PDA

View Full Version : Vince Wilfork

eaglesfan_45
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
:eek: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3039734

in no way shape or form am I a patriots fan but come on. This is football a proffesional contact sport. Jp Losman got injured fricken whoop de doo. Contact sport people things happen. The reason the NFL is so Popular is because it is a contact sport. Guys get injured it is a part of the game and if you can't take that you should not be playing. Pretty soon the NFL will be NFFL National Flag Football Leauge and when that happens Reggie Bush can dominate. Come on Roger Goodell you can do better than this!!

remix 6
09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
i hope Losman is okay but Wilforks hit was NOT dirty. he was being double teamed. he said tripped/hit in the leg by the Bills OL. no way is Vince a dirty player

the fine is unfair but if they did it to other players, might aswell fine him too. 12k is nothing..should've been less though..more like 7 if anything

Bills2083
09-27-2007, 07:15 PM
If he tore is ACL, would you think it's news worthy?

BrownsTown
09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
i hope Losman is okay but Wilforks hit was NOT dirty. he was being double teamed. he said tripped/hit in the leg by the Bills OL. no way is Vince a dirty player

the fine is unfair but if they did it to other players, might aswell fine him too. 12k is nothing..should've been less though..more like 7 if anything

How dare anyone accuse a Patriot! They're all saints!

P-L
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
How dare anyone accuse a Patriot! They're all saints!
He has a point, Kimo von Oelhoffen wasn't fined for his hit on Carson Palmer. Granted, it was a different commissioner, but it sets a bad precendent if you're going to fine every hit that causes an injury. It wasn't a cheap shot at all, Wilfork was tackled into Losman by Melvin Fowler.

eaglesfan_45
09-27-2007, 07:46 PM
If he tore is ACL, would you think it's news worthy?

of course it would have been news worthy but it is a contact sport and people get hurt there should not be a fine for every little injury out there.

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Not dirty?! Are you kidding me!?

Watch it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eprofootballtalk%2Ecom%2Fru mormill%2Ehtm)

Tell me that isn't dirty... tell me that, when you get pushed and fall to the groud, you throw your elbow OUT. ********. When you fall, you naturally shift hands/elbows/arms towards the GROUND to absorb the impact... not throw them in front of you.

It was a dirty hit, and was done after Losman released the ball. "Letting the players play" is one thing... but punishing a player for a cheap (and illegal) shot is another.

Smooth Criminal
09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Wilfork has had a history of being called a dirty player by other teams offensive linemen aswell. Looking at that hit I don't think it looks like anything to serious but if Keisel got fined for his preseason hit on Campbell then Wilfork should definately be fined aswell.

art vandelay
09-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'm assuming that most of the comments above never saw the hit. It was CLEARLY a cheat shot. He extended his forearm right into JP's knee. He probably did this since JP had said earlier in the week that he wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that the Patriots had cheated against the Bills since the CB's were always in the right place at the right time. I'm guessing that that didn't sit well with Belicheck and he told his lineman to take out JP.

Ravens1991
09-27-2007, 09:02 PM
It looks like the o-lineman hand tripped Wilfork then Wilfork hit Losman IMO. I think Vince just put his arm out to catch his fall.

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Wilfork has had a history of being called a dirty player by other teams offensive linemen aswell. Looking at that hit I don't think it looks like anything to serious but if Keisel got fined for his preseason hit on Campbell then Wilfork should definately be fined aswell.

It may not have looked like anything too serious, but he made extra effort to make contact with Losman... after he threw the ball. And, look at the result... Losman is injured.

Dirty... and he could've gotten more for it.

BrownsTown
09-27-2007, 09:06 PM
It looks like the o-lineman hand tripped Wilfork then Wilfork hit Losman IMO. I think Vince just put his arm out to catch his fall.

He didn't, TacticaLion made a good point. It looked like he specifically stuck out his elbow to hit Losman.

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 09:06 PM

I put the link out there... go watch it. He did NOT put his arm out to "catch his fall". If he did, he would've put it towards the ground and not towards Losman's knee.

Smooth Criminal
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Wilfork definately threw his elbow out but I have a hard time believeing that in game speed he had the time to think that he could take a cheap shot while falling to the ground.

Of course in slow motion it looks like he could have avoided the contact but in real game time I'm sure that was nothing but momentum.

