PDA

View Full Version : Junior RB Rankings

aposulli
09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
This class is by far and away better than this year's Senior class, so I think they deserve there own thread.

Here is a list of draft-eligible Junior RBs who I think may declare...

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas ...duh
2. Steve Slaton, West Virginia ...not a lock as the 2nd best
3. Ray Rice, Rutgers ...a rich man's Mike Hart
4. Felix Jones, Arkansas ...another Ronnie Brown/Caddilac Williams situation
5. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon ...despite build, hasn't been very durable
6. James Davis, Clemson ...good all-around profile
7. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska ...good tools, but has dissapeared in some big games
8. Jamaal Charles, Texas ...not the most physical runner on this list, but FAST
9. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois ...stock skyrocketing
10. Ian Johnson, Boise State ...stock dropping
11. Branden Ore, Virginia Tech* ...stock plumetting

*3rd year Sophmore

There are a few other guys to watch, but I was focusing on guys that may come out in '08.

There is plenty to debate amongst these players, but all have NFL starter potential IMO.

keylime_5
09-26-2007, 09:57 AM
1-McFadden
2-Slaton
3-Stewart
4-Davis
5-Jones
6-Charles
7-Rice
8-Mendenhall
9-Lucky
10-Johnson

Sniper
09-26-2007, 10:30 AM

How the hell is Ray Rice a rich man's Mike Hart?

aposulli
09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
How the hell is Ray Rice a rich man's Mike Hart?

Obviously they are very similar players, I just think Rice is more durable and a bit stronger and has a better burst. He's also one year younger, which at the very least, gives him more time to improve upon his pass-catching and blocking. We'll find out if he's faster come workout time.

megansett56BC
09-26-2007, 12:05 PM
wow... even if a few of those guys come out, the senior class should still be very strong next year.

Michigan
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM

LMAO. Ray Rice is Mike Hart with worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, and worse stamina. Not to mention Rice faces much weaker run-defenses and isn't the leader that Hart is.

scottyboy
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
LMAO. Ray Rice is Mike Hart with worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, and worse stamina. Not to mention Rice faces much weaker run-defenses and isn't the leader that Hart is.

?? worse vision, secruity? have you ever watched ray rice? those are 2 of his biggst strenghts. his stamina is very good as well, but after seeing Hart against psu, he took 40 carries fine, but dropped significantly after that. Blocking, neither are superb blockers, but both get the job done.

Rice not the leader? wow, i cant believe you honestly said that. thats unbelievable. please watch some Ray Rice before posting on his negatives(which are really his strong points...)

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
?? worse vision, secruity? have you ever watched ray rice? those are 2 of his biggst strenghts. his stamina is very good as well, but after seeing Hart against psu, he took 40 carries fine, but dropped significantly after that. Blocking, neither are superb blockers, but both get the job done.

Rice not the leader? wow, i cant believe you honestly said that. thats unbelievable. please watch some Ray Rice before posting on his negatives(which are really his strong points...)

Basically because Hart has "taken lead" of Michigan he used it as a knock on Ray Rice without even knowing anything about him.

scottyboy
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Basically because Hart has "taken lead" of Michigan he used it as a knock on Ray Rice without even knowing anything about him.

yea, I'm not putting down Hart's leadership at all(my respect grew for him tremendously during the PSU game), but I mean come on, know something about Rice before knocking him

aheineken
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. James Davis
4. Steve Slaton
5. Kevin Smith
6. Ray Rice
7. Felix Jones
8. Rashard Mendenhall
9. Ian Johnson
10.Jamaal Charles

Jonny
09-26-2007, 05:31 PM

Worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, worse stamina? That's ridiculous on all counts.

They're basically the same player, but Rice seems to be a tad faster. Neither is really a burner though.

BTW, I really like Mendenhall as the sleeper of this group.

