PDA

View Full Version : first draft ever 3 rounds

jj45
09-29-2007, 02:11 PM
This is my first draft so give me a break
I do have some new guys in my day one draft but that’s what’s its all about finding the diamonds in the rough.

1. Falcons
Brian Brohm: He played in the system. He knows the offense perfect fit to be the face of the franchise.
In Brian Brohm the Falcons new head coach will get the prototypical NFL quarterback: Strong arm, excellent accuracy, field awareness, pocket awareness, exemplary leadership and good mobility. He’ll just have to stay healthy.

Kansas City Chiefs – Jake Long, OT Michigan

It’s amazing that the Chiefs didn’t even groom a young offensive tackle to replace Willie Roaf; even though they had plenty of time to do so (he played four seasons in Kansas City). So they now plugged free agent signing Damion McIntosh at left tackle, which won’t help QB Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle. Furthermore, their receiving group behind All-Pro tight end Tony Gonzalez and veteran Eddie Kennison is unproven with Samie Parker (plagued with drops), rookie Dwayne Bowe, and untested Chris Hannon and Jeff Webb. Their defense is … well “average” at most and in need of more turnovers if the Chiefs hope to play for a .500 season. Michigan tackle Jake Long will give the Chiefs a worthy replacement of Willie Roaf (even taking over his jersey number) and a franchise left tackle for at least the next six years.

3. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns)- Darren McFadden
Cleveland Browns wanted franchise quarterback Brady Quinn, thus losing shot at franchise running back and all around superman Darren McFadden. Even though Dallas has Julius Jones (contract year) and Marion Barber III, who is lightening it up this season, Cowboys can’t pass up the best player available, so they get Superman to go along with Marion Barber III.

4.  Carolina Panthers Glenn Dorsey, DT Louisiana State
They had a huge drop off them need a run game another receiver and most of All glen Dorsey. They could have the best line if the had a warren Sapp clone peppers could reach 22 sacks with the o-line shrinking their splits.

5.  Miami Dolphins Sam Baker
They have the running back, they have the signal caller and the signal caller of the future and if Ted ginn gets a catch and use the 4.19 speed Miami offense could do something. I started to put Kenny Phillips u know a ball hawk who is home grown but defense can play all day and offense can’t if they are going backwards that I give the fins usc Sam baker

6.  New York Giants – Kenneth Phillips, S Miami (FL) Either the Giants will make the playoffs or they will be really bad. I’m counting on the latter scenario. After two full seasons as the starter, QB Eli Manning still has that “deer in the headlights” look after every bad play. It just looks like he doesn’t care. Maybe the recent bust-up with former Giant Tiki Barber has caused Manning to grow some cojones, but my faith in the Giant QB is low. His inconsistency must drive the G-Men crazy, one time he looks like his brother Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning, another time he looks like Browns QB Charlie Frye. Eli reportedly worked on his footwork in the off-season, maybe that’ll help him be less scared of pass rushers (as evident from the second half of the 2006 season). Will the Giants’ new head coach dump Eli Manning? Not with another Top 5 pick, but be sure to check out my third round. Instead the Big Blue (I left “Wrecking Crew” out purposely) will draft Kenneth Phillips who will take over for Gibril Wilson, who’ll be a free agent in 2008.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Andre Woodson, QB Kentucky Byron Leftwich isn’t the quarterback of the future, David Garrard isn’t the quarterback of the future and neither is Quinn Gray. Next to the quarterback position and his accompanying receivers, the rest of the team is set for a playoff run. They have playmakers in every position group: Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew (RBs), Vincent Manuwai and Brad Meester (OL), Marcus Stroud and John Henderson (DL), Mike Peterson and Daryl Smith (LBs), and Rashean Mathis and Brian Williams (DBs). It’s just the quarterback that hasn’t gotten it done these last few years. As a result, the receivers have little to show too. Even if Reggie Williams can’t get it done, the Jags still have Matt Jones, Mike Walker and TE Marcedes Lewis. So Jacksonville will finally have another quarterback to compare with Mark Brunell when they draft Andre Woodson. Great mobility and pocket awareness (infallible combination), amazing accuracy and great leadership. Doesn’t have a rocket arm, but he will become the quarterback the Jags were looking for in Byron Leftwich.

8. Minnesota Vikings – DeSean Jackson, WR California Don’t get me wrong, I do think Troy Williamson will have a good season. But I’m a firm believer in spoiling young quarterbacks with as many weapons as you can. The perfect scenario would be a super athletic tight end a la Kellen Winslow or Vernon Davis for the second year pro Tarvaris Jackson, but currently there are no candidates worthy of the seventh overall pick. So the Vikings will add another playmaker to their offense with the nation’s best playmaker DeSean Jackson. If the Tennessee game showed anything, it’s that Jackson is already better than Ted Ginn Jr: Better hands, better route runner and, dare I say it, better returner? He doesn’t have the size of Limas Sweed, but the Vikes are already covered in the “big, tall red zone target” department with second rounder Sidney Rice.

Buffalo Bills – Keith Rivers, WLB Southern California Keith Rivers has been around for so long that you almost take his talent for granted. By inheriting #55 at USC, Rivers has followed the footsteps of former greats Willie McGinest and Junior Seau. He’s made plays from the moment he stepped on the field and he remains the leader in the nation’s best defense. Yet, even though he’s a regular at every award’s watch list, he still gets overlooked by every media publication. Of course fans like vicious hitters like Rey Maualuga, a son of former pro wrestler James Laurinaitis and another great enforcer from Linebacker U Dan Connor. But Keith Rivers quietly is still regarded as the best linebacker prospect in Southern California and will turn heads in 2008 when he gets selected at 13. The Bills have proved they’re not afraid of choosing less hyped, but more productive players as evident from Donte Whitner’s selection. On the topic of the Bills, J.P. Losman is a franchise quarterback and Marshawn Lynch will be a rookie sensation. Lee Evans will keep on catching bombs from Losman and LT Jason Peters truly is worth the hype. But it all doesn’t matter if your defense is as bad as Buffalo’s. Oh and they grossly overpaid for G Derrick Dockery, he wasn’t even the best lineman in Washington. Plus you’re in dire need of a complete jersey makeover, don’t you agree?

10.  Detroit Lions- Dan Connor (Linebacker Penn State)
Detroit has Derrick Brooks/Lance Briggs in Ernie Sims so I am giving them the Ulcer clone Dan Connor from Linebacker University. He can play MLB and SLB. He can solidify their defense and he can prove their pass rush by allowing Ernie Sims to blitz more.

11.  Tennessee Titans- Calais Campbell (DE Miami University)
Vince Young needs a play making receiver but there are no receivers worthy enough at the 11th pick so we give them the best BPA Campbell who is looking more like Julius Peppers everyday. He will improve their pass rush and their run defense.

