PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams Oct 1

The Legend
09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Suspended running back Ricky Williams is eligible to seek reinstatement by the NFL after Oct. 1 and will do so, his lawyer said Friday

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g4eG5lH4hSLfwpjX0q-Fz5PlCjmg

do you think he will be reinstated?, many people think if reinstated he will be cut by the phins

Don Shula believes that the team should give Ricky Williams the opportunity to come back to the NFL, either with the Dolphins or another team

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2007/sep/21/fbn-shula-21/

The Legend
09-27-2007, 06:53 AM
does it matter? i can't imagine he has any chance of ever starting in the nfl again.

good point but you look at teams like the packers who 3 rookies could use a vet at running back i dont see this happen by any chance but just a point of Slight possibility

TimD
09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
good point but you look at teams like the packers who 3 rookies could use a vet at running back i dont see this happen by any chance but just a point of Slight possibility

yeah but who wants a bad influence in the locker room...

Scotty D
09-27-2007, 08:38 AM
The Packers would be a nice fit. They should make that move. I'm sure all it would take is a non guaranteed deal. I don't think teams will be fighting to sign him.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2007, 08:44 AM
I could see Ricky returning to NO since they don't have a solid RB anymore this year.

OzTitan
09-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Still beats me up how great he could have been if he wasn't a headcase. That 1800+ season he had with the Phins was insane because he carried that team. I think they went 10-6 didn't they? Can't imagine it would have been anywhere as good without him.

I try not to bring up the Titans for the sake of it as much as I can but, in all honesty, the closest match I think in the NFL physical wise to Ricky is Chris Henry. About the same size, same sort of physical freakyness. Now if only he had a quarter of his vision.

The Legend
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Still beats me up how great he could have been if he wasn't a headcase. That 1800+ season he had with the Phins was insane because he carried that team. I think they went 10-6 didn't they? Can't imagine it would have been anywhere as good without him.

I try not to bring up the Titans for the sake of it as much as I can but, in all honesty, the closest match I think in the NFL physical wise to Ricky is Chris Henry. About the same size, same sort of physical freakyness. Now if only he had a quarter of his vision.

rickys vision was something else, when he came back he still prove to me had a good vision ... not as good maybe but still impressive

bigbluedefense
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Ricky isn't a bad influence. He's just an idiot. But a very very talented idiot.

Let's face it, no one will give him anything more than the minimum. And even at his age and shape, show me a better available RB out there for the veterans minimum than Ricky Williams. His vision is amazing, and he's already proven that he can come back and be effective even with lacking physical ability like he did the first time he came back.

I wouldn't mind him on the Giants.

Man_Of_Steel
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Williams is still gonna be a phenominal RB, he will def get a chance.

PoopSandwich
09-27-2007, 10:32 AM
How about the Texans?

I mean he played for Texas, it's meant to be.

Scar
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Lots of teams with glaring needs at RB, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, come to mind just off the top of my head. Heck, I wouldn't even be so sure the Fins cut him, they've looked awful.

Don Vito
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
If he went back to New Orleans I would laugh. It makes sense because Decue is out, but he should be back in 08.

Twiddler
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I guess he would be a possiblitity for the Packers. And while I originally thought the whole "Ted Thompson likes character guys so he won't risk it with him" arguement I realized how this is kind of similar to us signing Koren Robinson last year. Could happen.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I get mad everytime i talk about him to this day smh...He was probably one of the 5 most talented backs the NFL has ever seen, and had everything you needed to be one of the greatest ever, its easy to see why the Saints traded their entire drafte for him, which is wierd beause he could come back and still help this team probably more then any other one available for the league minimum...but lets not forget he will have to be tested probably twice a week and its not a lock he passes all of them....

but NO, the titans, Packers all could be decent fits, all are teams with playoff aspirations and would take a chance if it was cheap enough

scottyboy
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Mike Ditka will trade Mortensen, Emmit Smith, Dan Marino, Boomer and Jackson to get Ricky in the espn studio

The Legend
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I guess he would be a possiblitity for the Packers. And while I originally thought the whole "Ted Thompson likes character guys so he won't risk it with him" arguement I realized how this is kind of similar to us signing Koren Robinson last year. Could happen.

i would take Ricky Williams over Koren Robinson, i feel we are way deeper at wideout

yourfavestoner
09-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Ricky isn't a bad influence. He's just an idiot. But a very very talented idiot.

