PDA

View Full Version : Notes from the Cincinatti/SDSU game

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 12:57 AM
i went to the game tonight and this is what I noticed

-If Cincinatti QB Ben Mauk was 2 inches taller he'd be one hell of a pro prospect. Had tremendous touch on all of his throws(minus one throw he threw high that his WR tipped into the hands of a SDSU defender for a pick). He was also very good at reading blitzes and escaping pressure. On one drive had 3 straight runs of 10+ yards.

-I take back everything I previously had said about SDSU QB Kevin O'Connell being an intriguing prospect. His arm looked very weak and on the one long throw he attempted, he lofted it up and the WR had to slow down to catch it. He also threw most passes wide and his WRs had to reach for them. looked scared when facing blitzes and on several occasions actually turned his back and ran backwards trying to escape the rush only to be sacked for huge gains.

-Cincy WR Dominic Goodman is a beast. He routinely beat SDSU defenders and grabbed everything in sight.

-SDSU WR Darren Mougey looks like the next Drew Bennett. Mougey was the best QB prospect ever to come to SDSU but was moved to WR in the spring because Kevin O'Connell held onto the starting spot. At 6'6" 230 he has an amazing frame and has enough speed to gain seperation from defenders. he was the top target for the Aztecs and showed great hands and sideline awareness.

-The SDSU OL was terrible as the RBs were hit at the line of scrimmage on almost every play

-Cincy RB Kenneth Moore is FAST. He hit the holes with aggression and left SDSU defenders in the dust.

-Cincy has a very strong defense. They didn't make too many big plays but they consistently made all the routine plays. FS Haruki Nakmura had his name called a ton.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Would D. Jones win the job if he plays well next year?