P-L
09-26-2007, 05:33 PM
1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas (The consensus #1 RB, regardless of class)
2. James Davis, Clemson (Call me crazy, but I love the way he plays. Good combination of power and speed)
3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon (If his rumored high 4.3, low 4.4 are legit he moves up a spot)
4. Felix Jones, Arkansas (I think he'd be a top 20 pick if he wasn't splitting carries with McFadden)
5. Steve Slaton, West Virgina (When I watch him I see a great college player, but only a pretty good pro prospect)

etk
09-26-2007, 06:02 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. James Davis
4. Felix Jones
5. Jamaal Charles

ironman4579
09-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Security may be on of Rice's best asset's, but can you honestly argue that really anyone is in Mike Hart's class when it comes to holding on to the ball? I don't even think that's a knock on Rice at all, but come on, Hart is unbelievable when it comes to protecting the ball.

Sniper
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Security may be on of Rice's best asset's, but can you honestly argue that really anyone is in Mike Hart's class when it comes to holding on to the ball? I don't even think that's a knock on Rice at all, but come on, Hart is unbelievable when it comes to protecting the ball.

He sure is. What's he got, 3 total fumbles and one lost in his career? Ridiculous. It's gonna be so weird next year when Brown/Minor/Grady/McGuffie fumble, won't be used to it. Mind you, it's bad now because whenever Brown or Minor come in I hold my breath.

ironman4579
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
He sure is. What's he got, 3 total fumbles and one lost in his career? Ridiculous. It's gonna be so weird next year when Brown/Minor/Grady/McGuffie fumble, won't be used to it. Mind you, it's bad now because whenever Brown or Minor come in I hold my breath.

I thought he only had like 2 fumbles, but that can't be right. It just seems like he's never fumbled.

BufFan71
09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
how about Kevin Smith???
UCF HB

scottyboy
09-26-2007, 07:41 PM

i agree. i think Hart has what one fumble? but Rice has none!!!! :D granted he probably hasnt had as many carries as Hart, but just saying...

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Mendenhall will crack the top 5 when the year is over.

Sniper
09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
i agree. i think Hart has what one fumble? but Rice has none!!!! :D granted he probably hasnt had as many carries as Hart, but just saying...

Hart hasn't fumbled this year. Hart's one fumble is in his career, not just this season.

ripdw27
09-26-2007, 08:24 PM
run dmc is number one probably in the whole draft at rb imo

but mcfadden would prbably end up in the bush situation, not quite ready to handle the load an end up splitting carries.i would love denver to get him or felix jones or mike hart or ray rice. wishful thinking considering we don't need a RB that bad but still i would love to have one of them

i like mike hart, he seems to be a great leader and i think if he stays healthy in the NFL he will be pretty dominant.

scottyboy
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Hart hasn't fumbled this year. Hart's one fumble is in his career, not just this season.

i know, i was talking career

schmiddog
09-26-2007, 08:51 PM
1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas (The consensus #1 RB, regardless of class)
2. James Davis, Clemson (Call me crazy, but I love the way he plays. Good combination of power and speed)
3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon (If his rumored high 4.3, low 4.4 are legit he moves up a spot)
4. Felix Jones, Arkansas (I think he'd be a top 20 pick if he wasn't splitting carries with McFadden)
5. Steve Slaton, West Virgina (When I watch him I see a great college player, but only a pretty good pro prospect)

I like Davis at #2 a lot. His frame and running style scream "NFL running back".

ironman4579
09-26-2007, 09:20 PM

I assume you were kidding, but I'm pretty sure Rice has like 5 fumbles in his career.

Travis 24
09-26-2007, 09:44 PM
LOL...Why are you people dogging Ray Rice??...The guy fits better into an NFL offense than all of them with the exception of Darren McFadden. Rice runs in 2 back set...No spread offenses, no passing 30+ times, no options, none of that WVU offense...yet still one of the most productive backs in the country.

No ball security?...Lay off the drugs. Rice has never had to catch passes up until this year, and he has..very well. Very good blocker...INCREDIBLE vision, lay off the crack. Mike Hart's O-line is A LOT better than what Rice has..therefore the vision looks better. Ray Rice is a much more physical back too, his center of gravity is ridiculous..

Rice is #2 among JR's...and not because I'm a Rutgers fan. His game translates much better into the NFL than Slaton does...He can run between the tackles A LOT better, and is a better blocker..top priorities for NFL backs.

aposulli
09-26-2007, 10:10 PM
how about Kevin Smith???
UCF HB

Admittedly, I don't know alot about this guy, but I see he's been very good so far this year against some dece competition.