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Wilfork definately threw his elbow out but I have a hard time believeing that in game speed he had the time to think that he could take a cheap shot while falling to the ground.

Of course in slow motion it looks like he could have avoided the contact but in real game time I'm sure that was nothing but momentum.

That's what I have a problem with. If you look at seconds 23-30, you see him falling with his elbow to the ground... then PUSH his elbow towards Losman. It's two different motions... he makes an effort to do it.

Green Bay Scat
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
wow that was horrible. He put his arm out also even with his body. besides if he was going for the TACKLE he would try and rap his arm round his leg, not elbow him right in the knee. They were saying Carson Palmer career couldve been over, that elbow was almost like that one, if hed been tripped later, i would say Losmans career would be over(or at least not the same)

That's what I have a problem with. If you look at seconds 23-30, you see him falling with his elbow to the ground... then PUSH his elbow towards Losman. It's two different motions... he makes an effort to do it.

i see what ur sayin, at the last second u see his elbow go from about 90 degrees to about 125 degrees, if he wouldve kept his elbow normal he wouldve landed on his ankle at worst. also he doesnt look back at Losman, signaling that he knew this was gonna happen, when Kimo did it, he actually cared about Palmer

remix 6
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
the video shows a lineman on Wilforks feet as he gets tripped up.

its either the elbow or a helmet/shoulder pad. i think if he stuck out his elbow on purpose its to prevent anything serious

he doesnt have a history of being dirty. he said himself..only time he got caleld dirty was when he came to Patriots, head butted a guy on the team i think

BrownsTown
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM

its either the elbow or a helmet/shoulder pad. i think if he stuck out his elbow on purpose its to prevent anything serious

he doesnt have a history of being dirty. he said himself..only time he got caleld dirty was when he came to Patriots, head butted a guy on the team i think

Do you ever get tired of blindly defending Patriot players?

Green Bay Scat
09-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Man remix 6, you've got balls of steel

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
its either the elbow or a helmet/shoulder pad. i think if he stuck out his elbow on purpose its to prevent anything seriousThis is incredible.

How in the WORLD can you honestly say that he deliberately stuck his elbow into the knee of an opposing player "to prevent anything serious"? Are you kidding me!?

There's no way to condone or justify this. Watch the video. Watch second 25... where he deliberately moves his elbow from its natural, falling angle INTO Losman's knee.

Please... just stop. It's way too obvious.

Green Bay Scat
09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
This is incredible.

How in the WORLD can you honestly say that he deliberately stuck his elbow into the knee of an opposing player "to prevent anything serious"? Are you kidding me!?

There's no way to condone or justify this. Watch the video. Watch second 25... where he deliberately moves his elbow from its natural, falling angle INTO Losman's knee.

im gonna rep you for a week, you always make good arguments, and this is by far the most common sense one, to not see it u must be blind, or a patriots fan

princefielder28
09-27-2007, 09:41 PM
this is trash by the NFL

BrownsTown
09-27-2007, 09:44 PM
this is trash by the NFL

Ugh...look at the video.

TacticaLion
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
this is trash by the NFL
Which makes me think of another common thought:
Jp Losman got injured fricken whoop de doo. Contact sport people things happen. The reason the NFL is so Popular is because it is a contact sport. Guys get injured it is a part of the game and if you can't take that you should not be playing.Right. Considering it was not only late... and illegal...

Imagine the NFL if late, cheap hits were allowed... especially against QBs. If teams are willing to record the opposing team's defensive play calls... or knowingly take illegal performance enhancing drugs to give them an "edge"... or gouge eyes and scratch at the bottom of a pile... imagine what they'd do to a QB! A QB! One of, if not the MOST important position in the NFL.

"Manning drops back... buys time... throws the ball deep to Harrison... Harrison catches it... he's moving to the 20 - the 10 - the 5 - TOUCHDOWN! Oh wait... a late hit against Manning has him down on the ground. He's not moving."

That would be the last TD pass Manning threw.

If a team wanted to win an easy game, they'd just aim for the "late hit to the legs" against the opposing team's starting QB. And, what would happen? That team would do the same in return. QBs in the NFL wouldn't exist, but RBs would receive snaps and occasionally throw the ball.

This isn't "trash" by the NFL... and if it happened to Favre, McNabb, Manning, or Brady, it would be a much bigger deal. Manning out for the YEAR with a broken leg? Players careers would be ended and their lives crippled.