12.   Oakland Raiders – Gosper Chervils, OT Boston College the Raiders’ offense is in full rebuilding mode. Yet they haven’t even signed their franchise quarterback JaMarcus Russell to a contract yet. So instead of letting him learn behind Josh McCown and Daunte Culpepper in training camp, preseason and regular season, he’s probably still trying to figure out how to read an NFL playbook somewhere in the States. All this while their defense seems ready to play in the playoffs with playmakers at every position: Derrick Burgess (DE), Warren Sapp (DT), Thomas Howard (LB), Nnamdi Asomugha (how did he NOT make the Pro Bowl?) and Fabian Washington (CB) and Michael Huff (S). So what can coach Lane Kiffin do to upgrade his offense? How about protecting your quarterback? Because one of the reasons Josh McCown is starting over Culpepper is because of his mobility. And if you base your starting quarterback on that attribute, signing Russell wouldn’t be my first priority as well. So surprisingly, career back up Cornell Green is starting at right tackle and former guard Barry Sims at left tackle. Add draft bust Robert Gallery and a new blocking scheme (zone), and you’ve got the perfect ingredients for more sacks allowed than in 2006. Consequently, it should come as no surprise that the Raiders finally add protection instead of going for the sexy pick (Limas Sweed). In addition, Cherilus also played a zone-blocking scheme at Boston College.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Early Doucet, WR Louisiana State the Buccaneers can’t have a worse season than 2006. They’ve added a great veteran quarterback (Jeff Garcia) and their franchise running back ‘Cadillac’ Williams is 100% healthy. By adding more experienced players like Cato June, Jeremiah Trotter, Jerramy Stevens and Luke Petitgout, the Bucs are bound to get some wins over division rivals Carolina and Atlanta. So expect Coach Jon Gruden to stick around in Tampa. But he’ll have some serious work to do in the 2008 off-season, especially on defense where OLB Derrick Brooks and both starting CBs Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber are nearing retirement. Furthermore, on offense former first round pick WR Michael Clayton has now been demoted to third receiver. And with first option Joey Galloway already 35 years old, it’s time to look for a new star receiver. Early Doucet seems like the best fit (and even looks like Galloway in size). The speedy LSU receiver always makes the tough catches and is fearless over the middle.

14. New Orleans Saints – James Laurinaitis, MLB Ohio State No doubt James Laurinaitis is a playmaker. Great in coverage and always is at the right place at the right time (a compliment to his work in the film room). But he’s just not quite there yet as a run defender and therefore he fits best in a 4-3 system. With big bodied Antwan Lake, Kendrick Clancy and Hollis Thomas in front of him, Laurinaitis will have more space to roam and make plays. And if the season opener showed anything, it’s that the Saints are still very vulnerable in pass defense and the many Cover 2 looks they gave Colts QB Peyton Manning. MLB Mark Simoneau also showed why he didn’t warrant a contract extension (free agent in 2008), unlike fellow ‘backers Scott Fujita and Scott Shanle. I actually even thought veteran signing Brian Simmons would start in the middle. But James Laurinaitis falls right in their laps and is a great fit for Coach Sean Payton’s defense. The Ohio State linebacker won’t only give the Saints defense a youthful spark, but also more interceptions than Simoneau (1 in 2006).

15.Arizona Cardinals – Quentin Groves, DE/OLB Auburn
New head coach Ken Whisenhunt will use the 3-4 defense more often, and I fully expect him to have it up and fully working for the 2008 season. It seems he already has the linemen to keep the linebackers clean, namely with Gabe Watson and Alan Branch. The starting defensive ends in their 4-3 defense will also double as OLBs in the 3-4 (Bertrand Berry and Chike Okeafor). With Gerald Hayes and Karlos Dansby manning the ILBs, the Cards are set for now. The problem is that Dansby will go into his contract year and if he keeps up at his pace, the Cardinals might have trouble retaining their playmaker. If you add that OLBs Bertrand Berry and Darryl Blackstock will be unrestricted free agents in 2009, the linebackers group must already be upgraded in 2008 to prevent an exodus in 2009. Apparently recently released Buster Davis didn’t fit into Whisenhunt’s plans, so the Cards will have to add depth to the ILB position either through the draft or free agency. Unfortunately, Maualuga was picked 18th. Therefore, the Cards will skip their ILB need for now and add youth and athleticism to their OLB group. Namely with freakishly athletic pass rusher Quentin Groves. Simply unstoppable in the season opener against Kansas State, Groves has already ascended to number 4 and the top rated DE on Mel Kipper’s Big Board.

16. Houston Texans – Antoine Cason, CB Arizona You would think that the Texans have needs at every position every year. That their offensive line still has no franchise left tackle or stability and that they would pursue a tackle in the draft (Joe Staley, Tony Ugoh, or Jared Gaither). However, LT Charles Spencer made such a strong impression in the first two games, before getting injured and put on IR, that the Texans believed they didn’t need another tackle. So even with Spencer now on the PUP list, the hope is he’ll come back healthy and anchor the left side again starting in Week 7. By adding RB Ahman Green and if you believe the hype surrounding QB Matt Schaub is true, watch out for the Texans’ offense in 2007. In fact, with an exciting receiving group with Pro Bowler Andre Johnson, sure handed Owen Daniels and blazing rookie Jacoby Jones, expect the defense to be the team’s Achilles heel for a change. On defense, three needs can be distinguished, namely outside linebacker (mainly strong-side), safety (both free and strong) and the cornerback position opposite of Dunta Robinson. So the options would be Dan Connor, Jonathan Hefney or Antoine Cason respectively. And if you’re in the same division as the Indianapolis Colts, I know I’d choose the best cornerback in the 2008 Draft (and probably even this year’s had he declared).

17..New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) – Rey Maualuga, ILB Southern California
Both inside linebackers Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau will be free agents in 2008. Since retirement is a very possible option for both veterans, the Patriots have to find a replacement either within the organization (Eric Alexander?), through free agency (Karlos Dansby?) or the draft. If Bruschi and/or Seau return (I see the Patriots as the only destination for both players in 2008), the Pats will still need to find a replacement rather sooner than later considering the average age of their rotational inside linebackers (Eric Alexander, Bruschi, Seau and Mike Vrabel) is 32. Next to the questions in the secondary (will Asante Samuel resign?), the inside linebackers question will be the biggest area of need in 2008. In my draft book, Rey Maualuga is already among the best linebackers in the nation while he’s not even close to fulfilling his full potential. Simply a playmaker, Maualuga is already feared in the NCAA as much as Brian Urlacher is in the NFL. Besides great size and athleticism, Rey knows his role to bust offensive linemen on running plays. If the USC product can successfully improve his pass coverage and be the leader of the best linebacker group in the nation, New England will welcome the heir apparent to Bruschi in 2008.

18. Cincinnati Bengals – DeMario Pressley, DT North Carolina State
I started to give them a tailback but their true problem is on the other side of the ball. They are starting to get some decent ends so now the can finish their line with a dominate DT from d-line U.

19. Seattle Seahawks – Fred Davis, TE Southern California
I know the Seahawks have all round talent but that talent is aging. So I give them a young playmaker on offence to make the vets look young. Hassleback will love a real tight end he catches like jarret from usc and is probably just as fast.

20. St. Louis Rams – Brian Cushing, SLB Southern California
The O can score fifty point a game and they shouldn’t. Its time they got some pass rush from their linebackers also put carriker back at end that’s just my opinion.

21. Denver Broncos – Frank Okam, DT Texas the Broncos always look like a team that easily makes the playoffs. And they continued in the off-season by simply strengthening their weaknesses, adding Javon Walker in 2006 and now drafting two defensive ends in the first two rounds (Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder). Moreover, quality signings like Travis Henry and Daniel Graham and a trade for Dre’ Bly make the Broncos even look like Super Bowl contenders. That is, if you only look at the players at the “sexy” positions: Jay Cutler at QB, Travis Henry at RB, Javon Walker at WR, Jarvis Moss at DE, D.J. Williams at MLB and Champ Bailey and Dre’ Bly at CB. With those playmakers at hand, expectations will always be high. However, Denver will fail to make the Super Bowl because nobody has an idea how the new offensive line will fare, whether the Broncos’ linebackers group is good enough (one injury away from the being the league’s worst rushing defense), whether the defensive tackles can perform their new tasks of clogging the middle (although it shouldn’t be a problem for Sam Adams), and if the safeties can still defend the deep ball. In the draft, the Broncos can go in multiple directions: they could draft a run-stopping DT (how long can Sam Adams still play?), a strong-side linebacker (over current starter Nate Webster), and a strong safety (John Lynch is on his last legs). If you also look at the value of potential draftees (Frank Okam, Erin Henderson, Jerod Mayo or Brian Cushing, and Kevin Ellison respectively), DT certainly is the best option. Not yet a great pass rusher (also not a necessity in Broncos’ new defensive scheme), Okam is a bull against the run and requires double teams on every play (perfect fit).