What's the word?

Smokey Joe
09-26-2007, 10:15 PM
1. McFadden
2. Stewart
3. Davis
4. Slaton
5. Jones

Sniper
09-26-2007, 10:16 PM
No ball security?...Lay off the drugs. Rice has never had to catch passes up until this year, and he has..very well. Very good blocker...INCREDIBLE vision, lay off the crack. Mike Hart's O-line is A LOT better than what Rice has..therefore the vision looks better. Ray Rice is a much more physical back too, his center of gravity is ridiculous..

No one said he had no ball security. Learn to read. Compared to Mike Hart, everyone's ball security sucks. Hart's left side of the line is significantly better led by manbeast Jake Long , but doesn't Rutgers have 2-3 All-American candidates at O-line? Yeah, poor Ray Rice running against those powerhouse Big East defenses :rolleyes: A lot more physical? WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? You make no sense. Watch Mike Hart run before you speak. Center of gravity? Like when no first tackler ever takes down Hart? Look, Rice is an excellent running back, I don't want to diminish what he's done. But some of your points are ridiculous and just whack. They are very similar backs and I love their style of play. Like I said, I don't want to take anything away from Rice whom I love to watch, but his talent level is slightly lower than Mike's. Not much, but if you're going to diminish Hart, at least come up with good points.

P-L
09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I love how all the Rutgers people come in this thread and say that Michigan fans are hating on Rice. The only thing that was argued was that Rice was worse in a few attributes. People on message boards gets their panties in a bunch far too much over wording. Quote a post where anyone says Ray Rice is "bad" or "nothing special." All that was said was that he was worse. What does worse mean? Not as good. No one is knocking Ray Rice at all. Hell, for all you guys know the original poster thinks Mike Hart is slightly better in those four facets of the game. If Hart was even the tiniest bit better in each of those four things, that would make Ray Rice worse. I'm not going to argue one way or the other, but calm down here.

aposulli
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
1. McFadden
2. Stewart
3. Davis
4. Slaton
5. Jones

Curious to what you think about Sutton? He is basically the next guy on my list but I didn't think there was a chance he'd come out early.

SenorGato
09-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I love how all the Rutgers people come in this thread and say that Michigan fans are hating on Rice. The only thing that was argued was that Rice was worse in a few attributes. People on message boards gets their panties in a bunch far too much over wording. Quote a post where anyone says Ray Rice is "bad" or "nothing special." All that was said was that he was worse. What does worse mean? Not as good. No one is knocking Ray Rice at all. Hell, for all you guys know the original poster thinks Mike Hart is slightly better in those four facets of the game. If Hart was even the tiniest bit better in each of those four things, that would make Ray Rice worse. I'm not going to argue one way or the other, but calm down here.

No...I think they're arguing with Rice being under Hart as a pro-prospect.

As a prospect I like Rice a teeny bit more.

Sniper
09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
No...I think they're arguing with Rice being under Hart as a pro-prospect.

As a prospect I like Rice a teeny bit more.

Admittedly, Rice is a slightly better pro prospect. He's got better durability and is more involved in the passing game. That's not to say Hart can't catch the ball (he can). I'd love to have them both and grind out the clock every game :)

marks01234
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. James Davis
4. Andre Brown
5. Felix Jones

Sorry, I just don't see Ray Rice or Steve Slanton as great NFL prospects. Both lack the size and speed of the five listed above.

schmiddog
09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Jonathan Stewart
3. James Davis
4. Andre Brown
5. Felix Jones

Sorry, I just don't see Ray Rice or Steve Slanton as great NFL prospects. Both lack the size and speed of the five listed above.

Huh? Steve Slaton is the fastest of the five players above and one of the 3-5 fastest players in Div. 1-A probably.

Sniper
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Huh? Steve Slaton is the fastest of the five players above and one of the 3-5 fastest players in Div. 1-A probably.