You think concussions are bad now? Imagine if late hits (especially against QBs) were allowed in the NFL.

tylerb929
09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Watch second 25... where he deliberately moves his elbow from its natural, falling angle INTO Losman's knee.

Yeah, you have to watch it a couple times to really pick it up, but that was DEFINATELY intentional. Either that, or Wilfork is a proffesional athlete with no sense of balance or reflexes, which I find VERY hard to believe.

BroadwayJoe10
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
i just wanted to point out that football is not a contact sport, dancing is a contact sport. Football...is a collision sport. Ok, well now that that is said and done it is pretty hard to beleive that he didn't try to hit losman on purpose. I hate to be that nerdy science guy, but... The said angle he was falling at was altered about a few feet from the ground. If you watch a person fall they try to land on their arm or shoulder area. Bracing yourself from falling is close to being an innate behavior. If he was trying to "protect himself" he would either keep his elbow/forearm in the same angle it was at or maybe more towards his body, by changing his angle and moving his arm towards losman (away from himesly) he is exposing more of his body, which leads to a higher risk of bodily harm. Since this is programmed inside of our body from our DNA (there are many examples of this, grasping, moro, swimming, facial expressions etc.) and is set off by a triger, in this case the trigger would be falling, the response (innate behavior) would be placing ones' arm between the ground and body. This helps prevent the body, which encloses all of your vital organs, from getting hurt and sacrifices a lesser appendage. When he moved his arm away from his body he simply left himself in a more hazardous position. His mind & body made sure his arm was in the right position to save himself from harm, he simply chose to move his arm to a different angle which was to hit losman. Whether he wanted to injure him or not no one knows but him, but he did intend to hit him. You can say that he moved his arm becuase he thought it would help prevent injury, but unless wilfork denies all that is known about behavior and genetics he meant to hit losman.

Bills2083
09-27-2007, 10:11 PM

besides this one...

"I'm far from a dirty player," Wilfork told the NFL Network. "If you know me as a person, you'd understand that. If you don't know me, don't judge me. If you don't know me, get to know me."

But this is not the first time Wilfork has been accused of playing dirty against the Bills. In a Bills-Patriots game in Buffalo on Oct. 3, 2004, Wilfork was accused by former Bills offensive linemen Jonas Jennings and Chris Villarrial of taking cheap shots at them during the game.

The incident happened behind the play. Following a six-yard completion from Drew Bledsoe to Eric Moulds, Jennings who was blocking Richard Seymour on the play was blindsided by Wilfork who initiated a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Buffalo tackle.

The hit cracked Jennings helmet near his jaw and Jennings was knocked out cold sustaining a concussion.

"It was almost like it was premeditated, like they set me up," Jennings told the Associated Press at the time.

Jennings had exchanged words with Wilfork earlier in that game when he saw the defensive tackle kick Villarrial in the ribs when he was on the ground following a first quarter field goal by Rian Lindell.

"It was a dirty thing to do," Villarrial told the AP a few days after the game. "Let's be obvious, anybody that's down on the ground, you don't kick them."

Losman, who was a rookie with the Bills that season, said he remembered the incident.

YAYareaRB
09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Easily one of the dirtiest hits I've seen thus far. If you looked at the different angle they showed while watching the game(Which was right behind the line of scrimmage).. In order for Wilfork's elbow to end up hitting the knee of Losman, he had to angle his elbow towards Losman. Sure you could make the argument that he was going towards the QB, but Losman got rid of the ball already.

Green Bay Scat
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
his elbow went for a 90 degree angle to about a 125 degree angle at his knee, it was intentional

Shiver
09-27-2007, 11:05 PM
That was a very dirty hit. I don't know how it's being argued otherwise. It was deliberate, unlike the Kimo play, an incident that was mentioned here in comparison.

bored of education
09-27-2007, 11:11 PM
the fact he purposely made contact after the ball was thrown, a shot directly into the kneee makesi t dirty. a low hit is dirty, a late hit is dirty

a low late hit is dirty

goodlookin
09-28-2007, 01:05 AM
if you watch the video you can see his fall begins as losman is delivering the ball and was most certainly pushed as he is completely off balance. It also looks that when his feet werent underneath him, he tripped over himself, I could be wrong. his body is extended yes but if the elbow didnt hit him it would of been the full force of 320+ pounds crashing down somewhere between the knee and ankle. That would of had a much bigger impact, either way its hard to judge because of different variables

Addict
09-28-2007, 02:03 AM
the fact he purposely made contact after the ball was thrown, a shot directly into the kneee makesi t dirty. a low hit is dirty, a late hit is dirty

a low late hit is dirty

especially on the knee, which is already a fragile joint. That's the kind of hit that ends a career.

not that losman had much of a career so far, but that's a different discussion.