22. Philadelphia Eagles – Limas Sweed, WR Texas I hope Donovan McNabb will have a comeback season for the Eagles fans (and also myself, he’s in my fantasy football team). The Eagles have surrounded him with enough talent to excel (Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis, L.J. Smith, and Brian Westbrook) and I expect him to. He has a chip in his shoulder for proving himself after a torn ACL ended his substandard 2006 season and even more when the Eagles decided to draft another quarterback with their first pick (Kevin Kolb). With an upgraded defense that boasts addition Takeo Spikes, expect the Eagles to make a run at the playoffs again. Regarding the draft, Kevin Curtis is penciled in as a starter right now, but it won’t take a genius to see he’s best suited as a slot receiver, since he doesn’t have the elite size or the elite speed or the elite route running to be either the number 1 or 2 option. Contrarily, Reggie Brown is a great number one receiver, who’s also incredible after the after the catch. Back-ups Jason Avant and Hank Baskett are solid, but both will never become first options. Drafting 6’5”, 220 lbs WR Limas Sweed would add another huge weapon to the Eagles’ offense that can only be held back by its quarterback. What’s more, no other college player at this point would add as much as Sweed would in the first round. Other key needs are namely safety and perhaps tight end (L.J. Smith will be a free agent in 2008) and strong-side linebacker (depending on how former DE Chris Gocong will perform). It’s tough to rationalize a pick like this when it seems obvious that the Eagles should take the accomplished Texas receiver. He might not run former Longhorns and current Detroit Lion Roy Williams’ 40 yard dash (4.42), but he’ll be just as good.

23. Washington Redskins – Chris Long, DE Virginia Most people will find this very high for the Redskins. It’s true, I’m very optimistic about the Redskins’ upcoming season. I firmly believe Jason Campbell will become a future Pro Bowler and grow into one of the league’s best quarterbacks. Moreover, with every offensive starter, except G Pete Kendall, having played under coach Al Saunders’ scheme for one year, I fully expect the offense to explode. With sure-handed Chris Cooley being utilized in the Tony Gonzalez role, Clinton Portis and Santana Moss back on the field, and with an even stronger offensive line it’s hard to imagine the Redskins picking the Top 10 again. Naturally, a lot will depend on QB Jason Campbell, but luckily the pressure can be diverted to the running game. If the defense can step up again after a huge down year, the Redskins might even make a run at the playoffs like in 2005. On the subject of the draft pick, Chris Long is the perfect fit for Coach Gregg Williams’ defensive scheme. In the past few years, Williams has mainly started DEs Phillip Daniels and (recently released) Renaldo Wynn. Both not superb pass rushers, but rather run stuffers. Virginia’s Chris Long (son of Hall of Fame DE Howie Long) not only is the nation’s best run stopper at DE, but also understands how to use his hands to get leverage in pass rush (rather than just trying to run around an OT). Additionally, long enters the season on the Outland Trophy, Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Bednarik Trophy, Lombardi Trophy, and Hendricks Award watch list, which should say something.

24. New York Jets Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
He isn’t your typical idea for a 3-4 DT but I think he can be really good here. He ha great pass rushing ability and I think he would turn a lot of head the way Texans rookie DT is doing in Houston. And Pete Carroll has said he is better then Mike Patterson which says a lot.

25. San Diego Chargers – Jasper Brinkley, ILB South Carolina This is the surprise of the draft and I’m sure this pick will be criticized immensely, especially with the hyped James Laurinaitis still available and actually going next to the Saints. But to every Chargers, Patriots fan out there, Laurinaitis is simply too small to play inside linebacker in the 3-4. He has showed nothing when it comes to taking on blocks on run plays, especially when the run is right towards him. He might have improved in this area in the off-season, but I simply didn’t see anything in 2006. This simply goes beyond the height-weight comparison, but towards the talent Laurinaitis has. And the Ohio State linebacker is at this points more a cover middle linebacker than an inside linebacker. The same point goes for Virginia Tech’s MLB Vince Hall. Jasper Brinkley, on the other hand, thrives in running plays and knows how to take on blocks and get off them. If you also take into consideration that the Chargers play in the same division as workhorse Larry Johnson and the Denver Broncos, you will get the picture why stopping the run is so important. Might be considered a reach as well, but Brinkley will show his versatility this season playing in the 4-3 and 3-4. But you can throw this pick out the window if the Chargers can’t resign DE Igor Olshansky. Assuming they can, inside linebacker becomes the next possible need. True, current starters Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm have shown signs that they can replace Donnie Edwards and Randall Godfrey. But there’s a difference in playing a few snaps per game and playing over 40 per week. That may also have been the thought behind drafting ILB Anthony Waters in the third round, but he’s also coming back from a knee surgery. To prevent uncertainty in the future, the Chargers will go for the impact as well as a depth pick in Brinkley as well. Furthermore, props to the Chargers front office by having signed great player like Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Nick Hardwick, Jamal Williams, Shaun Phillips

26. Green Bay Packers – Steve Slaton, RB West Virginia
Brett Farve is playing like superman this season but superman needs some help. Brandon Jackson cant run total bust. This makes Slaton a good choice in the first round. They wanted lynch this year but slaton isn’t a bad plan b.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech QB Ben Roethlisberger has lost most of the credit he earned in his first two seasons in the NFL. He’ll earn most of it back in 2007. In a down year in Pittsburgh, 2006 first round pick Santonio Holmes developed in a great receiver and another weapon for Big Ben. More hope can be drawn from Willie Parker’s performance where he showed he’s able to carry the full load that comes with being the number one back. Since you can always count on Hines Ward and Heath Miller, Roethlisberger will come alive again in 2007. My only concern is the Steelers’ secondary. Namely how will CB Ike Taylor respond after being benched in 2006? How did CB Bryant McFadden lose his starting CB spot to veteran Deshea Townsend? Is former second round pick CB Ricardo Colclough going into his last season in Pittsburgh? To cover for the uncertainty, I can see the stable Steelers’ organization taking the safe road by adding depth to their secondary. They will find the best fit in Virginia Tech cornerback Brandon Flowers. Next to the fact that his great athleticism makes up for his height (5’9”), Flowers is relentless in run support. This feature will make him the most attractive pick for Coach Tomlin, who comes from the Tampa 2-school. If you also add the fact that defensive coordinator - LeBeau loves to send literally anybody to blitz, you can imagine why the Steelers will be drooling all over the energetic cornerback.