I assume he meant speed for Ray Rice.

scottyboy
09-27-2007, 03:01 PM

well i was kidding. that Travis guy came on here on was ripping everyone. Hart's security is just ridiculous. I personally dont like him, but have tremendous respect for him. I was just meesing around with Rice's secruity etc. compared to Hart. Something Rice does better, some Hart does better. Rice has excellent security, but Hart's is in another league.

Travis 24
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Rofl...You people are clowns if you think Mike Hart is a better NFL Prospect than Raymell Rice. Come draft time, it won't even be close...Hart is like 10 lbs lighter, and not as fast...Nor does he have the burst that Rice does...Rice is stronger too, also a no-contest.

You also pretend like no one is allowed to compare to Hart with ball security..How many times has Ray Rice fumbled..?...oh...Rice = Next Tiki Barber!

scottyboy
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Rofl...You people are clowns if you think Mike Hart is a better NFL Prospect than Raymell Rice. Come draft time, it won't even be close...Hart is like 10 lbs lighter, and not as fast...Nor does he have the burst that Rice does...Rice is stronger too, also a no-contest.

You also pretend like no one is allowed to compare to Hart with ball security..How many times has Ray Rice fumbled..?...oh...Rice = Next Tiki Barber!

thats where you're wrong. Ray Rice=God. I dont see him ripping his coach and teammates and being a d-bag

Travis 24
09-27-2007, 05:02 PM
This is true. Ray Rice does not agree with taking cheap shots at your former QB after you retired.. >:0

ironman4579
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM

It seems to me that people aren't running down Rice, as you claim in your first post, but that you are trying to run down Hart. First, Rutgers lists Rice at 205, Michigan lists Hart at 202. Not 10 pounds. Second, the whole no-contest thing. Anything you or anyone else has gleaned is all visual at this point. It's really all personal opinion, as I've already said. Until either guy is actually timed or does some lifting etc, there's really nothing to go on that's solid or concrete, so I really don't think you can say "no-contest."

As far as ball security, yes, I really don't think many people can compare with Hart, if any. Rice has I believe 5 fumbles in his career in 604 carries. That a fumble every 121 carries. Hart has I believe 2 fumbles in 877 carries. That's a fumble every 439 carries. To put that in perspective, Rice would have to go another 1596 carries without a fumble to even reach where Hart is now. So no, I don't consider that to be anywhere near the same level. No knock on Rice, but it's just not close.

I do believe that there's a good chance Rice will end up being drafted higher than Hart, although I doubt the difference will be much, maybe a couple of slots. And if Rice doesn't enter and he goes next year, how do you really even compare that? I'm sorry, but these guys are very similiar, and it really comes down to personal preference when comparing them IMO.

SenorGato
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
1. McFadden
2. Stewart
3. Brown
4. Davis
5. Jones/Rice

Brown and Stewart are going to shoot up come combine time. I think Stewart might end up the best pro in the whole group.

I like Felix Jones, he runs much harder than he looks he would. Rice is just a good RB...

Jonny
09-28-2007, 04:49 PM

There's absolutely no evidence for anything they said about Rice. This is a player who simply does not fumble, and they said he has worse ball security. Same for the other knocks.

Green Bay Scat
09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
man is like half rutgers and half michigan fans on this forum, i mean DAMN!!, who cares whos better rice or hart, they probably wont do much in the NFL

ironman4579
09-29-2007, 10:46 AM
There's absolutely no evidence for anything they said about Rice. This is a player who simply does not fumble, and they said he has worse ball security. Same for the other knocks.

Except there actually is evidence for the ball security thing, which I presented above. Again, don't get to so defensive Rutgers fans. Simply because people say Rice has worse ball security, that doesn't mean anyone's saying he has BAD ball security.

ironman4579
09-29-2007, 10:50 AM
man is like half rutgers and half michigan fans on this forum, i mean DAMN!!, who cares whos better rice or hart, they probably wont do much in the NFL

I think they could both actually be good every down backs in the right system and if given a chance somewhere despite their physical limitations. But you do kind of have a point. This is the junior RB ranking thread, and there's probably more posts about Mike Hart in here than just about anyone, and honestly, I think because of the lack of measurables, the earliest either of them goes is probably the 3rd round anyway.

