PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Hall

d34ng3l021
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
What do you think will be the outcome of this? Is this going to be Deion Sanders all over again? Hall and Petrino dont have a very good relationship it seems, and Hall can already void the 09 season and might leave as a FA, if we dont end up trading him after this year.

I seriously hope things can mend up, because I think he is going to be the best man to man corner in the league as soon as he matures and gets his head in the game. He is only 23.

iloxygenil
09-29-2007, 10:07 PM
He'll be fine...he'll be a lifetime Falcon, we have to have him.

D-Rod
09-30-2007, 03:54 AM
We'll see. They basically have a year to mend the relationship, but frankly I don't think that Hall is mature enough to accept that he is in the wrong. If Hall and Petrino still have issues at the end of this season, I can see McKay starting to shop Hall around. Problem is, no team would be willing to agree a trade without getting him signed longterm, and they're not going to tempt Hall without a massive offer.

Right now, the odds are that Hall leaves as a free agent at the end of the 2008 season. Things might change, but right now that's the likeliest option, bad as it is.

If it comes down to a battle between Petrino and Hall, there's only going to be one winner.

iloxygenil
09-30-2007, 09:15 AM
We've learned with Schaub we don't let players get away for nothing...

BNad
09-30-2007, 06:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnwaT4xXVoMVRXeLurnTFjJDubYF?slug=jc-halltraderequest093007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Atlanta Falcons Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall asked the franchise to trade him last week, according to two sources. The Falcons informed Hall that his request will not be immediately granted.

"He's going to play out the season and see what happens," said a source close to Hall. "He's not happy, but he'll calm down and see how things are I would expect some teams will be asking about him, but the Falcons said they won't trade him."

Both sources said Hall's antics during a loss to the Carolina Panthers in Week 3 were a product of frustration with losing and from his dissatisfaction with how the team has handled numerous issues. That includes the treatment of quarterback and close friend Michael Vick suspended by the league and asked to repay the Falcons $20 million in signing bonuses in relation to his guilty plea on federal dogfighting charges.

Hall was fined $100,000 after being flagged three times for 67 yards on the game-deciding drive and then arguing with Petrino against the Panthers. In addition, Hall was benched during the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Houston Texasn.

Asked if Hall and coach Bobby Petrino were getting along, one of the sources said, "Let's just say, they'll have some time to figure it out."

Hall is considered one of the top players on the Falcons roster, particularly after the loss of Vick. Hall, who has two years remaining on his contract, was the No. 8 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft.

During the offseason, Hall said he wanted to wait until free agency before signing a new contract.

thefalconer
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
nooooo...!

oldLibid21
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Either or, DeAngelo Hall would want to get big cash after this season. Blank won't let Hall just walk though, we will get something or someone that will make up for DeAngelo Hall if he leaves... so don't worry. Hall's good, but his ego always got in the way. I believe he's better than Champ Bailey and all of those other cornerbacks that outperform him week in and week out, but he just gets too confident every game, and I really think that he doesn't get the most out of his talent that way. It's hard to hear this especially after we lost the biggest part of our franchise, and now, it seems like we can be potentially losing what seemed to be the face of our defense for many years to come.

thefalconer
09-30-2007, 09:09 PM
i think its imperative we keep him. we have a 23 year old locking down many of the top recievers today. he has an incredible future and if we lose him it just sets our 'rebuilding' farther.

fenikz
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
the cards would be glad to give ya a 2nd or 3rd for him

he basically wont even have to change uniforms

d34ng3l021
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
**** it up again FO. Make us regret this like we regret Deion Sanders. Make it like we regret Brett Favre.

Shiver
10-01-2007, 01:51 AM
DeAngelo Hall is a moron. Seriously, you screw up, you let everyone on the team down and YOU demand to be traded? That's enough to alienate me.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-01-2007, 04:53 AM
the cards would be glad to give ya a 2nd or 3rd for him

he basically wont even have to change uniforms

That's the going rate for shut down corners?

fenikz
10-01-2007, 10:52 AM
That's the going rate for shut down corners?

shh i'm trying to rob you guys

rsx
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
atl, please keep hall. thank you.