28. Chicago Bears Colt Brennan
I had John David Booty here but after watching Brennan in action, im hooked. He is accurate quick release and mobile. I think he will put on the weight to make it in the NFL hopefully he can handle us bears fans you either hate him or love him. When Brennan asked the NFL advisory board about his draft projection, they even gave him a first round tag. So regardless of what fans think, the Heisman candidate has certainly drawn the attention as a first round option. However, with most highly regarded returning quarterbacks, their stock takes a hit in their senior season (Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn as the most recent examples). Obviously, with more game tape and another season to dissect your every move, you will be scrutinized more. Questions about his size, throwing motion, and offensive system obviously wouldn’t be answered even if he would’ve played for another five years in college. Come to think of it, he faces similar questions like Vince Young in 2006. His adjustment to the NFL depends on three factors, namely: Playing mostly in a shotgun formation, you don’t know whether Brennan can make the same reads in his drop back; the sideways throwing motion, which will be more scrutinized because he’s not 6’5” like VY or Philip Rivers, but 6’3”; and the offensive system he plays in Hawaii, which blows up every passing statistic. I can’t comment on how Brennan will perform in a pro-offense, but I am convinced that his throwing motion won’t be a problem in the NFL. Just look at Cowboys QB Tony Romo, his throwing motion is borderline sideways as well plus he’s the same height as Brennan. What’s more, both their releases are lighting quick as well.

29. Baltimore Ravens Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State This is a toss-up between Boston College’s DeJuan Tribble and Ohio State’s Malcolm Jenkins. I base this decision on height, as phony as that may sound. Malcolm Jenkins is a great cornerback whose stock will heavily depend on the season he’ll have. Next to excellent size, Jenkins has the agility and speed to eventually become a lockdown cornerback.

30. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) – Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB Ohio State Whether Alex Smith can take the next step in his career is the big question in San Francisco. But I wouldn’t be worried if he didn’t immediately become a Top 10 quarterback. Remember he’s still only 23 years old, even younger than draft prospect Colt Brennan. Give him time, he’ll eventually get there. What can I say of Frank Gore? He was a monster last year (glad I had him on my Fantasy team), and with TE Vernon Davis waiting to burst onto the scene the 49ers’ offense will be as exciting as last year. Coach Mike Nolan also added great pieces to his defense with Patrick Willis and Nate Clements. If NT Aubrayo Franklin can hold his job in the middle of the line, the 49ers defense might surprise as well. However, I have no idea where people get the idea that free agent signing Tully Banta-Cain is a good pass rusher, since he barely showed anything in New England. Decent athleticism, decent use of hands, the only reason he started for the Patriots was because of injuries. Since pass rush has always been a concern in San Francisco, and adding Banta-Cain will do little to improve it, the draft is an excellent opportunity to man another pass rusher to pair with Manny Lawson. You can even consider this year’s crop of DE/OLB prospects very deep and luckily for the Niners, most teams like the Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots and Steelers are already set at the 3-4 OLB position. So the 49ers have the choice between Vernon Gholston and Derrick Harvey, and you truly can’t go wrong with these two ultra-athletic pass rushing specialists.

31. Patriots cheated so they get no pick.

32. Dallas Cowboys – Justin King, CB Penn State I don’t know what the Cowboys were thinking when they released nickel corner Aaron Glenn last week. Yes, he was already 35 and wasn’t as athletic as he used to be, but have you taken a look at your current nickel and dime corners? Nathan Jones and Jacques Reeves? And you’re playing in a division where the slot receivers are Giants’ second round pick Sinorice Moss (or Steve Smith), Redskins’ Brandon Lloyd, and Eagles’ Hank Baskett. Plus your strong safety is Roy Williams? Ha-ha good luck defending the pass. To make matters even worse, starting CB Terence Newman will be an unrestricted free agent in 2008. I’m not sure Newman will be worth the money he’ll attract on the market (think Nate Clements-like figures), but owner Jerry Jones has shown he’ll splash out money (even on second-rate players like Leonard Davis). Even if they can re-sign Newman, CB Anthony Henry will turn 31 during the season. So next to the Tyson Jackson pick, I’d skip any other possible need (like wide receiver) to draft a cornerback as soon as possible .In Justin King, who has the speed to match up the Mosses in the division and make up for Roy Williams’ helplessness in coverage , the Cowboys will find a raw but athletic and talented cornerback.

33. Atlanta Falcons Barry Richardson LT Clemson
Petrino needs a big power tackle to make his offense work they don’t get more bigger then Barry he is a great fit for the falcons to protect Brohm.

34... Kansas City Mario Manningham Wr Michigan
They have got a keeper in Bowe and Johnson will look better with long in front of him
But they could use a speedy receiver lie Manningham to really spread this offense Croyle will look great with a better #2 option cuz Bowe will be the number one by next year. And Sammy parker can control the drop passes.

35.  Cleveland Browns Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
The browns wanted a power back and they would have one if the got Jamal Lewis 5 years. He looked good against the Bengals but with that defense I think most teams can have a positive ground game. Stewart fit’s the Lewis mold he has great size speed and burst. He would be a perfect fit for the browns and he could learn from Lewis.

36. Carolina Panthers Jonathan Hefney, FS Tennessee
They need a safety in the worst way. Chris Harris isn’t the answer and it shows the bears were giving him away. Nate Salley could pan but I see him as a strong safety and this UT prospect looks like a great fit. He has great range and is good against the run. His hands and speed are good.

37. Miami Dolphins Dre Moore, DT Maryland
Since last Thursday (September 13th), Dre Moore is also finally getting the recognition he deserves on Footballs future. The 6’4”, 315 lbs Maryland DT is as close to a nose tackle as you will find in this year’s draft. What’s more, Moore hasn’t even filled out his frame yet. Already immovable against the run and explosive against the pass, Dre Moore is every bit of an athletic freak like predecessors Shawne Merriman and Vernon Davis.

38. New York Giants – James Davis, RB Clemson In the first game of the season it has already been painfully evident that the Giants need another back. With Brandon Jacobs as their starting back, there simply is no “element of surprise”. Even if he would catch it out of the backfield, he won’t turn the corner and break out for a long run. Even though you’ll eventually wear out defenses by keeping on pounding the ball, the question still remains whether you’ll be picking up first downs in the process. Plus they won’t put a dagger in anyone’s heart since Jacobs doesn't have the speed nor agility to break for a long (touchdown) run. So in the draft it could’ve been either Steve Slaton in the first or James Davis in the second. To be honest, I don’t think this is a big drop-off as well; especially considering you’ll also get Kenny Phillips. After a spectacular season opener for Clemson, James Davis has opened the eyes of many fans and scouts. Furthermore, the Giants are in need of a change of pace back (or feature back, depending on how you define Brandon Jacobs’ role). With his agility and explosiveness, he won’t have a difficult time making Giants fans forget about Tiki Barber. I think with Davis they have what the Trojans did with Bush and White look what they accomplished.

39. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tony Hills
With a new Quarterback they are going to need some more protection. Woodson can move but he is no Vince Young, so they are going to need to keep him safe and make some bigger running lanes from those great backs down their in Jacksonville. So Tony Hills is a great pick up here in the second round.

40. Minnesota Vikings John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
Every young signal caller needs a tight end to help when times get tough a safety net. Carlson help Quinn think what he can do for Jackson.

41. Buffalo Bills – Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida Suffice to say the loss of Nate Clements hurt the Bills’ secondary. So it seems no coincidence that Broncos’ QB Jay Cutler ripped them for 304 yards in the season opener with the wide receivers combining for 17 catches. Terrence McGee is solid on one side; the other starting cornerback is still undecided. Jason Webster was just put on IR and for some reason second year pro and third round pick Ashton Youboty can’t seem to get much playing time. So unless McGee starts making more plays on defense, the cornerback group has no playmakers at all. This makes it almost certain that the Bills will draft a cornerback in 2008. Mike Jenkins was the most underrated player in South Florida’s defense, apparently scaring offenses so much that they decided to throw towards CB Trae Williams, who then caught a school-record seven interceptions. Now that Jenkins has attracted the attention of scouts, he has even risen above Boston College’s DeJuan Tribble and USC’s Terrell Thomas in Mel Kiper’s Big Board (although don’t use his board as your primary reference point).

