Position:
College:
Height:
Weight:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Predicted 40:
Predicted Bench:

The last 4 most be reasonable, or a bad overall maybe given. Strengths and weaknesses must also be detailed, or a bad overall maybe given. IF everyone's scouting reports are good, then it will be hard for me to give bad overalls, but i'll have to so dont be pissed if you get a bad one if everyone did well of there's. There will also be a combine based on what you wrote.

There is currently one GM spot open. It is encouraged, though not required that 2 of the GM's choose either Hawaii, US Territory, or another country for their team's city. Teams already made up can be found on page 56 of the league discussion. It will be hard for a team to make the playoffs this year. SalaryCap will be made up later. GM's please post...

City/Name:
Colors:
Logo:
GM Name:

Offseason Schedule...

FA Period
Combine
Draft
Preseason Show
Exhibition Game

NOTICE
The old game is scrapped, this is a totally new one.

How many we have/Recomended amount
Qb-4/4
Hb-4/4
Fb-0/4
Wr-4/8
Te-1/4
Ot-1/8
Og-0/8
C-0/4

De-1/8
Dt-0/8
Lb-5/12
Cb-2/8
Fs-0/4
Ss-3/4

K-1/4
P-0/4

Refer to page 7 for Human-CPU interaction

jballa838
09-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Name: Q Jackson
Position: WR
College: Washington
Height: 6'0
Weight:170
Strengths: Great Burst, consistant, leader by example, great hands, can make all the catches and then some, 45 inch vert, 3rd place in NCAA championships Long Jump and 5th in 100 as a senior, excellent returner, excellent route runner, very experienced, very durable, shows up for the big games, good character
Weaknesses: does not perform well during the easy games, smaller, horrible blocker, flashy, will not run anyone over, won't fight for the extra yard unless its 4th down, hates losing and takes it out on random objects, tries to do too much at times, not as humble as could be but not cocky either.
Predicted 40: 4.28 (100m: 10.3)
Predicted Bench: 26 reps of 225
Comparison: DeSean Jackson
Bio: ALL-AMERICAN WR
ALL AMERICAN KICK RETURNER
2x ALL PAC-10 1st team(WR)
PAC-10 Offensive player of the year
High School: High School All American from Lakes High School in Washington
3A State MVP senior year
2x All State

jballa838
09-29-2007, 11:36 PM
i'll do the strengths and weaknesses later like tomorrow

neko4
09-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Wiscbadger sent this to me today...
Name: Terrelle Moss
Position: RB
School: Wisconsin
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 190
Scouting Report-
Positive- Terrelle is an outstanding worker, he constantly gives it his all every snap and does the little things right such as blocking and holding on to the ball. Has great speed and shiftiness, possibly one of the fastest players in the game. Is a constant leader on the field and while he isn’t the most vocal player, he leads by example. Can usually get away with not following blockers because of outstanding speed.

Negative- An undersized back who isn’t going to wow anyone with his power. Sometimes misses holes and doesn’t follow his blockers. He tries too often to outrun defenders instead of following his wall of blockers. Doesn’t have great hands out of the backfield.

Predicted 40: 4.38
Predicted Bench: 24 at 225

Man_Of_Steel
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Junior Diggs
“Big Bad Dice”

User: ManOfSteel
Pos: Running Back
Ht: 6’2
Wt: 224
Born: Ontario, Canada
College: Pittsburgh University
Class: Junior

Strengths: The most physical runner since Jim Brown. Has a rare talent for breaking tackles and rarely gets taken down by a single defender. Has everything you look for in a big bruising back. Plows over defenders, possesses a lethal stiff arm, a demon at the goal-line. Has a nasty demeanor and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Has great speed, many a times we have seen Diggs bowl over a defender, keep his balance and accelerate to the endzone. That’s what separates Diggs as an elite prospect, the tandem of his size, speed and strength is a rarity that make scouts drool.

Weakness: Has not yet evolved into a complete back, is no threat at all in the passing game tallying more drops than receptions in college. Is somewhat of a liability in pass protection. Has shown steady improvement in this area but is no where near a viable pass protector just yet.

Bio: Born and raised in Canada Diggs had a hard time attracting scouts and getting noticed. Due to this Diggs reluctantly signed onto play at the University of Waterloo, a Canadian school located in Ontario. It was in his true freshman season that Diggs awoke the football world south of the boarder. His record setting season and rare physical attributes caught the eye of top US football schools USC, Texas, LSU, etc, all of whom were offering full scholarships for him to transfer. Diggs did transfer and shocked much of the football world in doing so. His choice, Pitt U. His reasoning was due to having family there and always wanting to be in Pittsburgh. Diggs sat his sophomore season and split carries in his junior year. Diggs has stated that his lack of playtime was the biggest factor in his deciding to enter the draft an underclassman. During Diggs senior year in high school his older brother Marlin Diggs was killed. Marlin had witnessed a lady being robbed and chased down the thief, only to be stabbed. Marlins death was devastating to Junior. In the hospital shortly before his death Marlin told Junior to live his dream of playing pro-football, to never quit and give 110%. Diggs parents believe this is the reason why he plays with such unworldly physicality and passion, his brother and he were best friends, Junior knows that Marlin is watching over him and he wants to make him proud. Diggs was without question the most outspoken player in college, however don’t confuse his attitude with that of a TO or Randy Moss, never will Diggs talk badly about teammates---as for opponents…
Predicted 40: 4.4
Predicted Bench 30 reps of 225

http://www.osirisshoes.com/news/wp-content/uploads/entertainment/rampage.jpg

neko4
09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
god dammit, MOS, i dont feel like reading that, you get a 3!
jK, you really set the bar though.

Reminds me a ton of Jim Brown, he never liked to block.

Hines
09-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Name:Seth Harris
Position:RB
College:Penn State
Height:5'10
Weight:205
Strengths:Seth is an all around back.He can run, catch, and block. He has exceptional speed and quickness. He can run threw the tackles and he can run outside. Has good running power and can truck defenders in his way. Is durable and stays healthy over the course of the year. Has great vision and ball secerity. Has soft hands and can make tough catches. Versitle and can help in return game.Has a boat load of talent and potential.Teams will be happy to have him.

Weaknesses: Dissapears against top competition and gets rattled easy. Doesnt hit hole as hard as teams would like. Raw. Has good size but needs to add on more bulk and strength. Could be a pro bowler or a bust.

Overview: What Harris lacks in expierence, he makes up for raw talent. Was a top recruit and player in the prep and college ranks. Rushed for 1700 yards and 15 tds as a junior last year. He is a junior early entree but it seemed like he was ready. Teams will either get a bust or a great pro-bowler for years to come. Does he have the drive?
Predicted 40:4.35-4.40
Predicted Bench:15 reps of 225

Man_Of_Steel
09-29-2007, 11:47 PM
god dammit, MOS, i dont feel like reading that, you get a 3!
jK, you really set the bar though.

Reminds me a ton of Jim Brown, he never liked to block.

Whos MOS? Im Junior Diggs get to know me or come the combine you gonna have a heart attack.

Caddy
09-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Name: Troy James
College: L.S.U.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185lbs

Strengths: Can anyone say speed? Proto-type vertical threat. Not only is he one of the top athletes in the country, his agility and game speed are paralleled by few. He has outstanding hands thanks to his upbringing in Australia where hand-eye coordination was prized playing AFL football. His determination and ambitious nature make him extremely dangerous on the field and he gives 110% on every play. He is also an above average blocker. Lower body strength is excellent and he has little to no trouble breaking a few tackles after the catch. Great at lateraling the ball. Excellent leaper for the ball.

Weaknesses: Height and weight might be slightly low but he is hoping to crack the niche market that guys like Steve Smith have created. Has only been playing the sport for a few years and has limited experience.

Predicted 40: 4.28
Predicted Bench: 14 reps 225

Bio: Raised in the mean streets of Sydney, Australia, Troy James made a name for himself playing in Australian Rules Football where he was chosen for the Australian Schoolboys team in under 13's, 15's,17's and 19's. An impressed college football scout was quick to sign him up and James quickly established himself as a big time threat for LSU.

Image: James taking a sensational mark. http://www.perfusion.com.au/ABCP/24th%20meeting/Images/LeoBarry2.jpeg

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Name: Buck Bradshaw
Position: QB
College: Washington State
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 240 lbs
Strengths: Has Tremendous arm strength and the ability to make every throw at the next level. Has great accuracy on deep throws. Large frame makes him tough to bring down in the pocket.
Weaknesses: Not the most mobile QB you'll ever see and will take a number of hits. Needs to learn to take some speed off of shorter throws. Will force throws into small spaces due to confidence in arm strength.
Predicted 40: 5.00
Predicted Bench: 33 reps of 225

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Ehren McBride
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/EhrenMcBride.jpg
user:Mockalicious
College: Wisconsin
Height: 5'9
Weight: 195
Throws: Right
Predicted 40: 4.39
Predicted Bench: 10 reps of 225

Strengths: Has incredible Speed and agility. An accurate arm, rarely makes bad decisions. A true motivator, great in the locker room, (and in bed). Able to make busted plays into brilliant plays. Not afraid to run, especially near the goal line. preforms well under pressure, although often gets passes deflected because of height. Can avoid sacks fairly well and does not go down easily. Has great character on and off the field.

