granted there aren't 2 other undefeated teams.

Michigan
09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
If Colt Brennan throws 100 TD passes but doesn't go undefeated, will he have no chance?

If Colt Brennan can't go undefeated against THAT schedule, he doesn't deserve Honorable Mention WAC.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2007, 03:33 PM
If Colt Brennan can't go undefeated against THAT schedule, he doesn't deserve Honorable Mention WAC.

Fresno State, Boise State, and Washington are far from scrubs, they are all teams that can beat Hawaii, maybe not Fresno though.

D-Unit
09-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't worry. Hawaii will go undefeated.

RyanLeaf#1
09-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Don't worry. Hawaii will go undefeated.

HAHA I dont know about that.

holt_bruce81
09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
who no love for Chase Daniel?

P-L
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
As unlikely as it seems, if Michigan were to win the Big 10 with Hart leading the nation in rushing, would he have a chance in your opinion?

duckseason
09-26-2007, 08:19 PM
As unlikely as it seems, if Michigan were to win the Big 10 with Hart leading the nation in rushing, would he have a chance in your opinion?

It's always better to start slow and finish strong. Well, unless of course your name is Jason White. And hey, despite the fact that Hart's Heisman hopes have got off to a rocky start, he has still produced. It's not like he was the guy to blame for the losses. In the scenario you describe, I think he would definitely have a great chance.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Man Kentucky's next 3 are brutal but if they win their next 3 games some how against #16 South Carolina, #2 but should be 1 LSU, and #4 Florida, I will hand Andre Woodson the Heisman right then and there.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-29-2007, 09:37 PM
After missing last week and losing out on stats, and throwing 5 INT's against Idaho Colt Brennan should be out of the Heisman talking but sad thing is with the way the teams are falling and Hawaii's cupcake schedule if they run the table they will be a top 5 ranked team and he will have to be a Heisman finalist.

Michigan
09-29-2007, 10:37 PM
After missing last week and losing out on stats, and throwing 5 INT's against Idaho Colt Brennan should be out of the Heisman talking but sad thing is with the way the teams are falling and Hawaii's cupcake schedule if they run the table they will be a top 5 ranked team and he will have to be a Heisman finalist.

i think Hawaii's peak rank is gonna be around 10-12. Voters, as dumb as they are, know about Hawaii's "schedule".

D-Unit
09-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I think he's out of it now. The sad thing is, although the stat looks bad, they weren't entirely Colt's fault. The passes hit the receivers hands but the ball popped up in the air three times. Another time, the WR ran the wrong route. I would attribute 1 of them to him solely.

Their peak even if they went undefeated would hopefully be 12. That is the goal right now. A lot has to happen for that to happen.

Hawaii's last game is Washington. With the game UW put up against USC, if Hawaii can come out with a win, that will definitely help Hawaii's cause. Beating UW won't be a "cup cake" win.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I think he's out of it now. The sad thing is, although the stat looks bad, they weren't entirely Colt's fault. The passes hit the receivers hands but the ball popped up in the air three times. Another time, the WR ran the wrong route. I would attribute 1 of them to him solely.

Their peak even if they went undefeated would hopefully be 12. That is the goal right now. A lot has to happen for that to happen.

Hawaii's last game is Washington. With the game UW put up against USC, if Hawaii can come out with a win, that will definitely help Hawaii's cause. Beating UW won't be a "cup cake" win.

But he was off an many throws behind and over receivers. Andre Woodson for Heisman!!!

D-Unit
09-30-2007, 01:02 PM
But he was off an many throws behind and over receivers. Andre Woodson for Heisman!!!
Did you actually see that or are you looking at a stat sheet?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Did you actually see that or are you looking at a stat sheet?

I saw it, but I forgot to wear my homer glasses so maybe I didn't see it clearly like you. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

D-Unit
09-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I saw it, but I forgot to wear my homer glasses so maybe I didn't see it clearly like you. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Liar. You didn't watch the game.

Tell me some things that you cannot get from a stat sheet.

soybean
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
i can't wait to see scott's updated heisman watch. I don't even know who's the front runner now. Run DMC? Andre Woodson? those are the only 2 i can think of.

Apriori
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Clearly not going to win the National Championship? Do you watch football?
WVU may not be as good overall as LSU or USC, but you'd be surprised what the spread option does against teams that aren't used to it (see: 2006 Sugar Bowl)

Whoops!
I look forward to Scott's latest list.