Xiomera
09-29-2007, 10:51 AM

There isn't a single back in college football that has better ball security than Hart, so I woulnd't bother tying to make that argument in favor of Rice. Hart has ONE career fumble, and it came in the first month of his freshman year. He has 900 consecutive touches without a fumble.

Just thought I would chime in on that argument. Rice is good. Hart is better.

ironman4579
09-29-2007, 11:09 AM
There isn't a single back in college football that has better ball security than Hart, so I woulnd't bother tying to make that argument in favor of Rice. Hart has ONE career fumble, and it came in the first month of his freshman year. He has 900 consecutive touches without a fumble.

Just thought I would chime in on that argument. Rice is good. Hart is better.

Techinically you're right xio. When I did up the numbers for Hart, I also took into account his second career fumble last year againt Ball State. But officially that one doesn't count according to the NCAA, so you are actually technically correct. But for fairness sake, I used 2 fumbles for Hart. As you can see from the numbers above though, it really doesn't make much of a difference, as Hart still dominates that category.

P-L
09-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Prove, with facts that Ray Rice is better than Mike Hart in at least two of those four things, or stop complaining. You are being a Rutgers homer. Those weren't knocks on Rice at all. No one said Rice had "bad" anything. Being "not as good" as Mike Hart isn't a knock at all. We're talking about the same guy who if he ran .1 second faster in the 40 and was 2" taller, would be an elite RB prospect. No one has knocked Rice at all in this thread, but because they aren't drooling all over him you want to believe they are.

scottyboy
09-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Prove, with facts that Ray Rice is better than Mike Hart in at least two of those four things, or stop complaining. You are being a Rutgers homer. Those weren't knocks on Rice at all. No one said Rice had "bad" anything. Being "not as good" as Mike Hart isn't a knock at all. We're talking about the same guy who if he ran .1 second faster in the 40 and was 2" taller, would be an elite RB prospect. No one has knocked Rice at all in this thread, but because they aren't drooling all over him you want to believe they are.

here's a fact: Ray Rice=God :D

i was playing around with defending Rice, Hart has insane security. The stat they showed during the PSU game was ridiculous. Rice's is great, Hart's is out of this world.

Jonny
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm the one who's been telling people that Rice won't be drafted very highly because he only runs a 4.6. Hardly a homer.

How exactly do you measure "vision"? Pass protection? Teel never takes any hits, I don't think that has anything to do with the RBs even though Rice has been really good in that this year. Worse stamina? Rice gets run into the ground by Schiano. As far as receiving goes, Rice has been thrown to a little more this year. Why are you demanding evidence for something that was never supported in the first place?

Really, everything you said is ridiculous. I'm a big fan of both players, and have been telling everyone that the scouts are wrong, Hart will be a good player in the NFL.

Hart is having a bad game so far today, even though that probably has a lot more to do with their playcalling today and vs. Penn State.

lod01
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Admittedly, I don't know alot about this guy, but I see he's been very good so far this year against some dece competition.

What's the word?

I'd like to know that. This is an interesting tidbit.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=280195

The best running back in the nation may not be Arkansas' Darren McFadden after all. UCF's Kevin Smith is turning the heads of NFL scouts. "I don't know if McFadden, the way he runs, can handle 16 games of pounding," says one AFC scout. "Smith's body is sculpted. He has great vision and speed. He's a beast." This argument will last through next April. Expect both juniors to leave early for the NFL. . .

Speed is nothing without vision.

draftguru151
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
He really has great vision, especially when it comes to finding cut back lanes. He's a pretty good all around runner, speed/power wise and has pretty good speed and explosiveness. Haven't seen a whole lot of him (oddly enough since I go to his school) but from what I've seen he definitely looks like a pro back. As far as the McFadden stuff, don't see that, but he is definitely a top 10 back, in that 5-7 range.

georgiafan
10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
He isn't a junior, but what do yall think about Thomas Brown from UGA ? He is having a great senior year averaging 5.5 ypc. He is only 200 pounds, but is one of the strongest guys on the team. He hurt his knee last year so that will hurt his NFL stock i'm sure. I've always thought he would be a good for a team like denver.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/685237.html highlights from last week game