Weaknesses: An undersized QB who lacks experience. Not a gunslinger by any means. Has had some trouble handing the ball off in the past. Does not take loosing well. Has some stamina issues, and has a tendency to have minor injuries that take him out the rest of the game.

Bio: Born and Raised in Ohio, McBride grew up resenting his father, former paparazzi Shawn McBride, but learned to deal with it. Ehren played RB for his division 2 high school. He was accepted in to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, not for his football ability, but for his academic achievements. He became the Badgers's number 2 running back behind star, Terrelle Moss. Coming to the realization that he would never be the starter as long as Moss was there, he tested his skill at QB. He quickly realized that he had a natural talent for finding the open man and making quick accurate throws, as did coach Bielema, making him 1st string, over some guy named Tyler Donovan. McBride impressed scouts and quickly made a name for himself. McBride would be a playmaker for any team.

LTgiants
09-30-2007, 01:37 AM
User: LTgiants

Name: Kareem Johnson
School: Florida
Height: 6-5
Weight: 235
Predicted 40: 4.35-4.5

Positives
Johnson is a physical marvel at wide receiver. He stands tall at 6'5' and has a tremendous wingspan. He is reported to have a 45' vertical jump and sub-4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash. Johnson is a nightmare for opposing defensive backs. But what is perhaps most impressive about Johnson, despite of his out-of-this-world physical attributes, is his work ethic. He is humble and does not like to draw attention to himself after catching a touchdown. It is very rare to ever see him drop a pass, be it a diving catch along the sidelines or a jump ball.

Negatives
One could make the case that Johnson does not have the necessary speed to be a standout wide receiver at the next level. Even though he is very fast for his 6'5', 235 lb frame, he does not have blazing speed to run by defensive backs. Most of his catches come from his length and his amazingly strong hands. However, one could make the case that Florida's lack of a true pocket quarterback with a powerful arm has limited Johnson's productivity.

Windy
09-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Name: Conan O'Leno
Position: K
College: Compton CC
Height: 5'11
Weight: 170
Strengths: Big Power. Kickoffs can reach the goal posts. Plays well in all weather including snow and rain/wind. Overall more power than accuracy but still solid accuracy. Very fast and can tackle well on kickoffs.
Weaknesses: Some Character Concerns. Accuracy Concerns.
Predicted 40: 4.4
Predicted Bench: 5 Reps of 175 LBS

BIO: Enjoys bathroom fun with Senators.
Recorded a Rap Album.
Acts in a lot of Action Movies.
Part of East Staines Massive Gang.

Picture:

http://thebestsportsblog.com/images/alig.jpg

UKfan
09-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Name: D'Bennishaw Causerus
Position: DE
College: Michigan
Height: 6'4
Weight: 290

Strengths: A big, strong end who is quick for his size. Causerus is a powerful player and he uses that strength to push offensive linemen into the backfield. He’s probably the best run-stuffing end in this draft. Causerus is really good at shedding blockers and making a play on the ball carrier. He’s a versatile guy who can play both end and tackle, especially in a 3-4 defense. Causerus is a leader on the field and possesses all the intangibles to succeed at the next level.

Weaknesses: Relies too much on his power and possibly lacks the speed to register as many sacks as would like. Needs to develop more pass rushing techniques in the NFL as wont be able to blow by opposing tackles as he did in college.

Predicted 40: 4.8
Predicted Bench: 31 - 35

Image: http://koekoe.fc2web.com/2nd_season/bob-sapp.jpg

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Timberwolves in New Jersey!!!!

New Jersey Timberwolves- team song http://youtube.com/watch?v=MAAIGe7D9ew

City/Name: New Jersey Timberwolves
Colors: Silver and Blue
Logo: http://www.7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/Angry_Wolves/winter-wolf.jpg(might need to find a smaller one)
GM Name: Brian Rice

wiscbadgerfootball
09-30-2007, 07:41 AM
oh I guess 24 was a bit unrealistic for my back so change that to 15

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I am
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/players/10/30/nfl.workout1106/t1_edgerrin.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2004/photos/p1_benson_si.jpg
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/g6a6g0hr.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/scorecard_daily/2004/09/27/0927/leadoff1.jpg
Name: E.J. Washington-Bush
Position: RB
College: Texas
Height: 5'10.5
Weight: 201
Strengths: Great speed, Great juke & spin, and anaverage reciever out of the back field but when he does catch it he can make somethink happen.
Weaknesses: Break tackle, pass blocking, and size.
Predicted 40: 4.25
Predicted Bench: 33 @ 225
Comparrison: Reggie Bush(not the way he is playing now, but the way he played in college)

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 08:20 AM
10 char...........

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 08:32 AM
No More QB's or RBs
Qb-4
Hb-4
Fb-0
Wr-3
Te-0
Ot-0
Og-0
C-0

De-1
Dt-0
Lb-0
Cb-1
Fs-0
Ss-1

K-1
P-0

ATLDirtyBirds
09-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Name: Julio Stone

College: LSU

Weight: 228

Strengths: Julio is a big strong WR. He is also very fast, and has just about everything you could possibily look for in a WR, including incredible hands. He also lives for YAC, and grabbing TD's. Very much in the mold of a Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. When it comes down to it, Julio will be open, and will make the big catch.

Weaknesses: Dissapears from the game when not getting the ball. While being a solid blocker because of his size, sometimes he will put in half effort blocks. Some people consider him confident, while others consider him arrogant.

Notes: Julio Stone was a dominate WR in the National Fantasy League, and earned the reputation of the best player in the history of the NFL. Now that it has flopped, he is looking to once again rise to the top.

Stats:

Year 1: 93 catches, 1,278 yards, 11 TD's.
Vince Lasalle Award Winner (Best WR)
Playoffs (2 games): 24 catches, 302 yards, 2 TDs, Passing TD, Rushing TD

Year 2(Not a full season): 49 catches, 698 yards, 10 TD's.

Predicted 40: 4.35

Predicted Bench: 17 reps of 225

ATLDirtyBirds
09-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Haha, Sharod and Xavier are pretty similar. You posted your's while I was typing though, so I in no way copied you. If you guys want me to change my guy, I will...

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Haha, Sharod and Xavier are pretty similar. You posted your's while I was typing though, so I in no way copied you. If you guys want me to change my guy, I will...

you should probably go to WR. We've got A LOT of QB's and RB's now. with only 1 WR, 1 K, and 1 DE...

I'm upset that there've been no LB's so far

i really hope guys are ok with possible position changes from RB and QB to benefit the league if need be

jackalope
09-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Name: Chet Taylor Jr.
Position: SS
College: Wisconsin
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 218
Strengths: Big hitter, strong. Tackles well and punishes receivers over the middle. Good run stopper. Great in man-to-man coverage. Reads the quarterback well. Has good hands. Smart player, grew up around football all his life. Great character and hard worker who spends lots of time in the film room. Good leader.
Weaknesses: Poor speed and will get beat deep. Poor leaping ability. Occasional breakdowns in coverage. Will hit the receiver early. Occasionally leads with his head. Below average in zone coverage. Sometimes over pursues.
Other Notes: Son of Chet Taylor, one of the greatest GMs in football history.
Predicted 40: 4.58
Predicted Bench: 24 reps of 225

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/badger/mugs/2003/jimleonhard.jpg

bearfan
09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Name: Peter Parker
Position: CB
College: Valpo
Height: 5'11
Strengths: Great man to man coverage skills, runs step for step with reciever almost every play. Good awareness, ball hawk, playmaker. Pretty quick and agile as well. Solid tackler. Always stripping at the ball. Good pursuit, good leader, and character on and off the field. Good all-around athlete.
Weaknesses: Just ok in zone defense. Relies on instinct a bit to much. Will have some tackles broken due to going for the ball. Not the strongest player, doesnt have the best vertical. Tries to read the QBs eyes to much, can get looked off, and will fall for the PA pass sometimes.
Predicted 40: 4.40
Predicted Bench: 10

will update later

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:18 AM
we had 5 QB's last year in the initial draft

jballa838
09-30-2007, 10:19 AM
we had 5 QB's last year in the initial draft
but isnt there only 4 player teams? and can you post some of the fake prospects soon?