LonghornsLegend
09-28-2007, 02:53 AM
WOW@Remix trying to defend that play...smh

I can definately see why Losman isnt picking up the phone call, I wouldnt either...that actually made my stomach hurt to see his knee bend like that, he's really really lucky he can come back, those types of career can turn you into daunte culpepper before you know it

Green Bay Scat
09-28-2007, 02:57 AM
the only reason to say sorry is cause u got caught, if nothing happened, he wouldnt say sorry

Shiver
09-28-2007, 03:03 AM
WOW@Remix trying to defend that play...smh

I can definately see why Losman isnt picking up the phone call, I wouldnt either...that actually made my stomach hurt to see his knee bend like that, he's really really lucky he can come back, those types of career can turn you into daunte culpepper before you know it

Remix works in the team's PR department.

remix 6
09-28-2007, 05:26 AM
defend what? a NT who got tripped into a QB? okay.

duckseason
09-28-2007, 05:48 AM

Perhaps you're thinking of a different play? Because it's quite apparent that this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2525512296326720648&q=vince+wilfork&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1) was an intentional shot at Losman's knee. You've gotta be wearing some pretty thick-ass goggles in order to distort those images enough to see anything other than a voluntary blow to the knee.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Either the hit was malicious or careless. Either way Wilfork should be fined.

BufFan71
09-28-2007, 06:56 AM
only 12K?
Derrick Dockery got fined 5K for not having his straps buckled against NE

and that hit WAS dirty, idc wat u say
when you fall u have the ability to move slightly, and you dont "PUT up" your elbow to stop your fall, esp when u are 300lbs+

TacticaLion
09-28-2007, 07:39 AM
if you watch the video you can see his fall begins as losman is delivering the ball and was most certainly pushed as he is completely off balance. It also looks that when his feet werent underneath him, he tripped over himself, I could be wrong. his body is extended yes but if the elbow didnt hit him it would of been the full force of 320+ pounds crashing down somewhere between the knee and ankle. That would of had a much bigger impact, either way its hard to judge because of different variablesWhat *might* have happened is unknown. I'd rather someone fall on my foot, though, than stick an elbow into my knee.

Regardless, it was completely intentional. There's no way you can suggest that, while falling, Vince Wilfork intentionally stuck his elbow into Losman's knee to try to lessen the impact.

It's over. He meant to do it, it was a cheap shot, he was punished for it and it's over.

Addict
09-28-2007, 10:22 AM

more like a NT elbowslamming a QB's knee.

TacticaLion
09-28-2007, 10:31 AM
more like a NT elbowslamming a QB's knee.
Nah. He was double-teamed... and stumbled over his own feet... and fell forward... and, to defend himself (and to minimize the damage), he tried to steady his 325 lb body with the point of his elbow... against a QBs knee.

We've all seen it... and we all know it was dirty.

remix 6
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Perhaps you're thinking of a different play? Because it's quite apparent that this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2525512296326720648&q=vince+wilfork&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1) was an intentional shot at Losman's knee. You've gotta be wearing some pretty thick-ass goggles in order to distort those images enough to see anything other than a voluntary blow to the knee.

perhaps you missed #67 on offense at Wilforks feet as they both fell.

BrownsTown
09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
perhaps you missed #67 on offense at Wilforks feet as they both fell.

Yea...cause you know everyone sticks their elbow out at a 120 degree angle when they fall. This is a CLEAR cheap shot, one of the easiest fines I've ever seen. Anyone defending that is clearly a homer or deluded.

Jughead10
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I know its unrelateed but I didn't see a thread for spygate. But Jimmy Johnson just admitted to doing the same thing with the Cowboys 18 years ago. Says he learned it from the Chiefs at the time.