BNad
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I lost the article, but did anyone else see where he thought they had the falling out because he didn't want to play WR and PR? I think it said he went to one offensive meeting and decided he didn't want to learn an offense along with the new defense and didn't want to return kicks because he didn't want to get hurt.

I would hope that played no factor in their relationship, though.

Shiver
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd trade DeAngelo Hall for a stud LT/QB or a top draft pick (to acquire one of the aforementioned positions) any day. The odds are that no team would give up that much, so right now we just have to hope that they mend this relationship.

iloxygenil
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
A top 5 corner at his age is virtually priceless...you can't let that go...if you do you have to get a franchise player. Shut down corners are very VERY few and far between, but he shuts his side of the field down...weekly. I don't care if most of the prick 'fans' around here don't like him or his attitude, he's worth the 'hastle'

Shiver
10-01-2007, 04:31 PM
He's demanding to be traded, even after he was the one who screwed up! If I could get a good deal for him, why not? He's clearly a head case and has never played technically consistent at his position. He is very, very good no doubt, but this is a team sport. Continuity and attitude win more than just raw talent.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
He's demanding to be traded, even after he was the one who screwed up! If I could get a good deal for him, why not? He's clearly a head case and has never played technically consistent at his position. He is very, very good no doubt, but this is a team sport. Continuity and attitude win more than just raw talent.

I just can't justify giving up a 23 year old shutdown corner. It's virtually impossible.

PTPaQ
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Do you guys seriously think DeAngelo Hall is good?

He might just be the most overated player in the league.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Do you guys seriously think DeAngelo Hall is good?

He might just be the most overated player in the league.

Which would explain why the most catches he has given up this year is 2 right?

PTPaQ
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Is that including him dragging receivers down before they catch the ball? I can't believe somebody up there said he's better then Champ Bailey.

He gets clowned by any decent receiver he goes against. If he would humble up and focus he could be decent in a few years.

iloxygenil
10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
'He gets clowned by any decent receiver he goes against.'

Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards...

Yeah, he got SCHOOLED...darn...he made a smart play by giving up less yards by taking the PI penalty...beat 1 time all season...he's AWFUL guys, why don't we just cut him?

GTFO

brat316
10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I thinking he is going to leave the Falcons, who looks like he wants to win. I wonder would take him, Steelers, Cards, Indy, Cincy

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Jeez. If we do trade him, we better get something amazing in reurn.

iloxygenil
10-02-2007, 12:40 PM
He never asked or demanded a trade...that's all. Now the vultures can leave.

PTPaQ
10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
'He gets clowned by any decent receiver he goes against.'

Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards...

Yeah, he got SCHOOLED...darn...he made a smart play by giving up less yards by taking the PI penalty...beat 1 time all season...he's AWFUL guys, why don't we just cut him?

GTFO

You must not watch him when he plays against T.O. or Chad Johnson.

I know your last 4 opponents have had powerhouse receivers like Troy Williamson, Reggie Williams, The QB'less Panthers, and the Andre Johnson'less Texans. So yeah great job.

"Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards..."

hahah. I would hope that you know theres more to the story than that.

But probably not.

So yeah, "schooled" is when you finally dont have safety help, Steve Smith runs completely by you and you have to yank him down from behind to avoid a TD. I dont blame him though, he's probably tired of being dragged into the Endzone.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
You must not watch him when he plays against T.O. or Chad Johnson.

I know your last 4 opponents have had powerhouse receivers like Troy Williamson, Reggie Williams, The QB'less Panthers, and the Andre Johnson'less Texans. So yeah great job.

"Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers - 1 catch 10 yards..."

hahah. I would hope that you know theres more to the story than that.

But probably not.

So yeah, "schooled" is when you finally dont have safety help, Steve Smith runs completely by you and you have to yank him down from behind to avoid a TD. I dont blame him though, he's probably tired of being dragged into the Endzone.

Yes. Because locking down the side of the field that has one of the best WR, and most explosive football players on it is such an easy task.