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
yes, and we only had 4 last year, and since 3 of these 4 QB's are dual threat they could play WR,CB,RB,etc too.

jballa838
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
yes, and we only had 4 last year, and since 3 of these 4 QB's are dual threat they could play WR,CB,RB,etc too.
oh ok i get it.

iloxygenil
09-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Name: Aaron Brooks
Position: MLB
College: Lee University
Weight: 245
Strengths: Impeccable form tackler won't miss any tackles...period. Always in the right place at the right time. Coach on the field. Good enough to be a TE / FB in the league, which allows him to understand offenses and what they are trying to do. Understands complex blitz schemes and may well be the smartest defender in the league. Owns school records for tackles, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries.
Weaknesses: does not have elite timed speed. Not perfect in coverage, does a good job, but focuses more on stopping the run. Elite TEs can beat him in coverage. Lacks ideal height.
Predicted 40: 4.55
Predicted Bench: 36 reps @ 225
Comparison: Zach Thomas

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Name: Benn Hart
Position: MLB
College: Penn State
Weight: 259
Strengths: Is a terrific athlete and always seems to be around the ball. Has the strength to take on blockers in a 3-4, has played in the 4-3 aswell and suceeded. Is very good in coverage agaisnt tightends and some backs. A very solid tackler and will absolutly demolish the ball carrier a couple times a game. A very vocal and emotional leader.

Weaknesses: Although he is a great athlete he gets lost in coverage if he has to cover a receiver. Is much better in Zone than man coverage where he will bite on double moves. When he blitz on play fakes he has a tendency to forget the runningback and try and get the sack. Has been very good in his senior year at controlling his emotions but has been known in the past for explosions.

Vertical(inches): 42
Predicted 40: 4.5
Predicted Bench: 31

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/37/376760.jpg

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Currently the Teams are:
American Conference
Washington Patriots
Brooklyn Dodgers
LA Super Novas
Dallas Longhorns
*New Jersey Timberwolves-ScottyBoy

International Conference
Mexico City War Eagles
San Juan Rough Riders
Juneau Frost
Toronto Bears
*Chelsea Blues-Mangini for Pres
*Bangkok Banshees-RoyHall#1

Sniper
09-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Name: TyQuell Jackson
Position: Free Safety
Height: 6'3
Weight: 230 pounds
Strengths: Great centerfield type safety, great hands and instincts, a real ballhawk. Excellent cover man.
Weaknesses: Needs work in run support, but has the frame to be a great run supporter. Can be susceptible to double-moves.
Predicted 40: 4.48
Predicted Bench: 27

neko4
09-30-2007, 11:06 AM
name???????

ATLDirtyBirds
09-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I'll change my QB, and bring back Julio Stone.

RoyHall#1
09-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Joining the International Conference... the...

http://re3.mm-a11.yimg.com/image/226021204
Bangkok Banshees

Colors: Purple and Silver

Sniper
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
name???????

TyQuell Jackson. my bad

neko4
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I'll send out more PM's tommorow, but right now its game day

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll send out more PM's tommorow, but right now its game day

I'll send some out

neko4
09-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I'll send some out
thanks +rep later when it lets me

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 01:44 PM
thanks +rep later when it lets me

I sent out 6 and I will do some more later

TimD
09-30-2007, 02:13 PM
My Team
Chelsea Blues
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Chelsea_crest.png
Stadium- Stamford Bridge in West London
Official Colors - Blue White
Jersey Design - Indy Colts

UKfan
09-30-2007, 02:25 PM
My Team
Chelsea Blues

Oh dear god no...!

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 02:29 PM
My Team
Chelsea Blues

nice team man

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
i sent some out as well. actually got one to sign up already!! :D

I'm out in the Poconos with limited access(the wifi is sooo slow). I'll try and be on more and send some out, but we'll see. I'll be back later on monday, so if we could hold the draft off till then would be great

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 02:44 PM
i sent some out as well. actually got one to sign up already!! :D

I'm out in the Poconos with limited access(the wifi is sooo slow). I'll try and be on more and send some out, but we'll see. I'll be back later on monday, so if we could hold the draft off till then would be great
or u could send in a Big Board

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Is there any room for another GM?

neko4
09-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Is there any room for another GM?
yes there is! STEP RIGHT UP!

Also there will be no signing bonuses this year

jackalope
09-30-2007, 02:49 PM
yes there is! STEP RIGHT UP!

Also there will be no signing bonuses this yearWhy no signing bonuses?

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll think about it. We need to get more players though.

neko4
09-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll think about it. We need to get more players though.
we will, just hold tight

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Okay, which conferance could you use a team for?

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM

1 more for American

neko4
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
You can make either, I can just move Juneau or San Juan into the American if you choose to make a foreign team

neko4
09-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Currently the Teams are:
American Conference
Washington Patriots
Brooklyn Dodgers
LA Super Novas
Dallas Longhorns
*New Jersey Timberwolves-ScottyBoy
*Gulf Coast Pirates-SuperKevin

International Conference
Mexico City War Eagles
San Juan Rough Riders
Juneau Frost
Toronto Bears
*Chelsea Blues-Mangini for Pres
*Bangkok Banshees-RoyHall#1

here's the list

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 02:59 PM
There needs to be a team in the south

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
I present to you the Moscow Mafia!!!

http://www.mafiaua.com/images/mafia_logo.png

City: Moscow, Russia
Name: The Mafia
GM: Eaglez.Fan
Player: Xavier Lee QB
Jerseys: Oregon Ducks
Colors: Black, White, Red

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I present to you the Italain Mafia!!!

http://www.mafiaua.com/images/mafia_logo.png

Name: The Mafia
GM: Eaglez.Fan
Player: Xavier Lee QB
Jerseys: Oregon Ducks
Colors: Black, White, Red
Fixed it for ya

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, because Italy is a city.. ;)

RoyHall#1
09-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Fixed it for ya

Who wouldn't want to play for the great city of Italy? Too bad no one's ever heard of it.

neko4
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
you cant sign anyone, wait are you a player and a GM?

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I made the best QB in the league on page 1.

RoyHall#1
09-30-2007, 03:26 PM
If he gets a player, so do all the other GM's. I'm fine either way if neko allows it or not, but each GM keeps his player on his team.

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I just assumed because last few years the GM's had players. And it's more fun for those who have to do the extra work.

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I just assumed because last few years the GM's had players. And it's more fun for those who have to do the extra work.

those guys were players in the first season though then we didnt have enough guys to take over new GM's... personally i like the one posistion thing

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
E.J. Washington-Bush is the best player in the leauge

jackalope
09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
If he gets a player, so do all the other GM's. I'm fine either way if neko allows it or not, but each GM keeps his player on his team.I think it would be best if GMs did not get players.

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Because the no such thing as the Mafia anywhere but the City of Italy.

Also, can we use our NFL players for this league?

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
i dont think there should be player-gm's. eaglez, you should probably pick one or the other.

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Ya i think thats teh best route to go here.. we dont want another blackie chan... and MOS was only one cause he couldnt be the Commish anymore... and we dont plan to have that tournover again

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Xavier Lee is just too much to let go. I guess I'll stick with my player. Someone can take over the Mafia, and if you want I can help you out.

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
ok, so a GM spot is open. they can keep the mafia, or make a new team if they want

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I'll get rid of my player and be a GM

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I'll get rid of my player and be a GM
ok good, thank you everyone who helped resolve that issue, i was highly opposed to Player-GM's
I may allow 2 players, but i'll see how the year goes

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:14 PM
which means we're down to two QB's, both dual-threat
I wanna bring back my player, but its up to everyone else if i can have him back. I could always have people make sure i didnt get out of control

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I wanna bring back my player, but its up to everyone else if i can have him back. I could always have people make sure i didnt get out of control

I'm cool with it, dont care

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Are you using madden to sim these games or are you just making it up?

jballa838
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
there is always a funny typo in these. League...

jackalope
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I wanna bring back my player, but its up to everyone else if i can have him back. I could always have people make sure i didnt get out of controlI think it would be best for you to not have a player. No offense, but it would likely cause bias.

jballa838
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I think it would be best for you to not have a player. No offense, but it would likely cause bias.
especially at quarterback

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Are you using madden to sim these games or are you just making it up?
No. it would take to long to set things up and im only renting it right now

there is always a funny typo in these. League...
Damn, i checked 30 times to make sure there was no typo, but i had a funny feeling the whole time

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Ummm I have madden and have no problem setting it all up as long as it can wait until next saturday. I'll be in the fireld for a training exercise this week

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:35 PM
New Team

http://www.qjfl.ca/english/images/pirates_logo.jpg

Gulf Coast Pirates

City:Mobile, Alabama

Colors: Green, White, and Black

GM Name: Buck Bradshaw

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Ummm I have madden and have no problem setting it all up as long as it can wait until next saturday. I'll be in the fireld for a training exercise this week
you do realize there will be 300+ names, it wont be like last game where theres a bunch of unnamed players

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:40 PM
you do realize there will be 300+ names, it wont be like last game where theres a bunch of unnamed players

Or rather than create entire new rosters, use a few of the guys already in there and just change their names for the thread. Only create new players for the user guys

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 04:42 PM
He's Back.....
Name: Tyrone Biggums
College: Duke
Height: 6'4"
Weight:210 lbs.
Strengths:Has good accuracy on all of his passes and can make plays with his feet. Rarely gets sacked even if he stays in the pocket. Great for trick plays.
Weaknesses:A fairly weak arm will limit passing TD's but he makes up for it in rushing TD's. Doesn't always have good field vision and will make some mistakes. Has had character issues in the past but has vowed to clean up his act.
Predicted 40: 4.52
Predicted Bench: 3 (210)

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Or rather than create entire new rosters, use a few of the guys already in there and just change their names for the thread. Only create new players for the user guys

and kevin once again shows us why he is super!