Jvig43
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I know its unrelateed but I didn't see a thread for spygate. But Jimmy Johnson just admitted to doing the same thing with the Cowboys 18 years ago. Says he learned it from the Chiefs at the time.

your brave for posting that, most ppl will give negative rep to anyone whp says anything defending the pats, even if its just their opinion.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-28-2007, 08:56 PM
You have to be a new breed of blind homer to try to defend that dirty ass hit, one of the worst things Ive seen in a while, and Wilfork should be suspended.

bored of education
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
the fact that he made it a point to make contact makes it dirty, esp the elbow, lateness, location etc

remix 6
09-28-2007, 09:39 PM
You have to be a new breed of blind homer to try to defend that dirty ass hit, one of the worst things Ive seen in a while, and Wilfork should be suspended.

Losman is so good..we've never shut him down before, hes constantly thrown for over 300 yards with great passer rating. hes the hardest player to stop in the league. we must hurt him each game because hes a threat with those long ball INTs

TacticaLion
09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Losman is so good..we've never shut him down before, hes constantly thrown for over 300 yards with great passer rating. hes the hardest player to stop in the league. we must hurt him each game because hes a threat with those long ball INTsAre you JOKING!?

So, a cheap, late hit can be justified depending on the talent level/production of the victim?! ********. Complete ********.

It doesn't matter how good the player is or how important the play is... a cheap shot like the one Wilfork took is complete garbage and has no place in the NFL.

Period.

remix 6
09-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Are you JOKING!?

So, a cheap, late hit can be justified depending on the talent level/production of the victim?! ********. Complete ********.

It doesn't matter how good the player is or how important the play is... a cheap shot like the one Wilfork took is complete garbage and has no place in the NFL.

Period.

nope but i dont see a motive...that early in a game? Watch the video, read interview. Wilfork had a guy on his leg and another guy pushing him. he stuck his elbow out which is the only way u can accuse him because he did not dive at him..he was tripped

and juding from the elbow, for all we know, he could've been looking to get support so hje doesnt drop striaght down on his face.

TacticaLion
09-28-2007, 10:25 PM
nope but i dont see a motive...that early in a game? Watch the video, read interview. Wilfork had a guy on his leg and another guy pushing him. he stuck his elbow out which is the only way u can accuse him because he did not dive at him..he was tripped

and juding from the elbow, for all we know, he could've been looking to get support so hje doesnt drop striaght down on his face.
You're in denial. Motive? This is the NFL. Players are looking to hurt each other... they want that big hit or the big play. The "motive" is the fact that they've got pads on their shoulders and adrenaline pumping through their veins... and they've been told to hurt their opponent as much as they possibly can (before their opponent hurts them). That's the motive. A defending player doesn't "play nice" under certain circumstances... they play all out and they play to wreck anyone wearing a different jersey.

he stuck his elbow out which is the only way u can accuse himIn other words, you admit that he deliberately did something to injure Losman? Yes, that's the only way I can accuse him of something... and it's the only way I need to accuse him of something. He intentionally stuck his elbow into the knee of the opposing teams QB... after the ball was released.

Now I know you're desperate. What would stop him from "dropping straight down on his face"? Having his arm/elbow between his body and the ground, or having his arm/elbow fully extended outward, away from his body?

Watch the video... second 25. He MOVED his elbow away from the position that would've stopped him from "dropping straight down on his face" and put it in a position to illegally hurt an opposing player. Not tackle. Not hit. Hurt. Injure.

Your argument is weak and full of contradictions... but it isn't your fault. You can't defend this situation. It was clearly illegal and nothing anyone says will change that.

Boston
09-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Just stop. I can't give you more negative rep...

eaglesfan_45
09-29-2007, 12:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3041457

Why does Roger Goodell fine so many people? Does he get the money or something? Does he get a bonus every time he fines someone?

remix 6
09-29-2007, 07:58 AM
In other words, you admit that he deliberately did something to injure Losman? Yes, that's the only way I can accuse him of something... and it's the only way I need to accuse him of something. He intentionally stuck his elbow into the knee of the opposing teams QB... after the ball was released.

Now I know you're desperate. What would stop him from "dropping straight down on his face"? Having his arm/elbow between his body and the ground, or having his arm/elbow fully extended outward, away from his body?

Watch the video... second 25. He MOVED his elbow away from the position that would've stopped him from "dropping straight down on his face" and put it in a position to illegally hurt an opposing player. Not tackle. Not hit. Hurt. Injure.

