PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mock

villagewarrior
09-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Scott's latest mock has the Chiefs at 5 picking Andre Woodson from Kentucky. I don't know much about the guy, never seen him play, although all the reports I've heard are glowing. Brodie hasn't shown anything and Huard sucks so I'm cool with that pick.

T-RICH49
09-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I really don't like it.I think Croyle should be given a chance before we throw him out.given the situation with Jared Allen Calais Campbell would be my choice for the pick

BPhilb
09-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I really don't like it.I think Croyle should be given a chance before we throw him out.given the situation with Jared Allen Calais Campbell would be my choice for the pick

I agree. I don't know if we want to start over with a QB. If we did go that direction though I would only do so if Brohm were available and I hope we don't choose that high. I do think Allen will be franchised at the very least though and we will probably look at OT or CB in round 1, long way to go though.

09-30-2007, 10:13 AM
woodson is the franchise QB brodie croyle will never be

Billingsley26
09-30-2007, 11:25 AM
woodson is the franchise QB brodie croyle will never be

Disagreed!

I like Brodie Croyle, and trust me I think that Woodson is goign to be a god QB in the NFL, however they will not spend a first rounder on a QB just yet. They havent given Brodie his fair shot yet. When he gets it he will be allright. Also, Dwayne Bowe is looking like he is going to rounding the bend soon, so I think Brodie would be ok.

Hermstheman83
09-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I agree. I don't know if we want to start over with a QB. If we did go that direction though I would only do so if Brohm were available and I hope we don't choose that high. I do think Allen will be franchised at the very least though and we will probably look at OT or CB in round 1, long way to go though.

Yea, few things to add:
1. It would not surprise me to have all the KC fans going for CP's head if JA wasn't a Chief for the rest of his career.
2. Brodie has all the tools, even Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning looked like garbage their first few years in the league. He hasn't even been given a chance and we're opting for yet another rookie. That doesn't seem like Carl Peterson's style or Herm's for that matter(who I think can be very loyal to "his" players).
3. CB's are a big need for us, I don't see us going that high for CB's as Herm's Drafting tendency favors lower round(3-4) CB's for his cover 2 scheme. That being said, Surtain and Law have at least one more good year in them(perhaps I say that because I just saw Bret Favre carve us MN's Defense), so it will give them time to further streghten our Defense....
4. Scott does have a point to say that if we do pick that high, I don't see us going after Sam Baker, I love the guy to death and think he will be a franchise left tackle, but he's not top ten quality, top fifteen though, we can find someone better. Of course, this is assuming we are that high in the draft, which I would tend to disagree with....If we are in the lower half of the fifteen, then I can definately see Herm and Co. go after Sam Baker.
5. Ok, so I would think, that Herm wants to continue to upgrade the Defense, and Donnie Edwards is getting up there in age(although he has another year or two left in him also), does anyone think the guy out of Penn State(Connor) is an option for our First Round Draft pick.

Sorry for the long post guys, gotta make up for lost time since i don't have the college life anymore...workin' 40 hours a week definately sucks.

adschofield
09-30-2007, 09:33 PM
If that position, I would either trade down, or I would take DeSean Jackson (I have a mancrush on him so I might be a bit biased), Sedrick Ellis (I'm projecting that he moves up the draft boards) or Malcolm Jenkins. But more importantly, we just need to go BPA, we have too many needs to be picky. Also, luckly there is some O-Line depth with prob. 4 players going in the first round, and then guys like Richardson in the 2nd, so there is a good chance we'll get some O-Line help. Also, I remeber hearing that some big time Guard is a FA, can't remeber who it was though.

Ho0k Em'
10-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Disagreed!

I like Brodie Croyle, and trust me I think that Woodson is goign to be a god QB in the NFL, however they will not spend a first rounder on a QB just yet. They havent given Brodie his fair shot yet. When he gets it he will be allright. Also, Dwayne Bowe is looking like he is going to rounding the bend soon, so I think Brodie would be ok.

Croyle was basically given the starting job this year, and he LOST it. He didn't get beat out because Huard played horrible, and Croyle played bad enough to lose the job.

Billingsley26
10-01-2007, 08:00 AM
I have us winning the AFC West. I think that Denver is iffy at best. Oakland is oakland. And if SD continutes this roll, and we continue beating teams we should, then we could easily take this division. Yesterday was a big win. If they keep doing what they did yesterday we could have a good year. LJ needs to continue to run hard like he did, and Huard was doing enough to help out. Dwayne Bowe stepped up big. I like that in a rookie.

I think our early need is OL. We need to shore that up quickly. I think the defense is fine for now, but they could use some help, but not as much as we need the OL help right now. Im expecting a pick between 15-20 at the least right now.