SuperKevin
I propse that when making ratings, take a players age into account. Seriously, very rarely will a 19 year old be able to compete with 22 year olds.

neko4
If no one has any objections then....
Dylan DelliSanti
QB
5'11 200
Description coming soon
10 at 225

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I propse that when making ratings, take a players age into account. Seriously, very rarely will a 19 year old be able to compete with 22 year olds.

Great point, that's why I made my guy older.

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be back later

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
If no one has any objections then....
Dylan DelliSanti
QB
5'11 200
Description coming soon
10 at 225

so with Tyrone & DelliSanti we have 4 QB's?

neko4
09-30-2007, 04:49 PM
so with Tyrone & DelliSanti we have 4 QB's?
yep, but one more can be made. But i will probably make my player open to being drafted by the "CPU" teams, so i wont count him.
Before i go i should explain what i was thinking for deciding games (An i dea like this was mentioned earlier)
I will use a die.
If a team has a strong advantage then they can win if i roll 1-5, if they have a good advantage then 1-4, if its practically even then both teams will have 3 numbers

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
yep, but one more can be made. But i will probably make my player open to being drafted by the "CPU" teams, so i wont count him.
Before i go i should explain what i was thinking for deciding games (An i dea like this was mentioned earlier)
I will use a die.
If a team has a strong advantage then they can win if i roll 1-5, if they have a good advantage then 1-4, if its practically even then both teams will have 3 numbers

not a bad idea

jackalope
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I propse that when making ratings, take a players age into account. Seriously, very rarely will a 19 year old be able to compete with 22 year olds.I definitely agree with that.

Neko, I think it would be better if you didn't have a player. We should be able to get 1 more QB.

EDIT: Also, good to see your going with my idea of die.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I will use a die.

So we're playing Risk: The Game of Global Domination now

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM
One more thing, people who decide to make their players underage should also be at a slightly larger risk of having character concerns because they can't really do anything legally

Sniper
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM

I might change my guy's name to Sidney Crosby so he can be young and be the league MVP then ;)

jackalope
09-30-2007, 04:55 PM
One more thing, people who decide to make their players underage should also be at a slightly larger risk of having character concerns because they can't really do anything legallyIt depends what team you play for.

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 05:02 PM
IMO Tryone Biggums should be a drop back passer.

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Tyrone Biggums sounds like my guy, except slower and weaker (and 7 inches taller)

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I might change my guy's name to Sidney Crosby so he can be young and be the league MVP then ;)

Yeah but that's Hockey and eeryone knows Hockey is for weak Canadians

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I changed my age to 20 for my MLB

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Hey, I'm Canadian. :(

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:30 PM
It depends what team you play for.

Everywhere you go there will always be bars and alcohol

jballa838
not utah ;)

gbpackers0065

Not in Utah, or the Middle East.

jackalope
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Everywhere you go there will always be bars and alcoholBut it's not illegal everywhere.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
not utah ;)

Um they have alcohol in Utah. they just have restrictions as to when you can buy it

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Is there still room for another team?

DChess
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Name: Deon Sizzler
Position: DE
College: Subway University
Height: 6'7
Weight: 299
Strengths:Steroids
Weaknesses:drug tests
Predicted 40: 4.7
Predicted Bench: 500

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Is there still room for another team?
no super kev made the last 1

jballa838
09-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Um they have alcohol in Utah. they just have restrictions as to when you can buy it
i know, just no bars

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
no super kev made the last 1

awww damn....

OSUGiants17
09-30-2007, 05:45 PM
we need alot more Deffensive players and O-line, a few WR's can join along with 1 QB

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
I think the GMs and commish should be able to have players but they have to be limited to OL. OL is always the hardest position to fill up and if you make the GMs make OL that right there adds 4 OL to the talent pool

DChess
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
deon sizzler has just been released from jail

http://www.muscleenhancers.com/steroids/greg3.jpg

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I think the GMs and commish should be able to have players but they have to be limited to OL. OL is always the hardest position to fill up and if you make the GMs make OL that right there adds 4 OL to the talent pool

I actaully really like that idea... then each time has a marquee offensive lineman

Eaglez.Fan
09-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't like that idea. Teams will have to sacrifice another postion to make sure they have a strong o-line. If every team has one really good one then everyone has decent o-lines.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I never said you have to draft your own OL player. It just adds another player to the talent pool. If you're a GM, you make an OL prospect but if you feel you want to take other positions then go for it

HoopsDemon12
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't like that idea. Teams will have to sacrifice another postion to make sure they have a strong o-line. If every team has one really good one then everyone has decent o-lines.

Why dont we do that then only if we dont get many sign ups in these things?

Windy
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Conan O'Leno demands 500,000 euros in a briefcase to placed at the local IHOP.

Sniper
09-30-2007, 06:33 PM

That's quite enough out of you.

'cuse-213
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I sthe first post updated? if not someone post a counting of what you have.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
I sthe first post updated? if not someone post a counting of what you have.

We need TEs, OL, and Defense

fenikz
09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Name: Davey Havok
Position: OLB/DE
College: Florida
Height: 6'5
Weight: 264
Strengths: Great pass rusher and has the speed to keep up with TE 1 on 1, sideline to sideline player.
Weaknesses: Very raw, may not be able to get by on speed rush alone in the Pros, overly aggressive gets called for stupid penalties(Late Hits, Taunting)
Predicted 40: 4.57
Predicted Bench: 22 of 225

http://daltonmelnyk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/harvey.jpg

TimD
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Can someone make a thread where it lists the players? It would just be a whole lot easier for the GMs to know whats going on cause people are changing players but the original post is throwing me off..

adschofield
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll sign up in a few...I going to go watch Dexter

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I'll sign up in a few...I going to go watch Dexter

sticking with Galaga? should stay at CB

adschofield
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
sticking with Galaga? should stay at CB

Perhaps, I might be a FS though, but I'll def. stick in the secondary

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Can someone make a thread where it lists the players? It would just be a whole lot easier for the GMs to know whats going on cause people are changing players but the original post is throwing me off..

doing it right now

TimD
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
doing it right now

good man +rep

BrownsTown
09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1083/assir4.jpg

Thanks to fenikz for helping me out with my photoshop problems.

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I agree with jackalope. The commish shouldnt have a player, thats a breeding ground for controversy, same with GMs.

RoyHall#1
09-30-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with jackalope. The commish shouldnt have a player, thats a breeding ground for controversy, same with GMs.

Yeah, I trust neko to not be biased with his guy, but I doubt everyone will. Do yourself a favor and just be commish.

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I trust neko to not be biased with his guy, but I doubt everyone will. Do yourself a favor and just be commish.

Whether hes biased or not the situation is going to come up and cause controversy.

RoyHall#1
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Whether hes biased or not the situation is going to come up and cause controversy.

I hope you were just trying to confirm what I said? Because that's basically what I said.

neko4
09-30-2007, 08:43 PM
well before i get rid of my player this is what i was thinking...
Someone could give me an overall.
Someone could make my stats.
But if one person is still against it, i'll get rid of him. (or just change him into a CPU prospect :) )

BTW CPU will be used to refer to all the other teams/players

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
well before i get rid of my player this is what i was thinking...
Someone could give me an overall.
Someone could make my stats.
But if one person is still against it, i'll get rid of him. (or just change him into a CPU prospect :) )

BTW CPU will be used to refer to all the other teams/players

i have no problem with it, but i think all controversy would be avoided if you stayed just the commish

neko4
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
i have no problem with it, but i think all controversy would be avoided if you stayed just the commish
all right thats one person

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
all right thats one person

no,no, dont use me as the one, i really dont care. i makes 0 difference to me. I'm just saying it could cause controversy, wait for someone else to be a person

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
no,no, dont use me as the one, i really dont care. i makes 0 difference to me. I'm just saying it could cause controversy, wait for someone else to be a person
okay i will, it isnt a huge difference to me, i just see all these people with players and i do get a bit jealous

BrownsTown
09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
neko you got my registration right?

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
neko you got my registration right?
DE/LB, i think i counted you as a DE since you put it first.

Could you make a text version?

PLEASE PEOPLE JUST PUT DOWN ONE POSITION, MENTION IN YOUR DESCRIPTION THAT YOUR A TWEENER!