Your argument is weak and full of contradictions... but it isn't your fault. You can't defend this situation. It was clearly illegal and nothing anyone says will change that.

no i said thats the only possible way you can accuse him because the elbow..he didnt dive at him or anything like that. he got pushed/tackled into him

im sure people have time to think as they are falling that they should stick their elbow out to injure someone

you realize the game didnt go like the slow mo replay right?
“Did I mean to do that? No, far from that. Like I just said, if you know me as a person and a player, it wouldn’t be an issue because they know I have too much respect and love for this game, and for players, for me to be a dirty player. So if you don’t know me, don’t judge me. Point blank, that’s what I want people to know. You have a lot of people out there saying, ‘That was a dirty hit.’ If you don’t know me, get to know me. Because if you know me, that wouldn’t be a question. I’m not a dirty player.”

On the play, Wilfork was falling over from a hit. En route to touching the ground, his right elbow thrust into Losman’s knee. When asked if Bills center Melvin Fowler was riding him on the hit, Wilfork acknowledged that to be the case.

“I have one guy tripping me up, and I have one guy hitting my left leg,” Wilfork said. “Of course, that’s the only reason I was falling. I’m mad at the reason, because he’s hurt. That’s a quarterback. That’s what I regret. Him being a quarterback and getting hurt wasn’t intentional.”

In terms of his elbow flying into Losman’s knee, Wilfork maintained it was purely accidental.

“I have a million and one things going on in my mind,” he said. “You’re tripping, and 300-and-something-pound (lineman) tripping, I have no idea what’s going on. I don’t know where my arm is at. Like I said, it wasn’t intentional.”

i gurantee if this wasnt a PAtriot player u guys wouldnt be such morons.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-29-2007, 08:19 AM
no i said thats the only possible way you can accuse him because the elbow..he didnt dive at him or anything like that. he got pushed/tackled into him

im sure people have time to think as they are falling that they should stick their elbow out to injure someone

you realize the game didnt go like the slow mo replay right?

i gurantee if this wasnt a PAtriot player u guys wouldnt be such morons.

I garauntee if this wasn't a Patriot and you could take off the huge blinders you're obviously wearing you would see that this was an incredibly dirty hit. Wilfork tried to injure Losman, and it doesn't mean he is scared of Losman or worried about him, but he tried to hurt him regardless and he should have been fined more and suspended.

remix 6
09-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I garauntee if this wasn't a Patriot and you could take off the huge blinders you're obviously wearing you would see that this was an incredibly dirty hit. Wilfork tried to injure Losman, and it doesn't mean he is scared of Losman or worried about him, but he tried to hurt him regardless and he should have been fined more and suspended.

if i see a player getting tripped INTO the QB..i wouldnt care if it was rex grossman who hurt someone.

u have no proof he tried to injure Losman.

1. he got tackled into him
2. you dont know Wilfork's situation..from his perspective of what happened with the elbow. we can make 100 different scenarios.

Race for the Heisman
09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
if i see a player getting tripped INTO the QB..i wouldnt care if it was rex grossman who hurt someone.

u have no proof he tried to injure Losman.

1. he got tackled into him
2. you dont know Wilfork's situation..from his perspective of what happened with the elbow. we can make 100 different scenarios.

You're right, we don't have his perspective. We have:

1. Our perspective (Youtube video)
2. Wilfork's past history (allegations/multiple occasions)
3. Losman's reaction (obviously from his perspective it was dirty, and he had a front row seat)

4. Wilfork's statement (denial)

It really is hard to make a case for Wilfork. Losman feels it was intentional, the tape (which never lies, remember) looks like it was intentional, and his past transgressions indicate it may have been intentional. What more do you need?

remix 6
09-29-2007, 09:21 AM
You're right, we don't have his perspective. We have:

1. Our perspective (Youtube video)
2. Wilfork's past history (allegations/multiple occasions)
3. Losman's reaction (obviously from his perspective it was dirty, and he had a front row seat)

4. Wilfork's statement (denial)

It really is hard to make a case for Wilfork. Losman feels it was intentional, the tape (which never lies, remember) looks like it was intentional, and his past transgressions indicate it may have been intentional. What more do you need?