Let's face it, no one will give him anything more than the minimum. And even at his age and shape, show me a better available RB out there for the veterans minimum than Ricky Williams. His vision is amazing, and he's already proven that he can come back and be effective even with lacking physical ability like he did the first time he came back.

I wouldn't mind him on the Giants.

He's not an idiot. He just didn't want to play football. He probably still doesn't want to play football, but, hey, you've gotta pay the bills somehow.

eaglesfan_45
09-27-2007, 07:50 PM
of course he'll be back he has no shot at starting unless something terrible happens to a a starter and their backup, however if I was a Gm i wouldn't pick him up he retired because he didn't have a passion for the game anymore he is just coming back to get pay bills and buy some weed. Ricky Williams and Micheal Vick are two of the biggest idiots I've ever seen they screwed up their amazing careers by doing stupid stuff.

yourfavestoner
09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
of course he'll be back he has no shot at starting unless something terrible happens to a a starter and their backup, however if I was a Gm i wouldn't pick him up he retired because he didn't have a passion for the game anymore he is just coming back to get pay bills and buy some weed. Ricky Williams and Micheal Vick are two of the biggest idiots I've ever seen they screwed up their amazing careers by doing stupid stuff.

UGHHH.
Maybe one day people will understand that having an amazing NFL career isn't important to everybody.

eaglesfan_45
09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
UGHHH.
Maybe one day people will understand that having an amazing NFL career isn't important to everybody.

Think of all the money these guys could have if they would freaking stop screwing off off the field. What idiots, you are given truck loads of talent milllions of dollars and what do you do? throw it away.

yourfavestoner
09-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Think of all the money these guys could have if they would freaking stop screwing off off the field. What idiots, you are given truck loads of talent milllions of dollars and what do you do? throw it away.

I'm not talking about Michael Vick. Michael Vick is an idiot.

The Ricky Williams situation is entirely different. Yes, he was given amazing talents and had the opportunity to make millions of dollars playing football. Except he didn't want to. He chose to explore other options in his life that interested him more. How can you hate on that? Especially considering he has been diagnosed with a personality disorder that causes him to hate being in the spotlight and receiving attention.

Newsflash: not everybody wants to be a professional athlete/celebrity. Not everybody likes being famous. Everybody is different.

BX
09-27-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah but who wants a bad influence in the locker room...

How is Ricky Williams a bad influence?

The Legend
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
How is Ricky Williams a bad influence?

yeah hes not i hear he barley talks

Dolfan2788
09-27-2007, 11:39 PM
UGHHH.

Ricky Williams still likes playing football and he also isn't a bad locker room guy. He's quiet and he's very hard working as testament to his teammates and Saban's reaction of him when he came back in '05.

What his problem is, is that he hates attention, the media and the spotlight. On top of this he has somewhat of an anxiety disorder that makes people with it prone to resort to bad habits et cetera when they are nervous. See his positive drug test before the 06 season.

If he does come back I doubt that he will be back for long as I think he just isn't cut out for the life of an NFL player. He is no doubt talented enough in my opinion to be considered up there with LT and probably better than LJ on football talent alone. But time and again its proven in this league that talent is not going to make you a good player or assure you a roster spot. He just isn't the kind of guy that can be an NFL player.

brat316
09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Come next season training camp time some team will be down a rb, and will be left with rookies or inexperienced starters. They will be like hell lets give Ricky a shot can't hurt to give him a 1yr deal with vet min. at 850,000 i think. Someone will pick him up next yr.

I dont see anyone taking him this year, because there is no way he could be in football shape. Ricky seeks reinstatement Oct. 1 what 2 weeks later he finds out, then Phins cut him. People realize he isn't in shape, next year comes around someone picks him up.

ninerfan
09-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Ah big risk I wouldnt want him but you never know

ks_perfection
09-28-2007, 08:49 PM
He'll make a decent backup, but he is very unreliable so a team shouldn't release its current backup.