P-L
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
He isn't a junior, but what do yall think about Thomas Brown from UGA ? He is having a great senior year averaging 5.5 ypc. He is only 200 pounds, but is one of the strongest guys on the team. He hurt his knee last year so that will hurt his NFL stock i'm sure. I've always that he would be a good for a team like denver.

http://georgia.scout.com/2/685237.html highlights from last week game

Brown is having a helluva season, but he's 5'8" (probably 5'7"). That alone is going to really hurt him. If he continues producing the way he has, I could see a team take a flier on him sometime on Day Two.

sodar21
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
What do people think of Javon Ringer? 5'9, 200 lbs, good speed.

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Brown is having a helluva season, but he's 5'8" (probably 5'7"). That alone is going to really hurt him. If he continues producing the way he has, I could see a team take a flier on him sometime on Day Two.

His return ability should help as well.

justin sandy
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
jonathan stewart > darren mcfadden

lod01
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Mendenhall will crack the top 5 when the year is over.

I'm going to say that's quite possible. Is it him or a great OL or a combination of the 2? He is looking good.

Geo
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I've put this off long enough. This is of course, subject to change.

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas. His frame/build might be worrisome, but his play has removed those concerns for me. He's the number one back in this draft, the guy bursts through the line of scrimmage like I've never seen before, and he's capable of breaking a big run every time he touches the ball. He also does a good job of avoiding the hard hits from what I've seen, and his versatile experience at Arkansas is a definite plus - especially as a receiving threat.

2. James Davis, Clemson. I've shared my like for both Clemson backs for two years now, I am a big fan of both Davis and CJ Spiller (Marshall Faulk imo). In Davis' case, I love his blend of quickness, vision, and power. He'll probably need to back up his great play with his pre-draft preformance, his speed and quickness especially, but he's my second back.

3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon. I have liked a great deal of what I have seen of Stewart this year, and honestly I think there's more to see but it won't be realized in that Oregon Ducks offense that gets too cute at times for my taste. Stewart to me is a definite pro prospect playing in a college offense, and I think he'll live up to or be very close to the measurables that have been rumored (except for the 5' 9" height thing, I don't see that at all. Again, where did that come from?). Stewart is the de facto #2 runningback imo, unless someone else can take it from him.

4. Steve Slaton, West Virginia. I love his vision, I think he'll make a very good all-purpose back with his receiving ability. I was very glad to see he added some bulk to his frame before this season, it makes him a better pro prospect. Slaton could be as high as #2 imo, especially depending on the team/offense in question, but today I'll put him at 4.

5. Felix Jones, Arkansas. Hmm, I think I'll put Jones here. He does a very good job of reading the field ahead of him from what I've seen, be it a a runningback or a return man. Which coupled with his speed, has made him also very effective at Arkansas.

robert_in_bigd
10-05-2007, 03:28 PM
jonathan stewart > darren mcfadden

I am not so sure about that at this time but I will say this about Stewart

1) He is rumored to have 4.3 speed at 5"11 230 lbs.
2) He was the #1 RB prospect in the Country 3 years ago
3) He is a load to bring down and is NFL ready in that sense
4) He has great feet
5) His talent is routinely underutilized in the Oregon Offense.
6) He can pass block
7) He average 50 yards per kickoff as a Freshman. Hester never did that.

wvfan14
10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Slaton is going to be a Reggie Bush-like player in the NFL. He doesn't seem big enough or strong enough to be a back who takes 30+ carries per game.

WCH
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
What do people think of Javon Ringer? 5'9, 200 lbs, good speed.

I think that he's an outstanding pro prospect, and I think that if it weren't for an injury last year (tore an MCL, was back in the lineup five weeks later) he would get a lot more national recognition. He's got good vision, top-notch run instincts, and breakaway speed. He's also emerging as a reliable receiving threat.

I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually goes in the first round. If he went to an SEC school instead of Michigan St. then a lot more people would be singing his praises.

vatech=accdomination
10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Ore shouldnt be on their, he now runs like a 6 second 40. he fielded a kickoff at the 15, ran in a straight line and got to the 21.