42. Detroit Lions – Terrell Thomas, CB Southern California with Fernando Bryant (can’t stay healthy) and Stanley Wilson (simply not good enough) as your starters and no bright future starters as back-ups, you know you need a talent infusion as soon as you get the opportunity. USC’s Terrell Thomas is a great fit for any Cover 2 team thanks to his textbook tackling. Not only can he press receivers at the line, Thomas has the versatility to cover receivers one-on-one and actually has the size (6’1”) to win jump battles as well.

43. Tennessee Titans – Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State Wide receiver will undeniably be a first day need in 2008. They’ve had nice success running the ball in their first game against Jacksonville, but they’ll have throw the ball rather sooner than later (Indianapolis is up in Week 2 and they tend to score a lot early in the game). Where Adarius Bowman’s stock is will be anyone’s guess. I’ve read comments from a pro scout saying that his 40 time will cause his stock to drop like Dwayne Jarrett. Let’s face it; he’s no Calvin Johnson so it might be true. Still there is no shame in going off the board as the fourth receiver overall.

44.Oakland Raiders – Earl Bennett, WR Vanderbilt
Next to the fact that number one receiver (only on Oakland’s depth chart) Jerry Porter can opt out of his contract in 2008, there are no standouts in the Raiders receiving corps. Can Ronald Curry stay healthy after two Achilles’ tears? Can Johnnie Lee Higgins take his return game to the passing game? Will former Coach Lane Kiffin be able to motivate his former student Mike Williams? All these questions will be too much to bear for a rookie quarterback. Imagine starting Russell, but barely having any quality offensive linemen and no threats in the passing game. In addition, Bennett’s precise route running will look good next to deep threat Higgins and big target Williams. So it seems rather obvious that the Raiders add more offensive weapons in the second round. The ranking of the receivers group after the Top 5 gets cloudy. So this pick might as well have been Keenan Burton, Malcolm Kelly, Andre Caldwell, Harry Douglas, Mario Urrutia, or D.J. Hall.

45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – John David Booty, QB Southern California Apparently head coach Jon Gruden sent a highlight video this past off-season to Jake Plummer using The Temptation’s Ain’t Too Proud to Beg as background music. I have to say I don’t quite understand why Gruden wanted Plummer so bad seeing as he still has four quarterbacks (Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Chris Simms, and Bruce Gradkowski) on his roster. Rumors are that Gruden will trade Simms as soon as he gets an offer, so any chances of him still becoming the Bucs future are pretty much close to zero. Given Jeff Garcia’s age (37), the Bucs will need to find another young quarterback to groom if Gradkowski also isn’t the future (early signs say he isn’t). Southern California’s John David Booty would be a great fit for Tampa’s West Coast offense. Their offensive system would allow Booty to use his excellent accuracy (thanks to a very pretty throwing motion) on short-intermediate routes and hide his rather inaccurate long ball. Also, Booty already has experience playing in the West Coast offense for former NFL head coach Pete Carroll.

46. New Orleans Saints – Aqib Talib, CB Kansas The question will be which need is the biggest: a cornerback or a run stopping defensive tackle? Seeing Jason David got burnt three times too much, questions have risen whether it was a good idea signing a Cover 2 corner (5’8” and adequate speed) and letting him play in man-to-man coverage. It’s publicly known that back-up Fred Thomas has the same problem as Davis, so no help there. Nickel corner Jason Craft is nearing the end of his career and also never was a starting corner. Furthermore, with no clear-cut defensive tackle at this point, the Saints will draft a corner to strengthen their secondary. I personally think he is the next Deion sanders look and his hands over at Kansas he is by far their best receiver.

47. Arizona Cardinals- Derrick Harvey
I believe the cardinals fans will love this draft they went from have the worst outside linebackers to the best in one day. Harvey with make this guys beast, offensives linemen wont know who to block Groves or Harvey.

48.Atlanta Falcons (from Houston Texans) – Vince Hall, MLB Virginia Tech
As great as MLB Keith Brooking still plays in Atlanta, he will turn 32 in October. With starting WLB Demorrio Williams in his contract year (re-sign him as soon as possible!) and starting SLB Michael Boley a restricted free agent in 2008, depth, experience and talent could be a fatal issue in 2008. Virginia Tech's Vince Hall will be a great addition regardless of what happens in 2008. Specifically, Hall has the athleticism and natural instincts to play any of the three linebacker positions. So he could take over at weak-side or strong-side, or just wait in the wings of Keith Brooking.

49. San Francisco 49ers- DJ Hall, WR Alabama

Alabama’s D.J. Hall not only brings the ability to stretch the field, he’s an outstanding possession receiver as well.

50. Cincinnati Bengals – Lawrence Jackson, DE Southern California The big question is whether the Bengals will be able to resign Justin Smith. If he does, the Bengals are set at the line for 2008 (with the addition of DeMario Pressley in the first). If not, Cincinnati evidently needs a defensive end. The preference is a bigger-than-usual end, so Lawrence Jackson, who’ll undoubtedly, underperforms in 2007, could be a very solid option. After Monday’s game against the Ravens, it’s possible that Cincinnati won’t need a weak-side linebacker after all. Landon Johnson made so many plays that they would do well in resigning him. Strong safety is still a strong option since Dexter Jackson proved he can’t stay healthy for a full season.

51. Seattle Seahawks – Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt You can’t pay too much attention to the player anymore at this moment considering the amount of offensive tackles already taken in the draft. The main message however is that the Seahawks, like many teams who went to the playoffs, will have to prepare for the future of their offensive line, in this case: left tackle. Walter Jones (33) has lost a step over the years and is going into his eleventh season. Who knows how long he’ll still continue playing? Jonathan Ogden and Orlando Pace are also already standing on their last legs and you see that the Ravens and Rams respectively have already drafted a tackle for the future. The Seahawks should do so as well.

52. St. Louis Rams – Kirk Barton, OT Ohio State Ever since the moment the Rams drafted OT Alex Barron in the first round, he was already pegged as the heir apparent to future Hall of Famer Orlando Pace. So it seems obvious now with Pace out for the season, that Barron will take over the left tackle position. Whether Pace will continue his career when he comes back in 2008 remains the question, even if he does, drafting a tackle to form a pair for the future will only secure the future of the Rams’ explosive offense. So when Pace decides to head to Canton, Ohio, the Rams will have the formidable duo of Alex Barron and Kirk Barton at the left and right side respectively. Also a word of advice, the Rams don’t have to draft a wide receiver on the first day. Drew Bennett has already proved himself as the number one receiver in Tennessee; as a result he will have no problem taking over for Isaac Bruce in the future.

53. Denver Broncos – Erin Henderson, SLB Maryland the Broncos’ lack of depth at the linebacker positions has become painfully clear already in the first week of the season. Nate Webster is currently starting at the strong-side, but he’s nothing more than a back-up. It’s clear that an upgrade will be in order. Even Ian Gold, at weak-side linebacker, isn’t sure of his starting spot. Maryland’s Erin Henderson, clearly big enough to play strong-side, was a force against the run versus West Virginia last Thursday (September 13th). At 6’3” 236 lbs, Henderson also has the athleticism to get into the backfield.

54. Philadelphia Eagles Tom Zbikowski SS Norte Dame
The Eagles are going to need some youth in that secondary of theirs
Tommy Z would learn a lot from Dawkins and can crack some head right along side of him I think this is a great pick.