BamaFalcon59
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
When he finally doesn't have safety help? Our safties aren't exactly coverage studs and you can pass the ball within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

d34ng3l021
10-23-2007, 02:30 AM
What do you guys think about Hall's play this season? I think he is playing like a top3 corner this year.

Hopefully he resigns with us.

P.S. I really like all these Player Name threads.

brat316
10-23-2007, 02:41 AM
I think he leaves, he knows that the Falcons are now in a rebuilding process, with a loss of Vick, a new coach and his new qb.(soon to be comming). The only bright spots on the team are Hall, and the Lbs, and Abharham who has all 5 of Atls. sacks. Norwood is the only Offensive weapon, with the O-line in shamble because of injuries. Roddy White is finally putting up some numbers.

iloxygenil
10-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Abharham who has all 5 of Atls. sacks.

This line ALONE discredits you completely...simply because you don't know...

Shiver
10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
What do you guys think about Hall's play this season? I think he is playing like a top3 corner this year.

Hopefully he resigns with us.

P.S. I really like all these Player Name threads.

He's playing really, really good. Looking back on this thread and I really overreacted the the so-called "meltdown" and the rumored trade request.

scar988
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
This line ALONE discredits you completely...simply because you don't know...exactly. cause Babineaux has 2 sacks, Crocker has 1, and Gravy has 1 in addition to Abraham's 5 leading to 9 total sacks.

brat316
10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
my bad for not putting Abraham has 5 of Atl. 9 sacks. I was just trying to say that he is one of the few bright spots in ATl. D.

georgiafan
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
looks like he is at it agian

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/10/24/dhall_1024.html

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, he's a goner.

Shiver
10-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I wonder we could get from him in a trade?

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Petrino better be careful or Hall will be wearing a blue and white jersey next year...

Shiver
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
looks like he is at it agian

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/10/24/dhall_1024.html

Right now it appears that the incumbent veterans from the Jim Mora era are on there way out and they want to go out loud and distracting.

Shiver
10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Petrino better be careful or Hall will be wearing a blue and white jersey next year...

I would be worried if I were you. The Redskins are the kind of team that trades for players without second thought. A first round pick for DeAngelo Hall sounds awfully nice right now...

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I would be worried if I were you. The Redskins are the kind of team that trades for players without second thought. A first round pick for DeAngelo Hall sounds awfully nice right now...

I'd prefer to hold onto the young shutdown corner. This might be the best we can do though.

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM

I doubt they send a first - perhaps swapping a 1st for your 2nd and Hall

iloxygenil
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Mad you have no idea do you? Deangelo Hall is one of the top 5 Corners likely top 3 corners in the league, he's 24 years old...give me a break, he's not going ANYWHERE for less than a first rounder...we swapped first and got 2 2nds for Matt Schaub...a backup QB...Deangelo Hall is proven...and he'll be a Falcon no doubt...things are operating differently than they did before. Don't worry...you guys gleaned from Atlanta's stupidity before with Deion Sanders, you won't get that lucky again. But anything LESS than a 1st rounder is pathetic, and I would be SHOCKED IF he moves anywhere that it wouldn't be a 1st AND 2nd...

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Mad you have no idea do you? Deangelo Hall is one of the top 5 Corners likely top 3 corners in the league, he's 24 years old...give me a break, he's not going ANYWHERE for less than a first rounder...we swapped first and got 2 2nds for Matt Schaub...a backup QB...Deangelo Hall is proven...and he'll be a Falcon no doubt...things are operating differently than they did before. Don't worry...you guys gleaned from Atlanta's stupidity before with Deion Sanders, you won't get that lucky again. But anything LESS than a 1st rounder is pathetic, and I would be SHOCKED IF he moves anywhere that it wouldn't be a 1st AND 2nd...

Maybe so - if Petrino wants him gone, he want's to be gone, and Jerry is sitting there with welcoming arms, I could see a deal being made - especially with CB being one of our biggest weaknesess.

The fact that we have 2 first's to play with makes it even easier.

