PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 gameday Thread

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok everything that is going wrong is going wrong. McNair is obviously hurt, why the hell is Willis not getting more carries, our staff is dumb as skeet, our D is borderline pathetic. Our secondary is a top 10 worse in the NFL right now, the LB's can't cover for crap. C-mac I have no idea how he was beat that badly, and Jamal is breaking runs like he is a real running back. The only players who are playing are Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, add to that special teams is crap. Offsides on a missed field goal gives the Browns an eventual touchdown, Matt Stover misses a 46 yard field goal, and Yamon Figurs fumbles a kickoff that goes for a Browns TD.

jkpigskin
09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
wat the freakkkkkkkkk

bmoreravens5289
09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
wat the freakkkkkkkkk

My thoughts exactly

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Steve McNair cost us another one, what a piece of ****!!

bmoreravens5289
09-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Steve McNair cost us another one, what a piece of ****!!

I would say the defense cost us more

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I would say the defense cost us more

Really? I'll blame our pathetic QB who throws terrible passes, throws off his back foot, throws the ball to the other team, and makes terrible decisions! It's time to give up on this disgrace and give the ball to Kyle Boller.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Everyone wants to blame Mcnair and leave alone the untouchables, but I don't care about the untouchables, Chris Mccalister you got fooled like an idiot, awful, awful coverage, taking a chance when you are in man coverage with no support against a vertical threat receiver. How about not getting any pressure on the QB whatsover. Even if we had Peyton Manning you can't do anything when the Dline is in the backfield before the wideouts even start their breaks. Stop ragging on McNair and blame Chris Mccalister, Dwan Edwards, Yamon Figurs, etc. Mcnair played a decent game, he put his body on the line with his crap whole lineman just to give his team a chance. And WTF is up with Mcgahee getting so few carries even though he is our most dangerous weapon. Is he obese or something, why does he have to be taken out after every carry for Jamal Jr., Musa Smith.

bmoreravens5289
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Our defense got no pressure at all, and the coverage sucked....man we are missing Pryce and Rolle ALOT...And how about this pathetic stat: we got into Browns territory on every drive of the game! and we only managed 13 points out of that....so eventually it all boils down to getting pressure on the QB and getting McGahee the ball more....and no more stupid mistakes like fumbling on kickoffs

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I mean it is rediculous Mcahee had 105 yards on only 14 carries. Keep Musa Smith out, I think Will is capable of playing more than 1 play without having to hit the oxygen tank.Tsizzle needs to put his hand down we are getting to pressure.

dcarey20
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I hate this man:

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/08/12/PH2006081200083.jpg

I love this man:

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0308/nfl_ap_mcgahee_275.jpg

Anyway, week 4 was a horrendous effort in every way, shape and form with the exception of Willis McGahee.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
McNair groin is screwing with him the TV staff explained it perfectly earlier about how his accuracy, mechanics, and everything are affected by his injury, he is out limping every down of course he wont play as good as he should have.

McGahee is a monster, we gave Jamal the ball 30 times and he gets 2 yards, McGahee is a beast at RB and as a reciever and he still dont get him the ball and he is our 40 million dollar man. We pass it 50 times with a QB who is hurt preety bad because his mechanics, and accuracy suck.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
McNair groin is screwing with him the TV staff explained it perfectly earlier about how his accuracy, mechanics, and everything are affected by his injury, he is out limping every down of course he wont play as good as he should have.

McGahee is a monster, we gave Jamal the ball 30 times and he gets 2 yards, McGahee is a beast at RB and as a reciever and he still dont get him the ball and he is our 40 million dollar man. We pass it 50 times with a QB who is hurt preety bad because his mechanics, and accuracy suck.

Then I hate him even more, if you're not healthy get off the ******* field and let Kyle who is better anywho play!

ChefMike
09-30-2007, 07:05 PM
That is exactly right... McNair doesn't suck he is just hurt badly !

Boller needs to be in until McNair is 100% and then let them battle for the starting gig. McGhee needs to get more touches... no we don't want to wear him down at the start of the season playing in our division. But he is getting 6 or 7 yards at a clip... let him run for 200 ! He could have carried us today literally and won this game..

With Pryce and Rolle out we are lacking that depth we thought we had on D but when everyone is back healthy at the end of the season and playing well we can still be 10 - 6 and make a strong run in the playoffs we don't want to peak early and then sputter out...

