PDA

View Full Version : Which players (who you thought would have a good year) have been dissapointing so far

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I can name two right off the bat.

-Lee Evans
-Maurice Jones-Drew

Who else is there?

skinzzfan25
09-29-2007, 06:47 AM
The big 3 at running back so far.

And New Orleans' offense.

Eaglez.Fan
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Reggie Brown. I think he has 5 catches.

neko4
09-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
MJD
Larry Johnson
Steven Jackson
LT
Frank Gore
Alex Smith
Vernon Davis
Jerious Norwood
JP Losman

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Drew Brees, big time

OzTitan
09-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Gore, LT, Jackson and LJ....wow, who woulda thunk it.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Raiders defense or more specifically most of the Dline other than Warren and all of the secondary other than Huff and Aso.

Bobo
09-29-2007, 11:19 AM
My whole fantasy team. And one that matters more, Ben Troupe :-/

zCaddyz
09-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Buc's o-line run game theres no holes for caddy

OzTitan
09-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Dunno if disappointment accurately describes Troupe, expectations for him are very low, and after the Saints game (where I *think* he went 50-50 with VY on that INT with an incorrect route), I don't think we'll be seeing much more of him honestly. Unless he's traded by week 6, which is a quite likely I reckon if anyone wants him.

terribletowel39
09-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Saints O-Line.

Splat
09-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Shawne Merriman 10 tackles 2 sacks in 3 games?

Freddy G
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Well, to some extent, the Browns secondary. In terms of the league this isn't very significant, but i think most Browns fans expected much more as did most educated NFL fans. There is loads of talent, but everyone is playing like rookies. I guess Mel Tucker (best DB coach in the league!!!) just does better with less. Granted the pass rush has also been quite inept thus far, which is probably the biggest factor.

09-29-2007, 12:08 PM
the whole saints O really

Bobo
09-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Dunno if disappointment accurately describes Troupe, expectations for him are very low, and after the Saints game (where I *think* he went 50-50 with VY on that INT with an incorrect route), I don't think we'll be seeing much more of him honestly. Unless he's traded by week 6, which is a quite likely I reckon if anyone wants him.

My expectations weren't low, but maybe I'm too optimistic with him. If he was just another block head with no skills, it'd be one thing, but this guy has undeniable skills....at least as a receiving threat. The lack of blocking skill may also be hurting his chances at playing time.
He's not the best blocker, and we keep using a high rotation of WR's. We haven't even used Scaife as much this year, and Hartsock pretty much just blocks. Maybe he just doesn't fit our O very well now, but my hopes are about gone of seeing a change where he gets on the field more.

NIN1984
09-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Raiders D-line has been really bad, Warren leads the team in sacks with 2 and I'm not talking about Warren Sapp I'm talking about Gerard Warren, that's bad.

sdpads24
09-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Shawne Merriman 10 tackles 2 sacks in 3 games?

Are you being sarcastic? Because it's hard to tell on the internet.

Shiver
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Drew Brees and the Chargers O-Line stick out in my mind.

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Buc's o-line run game theres no holes for caddy

not to get off topic, but who was that with the amazing hit in your sig.

Another player is Rex Grossman. 6 INTS for every touchdown. Not too good...

PoopSandwich
09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Charlie Frye isn't the MVP I thought he was.... *sarcasm off*

Shiver
09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
not to get off topic, but who was that with the amazing hit in your sig.

Another player is Rex Grossman. 6 INTS for every touchdown. Not too good...

Everyone expected that. Who thought Drew Brees would have seven interceptions to his one TD?

soybean
09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
JP Losman, wasn't this suppose to be his breakout year? I guess Scott Wright was right (no pun intended) that he would soon show Bills fans that he's not worthy of being the starting qb.

Ps. if im wrong tell me, cuz i don't watch any bills games or... pay attention to them.

TitanHope
09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Chris Hope has yet to de-kleet someone. What a shame...

Geo
09-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm disappointed in the Dolphins defense thus far. Granted they lost one of the best defensive coaches in the nation in Nick Saban, but the defense hasn't been this poor in many years.

Drew Brees and the Chargers O-Line stick out in my mind.
I'm interested that you would mention Brees and the Chargers offensive line yet not the Saints offensive line.

Shiver
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Because I never thought the Saints' O-Line was that great. They've regressed, to be sure, but they haven't slid like the Chargers' O-Line has from an 'elite' level to having the reigning M.V.P dodging linebackers two yards behind the L.O.S.

Geo
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
How dare JP Losman not light the world on fire with a young offense playing the Broncos at home, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the Patriots in New England for a mere portion of the game. Omg what a bust!