By the way, not sure how it plays out, but isn't our first (v CLE) for your 2nd (v HOU) equal a late 1st (assuming CLE comes out in the 8-12th range)

brat316
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Doesnt Hall have a thing in his contract this year when he can opt out. The trade deadline passes i believe. So end of season come Hall opts out and chooses where he wants to go and get a fat pay day like Nate Clements from ohhh i dont know maybe Steelers.

Shiver
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I hope someone pays him like they paid Clements. That would be funny. Hall is very good, but as Lawyer Milloy said about him "self proclaimed best in the game." As in he's the only one who actually believes that.

BamaFalcon59
10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I really don't like how the Petrino era is beginning. I like the coach but sending out our best players is horrible. I mean, maybe he is a Couglin in the lockerroom. Who knows. I know he worked with him, and I don't want that as a head coach. Hall is one of the, if not the, best player on our defense. Right on par with Michael Boley and Big Ol' Gra--- oops never mind he got cut.

Ugh, I don't mind winning but disunity in the lockeroom sucks and just screams a failed coaching regime.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Doesnt Hall have a thing in his contract this year when he can opt out. The trade deadline passes i believe. So end of season come Hall opts out and chooses where he wants to go and get a fat pay day like Nate Clements from ohhh i dont know maybe Steelers.

Slap a franchise tag on his ass.

Shiver
10-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I really don't like how the Petrino era is beginning. I like the coach but sending out our best players is horrible. I mean, maybe he is a Couglin in the lockerroom. Who knows. I know he worked with him, and I don't want that as a head coach. Hall is one of the, if not the, best player on our defense. Right on par with Michael Boley and Big Ol' Gra--- oops never mind he got cut.

Ugh, I don't mind winning but disunity in the lockeroom sucks and just screams a failed coaching regime.

I wouldn't put all the blame on the coaching staff. The team wasn't exactly rosy last year, or the year before that. I mean both in '05 and '06 the team imploded at mid-season. These veterans weren't doing their job and now they are being replaced. There is no reason for the remaining veterans to ***** about it to the media.

Besides, look on the bright side. It could be worse; the Miami Dolphins anyone?

brat316
10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Slap a franchise tag on his ass.

ahahahh, thats why players complain saying thats not what the Tag was ment for. I see that happing, Hall waves bye-bye, Aurther slap that Tag and says, how much can i get from you?

Shiver
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
I wish we would have drafted Dunta Robinson. He can play and he isn't a narcissistic diva.

LonghornsLegend
10-25-2007, 01:47 AM
I wish we would have drafted Dunta Robinson. He can play and he isn't a narcissistic diva.

And he's really turning into a great young cb, I love his game, physical, fast and can cover elite wr's

Anyway with Hall, yes he is worth a first, and YES I would fall in love if we gave up our first(clevelands pick) for him...im sure ATL would take it, we are drafting a CB more then likely in the first rd, and Hall is about the same age Newman was when we drafted him...

Well....at least it sounds good, too bad TO spit on Deangelo and those 2 on the same team would NEVER work

d34ng3l021
10-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Is it me, or is Robinson not used properly. He is like never on the best WR. And whoever is playing opposite Robinson (usually number 1 reciever) makes huge plays.

Man. I am so pissed about this Hall situation. I really dont want him to leave. He has been playing lights out this season too. COME ON. Stop being such a prissy ****** Hall.

Shiver
10-25-2007, 03:02 AM
Keith Brooking, Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, etc. Those guys may feel like Hall does, but they aren't immature douche-bags and go to the media to vent.

D-Rod
10-25-2007, 03:13 AM
There's only one silver lining. Hall is a competitive little sh**, so I don't expect to see him tank out the next season and a half, which some players might do.

And there's only one thing which will keep Hall happy, and persuade him to stay: winning. If we get a quick turnaround next year, and put together 7 or 8 wins, he might end up staying.

But it's not looking likely, and McKay might have to grab something in a trade if it's going...

scar988
10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
There's only one silver lining. Hall is a competitive little sh**, so I don't expect to see him tank out the next season and a half, which some players might do.

And there's only one thing which will keep Hall happy, and persuade him to stay: winning. If we get a quick turnaround next year, and put together 7 or 8 wins, he might end up staying.