55. Washington Redskins – Andre Fluellen, DT Florida State It’s hard to pick one hard-pressed necessity since the Redskins can use an upgrade or groom a future starter at many positions. For example Brandon Lloyd has shown little in Washington and Antwaan Randle El is better as a slot receiver. Furthermore, the age of the offensive linemen, LT Chris Samuels is 30, LG Pete Kendall 34, RG Randy Thomas 31 and RT Jon Jansen 31, could warrant a second round pick as well. A defensive tackle can be added as well to replace Cornelius Griffin (30 and harassed by injuries). Or perhaps even a cornerback (starter Shawn Springs is 32 and was a candidate to be cut for cap reasons).

Since offensive linemen tend to age slower than, say, linebackers, a guard or tackle could be taken in the third or fourth round and developed in one or two seasons. In the last few years the Redskins relied heavily on their defense to help them stay in play-off contention, until last season when everything broke down. During the off-season they addressed key needs very well by adding experienced players like London Fletcher and Fred Smoot and drafting a young stud in strong safety LaRon Landry. Because Cornelius Griffin can’t seem to stay healthy anymore, the ‘Skins would do well in drafting a pass-rushing defensive tackle in this year’s draft. Andre Fluellen, chosen as the team’s defensive captain, was already dominant in spring practice as he was voted Most Dominant Player by the Florida State coaches.

56. New York Jets – Bruce Davis, DE/OLB UCLA In week 1, the Jets had absolutely no pass rush against the Patriots. This could partially be attributed to the defensive play calling (mostly three man pass rush, which makes the 3-4 useless) and perhaps partially as well because of the lack of faith in the pass rushing OLBs. For one, Bryan Thomas had his best year last season as an OLB in the 3-4. On his opposite side, Victor Hobson has to be replaced as soon as possible. To be sexy and successful playing the 3-4 defenses, you need two super athletic pass rushers. For example, the most exciting 3-4 teams are the Chargers (Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips) and the Cowboys (DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer). Obviously, to add more pass rush and sex appeal to the Jets’ defense, they will have to draft an OLB. UCLA’s Bruce Davis, who also played linebacker in his junior season, has all the talent to become at least the equal of Bryan Thomas.

57. San Diego Charger -Keenan Burton, Wr Kentucky
In 2006, Burton led the Wildcats with 77 receptions for 1,036 yards and 12 touchdowns. He leads the Wildcats in kick returns, averaging 24.7 yards per return. He had one kickoff return for a touchdown in the team's season opener in Louisville. That’s what the chargers need some besides gates to catch the ball and a kick returner.

58. Green Bay Packers – DeJuan Tribble, CB Boston College

My only concern in 2008 lies at the cornerback position. Besides the fact that starters Charles Woodson and Al Harris will be 31 and 33 respectively in 2008, the depth behind them is questionable. What's more, can you ever have enough cornerbacks? From the player perspective, Boston College’s DeJuan Tribble keeps on raising the boards by making big plays in their secondary up to the point that he could be considered a first round pick.

59. Pittsburgh Steelers – Ryan Clady, OT Boise State I first had a guard (Eric Young, Tennessee) as the Steelers’ second round pick. Simply because Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca is in his contract year and has already stated that this will be his last season in Pittsburgh. Right guard Kendall Simmons also headed 2007 in his contract year, but recently signed a five year, $24 million extension. Back-up Chris Kemoeatu, though an exclusive free agent in 2008 is slated to take over for Faneca. So instead Pittsburgh will address another need on their o-line, namely right tackle, where starter Max Starx will be an unrestricted free agent in 2008. So the Steelers could draft a ‘natural’ right tackle in Ohio State’s Kirk Barton or a ‘natural’, but more raw, left tackle in Boise State’s Ryan Clady. Why choose Clady over Barton if your need is right tackle? So you can move current LT Marvel Smith to the right side, where he will be less of a liability in pass protection. By the way, Smith will also be a free agent in 2009, so just brace yourself for it now.

60. Chicago Bears – Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
Unless slot receiver Mark Bradley proves he can stay healthy and turn into the number one (or two receiver) you cannot pass over Oklahoma’s Malcolm Kelly right? Great size-speed ratio and excellent hands should help Kelly’s stock come draft time and could eventually even push him into the first round. For now, the 6’4” target is still a mid second rounder and will replace 34-year old Muhsin Muhammad as the primary receiver.

61. Baltimore Ravens – Jack Ikegwuonu, CB Wisconsin I had a top receiver here but I think the ravens will take the BPA here and pick a pass catcher in the 3rd. The only reason Jack Ikegwuonu is taken so late is because of his “character issues”. The Wisconsin cornerback is facing charges of residential burglary and criminal trespass when he broke into an apartment intending to steal an X-Box. Since commissioner Roger Goodell is in charge, nobody gets off the hook easily, so expect teams to certainly avoid problem children early in the draft. Talent-wise, Ikegwuonu easily belongs to the top cornerbacks in the country and turned heads when he chased down Darren McFadden from behind in the Capital One Bowl last season. What’s more, second year pro David Pittman was a big disappointment in his rookie season, so the Ravens will have to need other players to eventually take over for Chris McAllister (30) and Samari Rolle (31). In Baltimore’s locker room Ikegwuonu will be guided by veterans like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, who’ve encountered problems in the past as well.
62.Indianapolis Colts – Steve Justice, C Wake Forest
Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday (who made “The Block” in the Colts’ game winning drive against the Patriots) will turn 33 next year. With Tarik Glenn’s abrupt retirement, the Colts would best prepare for the unpredictable future by drafting a center now. Wake Forest’s Steve Justice is not only the top rated center in the draft, he’s also a perfect fit for the Colts’ fundamental running play: the stretch, which requires mobile offensive linemen.

63.New England Patriots– Dwight Lowery, CB San Jose State
If Asante Samuel doesn’t resign, so here comes Dwight Lowery from San Jose State. Lowery is all over the place in position rankings, so this might as well be Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tracy Porter.

64.Dallas Cowboys – Red Bryant, DT Texas A&M
With NT Jason Ferguson now also out for the season, even if his impact wasn’t significant, good luck defending the run as well! The big question is: Who inherits the nose tackle position now? Dallas is apparently interested in Tank Johnson, but he’s not signed (yet). So that’ll make Jay Ratliff, who barely weighs 300 lbs, the starter? Suddenly, the Cowboys allowing more around 35 points per game doesn’t sound so farfetched. Obviously, a long-term replacement has to be found for the 32-year old Ferguson. So Dallas adds 330 pounds of pure meat in Texas A&M’s Red Bryant. I even believe he can put on more weight on his frame. Although his size (6’5”) might disable Bryant from getting leverage against smaller centers/guards, veteran Ted Washington has shown for 17 years that it’s all about clogging lanes anyway.

65 Falcons. Mike Hart RB Michigan
66.Chiefs. Shannon Tavega G UCLA
67. Browns. Jordan Grimes G Purdue
68. Panthers. Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
69. Dolphins Reggie Smith CB/S Oklahoma
70. Giants. DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St
71. Jaguars. Michael Hamlin S Clemson
72. Vikings . Michael Oher T/G Mississippi
73. Bills . Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
74. Lions. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
75. Titans. Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee
76. Raiders. Mario Urruita WR Louisville

77. Buccaneers. Fila Moala DT USC

78. Saints. BJ Raji DT Boston College

79. Cardinals. Kelvin Ellison S USC

80. Texans . Marcus Monk WR Arkansas

81. 49ers. Kendall Langford DE/DT Hampton

82. Bengals. Tommy Blake DE/OLB TCU

83. Seahawks. Ray Rice RB Rutgers

84. Rams. Ali Highsmith OLB LSU

85. Broncos. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

86. Eagles. Herman Johnson G LSU

87. Redskins. Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

88. Jets. Martin Rucker TE Missouri

89. Chargers. Beau Bell MLB UNLV

90. Packers. Zach Bowman CB Nebraska

91. Steelers. Alex Mack C California

92. Bears. Akim Millington my personal favor I think if it was for his family needing him to make money and death he would be a top 25 pick from Oklahoma . Bears get a major steal.
93. Ravens. Tashard Choice RB Georgia Tech

94. Colts. Matt Ryan QB Boston College Peyton can play forever

95. Patriots. Heath Benedict T Newberry

96. Cowboys. J Leman Illinois

jj45
09-29-2007, 02:12 PM
what do u think

Scotty D
09-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't see Tyson Jackson in the third round but I will take Connor, Terrell, Tyson all day everyday. Amazing draft.