Shiver
09-29-2007, 02:04 PM
How dare JP Losman not light the world on fire with a young offense playing the Broncos at home, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the Patriots in New England for a mere portion of the game. Omg what a bust!

It doesn't help that Buffalo has one legitimate weapon in the passing game and one of their biggest off-season additions was adding a Raiders' tackle.

Geo
09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Because the Raiders offensive line is so bad this year with actual coaching.

Boston
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Mr. 2500....

bearsfan_51
09-29-2007, 02:54 PM
The Chicago Bears

DChess
09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
for some reason i didn't see lt coming close to what he did last year, i dunno, i saw him getting like 1300 yds and like 12 td's.

stephen jackson has been really disappointing for me

Borat
09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
The 49ers offensive players ... all of them.

Geo
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Jeff Hostler imo. The 49ers need an offensive coordinator, not promote a quarterbacks coach (he was obviously doing a super super job, right?) who has never been an offensive coordinator before. Stupid.

Borat
09-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Jeff Hostler imo. The 49ers need an offensive coordinator, not promote a quarterbacks coach (he was obviously doing a super super job, right?) who has never been an offensive coordinator before. Stupid.

It's Jim Hostler and yes, his playcalling has been suspect. The offensive line has been poor this year though. I'm not hanging it on Hostler or Alex Smith for that matter cause he gets a bad rap too. The Oline hasn't opened holes for Gore and has let too much pressure get to Smith.

Geo
09-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks, I keep mistaking his name for Jeff.

It's a shame though, the 49ers could win the NFC West if the had anything close to a competent offense. I picked them before the season myself, and think they still have a chance, but it's not looking good with Seattle playing well on both sides of the ball from the get-go.

On the opposite side of the ball, the Greg Manusky hire as defensive coordinator was a great one.

Bills2083
09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Everyone expected that. Who thought Drew Brees would have seven interceptions to his one TD?

Not exactly. Last year, Grossman had 23 TDs and 20 INTS. That's 1.15 TDs for every touchdown. If he were to get 23 TDs this year, he'd be on pace for 138 Ints.

Borat
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks, I keep mistaking his name for Jeff.

It's a shame though, the 49ers could win the NFC West if the had anything close to a competent offense. I picked them before the season myself, and think they still have a chance, but it's not looking good with Seattle playing well on both sides of the ball from the get-go.

On the opposite side of the ball, the Greg Manusky hire as defensive coordinator was a great one.

Yeah, Manusky is great so far.

The reason they went with Hostler was because Alex's first 2 offensive coordinators were given head coaching positions. They wanted to keep some continuity and named Hostler OC since he'd run the same system as Norv Turner did. But so far, Hostler lacks timing on his play calls. He will set up certain plays, and never pull the trigger on them. That is where Norv was awesome. We're hoping with more game experience Hostler will get it. Not sure if he ever will though.

Dam8610
09-29-2007, 05:36 PM
The 49ers offensive players ... all of them.

Losing Norv Turnip hurt them all. He's a horrible head coach, but a GREAT offensive coordinator.

remix 6
09-29-2007, 05:46 PM
more than half the pro bowlers are a dissapointment

i'll think of people off the top of my head(not jsut pro bowlers)
-Lee Evans
-Jones-Drew
-Tomlinson
-Jackson
-Brees
-Gore
-Joey Porter
-Thomas Jones
- Mark Clayton (injuries though)
-L. Johnson
-Fabian Washington
-Benson
-Norwood
-Fitzgerald
-DeAngelo Williams (all the talk about ZBS and how he would do real well. Foster is doing well but i was expecting more from DW. 4.1 ypc is alright but not enough for expectations)

On the Patriots
-Stallworth - i guess theres no real reason to be dissapointed. Moss and Welker are doing very well. Stallworth will come along as well

-Bruschi - meh i was expecting more. Hes doing fine and all but his reps are down a lot it seems taken away by Junior Seau. not off skill..hes done well and our D is top of the league but little suprised to see Seau taking more and more

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
From the 49ers game I've seen it looks like their playcalling has been terrible. Gore needs more carries.

Shiver
09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Because the Raiders offensive line is so bad this year with actual coaching.

Not forcing Gallery to play out of his comfort zone helps by default. He and Leonard Davis both show why coaches shouldn't force players into the LT position simply out of a fiscal standpoint.

Shiver
09-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Not exactly. Last year, Grossman had 23 TDs and 20 INTS. That's 1.15 TDs for every touchdown. If he were to get 23 TDs this year, he'd be on pace for 138 Ints.