But it's not looking likely, and McKay might have to grab something in a trade if it's going...

yeah, at this point I would just trade Hall for a guy like Vilma to play the middle for us and then a 3rd...

D-Rod
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Vilma would be great.

If we do have to get rid of Hall, there should be some talented CB's at the top of the 2nd this year. This site has guys like Mike Jenkins, Zach Bowman, Terrell Thomas in that range. It would be a shame to lose Hall, but every player is replaceable.

Houston and Jenkins, for instance, could form a high end partnership in a year or two.

Draft King
10-26-2007, 10:26 PM
As much as I don't want it to happen, it is going to suck to see D. Hall go. Lockdown corner when on his game and is only going to prove, hopefully he gets his act together, and if not a good trade would be nice.

Shiver
10-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Think on the bright side: if the team trades DeAngelo Hall for a 2nd round pick the team would have the ammo necessary to add a stud LT and QB that the team desperately needs. I think the offense would flourish if the team did something similar to what the Cleveland Browns did last year. Jake Long and Brian Brohm anybody?

BamaFalcon59
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM
The odds of a 2nd round pick, or a 1st even, of being better than DeAngelo Hall aren't very good. Then we just have a massive need at CB.

Oh, and Jonathan Vilma is out for season.

Shiver
10-27-2007, 04:52 PM
If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-27-2007, 07:44 PM
If DeAngelo Hall is going to continue complaining and demanding to be paid like the best corner in the league, something he definitely is not, then yes I would rather have the draft pick. You cannot win with that kind of attitude eroding the team morale.

He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.

Shiver
10-28-2007, 12:46 AM
He is still a top 3 corner at the age of 23. That doesn't come around often. You say he is killing the morale, but he isn't. That one falls on Petrino.

Hall is not top-3. He makes plays on the ball, but so do players like Asante Samuel and Rashean Mathis and they don't get picked on successfully as often as Hall does.

Shiver
10-28-2007, 02:21 AM
As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-28-2007, 06:58 AM
As a follow up to my prior post: Atlanta was the worst team against #1 receivers last year. I know that isn't all on Hall, but still that is still an indictment of Hall's risky playing style that allows opposing receivers to make plays. What about this year? Improvement: 25th against #1 receivers. Not exactly ideal.

I really don't see it. Hall effectively has shutdown ever WR, except for Toomer/Plaxico.

falconsrule
10-28-2007, 03:06 PM

You also have to consider the safeties that are playing behind him which we know are not the best in coverage.

Shiver
10-29-2007, 08:30 PM
FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
Chris Mortensen of ESPN (http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

soybean
10-29-2007, 08:33 PM
FALCONS PUNISH HALL FOR COMMENTS
Chris Mortensen of ESPN (http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) reports that the Falcons have fined cornerback DeAngelo Hall $50,000 for his recent comments criticizing the team for cutting defensive tackle Grady Jackson.
Technically, the team is merely enforcing the full amount of the $100,000 fine imposed on him after a meltdown during a game against the Panthers, during which Hall was fined three times for 67 yards on the same drive.
Apparently, the Falcons told Hall that, if he keeps his mouth shut, the fine will be cut to $50,000. Since Hall hasn't, the $50,000 has been reinstated.

damn you lose money and yards all in one drive? that's harsh.

d34ng3l021
10-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah. The slim chances of him staying are pretty much gone. I dont think he wants any part of this organization anymore. I bet he likes the idea of going to a new team too. Just like his idol Sanders.

Shiver
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM
DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.

ShutDwn
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
That is kind of a cool thing, as much as I hate Hall.

brat316
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Or maybe he is just playing nice now, and then come time he dips

scar988
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
DeAngelo Hall handing his intercepted ball to Arthur Blank is a great sign. That means he wants to play in Atlanta, but it also means he wants to be paid. If all it takes is a new contract and all of this will be water under the bridge I will be ecstatic.
true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-05-2007, 04:50 AM
true that... hmmm... my thoughts on this situation... he could be in the whole I'm a team player mold right now... he had 2 int's that he caught with other guys and let them come down with it instead of him because as he said they had better position to get yards after the play... it's not a surprise to see him do this... but I'm just glad he is playing well.