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
okay i will, it isnt a huge difference to me, i just see all these people with players and i do get a bit jealous

Believe me commish is enough work you really wont need a player.

adschofield
09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Name: D.J. Strozier
Position:FS
College: Miami (FL)
Height:6'2"
Weight:202
Strengths:Has great size for the safety position to go along with excellent athleticism…Has a ton of experience starting his first two years at Miami…Is a big hitter and makes his presence known on the football field…Has good football IQ and is a true student of the game...Is all over the field and doesn’t make a lot of coverage mistakes...Outstanding agility.
Weaknesses: Won't blow anyone away with his speed...Has average ball skills and doesn’t have a lot of upside in this area. Was involved in the Miami- FIU brawl, but was an isolated incident.
Predicted 40: 4.45
Predicted Bench: 16

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/5650-1/KennyPhillips.jpg

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:17 PM
could someone do a quick check to make sure i have all the player amounts right?
Also i will not make a player, but will make his son as a CPU player (Everyone else was making their former players sons)

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Player list is up

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Player list is up

Nice job, Diggs has two g's though not one.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm letting everyone know that I will be gone Monday-Friday this week doing a training exercise in preparation for my deployment to Iraq

adschofield
09-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm letting everyone know that I will be gone Monday-Friday this week doing a training exercise in preparation for my deployment to Iraq

Good Luck man

Hines
09-30-2007, 09:27 PM
when be the draft

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 09:31 PM
when be the draft

Hopefully not til next weekend

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
when be the draft

Prob this coming weekend.

YAYareaRB
09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Name: Johnny Cash
Position: LB
College: USC
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 245 lbs.

Strengths: Freakishly Athletic for a guy his size. Sheds blocks well. Uses his hands well, due to past history of playing with his hand down. Very versatile, his atheticsm allows him to play almost anyway on the field. Extremely Violent and loves to dish out pain. His field presence is off the charts.

Weaknesses: Supposed Character issues. Bites on playfakes and pumps sometimes. Goes for the big hit most of the time, leaving teammates out to dry. Extremely hot-headed and does a lot of trash talking on the field. Can get lost on the field from time to time and seems to dissappear when he gets frustrated.

Predicted 40: 4.45
Predicted Bench: 22 reps of 225

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/24/246333.jpg
After declaring eligible for the WFFL

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:44 PM
damn really going to Iraq?
And because of superkevin's training it will be saturady. i will end signups wed or thurs. have the combine thurs-fri.

Hines
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
damn really going to Iraq?
And because of superkevin's training it will be saturady. i will end signups wed or thurs. have the combine thurs-fri.

so what teams will all be drafting, all of them

and if not all teams are filled, are you gonna make up players to fill those spots

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:51 PM
so what teams will all be drafting, all of them

and if not all teams are filled, are you gonna make up players to fill those spots
yes to all questions, CPU teams cannot draft the human players, but can draft other CPU players. Human teams can draft both CPU and human players, but most all of the CPU prospects suck.
On that note CPU player salaries:
95-99 rating- 4 mil a year
90-94 rating 3 mil
80-89 2 mil
70-79 1 mil
69 and below .5

If a human GM wants to sign a CPU player in FA it will be on first come, first serve basis and they must follow the rules for siging them. They can sign by sending me a PM. There will be a couple of good CPU FA's. but not that many. Human GM's can also trade with CPU teams by sending me a pm with the offer.

Right now all 4 teams have starters with a 75 rating and backups with a 65 and 60 rating. This way only one or two teams will be good off the bat. Most will suck this year. Next season things will even out.

When sending offers for trades with CPU teams and FA deals with CPU players the PM's should say in the subject box...

For Trades:
Team A's Trade Offer to Team B

For FA:
Team A's Offer for Player 1

Any Confusions

Hines
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
yes to all questions, CPU teams cannot draft the human players, but can draft other CPU players. Human teams can draft both CPU and human players, but most all of the CPU prospects suck.
90-94 rating 3 mil
80-89 2 mil
70-79 1 mil
69 and below .5

If a human GM wants to sign a CPU player in FA it will be on first come, first serve basis and they must follow the rules for siging them. They can sign by sending me a PM. There will be a couple of good CPU FA's. but not that many. Human GM's can also trade with CPU teams by sending me a pm with the offer.

Right now all 4 teams have starters with a 75 rating and backups with a 65 and 60 rating. This way only one or two teams will be good off the bat. Most will suck this year. Next season things will even out.

When sending offers for trades with CPU teams and FA deals with CPU players the PM's should say in the subject box...

For Trades:

For FA:

Any Confusions

so everyone will have a 75, 65 or 60 overall?

Brent
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Name: Brent Noose
College: Texas A&M
Height: 6'1"
Strengths: Accurate throws, good decision-making, moves well in the pocket
Weaknesses: Does not have a cannon arm, will scramble instead of throwing ball away if play breaks down or forced to make a risky throw
Predicted 40: 4.6
Predicted Bench: 20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/idiotnumbr3/1550330.jpg

scottyboy
09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
neko, for FA signings, we just send you the contract and agreement right?

neko4
09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
so everyone will have a 75, 65 or 60 overall?
no, just the players used to fill the teams

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
neko, for FA signings, we just send you the contract and agreement right?
ya, heres where i might need someone to look over these

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:00 PM
I was wonderin when BrentN was gonna join

TimD
09-30-2007, 10:03 PM
are we doing player-gms?

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:04 PM
are we doing player-gms?
NOOOOOOOO SIR
It was a unanimous no decision

Brent
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
I was wonderin when BrentN was gonna join
Yeah, I was going to be the same player as before but I played CB and FS back in the day, in high school, so I figured I would be one of those two for this league. Also, I was too late to be a QB. I would have joined sooner but I been busy with school/booze/football all weekend.

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I was going to be the same player as before but I played CB and FS back in the day, in high school, so I figured I would be one of those two for this league. Also, I was too late to be a QB. I would have joined sooner but I been busy with school/booze/football all weekend.
there's one more spot left at QB

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
90-94 rating 3 mil
80-89 2 mil
70-79 1 mil
69 and below .5

For Trades:

For FA:

Any Confusions

Every GM will prob want every cpu UDFA, first come first serve wont really work.

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Every GM will prob want every cpu UDFA, first come first serve wont really work.
And why not?
They have to place an offer one at a time, so they cant bunch 5 players into one PM
BTW was there a new Family Guy/Simpsons/King of the Hill on tonite?

TimD
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Wait we can't draft CPU players? I think CPU players shouldn't be better than Human Players. Also we need A LOT more Human Players...

Key Positions Needed:
1 QB (preferably a pocket passing gun slinger)
Any TEs
OL
DL
LBs
CBs

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Wait we can't draft CPU players? I think CPU players shouldn't be better than Human Players. Also we need A LOT more Human Players...

Key Positions Needed:
Any TEs
OL
DL
LBs
CBs
No human GM's CAN draft CPU players. CPU Gm's cannot draft human players. i never said CPU prospects would be better than human ones. you basically said the exact opposite of what i said

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Updated the List with teams and the 2 new signups

adschofield
09-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Key Positions Needed:
Any TEs
OL
DL
LBs
CBs

I don't think the lack of participation is a big deal...This is how it was the first season, and it was really fun b/c we had a good group of posters who were really into it and were really involved

TimD
09-30-2007, 10:29 PM
oh okay...

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think the lack of participation is a big deal...This is how it was the first season, and it was really fun b/c we had a good group of posters who were really into it and were really involved

We had nearly 30 players season 1. So although I agree with what you said plenty more still need to signup.

adschofield
09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Updated the List with teams and the 2 new signups

One little problem...You forgot to put the user names on the last of couple of players. Also, did BuckNaked not want to join? It feels like we're missing some other originals, what about CutlerChris? And did we decide against the co-commish idea?

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I'll find a co-commish by saturady

SuperKevin
Im still throwing out the idea that GMs and the commish can create an OL because nobody is going to make OL

adschofield
We had nearly 30 players season 1. So although I agree with what you said plenty more still need to signup.

We have 24 now...I'm not discouraging anyone from signing up, I'm just saying that it is no reason to worry.

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
The best CPU draft prospects will be OL, but there wont be that many

TimD
we do need some pocket passing QBs, WRs/TEs, OL/DL, & LBs

Man_Of_Steel
Notable players from season 1 MIA

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter
-Blackie Chan

Hines
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter

wow no seth harris...boooooooooo

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
i justed noticed that turtlepower is online and sent him a PM
Anyone know if ripdw has been online?

adschofield
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter

Add Blackie Chan to that list

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
wow no seth harris...boooooooooo

Your already signed up. I said MIA.

Man_Of_Steel
09-30-2007, 10:38 PM

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter
-Blackie Chan

We get these guys signed up were in good shape.

BrownsTown
09-30-2007, 10:40 PM
DE/LB, i think i counted you as a DE since you put it first.

Could you make a text version?