HoopsDemon12
09-29-2007, 02:23 PM
River and Abidi? I think we take only one of them and then grab a receiver in stead of the other, personally i like Abidi more than Rivers although Rivers has proven he is a much better player. I love the Williams pick though in the second i think he is a terrific player to grab in the second round.

Man_Of_Steel
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I like the Steelers draft. Flowers I am not a fan of but I like the position. Clady in the second is great. Great writeups all and all Im sendin rep. In closing do you really think Harvey will fall into the second round?

TitanHope
09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Absolutely amazing draft for the Titans. Selecting Bowman over Bennett may be criticized, but I like both. Especially in the 2nd round.

Campbell will start instantly at LE. Bowman may take some time as all WR's do, but adds the redzone threat we need badly. And I watch Jerod Mayo every week, and am a fan. Factor in we may have a need at MLB, I love it.

Brilliant draft for the Titans.

fischbowl
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
River and Abidi? I think we take only one of them and then grab a receiver in stead of the other, personally i like Abidi more than Rivers although Rivers has proven he is a much better player. I love the Williams pick though in the second i think he is a terrific player to grab in the second round.

no need for two OLBs especially with our D-Line. I would of liked Bowman or Ikegwuono instead of Jenkins. Also, we have the Ravens 3rd.

skinzzfan25
09-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Solid draft for the Redskins.

Love the Long pick, but I don't think we go DT twice, especially that early. I'd prefer to see a CB or WR 2nd or 3rd round, but still a nice draft.

jj45
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I like the Steelers draft. Flowers I am not a fan of but I like the position. Clady in the second is great. Great writeups all and all Im sendin rep. In closing do you really think Harvey will fall into the second round?

yeah unless he run a killer 40 i think he will cuz teams needs

Man_Of_Steel
09-29-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah unless he run a killer 40 i think he will cuz teams needs

To be honest I think theres a zero percent chance he falls to the second. Of course I thought Alan Branch was a top 5 pick so take it for what its worth.

T-RICH49
09-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Kansas City Chiefs – Jake Long, OT Michigan

It’s amazing that the Chiefs didn’t even groom a young offensive tackle to replace Willie Roaf; even though they had plenty of time to do so (he played four seasons in Kansas City). So they now plugged free agent signing Damion McIntosh at left tackle, which won’t help QB Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle. Furthermore, their receiving group behind All-Pro tight end Tony Gonzalez and veteran Eddie Kennison is unproven with Samie Parker (plagued with drops), rookie Dwayne Bowe, and untested Chris Hannon and Jeff Webb. Their defense is … well “average” at most and in need of more turnovers if the Chiefs hope to play for a .500 season. Michigan tackle Jake Long will give the Chiefs a worthy replacement of Willie Roaf (even taking over his jersey number) and a franchise left tackle for at least the next six years.
34... Kansas City Mario Manningham Wr Michigan
They have got a keeper in Bowe and Johnson will look better with long in front of him
But they could use a speedy receiver lie Manningham to really spread this offense Croyle will look great with a better #2 option cuz Bowe will be the number one by next year. And Sammy parker can control the drop passes.
66. Kansas City Shannon Tavega G UCLA

We need a CB so if you could change our 3rd to Reggie Smith I would like it better.Great 1st and 2nd round picks though

GB12
09-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I doubt we take 2 first day CBs, but it was a good mock.

Yung Flippa
09-29-2007, 07:23 PM
iF the Ravens get two cornerback picks, i would be shocked, but, i wouldn't hate the picks.

d34ng3l021
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM
I like all the Falcon picks except Brohm over Woodson.

Average OT LB
09-29-2007, 11:49 PM
again, i really dont see the chargers taking ILB .. not even the first day... if the season were to end today that would indeed be the case- although we may not be in love with the starters, what we do have is depth. There are 5 good ILBs (although some fans i know might say 4) and i really dont think that we would add a player to the mix, when we have other areas to attack. D-Flo is all but gone, and mccree isnt exactly a franchise safety.. defensive backfield is probably where we will go yet again..

neko4
09-29-2007, 11:52 PM
1 CB is suffeciant in the first day, especially since Jarrett Bush is doing alrite as a nickel, though we could improve.

2nd of all, how dare you call Jackson a bust? If youve seen the packers play this year you'd realize the holes arent there. May have to do with losing our O coordinator, or the fact we have 2, 2nd year Guards, but run blocking has been average at best.

aNYtitan
09-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Wow, even though I don't see the Titans picking that high, I couldn't be happier with the selection. Calais Campbell will make us forgot about the original "Freak" and will instantly start opposite KVB. Bowman is the big man that will help Vince in the red zone, but I think if you want to go big play, they should draft Malcolm Kelly, who I have much higher and would probably go back to school if he were to go this low. Kelly imo is a poor man's Roy Williams, but he has the potential to be Roy Williams. I don't know much about Jered Mayo to comment so I won't say anything, except that we will probably need to draft a DT since Starks and Brown are FA's (I believe, but I know we have 2 FA DT's besides Haynesworth this offseason.)

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-30-2007, 12:54 AM
I hope that you made the Raiders 1st round pick before Russell signed his contract.Im not against going OT first round but I dont think hes worth picking #12 overall.
2nd is good.
we dont have a 3rd.thats NE's pick.

WMD
09-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I like the Lions draft quite a bit.. but if I had my way, with the players available at each of our picks, I'd go::

Round 1: Calais Campbell, DE
Round 2: Aqib Talib, CB
Round 3: Tommy Blake, OLB

I would make out with anyone on this board for 2 straight days if it meant we could have that draft. I absolutely positively love all three of those players.

Green Bay Scat
09-30-2007, 01:42 AM
No Jonathan Goff? i mean hes only the #2 senior MLB. Brinkley might not even come out and if he does, he'll get the Anthony Waters(?) treatment and be a 3rd rounder.

neko4
09-30-2007, 01:43 AM
is brinkley going to get a med redshirt?

Caddy
09-30-2007, 02:16 AM
You're analysis of the Buc's is not really accurate but I don't really mind the pick.

Bills2083
09-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I dont agree with taking two LBs on day one. We have a lot of needs. We also have two 3rd rounders (Baltimore).

I like the first rounder (although I wouldn't mind going with Connor)
I also like taking Jenkins in the second

I like Adibi, but since we drafted an OLB in the 1st, I dont see this happening. We would already have our LB corps set in Crowell-Poz-Connor/Rivers. I'd rather go with a WR here. Preferably Marcus Monk. He would be our #2 WR and would take some pressure off of Evans. Letting him stretch the field more.

BTW, what # is Baltimore's pick, because we would have it.

luckyjackaubrey
09-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Bj Raji will not be coming out. He red-shirted due to acedemics and plans on returning next fall with Brian Toal.