Those stats are not a true indication considering Grossman was great in the first part of the season. His start this year is very much in line with how he was playing down the stretch.

The Unseen
09-29-2007, 07:01 PM
According to Keak on the Jaguars.com message board, MJD had sophmore slumps at De La Salle and at UCLA, and thus this would be nothing new.

MJD has shown some improvement, but two fumbles are troubling (albeit the ball was about kicked out of his hands for the first one). If Garrard can prove to defensive coordinators that his success in the passing game is sustainable and not a fluke, then the running game will open up. I also think MJD is dealing with unrealistic expectations coming off of his amazing rookie season. He had gaudy stats that included two games vs. the historically terrible Colts run defense, and he also benefited from an overall special year by the the O-line and Fred Taylor.

Geo
09-29-2007, 07:11 PM
According to Keak on the Jaguars.com message board, MJD had sophmore slumps at De La Salle and at UCLA, and thus this would be nothing new.
LOL, shut up Keak.

I also think MJD is dealing with unrealistic expectations coming off of his amazing rookie season.
You mean the one where everyone declared him the Second Coming and a wealthy man's Reggie Bush?

He had gaudy stats that included two games vs. the historically terrible Colts run defense, and he also benefited from an overall special year by the the O-line and Fred Taylor.
I pointed out every single one of these facts last year, and it fell on deaf ears unfortunately.

BufFan71
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
It doesn't help that Buffalo has one legitimate weapon in the passing game and one of their biggest off-season additions was adding a Raiders' tackle.

actually Langston Walker has been doing a great job
so far has been worth the money

The Legend
09-30-2007, 05:52 AM
Will Smith | Saints

awfullyquiet
09-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Agreed..

I'm really not horribly disappointed in too much. I mean. S-Jax has some issues that are out of his control (like, not having an offensive line anymore), LJ was going to be a disappointment from the start... I guess i'm kind of irritated that the SD line hasn't played up to par like it did last year. But with the massive changes in coaching there... It's not horribly unexpected either... Their defense still plays rather well...

SenorGato
10-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Terrell Suggs has 0 sacks.

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 06:01 AM
the NFC....

portermvp84
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Steven Jackson, Thomas Jones, and Drew Brees they all are not producing at all.

PoopSandwich
10-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Cedric Benson is doing worse than I thought he would.

Wyndham
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I guess i'm kind of irritated that the SD line hasn't played up to par like it did last year. But with the massive changes in coaching there... It's not horribly unexpected either... Their defense still plays rather well...

Eh?

In back-to-back-to-back weeks, the Patriots, Packers and Chiefs have just owned that San Diego defense, especially the secondary. Moss, Jennings and D-Bowe could make a career out of going up against those DBs.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Mark Clayton

Terrell Suggs

Bart Scott

Brian Billick (Start Kyle Boller IMMEDIATELY)

Rex Ryan (great scheme figured out in 1 offseason and now we can't touch a QB, adjust!!)

yodabear
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Marc Bulger
Steven Jackson
Brian Leonard
Torry Holt
Isaac Bruce
Drew Bennett
Randy McMichael
Adam Carriker, where the hell is he?
Lenord Little
Will Witherspoon

Green Bay Scat
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Quintin Moses and Buster Davis.....would help if they were on a team

Geo
10-01-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm disappointed in the Dolphins defense thus far. Granted they lost one of the best defensive coaches in the nation in Nick Saban, but the defense hasn't been this poor in many years.
Words fail me.

Wootylicous
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Quintin Moses and Buster Davis.....would help if they were on a team

Quentin Moses is with the Cardinals and Buster Davis is with the Lions.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I didn't expect Reggie Bush to have a down year like this. The night is still young however.

Ravens defense has been disappointing. McCallister is not playing well.

In fact, CBs in general have not played well thus far this season. DHall is in the top 5 by default right now, just because alot of guys we expected to play well simply haven't.

Luis Castillo also is not playing as well as last year.

Julius Peppers is the biggest surprise. He hasn't done a damn thing all year.

Geo
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM
If Julius Peppers wants Dwight Freeney money, playing near as well as Freeney does would be a good start.

Bills2083
10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Thomas Jones played pretty bad against us this past week. How was he doing in the previous games?

ks_perfection
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
If Julius Peppers wants Dwight Freeney money, playing near as well as Freeney does would be a good start.

Freeney had a bad year for his standards and still got record breaking money. Because of what Peppers done in the past, his reputation and his age he'll get big money even if he struggles.

I thought because Freeney only got 5.5 sacks they'd sign him for a discount but he got alot more than I would have expected if he had a great year. With the big cap and his age he'll get a ton of money.