PLEASE PEOPLE JUST PUT DOWN ONE POSITION, MENTION IN YOUR DESCRIPTION THAT YOUR A TWEENER!

It's pretty east to translate it to text man, come on.

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM

yeah, I had to do it

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:44 PM
i know, but im sleepy

Turtlepower
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok guys, I'm here:

Name: Lebron James
Position: TE
College: Arizona State
Height: 6'8
Weight: 260 lbs
Main Strength: I was a standout basketball player in college. I played power forward and suffered no injuries (knock on wood). As it is noticed from my height, I am especially tall for a TE, which allows me to be mismatched against smaller LBs. As a college ball player, I have very good vertical ability and would be very good jump ball threat in the endzone. I was a very good student in college posting a 3.2 GPA and majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication.

Main Weakness: I am a raw blocker. I played mostly WR in high school, so the transition over to TE in college was tough to learn how to propoerly block against blitzing LBs. I am a little older than most players at my position because I was devoted to my team and hoped that my contributing to them would lead to a BCS game (unfortuantely not). Even though I have a quick 40 time, I have been known to be slow off the line.
Predicted 40: 4.43
Predicted Bench: 295 lbs
Predicted Squat: 500 lbs
Awards: Mackey Award Winner, 2-time PAC-10 1st team selection and 1-time All-American 1st team.
Records: Hold ASU record in TD receptions with 50.

Jensen
09-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Name: Troy Keaton
Position: SS
College: Oregon
Height: 6'2
Weight: 215
Strengths: Great pass defender for a strong safety. Good hands and ball skills. A hard worker and student of the game. Plays well in space, reads the quarterback and will get some interceptions. Has a great burst and can catch up with receivers. Can make open field tackles. Team leader, and responds to coaching well. Will always give his all on the field no matter what. Blocks kicks and makes huge plays on special teams.
Weaknesses: Can't crowd the line to stuff running backs. Would rather lay a big hit to a receiver than pick off a pass. Sometimes will get caught out of position. Still mistake prone, and will blow assignments and misplay balls in the air. Will gamble and lose occasionally.
Predicted 40: 4.40
Predicted Bench: 25 at 225

Mockalicious
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM
2 SS out of Wisconsin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 11:25 PM

They had a killer secondary

Turtlepower
09-30-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm back.....

http://nbaelite.sporati.com/wp-content/pxPlyrLebronJamesUndressed.jpg

Now, I'm a straight balla!!!!

Jensen
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM

I'll just change my college, no big deal.

SuperKevin
10-01-2007, 12:22 AM
I'll just change my college, no big deal.

Oregon??? Eww.

fenikz
10-01-2007, 12:26 AM

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter
-Blackie Chan

I signed up just as a DE/OLB Tweener didn't feel like being a RB again.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-01-2007, 12:35 AM

-Mo Lewis
-Leo Wellingham
-Scott Marshall
-LeBron James
-Jay Moultrie
-Rodney Mack
-Chris Cutler
-Santino Marselle
-Chris Stanton
-Chad Reed
-Alex MacDonald
-Jason Baller
-Ron Mexico
-Mike Carter
-Blackie Chan
edit- ahhh misread it

SuperKevin
10-01-2007, 12:58 AM
People need to put their egos in check and make some OL

SuperKevin
10-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I figured we didn't really have a discussion thread so here it is

SuperKevin
10-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Gulf Coast Pirates Press Conference

http://www.qjfl.ca/english/images/pirates_logo.jpg

http://dvd.filmland.dk/graphics/pictures/5787_full.jpg

Buck Bradshaw: Hey there, how y'all doing today. I called this press conference to pretty much answer any questions as to what to expect from the inagural season of the Gulf Coast Pirates. Let's open things up to some questions from the media.

Rusty Crawford: Rusty Crawford from the Mobile Press Register, Mr. Bradshaw, why did you decide to settle on Mobile as the home for your franchise?

Buck Bradshaw: Well when I first heard the fledgling World Fantasy Football League was looking for owners for new franchises, I figured it was time to follow my dream and get involved. Having played college football at the University of Southern Mississippi and eventually making my fortune in offshore oil, I figured why not put a team in this great area. Afterall, the league had no other teams located in the South and I felt the people down here needed this team. As for finally settling on Mobile, Mobile has a rich history of college football tradition and it was only fitting that they finally get to step up to the big leagues.

Rusty Crawford: What kind of schemes do you see the Gulf Coast Pirates running this year?

Buck Bradshaw: Well, having been a college quarterback, I'd love to open things up for a downfield passing attack but I feel the blue collar folks of the Gulf region deserve to see a tough hard nosed power rushing attack. You aren't going to see much flash from the Pirates but don't think we're going to make things boring. We have some suprises in store. As for the defense, we plan on running a 3-3-5 defense featuring a "Bandit" back who will be a Linebacker/Safety hybrid. It may not be the most conventional defense but it's going to give the opposition fits.

Rusty Crawford: Looking over some of the players who will be eligible for the inagural player allocation draft, are there any names that stand out to you?

Buck Bradshaw: We have some people that we are very interested in but I can't make those names public for now. That's all the time I have right now. I have some things I need to take care of to make sure the start of the season goes smoothly. Thanks for coming.

neko4
10-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Rusty Crawford: In '75 after losing the McDonald's Bourban and Burgers Bowl, you got drunk and went into one of the ref's hotel room were you sexually assulted him. This almost eliminated your chances of being drafted, but San Juan Rough Riders picked you up in the 13th round. Then you once again sexually assualted a ref on live TV. I am wondering what your policy on sexual harrasmant will be?

JK, JK, i just thought tht would be funny

Caddy
10-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Troy James Interview

http://invisiblespot.com/uploads/images_main/mk.jpg

Mel Kiper: So Troy, you have declared your intentions for the up and coming draft, how do you feel that you will fare? I have you graded as an early round guy with huge potential, but it is always better hearing an opinion coming from the actual players mouth.

Troy James: Well Mel, all I am focused on at the moment is getting myself prepared for the workouts and exhibition games. The draft is not a big deal to me, I am just happy to get a chance at playing professional football.

Mel Kiper: As most people know, you have a rich history playing in the Australian Football League as a roving midfielder. How do you think that will help you in the pro's?

Troy James: I think it is going to help a lot. My speed and athleticism was prized back in Australia and so many of the fundamentals are relative to gridiron. I really feel as if my history will help me succeed in the future.

Mel Kiper: I've heard about "The Mark" that you took back over in Australia. Tell me about that. (Picture featured below)

Troy James: Well Mel, it was the grand final of the AFL and we were up by about a point with only minutes to go. The oppositions best player Chris Judd put up a bomb into our defensive 50. If someone from the other team took the mark the game would have been pretty much over. Realising this I leaped through the air, tussling with about half a dozen other players and somehow got my hands on the ball. It is one of the best moments of my sporting career.

Mel Kiper: Thanks for your time Troy.

Troy James: No problem Mel.

http://www.perfusion.com.au/ABCP/24th%20meeting/Images/LeoBarry2.jpeg

RoyHall#1
10-01-2007, 09:19 AM
First come, first serve for CPU FA players sucks. Basically whoever is on when the bidding starts gets everyone. You should do a closed auction, I think it's called? Where we send in bids for who we want, and the highest bid wins after every GM has sent their bids in.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
People need to put their egos in check and make some OL

Fine, I'll change my guy.

Name: Steve Runyan
Height: 6'8
Weight: 350
Predicted 40: 5.06
Predicted Bench: 42
Strengths: Great run blocker. Has plenty of experience run blocking since he went to Michigan. Plays with a real mean streak, always finishes his blocks, huge motor
Weaknesses: Is average in pass blocking, struggles at times with speed rushers
Accolades: Big 10 All-Freshman Team, 3 time First Team Big 10, 3 time All-American, 2 time Rotary Lombardi award winner. Finished 7th in Heisman voting his senior year ;)

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/ckvkx688.jpg

Brent
10-01-2007, 09:50 AM
there's one more spot left at QB
Well, in that case, I would like to make a change. (Hopefully, you wont penalize me for it.)

Name: Brent Noose
College: Texas A&M
Height: 6'2"
Strengths: Accurate throws, good decision-making, moves well in the pocket
Weaknesses: Does not have a cannon arm, will scramble instead of throwing ball away if play breaks down or forced to make a risky throw
Predicted 40: 4.6
Predicted Bench: 20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/idiotnumbr3/1550330.jpg

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
First come, first serve for CPU FA players sucks. Basically whoever is on when the bidding starts gets everyone. You should do a closed auction, I think it's called? Where we send in bids for who we want, and the highest bid wins after every GM has sent their bids in.

Yea that would be the best way.

Turtlepower
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Not enough trash talking yet...

Lebron James sees all defenders as little babies that he eats for breakfast with hash browns and whole wheat toast.

http://images.askmen.com/men/sports/pictures/folder_1/lebron_james/lebron_james_150.jpg

Sniper
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Not enough trash talking yet...