1. it shows him getting tripped/tackled/pushed to the ground
2. Past history. Only time ever accused of anything was when he had a helmet to helmet with Jennings or whoever from Bills. thats it
3. Losman's reaction..Losman said himself he didnt see it happen. He said he was look at the throw after he released it and he just got hit and went down. didnt even see it or expect anything

BufFan71
09-29-2007, 09:51 AM
how are u seriously gonna defend Wilfork after a hit like that?
hes been accused by Jonas Jennings, and Chris Villarial for being a dirty player

BrownsTown
09-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Remix takes homerism to new levels.

bernbabybern820
09-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Damn im a Pats fan and i dont have a problem with remix_6 but these past few weeks your homerism really shows.

Did Wilfork try to hurt Losman? Yes it obviously shows that instead of pointing his elbow down on the grass to break his fall he sticks his elbow out into Losman's knee.

Do i think he tried to injure him seriously? No. Its just that hes a football player and he wants to hurt the opposing player but not injure him.

remix 6
09-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Damn im a Pats fan and i dont have a problem with remix_6 but these past few weeks your homerism really shows.

Did Wilfork try to hurt Losman? Yes it obviously shows that instead of pointing his elbow down on the grass to break his fall he sticks his elbow out into Losman's knee.

Do i think he tried to injure him seriously? No. Its just that hes a football player and he wants to hurt the opposing player but not injure him.

elbow to the grass = injury to the elbow, shoulders, etc

i've seen it happen.

Race for the Heisman
09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
1. it shows him getting tripped/tackled/pushed to the ground
2. Past history. Only time ever accused of anything was when he had a helmet to helmet with Jennings or whoever from Bills. thats it
3. Losman's reaction..Losman said himself he didnt see it happen. He said he was look at the throw after he released it and he just got hit and went down. didnt even see it or expect anything

1. Tripping/tackling/pushing is irrelevent. The elbow is all that matters.
2. I can't find anything about his Miami days so perhaps there really only is one other incident, it doesn't change the fact that is occurred before and against the same team, no less.
3. Not his immediate reaction, but how he has given Wilfork the cold shoulder. He clearly resents Wilfork's actions, most likely beyond any local rivalry or what not.

YAYareaRB
09-29-2007, 11:06 AM
1. You don't break your fall by sticking your elbow out sideways.. You will most likely hurt your rear deltoids, I learned this in my physical training class up at school. He stick his elbow out to deliberately hurt Losman.

2. He has a past. That's all we need to know. If a murderer was on trial, we wouldn't be talking like.. HE ONLY HAD ONE MURDER IN HIS HISTORY, THATS ALL. A murderer is a murderer, A dirty player is a dirty player.

YAYareaRB
09-29-2007, 11:07 AM

i've seen it happen.

Elbow directly to the side could tear your real deltoids.. Luckily for him, Losman's knee broke his fall.

ShutDwn
09-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Jeez, I never saw the elbow. Definitely dirty and it doesn't have an argument like the hit on Trent Green or Palmer.

His head was up, and he had enough balance and time to throw his elbow out there. He could have easily just fallen down.

LonghornsLegend
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Its pointless arguing with anything/anyone that has to do with the patriots, I mean why would anyone on his team do anything wrong?

Its obvious he's in denial, and your abusing the "he got pushed/tackled to the ground" excuse...if i push you onto the ground from standing up, how many scenarios can you play out in your head that would make you stick your elbow sideways instead of tucked close into your body to break your fall?

try it yourself, lean forward and fall, what does natural instincts tell your body to do if you want to soften you fall? land with your hands/elbows tucked in close to you, if you open your elbow you dont soften your fall it makes you fall directly on your face, unless of course you have a qb's leg directly in front of you

its crazy you would dispute this after seeing the film, but of course, if we just read the interview and listen to Wilfork we will all know for a fact that he didnt try to do anything dirty because thats what he said :rolleyes:

VoteLynnSwan
09-29-2007, 12:42 PM
if you watch the video again, after the lineman dives at his ankles, he takes another step, then extends his elbow towards Losman. Ridiculously dirty hit.

TitanHope
09-29-2007, 02:20 PM
What? A defensive lineman going after a quarterback? HOW DARE HE!? The nerve of that man! Everyone knows that a defensive player shouldn't go after a member of the opposing offense! Seize that man before he does anymore heinous acts of injustice!

Look, its a late hit. Big freakin' deal. Don't make it out to be more than it is, and for some of you, don't let a dislike for the Patriots askew your judgment. He hit the dude in the leg after he let go of the ball. He probably just wanted to get contact and know him down. Thats his job. Whether its dirty, it could be. But one act does not make him a dirty player, and I've never heard of another incident with him in it that was considered dirty.