Yeah, it'd be so awesome to keep Hall around. For the most part I really like our D, it's just our offense that needs alot of work.

People have been talking about him trying to steal the ball from Jimmy. It didn't look like that at all to me. It looked like he was trying to make sure Jimmy had it.

iloxygenil
11-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I didn't get to see Jimmy's INT...anyone have a place where I can see that? I saw Milloy's and Deangelo's but I'd love to see Jimmy's, since it's his first!

D-Rod
11-05-2007, 01:09 PM

I agree, it's a good sign. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it just meant that Hall knew he'd get extra media coverage by making a "statement", regardless of what that statement was.

And he was right.

Still, hopefully, if we can win some games, Hall might be persuaded to stay.

d34ng3l021
11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I didn't get to see Jimmy's INT...anyone have a place where I can see that? I saw Milloy's and Deangelo's but I'd love to see Jimmy's, since it's his first!

Just imagine Milloys. They were about the same. Hall was fighting for that as well. Its nice to see Hall around the ball today, but when your fellow college teammate has his first NFL interception, to end the game, just let him have it. That kinda pissed me off.

thefalconer
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
anyone got a link for any highlights of teh game?

iloxygenil
11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
www.nfl.com they always have highlights

d34ng3l021
11-08-2007, 01:12 AM
I think Hall has become underrated. Is it just me?

BNad
11-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I think Hall has become underrated. Is it just me?

Maybe amongst the people who can't get over his sometimes childish behavior. I think most people that just look at how he plays don't underrate him by much, if any.

brat316
11-08-2007, 08:15 AM
He is a top 3 Corner

1. Champ
2. Nate
3. Hall
3. Samuels

ATLDirtyBirds
11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
He is a top 3 Corner

1. Champ
2. Nate
3. Hall
3. Samuels

Champ hasn't impressed me at all this year. I think it's fair to say DeAngelo has out premormed him.

brat316
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes Hall has out preformed him this one year, if he does it again next year, Hall is 1.

d34ng3l021
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Hall hasnt let up a TD this season, if you count Toomer's TD in D-Will's zone.

iloxygenil
11-12-2007, 02:03 AM
So happy to know that he's going to be here in ATL long term. Petrino is doing it up big time here in ATL and he knows how to coach a football team, he's got this team following his lead, it's just a matter of time til we start putting up more points.

d34ng3l021
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Hm. So far he has given up 1 TD and a couple of big passes in the past few weeks. Still not to bad, considering his overall season.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Hm. So far he has given up 1 TD and a couple of big passes in the past few weeks. Still not to bad, considering his overall season.

People are overrating what Gonzalez did to him. He was obviously funneling him to Chris Crocker, and getting no help.

Draft King
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
The man looked damn good last night, I remember one distinct play where he just went up and knocked the ball out of Marques Colston's hands. Only a couple of catches were made his way.

P.S. how cool is Roddy White for wearing that shirt.

NYGibril28
12-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Hall hasnt let up a TD this season, if you count Toomer's TD in D-Will's zone.

VaTech represent. Toomer the only player to sort of score on Hall, NICE!

LonghornsLegend
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
The man looked damn good last night, I remember one distinct play where he just went up and knocked the ball out of Marques Colston's hands. Only a couple of catches were made his way.

P.S. how cool is Roddy White for wearing that shirt.

Thats what I like to see, he's probably gonna catch flack for doin that but thats his team mate so he still holds it down...Loved it

Shiver
12-11-2007, 09:46 PM
VaTech represent. Toomer the only player to sort of score on Hall, NICE!

Toomer didn't score on Hall. It was a zone, and Demorrio Williams bit down on the play action. The only player to beat Hall in man to man coverage was Joey Galloway.

NYGibril28
12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Toomer didn't score on Hall. It was a zone, and Demorrio Williams bit down on the play action. The only player to beat Hall in man to man coverage was Joey Galloway.