Lebron James sees all defenders as little babies that he eats for breakfast with hash browns and whole wheat toast.

http://images.askmen.com/men/sports/pictures/folder_1/lebron_james/lebron_james_150.jpg

You eat little babies for breakfast? Awkward, but ok.

fenikz
10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I know i do, but then again its the 2nd most ballingest **** you can do with babies.

'cuse-213
10-01-2007, 11:32 AM
oh crap, too late? what position should i be?

Turtlepower
10-01-2007, 11:34 AM

No DTs and 1 O-lineman (OT).

scottyboy
10-01-2007, 11:34 AM

no, your not too late. and any position really. especially on D

SubNoize
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Name: Chad Reed
Pos: OLB
College: University of Southern California
Predicted 40: 4.67
Predicted Bench: 33 at 225

Strengths: A Very good athlete. Has excellent instincts.Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline to sideline. Big hitter and reliable tackler. Is strong and powerful. Versatile and could play inside or outside. good pass rusher on blitzes.good guy and will do whatever it takes to get on the field. Hard worker and leader with top notch intangibles.

Weaknesses: Is adequate in coverage and needs improvement in this area. Needs to bulk up and get bigger, is yet to max his frame. Gets overwhelmed by massive blockers. Sometimes doesn't play as fast as his timed speed, and doesn't have great closing speed at times.

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Anything but QB, RB.

D is needed, any pos there.

Turtlepower
10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Name: Chad Reed
Pos: OLB
College: University of Southern California
Predicted 40: 4.67
Predicted Bench: 33 at 225

Strengths: A Very good athlete. Has excellent instincts.Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline to sideline. Big hitter and reliable tackler. Is strong and powerful. Versatile and could play inside or outside. good pass rusher on blitzes.good guy and will do whatever it takes to get on the field. Hard worker and leader with top notch intangibles.

Weaknesses: Is adequate in coverage and needs improvement in this area. Needs to bulk up and get bigger, is yet to max his frame. Gets overwhelmed by massive blockers. Sometimes doesn't play as fast as his timed speed, and doesn't have great closing speed at times.

Lebron James will chew on your face and drink your tears as a light afternoon snack.

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Mel Kiper Jr. Sits down with Highly Touted RB prospect Junior Diggs

Mel Kiper Jr.

http://www.osirisshoes.com/news/wp-content/uploads/entertainment/rampage.jpg
Junior Diggs

Mel Kiper: Junior, youve recently declared for the WFFL Draft, your path here was quite a unique one as well, you played your freshman season in Canada, sat your sophmore season in Pitt and split carries your junior season. What I'd like to know is why did you transfer from Waterloo and do you think your lack of playing time will hurt your draft stock?

Junior Diggs: Mel, to be truth, In never wanted to play in Waterloo. Being born and raised in Canada I never got exposure, sure I tore it up in High School but dem scouts just dont look north of the boarder. After my freshman year I had scholarships being thrown at me Mel, like crazy. I chose Pitt U. Damn coach never played me my sophmore year, what up with that? In my junior year I had to split carries thats some bull! I didnt get much playing time Mel but when did I dominated, my lack of playtime shouldnt scare any teams away, it should help me, I dont have much tred on this kicks so Im gonna be fresh and top notch for my rookie season. Im a franchise back, heck put me at every position, Im a one man wrecking crew.

Mel Kiper: I have you as a high first rounder, potentially first overall, where do you anticipate being drafted?

Junior Diggs: 1st overall. Im far away the best offensive player in this draft, damn boy the league, I be bustin some heads.

Mel Kiper: Your the most powerful back I have seen since Jim Brown, add to that your size, speed and instincts you certainly fit the bill as a number 1 pick, in one word sum up your game.

Junior Diggs: Physical.

Mel Kiper: What do you make of the other top RB prospects in this years draft, those being Wisconson' Terrelle Moss, Penn State' Seth Harris, Cal' E.J Washington-Bush?

Junior Diggs: Not much. None of the these guys are over 5'10 or even over 205 pounds. Sure they were great in college but in the WFFL you cant have the frame of a starving ethiopian and expect to suceed. None of these guys can carry the load, pound the rock. Theyre perimeter speedy backs, destined to be career backups if they dont get broken week 1. These punks are virtually all the same prospect, I doubt these guys go day 1. All I know is Im doing my part to make this a great RB class, but one is the loneliest number Mel.

Mel Kiper: Well you kind of picked my brain there haha. Where did you first get the nickname "Big Bad Dice"?

Junior Diggs: My coach at Waterloo my freshman year. I dig how it sounds but he has some kinda explaination.

Mel Kiper: Is there a certain team you want to go to? Does American/International conference matter?

Junior Diggs: I be happy chillin wherever they pay me. In the American confernce the press be all over me, I be talkin endorsement beyond beyond you know. in the International conference the hunnys be bangin though bro. I like a little diversity and dem hunnys be gorgeous.

Mel Kiper: Has a team contacted you yet?

Junior Diggs: Saying so cant help me so no.

Mel Kiper: What can we expect at the combine?

Junior Diggs: I see all these punks claiming they run 4.2s and low 4.3s. If that be the case we got record setters in this class for real. To bad they be joke. Dem suckers aint running what their tellin. I walk the talk. Im gonna blast a luda edge 4.3/4.4, depends how I feel but that is the edge of my runs, I might put some of those LBs there in my path just so I can plow them over like lil, well you know I be bangin skulls. As for the reps of 225, around high 20's.

Mel Kiper: Well, youve claimed place to the best offensive player in the draft, who do you think is the best defensive player in the draft? Will he challange you for first overall?

Junior Diggs: ahh, D'Bennishaw Causerus and Chet Taylor come to mind, those guys are the truth. Yea, they could go first, some go O first some go D, I cant control that.

Mel Kiper: Any offensive player you want on your side?

Junior Diggs: What does it matter, they hardly gonna get the ball. Get me a a dece line and Ill take care of the rest.

Mel Kiper: Well that wraps up this interiew, Junior Ill be watching you at the combine. When we return we profile the defensive side of the ball.

SubNoize
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Lebron James will chew on your face and drink your tears as a light afternoon snack.

Chad Reed will make sweet sweet passionate lovin to your mom in the pooper and make your dad videotape it, he'll be crying in the corner while he quietly does the 5 knuckle shuffle.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Since we're missing some DL, can I play OT and DT?

Sniper
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Chad Reed will make sweet sweet passionate lovin to your mom in the pooper and make your dad videotape it, he'll be crying in the corner while he quietly does the 5 knuckle shuffle.

And never call her AGAIN!

SubNoize
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
And never call her AGAIN!

oh I'll be calling her daily to remid her of the greatness that once penetrated her fart box, I'll be recording the calls and will have them left in Lebrons locker daily, multiple times a day.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 03:00 PM
oh I'll be calling her daily to remid her of the greatness that once penetrated her fart box, I'll be recording the calls and will have them left in Lebrons locker daily, multiple times a day.

Hahahahahahahahaha that's classic.

'cuse-213
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Name: Carter Mack
Pos: SS
College: Syracuse
Weight: 215
Predicted 40: 4.43
Predicted Bench: 29 at 225

Strengths: Fierce Hitter. Plays with reckless abandon. Led his team in tackles for 2 years straight. Wraps up, and runs through ball carriers. Good footwork, rarely gets budged by a recievers moves. Works on technique 24-7, great work ethic. Character guy.

Weaknesses: Some might believe hes a stat recieving workout warrior due to being on a bad team. Coverage is mediocre, has been burnt before. Small shifty recievers can give him a hard time.

http://www.syracuse.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photogalleries/nph-cache.cgi/cache=3000;/syr/images/5063/090807SU9FO.jpg

Eaglez.Fan
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/players/08/15/core.davis0821/t1_davis.jpg

Xavier "Lightning" Lee want's to thank all that have put time and effort into making this league happen, especially the GM that has the 1st overall pick.

I'd also like to say that I will only be playing in either a spread of option offense. It'd suite me the best.

'cuse-213
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
shits weak.

OSUGiants17
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
shits weak.
LOL
Shits weak Timmy shits weak (Grandma's boy :p)

Sniper
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I asked this earlier. I signed up as an OT, can I play OT and DT to help fill voids?

Eaglez.Fan
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
No. Then I'd ask to play DB along with QB.

neko4
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I asked this earlier. I signed up as an OT, can I play OT and DT to help fill voids?
No, i made a decision this morning in study block. All the players used to fill the Human teams will be no names and like i said earlier will all have overalls of 75 and 65 (those w/ 75 making 1mil, and 65 .5mil) They will disappear once their position is filled and arent tradeable

ATLDirtyBirds
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Should I drop Stone, and make an defensive-end?

OSUGiants17
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Should I drop Stone, and make an defensive-end?