This is an isolated incident, in my view. I think punishment could be warranted, and it has been. Professionals have viewed it, and delt with it. I'm not going to sit here and complain because I know what his intentions were or not.

Its obvious "Goddell" doesn't think this is a big deal. And its fricking Goodell here who punishes at the blink of an eye. Earlier this year, Albert Haynesworth was fined $5,000 for tackling MoJo Drew too roughly.

Dam8610
09-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Why does Roger Goodell fine so many people? Does he get the money or something? Does he get a bonus every time he fines someone?

Better question: Why does Roger Goodell have a double standard when dealing with players (harsh) and when dealing with franchises (soft) in punishments levied?

eaglesfan_45
09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Better question: Why does Roger Goodell have a double standard when dealing with players (harsh) and when dealing with franchises (soft) in punishments levied?

thats a good question too.

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM

He doesn't want people going around injuring players like so. Doing a horse-collar tackle can mess up your neck.

Jonathan_VIlma
09-29-2007, 03:24 PM
That hit was definitley intentional. Anyone who plays football, will realize that when you're being tripped you don't bend your elbow, and try and land on it or else it's going to hurt. I doubt Wilfork is much different. Usually you extend your arms to catch your fall, whereas it looks like Wilfork is doing the Rock elbow drop on Losman's knee.

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 03:28 PM
remix, let's say you were fighting for a playoff spot in week 15. You need to win the next 3 games to reach the playoffs. Then, all of a sudden Larry Tripplett "falls" into Tom Brady's knee, just in the manner that Wilfork did. Now, Brady's out for the next 2 weeks.

You're going to tell me that you're fine with it?

Dam8610
09-29-2007, 05:20 PM
remix, let's say you were fighting for a playoff spot in week 15. You need to win the next 3 games to reach the playoffs. Then, all of a sudden Larry Tripplett "falls" into Tom Brady's knee, just in the manner that Wilfork did. Now, Brady's out for the next 2 weeks.

You're going to tell me that you're fine with it?

DON'T YOU SEE HOW DIFFERENT THAT SITUATION IS?! TOM BRADY PLAYS FOR THE PATRIOTS, SO OF COURSE THAT WOULD BE A DIRTY HIT BY TRIPLETT!

Boston
09-29-2007, 08:11 PM

i've seen it happen.

I guess it'd be best for Losman to potentially tear an ACL than for Wilfork to get his elbow grass stained. My god, you are ******* pathetic.

robert_in_bigd
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
For what it is worth, I saw the hitLive onTV and immediately thought it was a cheap hit.

To the Patriots fans, I hope someone mistakeningly rolls onto Brady's knees and accidently ends his career.

I also so hope every team in the NFL tapes the Patriots and uses it to their "non-advantage."

** God, used to like this team but the volume of enablers and aplogists is sickening. I hope they all blow out their knees this year so I don't have to hear about them.

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 09:17 PM
DON'T YOU SEE HOW DIFFERENT THAT SITUATION IS?! TOM BRADY PLAYS FOR THE PATRIOTS, SO OF COURSE THAT WOULD BE A DIRTY HIT BY TRIPLETT!

Everyone knows thats what every Patriots fan would do. (even though they defend Wilfork)

eaglesfan_45
09-30-2007, 01:33 AM
So how many guys do you think Roger Goodell is going to fine this week? We should start making wagers JK :rolleyes: my guess goes for 5:eek:

eaglesfan_45
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
This is no longer a Vince Wilfork thread it is now a thread for all fines, suspensions and dirty plays that you think players should get fined for.

remix 6
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Vince is appealing this. we'll see how it it goes.

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
For what it is worth, I saw the hitLive onTV and immediately thought it was a cheap hit.

To the Patriots fans, I hope someone mistakeningly rolls onto Brady's knees and accidently ends his career.

I also so hope every team in the NFL tapes the Patriots and uses it to their "non-advantage."

someone get this kid a shriley temple

eaglesfan_45
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Johnathan Joseph is suspended for violating the league substance abuse policy, do yo guys think Travis Henry could be suspended?

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I love Travis Henry as a player but he does deserve to be suspended. This isn't the first time he has had a similar problem.

Jonathan Joseph has been acting like a complete idiot off of the field in his 1st 2 NFL seasons. I never heard of any issues he had at South Carolina even though my guess is he had his run-ins during his time in Columbia.