That's why I said sort of!

d34ng3l021
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I might have said it before, but I think DeAngelo Hall deserves Nate Clements money. He isnt going to get lazy after the contract because of his strive to be the best, and he isnt going to slow down anytime soon, seeing that he is only 24. He is pretty much the face of this franchise now, and we need to lock him up.

Shiver
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
DeAngelo Hall tore Bobby Petrino apart on Sportscenter. He said that Arkansas isn't a good SEC team and that he'll have to watch Atlanta turn things around and win without him. I think that all of our fears about DeAngelo Hall being unhappy can be put to rest now that Petrino is gone.

Vikes99ej
12-11-2007, 11:28 PM
I hope the Falcons keep Hall. He's my favorite cornerback in the league.

Shiver
12-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I hope they keep him too. He has been great this year. They need to extend him and Boley as soon as possible.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-12-2007, 05:11 AM
DeAngelo is the man. He's really coming close to being the best corner in the league.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Thats what I like to see, he's probably gonna catch flack for doin that but thats his team mate so he still holds it down...Loved it

Exactly. I loved that he's still doing whatever he can to show support for his teammate.

thefalconer
12-12-2007, 05:32 AM
hall > petrino.

iloxygenil
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Open Mouth insert foot for all those who were calling out Hall.

BamaFalcon59
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Boley and him are great players. Babineux has been great as well. Jamaal Anderson, Chris Houston, and Jimmy Williams need to step up.

BamaFalcon59
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
His trade value, if he was traded, would be off the charts. A 24 year old 2-time probowl CB who is playing amazing. He is as old as a college player and is a NFL probowler.

iloxygenil
12-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Houston is playing well...I'm glad to see him out there...getting beat or not...he's learning, in large part it's good.

thefalconer
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
yeah this season is a lost cause anyways.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
With Petrino out, Hall wants in

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/13/07

Flowery Branch — Cornerback DeAngelo Hall said former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino's departure has strengthened his desire to remain with the team. Hall's contract runs through 2008 but he would like to reach an extension before the start of next season. So far, he said there have been no talks.

Hall would not have been eager to stay with the Falcons had Petrino stayed, in part because he said Petrino didn't want him back.

"I want to be here," Hall said. "Probably the lead guy who didn't want me here is gone so my chances to be here are looking pretty good.

"Losing isn't fun for anybody so there needs to be some steps taken in the offseason to help us win. That will ultimately determine if I sign a long-term deal here.

"[Team owner] Arthur Blank knows that, [president and general manager] Rich McKay knows that. I feel like we're going to get the right people here and I feel like I'm going to be here."

Hall doesn't expect a fine

Hall said he doesn't expect to be fined for bringing a poster of imprisoned quarterback Michael Vick on to the field before Monday night's home game against New Orleans, or for taping it on the back of the bleachers.

Hall said that league rules ban props during games, but not before kickoff.

Wide receiver Roddy White will likely find out Friday if he'll be fined for flashing his "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt after his touchdown catch.

d34ng3l021
12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
The day Hall gets a extension, I will be a very happy man.

Shiver
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Him and Boley need contracts for sure.

d34ng3l021
12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Yep. You think Hall and Boley go to the Pro Bowl?

LonghornsLegend
12-14-2007, 02:54 AM
I think Deangelo is stepping up and leading this team, he doesnt want to run away from the problem either and I love that about him...There is alot to build on with the team, of course this next draft is going to be really important for you guys

ATLDirtyBirds
12-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Yep. You think Hall and Boley go to the Pro Bowl?

Yes, I think they will. And I agree we really need to lock these guys up.

d34ng3l021
12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Well you were wrong.

In light of the new statements he has said I guess I will bump this thread.

I am going to be a very sad man if Hall leaves guys. I am gonna need your morale support if he does get traded. I hope you guys are there for me when I need you most.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Well you were wrong.

In light of the new statements he has said I guess I will bump this thread.

I am going to be a very sad man if Hall leaves guys. I am gonna need your morale support if he does get traded. I hope you guys are there for me when I need you most.

I highly doubt he leaves.