No Stone=God

OSUGiants17
10-01-2007, 07:08 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/upload/2006/07/ptisadsad.jpg
Possible #1 Running Back prospect E.J. Washington-Bush sat down with PTI for a quick interview today

Tony- Hi E.J. thanks for stopping by.
E.J.- No prob thanks for having me
Mike- So do you think you are the #1 Running Back going into the draft?
E.J.- I won't be able to tell till after the combine.
T- Who do you think is your biggest compition at RB?
EWB- Jr Diggs either he or I will be the top RB after the combine.
M- What team or teams are you most interested in playing for?
EWB- New Jersey Timberwolves & Chelsea Blues
T- If you could play with any other player in the league who would it be?
EWB- Q Jackson me and him are quicker than lightning.
T- Well that's all the time we have to day once again thanks for your time and effort.
EWB- Any time guys.
M- Alright, same time tomorrow nuckleheads

scottyboy
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Timberwolves GM Brian Rice and his staff are evaluating players, and will contact players today or tomorrow they are interested in, and can realisticly get, and that fit their strategy and plan...

OSUGiants17
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Interview with E.J. Washington-Bush up in the disscusion thread

Mockalicious
10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Ehren McBride Interview

Kiper:Hello, It's a pleasure to have you.
McBride:Thank you, it's an honor to be here.
Kiper:So how do you feel about being one of the top prospects for the upcoming draft?
McBride:I'm overwhelmed with joy and anxiety. I've dreamed of playing pro football ever since I was a little kid growing up in ohio.
Kiper:Let's talk about your childhood, how was it having Shawn McBride as a dad?
McBride:When I was very little I idolized him, he used to take me to Canton to see the hall of fame, he showed me the pictures of all the famous players, and he said, "Son, some day that will be you.", I know he was just trying to BS me and was probably drunk when he said it but it still means a lot. But then my hatred towards him started to grow after the 6th time he promised to stop cheating on my mom. But I don't think I would be who I am today if it wasn't for him, he taught me how lies hurt so many people and to just be a good person in general.
Kiper:So what team would you like to go to?
McBride:Well whatever team runs the west coast offense, I think that suites my ability and style very well.
Kiper:What do you think when people say that you are too short to play QB?
McBride:I really don't think it's an issue. I'll be able to see my receivers fine as long as my O-line is doing there job and putting the defense on their backs. But seriously I have great vision and awareness, and honestly I can scramble out of the pocket get in the open field and make the throw to the open receiver. If you look at my stats, I've been one of the most accurate QBs in college. And if anyone thinks I'll be a bust, just look at Troy Smith, look how well he's doing ;)
Kiper:Realistically how much money do you hope to be signed for?
I know this may, and will sound phony but money doesn't mean a lot to me. I want enough so I can live rather well but anything over 2 million is too much money for one man.
Kiper:Thanks for coming, I look forward to having you here again.
McBride:No problem, I look forward to coming.

jackalope
10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Mel Kiper Jr. Sits Down With Chet Taylor Jr.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/badger/mugs/2003/jimleonhard.jpg

Chet Taylor Jr.

Kiper: Great to have you here Chet. Your father, Chet Taylor Sr., was a great GM for the Wyoming Jackalopes. How did he influence you?

Taylor: My dad is a huge influence for me. Growing up with him I've been around football all my life. He's taught me everything about the game, and I've really been able to benefit from it. Having been able to watch all the Jackalope's practices, and travel with the team, professional football will be nothing new to me. It's been a blessing growing up with such a great father.

Kiper: How do you think you compare to some of the other players in this draft?

Taylor: I have a lot of respect for Troy and Mack, but there are a few things that seperate me from some of the other top players at my position. I hit harder than anyone else in this draft, hands down. I also have a lot of experience and football intelligence.

Kiper: How do you expect to perform at the combine?

Taylor: I'm not real worried about the combine. I think I can get over 25 reps in the bench press, and I hope to get under a 4.5 40 time. It would be nice to get some good numbers, but that's all the combine is, numbers. I'm just anxious until after the draft, when I can start playing some real football.

Kiper: A lot of people have you going pretty high. Where do you expect to be drafted?

Taylor: I'm hoping to go early in the first, but it's not a big deal to me if I happen to drop.

Kiper: Is there a certain team that you hope to be drafted by?

Taylor: There are some places that I would definitely prefer to go than others, but I'll be playing where every I go.

Kiper: Who is the most talented player that you went up against in college?

Taylor: Well, me and Terrell were teammates in college, but he was probably the most talented player I got to see. The most talented player I got to go up against though would have to be Julio Stone.

Kiper: Thanks for coming in.

Taylor: No problem, any time.

adschofield
10-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Timberwolves GM Brian Rice and his staff are evaluating players, and will contact players today or tomorrow they are interested in, and can realisticly get, and that fit their strategy and plan...

How does that work? Isn't there a draft

jackalope
10-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Will teams be posting their offensive and defensive schemes, or have they already?

fenikz
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070109/070109_harvey_hmed_1225a.h2.jpg

Lawrence Taylor: LT here with WFFL draft hopeful Davey Havok, how you doing today?

Davey Havok: Pretty good, just got done working out, a little bit tired but i can always spare some time for LT.

LT: I have heard rumors that you work out 4 hours a day is this true?

DH: Some thing like that, I normally wake up around 6 every morning and go for a 3 mile run, alternating between sprinting and jogging every half mile, then I go to the gym and box for about another hour, it really helps with my footwork and hand quickness, then i do football related stuff for the other 2 hours.

LT: What kind of football related stuff?

DH: Well basically what every John Lott wants me to do, he is the best S&C coach in the business and he has really helped me achieve my goals as far as numbers go.

LT: I have heard a lot of people comparing you to a young Simeon Rice or even me how does it feel to have such high standards already set for you?

DH: Well I'm my own player, there are a lot of things I can do that Simeon can't and there is somethings he could do that I can't...yet. Although i did model my game after you growing up...with out the coke part of course.

LT: Cocaine is one hell of a drug...umm who are the biggest influences in your life?

DH: Of course my moms, she has raised me ever since I was a child, we had it rough as a family growing up but she taught me never to quit always keep fighting, if someone is better than you you just have to work harder than them.

LT: Well it's been great talking to you, and good luck on draft day.

DH: Keep in touch LT, peace.

Eaglez.Fan
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I feel that there is no need for me (Xavier Lee) to advertise myself via interviews. My advertising is all on the field.

RoyHall#1
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow, fenikz's guy can sprint for half a mile. And also, someone answer adschofield's query.

fenikz
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
one day if you try hard enough you can too :p

Hines
10-01-2007, 09:25 PM
im goin to lead the league in rushing

TimD
10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Mel Kiper sits down with the Chelsea Blues owner/GM, Joshua Banks.

Kiper- Now Mr. Banks, my first question to you is why did you pick such an unoriginal name for your football team?
Banks- Well Mel, when I decided to start a franchise in London I had to make a few major decisions. Since they would play out of Stamford Bridge Stadium I decided to call them Chelsea, as opposed to London. When it came time to pick a nickname and logo, I decided to use the soccer clubs name and logo for marketing purposes. The Blues have such an enormous following there to begin with I assumed that drawing fans would be much easier using a common name like that, although our fan support in London, as well as all of the UK, has been amazing so far.
Kiper- Yes we were all a bit surprised to see the Brits take a liking to football so much, but even before the season has started you've sold a large ammount of season tickets.
Banks- Yeah, it is just great to know that we will be supported in our city, because the reason we play is for the fans.
Kiper- Now I know that the draft is a bit away, but what kind of style do you think your team will have this year?
Banks- Well our management and coaching is looking to have a strong QB to lead the offense with quality receivers, and a RB who will be deadly catching the ball out of the backfield. As far as defense, I'm looking to build a LB unit that will shut down the run and put severe pressure on opposing QBs, so that our "ball-hawks" in the secondary can get some picks.
Kiper- Well Josh I have to tell you that sounds like every coach's dream team. And we'll leave on that note. Good luck this season, and I'll be sure to talk to you again real soon.
Banks- Sounds like a plan Mel...

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/images/pic_fc_chelsea.jpg

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Junior Diggs Presents Award With Carmen Elektra

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/74502688.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C4F70F8076A39DEE7E7356DFD43A9F6D 284831B75F48EF45

RB Junior Diggs aka Big Bad Dice was present in Hollywoods latest award ceremony. Junior and Carmen presented the award for best actress. However the real scoop is what went on backstage. An inside source says the two were seen getting close backstage. The real kicker to this is that the two left together.

- E News

Man_Of_Steel
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Keep PM the guys missing from season 1.

BTW when is the combine?

Hines
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Keep PM the guys missing from season 1.

BTW when is the combine?

i think neko said thursday

Ward
10-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Could someone tell me how this works and how I can get in on it?

Hines
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Could someone tell me how this works and how I can get in on it?

just create a guy with a scouting report and measurables and then he gets drafted or whatever and we play games and get stats and all that