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 10:52 AM
no need for two OLBs especially with our D-Line. I would of liked Bowman or Ikegwuono instead of Jenkins. Also, we have the Ravens 3rd.

i didnt realize Ike was still on the board.. for sure i would take him over jenkins any day of the week. And im a Bowmna homer so of course getting him would be awesome.

SuperMcGee
09-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, out of four first day picks the Bills need a WR or TE for at least one of them.
Don't like getting two linebackers, but I'm a huge Jenkins fan and I love that pick.

Bills2083
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
i didnt realize Ike was still on the board.. for sure i would take him over jenkins any day of the week. And im a Bowmna homer so of course getting him would be awesome.

I also missed that he was still on the board. I thought he wouldve been gone by then. I'd take Connors/Rivers then Bowman in the 2nd

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
I also missed that he was still on the board. I thought he wouldve been gone by then. I'd take Connors/Rivers then Bowman in the 2nd

Actually i think i would go Connor then Ike and then grab another receiver in the third. We have no depth behind Mgee and Youboty and its showing.. although we only have Lee Evans... so its prolly a toss up. But i take Connor over Rivers

ironman4579
09-30-2007, 02:58 PM
No Shawn Crable? I really can't see him going outside the 3rd, especially with the numbers he's putting up so far this year.

nemesis3394
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
For the vikes, I think that with the 2nd rounder we should go with erin henderson (to team with his bro e.j.) or ryan clady to shore up the right side of the line...woodson in the first would be good too but other than that it looks pretty good

Aftermath
09-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Demario Pressley, Lawrence Jackson AND Tommy Blake?

SIGN ME UP!

Vikes99ej
09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice Vikings picks, even though we'll be picking higher than 8th

23trufant
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Fred Davis in my opinion is not a first round TE but he has talent and its a need. Other 2 picks are solid as well I like Rice in the 3rd.

thebow305
10-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I really like that phins draft. The only problem I have with it is Dre Moore, I don't feel he that elite of a prospect yet, maybe around draft time he will be, we will see. And even so, we already took Paul Soliai in the fourth round this year to help be the future of the interior defensive line. We have much bigger needs. If you gave us Derrick Harvey there in the second in that situation instead, the draft would be PERFECT. As our outside pass rushers Jason Taylor and Joey Porter have showed rapid decline so far this year. That's just my opinion. Good job overall though!

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't see Tyson Jackson in the third round but I will take Connor, Terrell, Tyson all day everyday. Amazing draft.

Calais is still available in round 1, I doubt we go LB with a DE like that sitting there could just be me.

WMD
10-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Calais is still available in round 1, I doubt we go LB with a DE like that sitting there could just be me.

I doubt Calais falls out of the Top 5, if he declares this year..

Addict
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I doubt Calais falls out of the Top 5, if he declares this year..

shut up 10k man.

fenikz
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Although I like the 1st 2 Cardinals picks, they would be a huge luxury, either one would be fine by me, We need a CB in the 2nd as Green & Hood are still a huge liability to be beaten deep. Holt has been good at FS and he is under contract for a few more years so thats not a big need right now give us some O-Line help

The OUTLAW
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't think that you've done any research on the needs of the Browns. I really don't think they'll end up with the 3rd pick, but they really need defensive linemen ten times more than they need a rb and a g.

ironman4579
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
EDIT:Never mind.

Finsfan79
10-02-2007, 06:59 AM
while I do like the positions you gave to miami I dont like the players in particular honestly.

I dont think baker is a top 10 player or especially a top 5 pick currently. With long gone I think the two BPA are campbell and phillips.

I do like the idea of clady for the second round for a Tackle for us to work with perhaps upon the left or right side.

I would most of all hope for a trade back for the fins for more picks as this team has soo many holes is it just foolish. Overall a good thoughts process and all for the draft

Crow
10-03-2007, 12:04 AM
This draft must have been put together a month ago.

12.   Oakland Raiders – Gosper Chervils, OT Boston College the Raiders’ offense is in full rebuilding mode. Yet they haven’t even signed their franchise quarterback JaMarcus Russell to a contract yet. So instead of letting him learn behind Josh McCown and Daunte Culpepper in training camp, preseason and regular season, he’s probably still trying to figure out how to read an NFL playbook somewhere in the States. All this while their defense seems ready to play in the playoffs with playmakers at every position: Derrick Burgess (DE), Warren Sapp (DT), Thomas Howard (LB), Nnamdi Asomugha (how did he NOT make the Pro Bowl?) and Fabian Washington (CB) and Michael Huff (S). So what can coach Lane Kiffin do to upgrade his offense? How about protecting your quarterback? Because one of the reasons Josh McCown is starting over Culpepper is because of his mobility. And if you base your starting quarterback on that attribute, signing Russell wouldn’t be my first priority as well. So surprisingly, career back up Cornell Green is starting at right tackle and former guard Barry Sims at left tackle. Add draft bust Robert Gallery and a new blocking scheme (zone), and you’ve got the perfect ingredients for more sacks allowed than in 2006. Consequently, it should come as no surprise that the Raiders finally add protection instead of going for the sexy pick (Limas Sweed). In addition, Cherilus also played a zone-blocking scheme at Boston College.
Playoff defense? Where? Ours?

*snicker*

Not an awful pick, but hardly a great one. And I think your "more sacks allowed than in 2006" prediction has been all but shot to hell.

Would have really gotten wood over a Quentin Groves Sed Ellis, or even Chris Long pick here.

44.Oakland Raiders – Earl Bennett, WR Vanderbilt
Next to the fact that number one receiver (only on Oakland’s depth chart) Jerry Porter can opt out of his contract in 2008, there are no standouts in the Raiders receiving corps. Can Ronald Curry stay healthy after two Achilles’ tears? Can Johnnie Lee Higgins take his return game to the passing game? Will former Coach Lane Kiffin be able to motivate his former student Mike Williams? All these questions will be too much to bear for a rookie quarterback. Imagine starting Russell, but barely having any quality offensive linemen and no threats in the passing game. In addition, Bennett’s precise route running will look good next to deep threat Higgins and big target Williams. So it seems rather obvious that the Raiders add more offensive weapons in the second round. The ranking of the receivers group after the Top 5 gets cloudy. So this pick might as well have been Keenan Burton, Malcolm Kelly, Andre Caldwell, Harry Douglas, Mario Urrutia, or D.J. Hall.

Curry: 3 Achilles' tears.

You'll get no arguments from me regarding our need for a WR. It's pretty apparent...unless Porter just falls in love with Kiffin. Even then, he's more of a glorified slot receiver, IMO.

76. Raiders. Mario Urruita WR Louisville
Another WR?

Anyway, I believe we sent this pick to New England so we could take Mario Henderson this year.

BlindSite
10-03-2007, 03:25 AM
The Panthers pick reads like you're on crack.

The running game is great right now, the receivers are good, everything is good, we need either a Defensive End, Offensive Tackle OR Safety.

NYGibril28
10-03-2007, 06:56 AM
On Kenny Phillips...

Good pick, actually great pick if we're in position for him. Gibril has played well this season though, and if he continues to perform well and better than last year, he should be back. James Butler could use a definite upgrade though.

On James Davis...

Ward is showcasing the fact that the Giants could have any RB and have him be successful. Similar, although not on the level, to Denver. I don't think they'd draft a RB this early, but I do like Davis and wouldn't mind if they did.

On DeMario Pressley...

Great pick. Fills a need and provides good value.

Overall you did a lot of research and I compliment you on that. Of course, there's going to be a lot of disagreement but that comes with the territory.