PDA

View Full Version : Im going to the pittsburgh steelers game against the seahawks

Chucky
09-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Im driving in all the way from toronto, and i was wondering what things i should do pre and post game, and what i should look for in the stadium/ around the city, i know one day im heading to grove city, but other than that im not sure what to do

steelernation77
09-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Im driving in all the way from toronto, and i was wondering what things i should do pre and post game, and what i should look for in the stadium/ around the city, i know one day im heading to grove city, but other than that im not sure what to do

theres some good tailgating. The strip district is pretty cool and while you're there you can stop by the original primanti's and get yourself a pittsburgh tradition. the inclines are cool. the trip up mt. washington on the incline is worth it for the view alone. theres bars and stuff in station square and downtown is nice.

j05son
09-28-2007, 04:01 AM
I live inbetween Pitt and Cleveland. I would suggest a map, seems like if you aren't familiar with the area, soon as you cross a bridge your lost. Honestly, a Roethlisburger or Pittsburgh Burger is one of the most delicious things I've had at peppi's or Primantie ...It's my highlight whenever I have to go to Pitt.

South Side is always fun if you want to catch a couple drinks.

Isn't there a museum by Carnegie Mellon that is amazing? I remember going to a science or space museum a couple years ago when I was in school and it was really something.

Mount Washington for sight seeing...

If you want to drive another hour [two at the absolute most] you could see the HoF's in Ohio, Rock Hall in Cleveland and Football Hall in Canton...I mean, not exactly Pitt, but it's cool to check them out and Cleveland and Pitt are close...

Hope this was somewhat helpful...

DeathbyStat
09-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Go to the South Side and grab some wings at Fat Heads you won't regret it.

Mr. Stiller
10-04-2007, 10:16 PM
What has 2 thumbs and 2 tickets to the Steelers/Seahawks game?

This guy!

steelernation77
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
so turns out im not going to this game, im going to st. louis/steelers in december instead

Chucky
10-13-2007, 11:41 PM
The weekend turned out to be amazing. THe steelers game was a lot of fun, even though it was ridiculously hot, i was sweating like crazy. I got myself a terrible towel, i did some tailgating and it was pretty solid, not as good as Buffalo though. The Pens game was great, great enviroment, but once again I have been spoiled by the enviroment of Leafs games. Primantis was unbelievable .

Man_Of_Steel
10-13-2007, 11:46 PM
The weekend turned out to be amazing. THe steelers game was a lot of fun, even though it was ridiculously hot, i was sweating like crazy. I got myself a terrible towel, i did some tailgating and it was pretty solid, not as good as Buffalo though. The Pens game was great, great enviroment, but once again I have been spoiled by the enviroment of Leafs games. Primantis was unbelievable .

Watching a Leafs game is horrid, there is no atmosphere or noise. Most of the tickets go to bussiness man and such. Buffalo is a much better place to watch a hockey game than Toronto.

Chucky
10-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Watching a Leafs game is horrid, there is no atmosphere or noise. Most of the tickets go to bussiness man and such. Buffalo is a much better place to watch a hockey game than Toronto.

Ive gone to one Buffalo game, like 3 years ago, and it was full of Leafs fans, so ya that was great, but it was like a home game pretty much