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I mean it is rediculous Mcahee had 105 yards on only 14 carries. Keep Musa Smith out, I think Will is capable of playing more than 1 play without having to hit the oxygen tank.Tsizzle needs to put his hand down we are getting to pressure.

Its tough to keep running the ball when you're down by 3 TDs in the second half. At least Sizzle's price is plummeting.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
yea I actually wouldnt have cried for Boller on because McNair was obviously hurt, I like that warrior mentallity but sometimes you gotta just do whats best for the team.

It still pisses me off McGahee isnt getting the ball after all the $ he got and he is a beast.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I love it late 3rd and into the 4th the announcers kept saying "Why don't the Ravens go downfiled?" just look at our QB and you'll know why, the most pathetic QB in the NFL, I'd take Grossman over McNair.

dcarey20
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
McNair is complete garbage, we cannot do anything with him, if we are down by 14 or more points we may as well just quit because we cannot put up any quick scores with him in the game. He hampers our offense TREMENDOUSLY. Demetrius Williams' skills are being wasted because McNair cannot be successful throwing past 10 yards. We cannot go downfield PERIOD. It's ridiculous. Boller needs to be starting ASAP.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I wouldnt go that far,but with McNair half a leg we couldnt have done anything deep.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
McNair is complete garbage, we cannot do anything with him, if we are down by 14 or more points we may as well just quit because we cannot put up any quick scores with him in the game. He hampers our offense TREMENDOUSLY. Boller needs to be starting ASAP.

Well I think that is what we thought, I am not so certain Boller could lead us back from a 14 point lead also, I know you are going to talk about the Cardinal and Bengals game but I am not sold if we are done by 14, because against the Jets he did alot of dumps and medium range also, I think it is the play calling. But McNair needs to get 100%

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:23 PM
We wouldn't have had to comeback from 14 down if Kyle was the starter.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
we probably wouldnt have either if McNair was hobbling around because his leg was screwed up either.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
we probably wouldnt have either if McNair was hobbling around because his leg was screwed up either.

He is pathetic even at 100%, we deserve to lose every game he starts!

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
speaking of McGahee if anybody has a nice picture of him or a mini video of him with Baltimore can you get it to me I want to make a sig out of it.

dcarey20
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
A groin injury has no effect on arm strength, which is one of McNair's collosal problems, and the main reason why we cannot complete a pass more than 12 yards.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
A groin injury has no effect on arm strength, which is one of McNair's collosal problems, and the main reason why we cannot complete a pass more than 12 yards.

It hurts his arm strength(using that term loosely with that clown McNair) because he can't step into his throws but he doesnt have any arm strength at 100%.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
It affects Mechanics and accuracy which would affect all passes and could possibly affect his arm strength when your mechanics are screwed up.

bmoreravens5289
09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
We would have been down 14 points with Kyle in also because the defense gave that up. C'mon, McNair didnt have anything to do with our defense sucking badly.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
We would have been down 14 points with Kyle in also because the defense gave that up. C'mon, McNair didnt have anything to do with our defense sucking badly.

Kyle wouldn't have thrown that terrible INT McNair threw we would have gone down and scored hence 7-7, not down by 14. McNair took all the momentum and threw it on Cleveland's side, he is garbage!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
STOP DEFENDING STEVE MCNAIR!

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
No we will defend who we want to bottom line is his injury affected his performance. It is true that if our D didnt give up those TD earlier we still could have been in the game and we wouldnt have abandonded Willis.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
No we will defend who we want to bottom line is his injury affected his performance. It is true that if our D didnt give up those TD earlier we still could have been in the game and we wouldnt have abandonded Willis.

Wouldn't have had that Braylon TD if McNair doesn't turn it over the play before that.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
or if Cmac didnt completly blow a coverage.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
True, but if you don't turn th ball over right there and you go down and score like we would have with Kyle, the Browns play calling would have been completely different.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
There is no guarentee we would have scored with Kyle, sometimes you act like we benched Peyton Manning for a JV scrub.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM
There is no guarentee we would have scored with Kyle, sometimes you act like we benched Peyton Manning for a JV scrub.

Kyle Boller is Peyton Manning compared to Steve McNair.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
no he is not, he isnt Peyton Manning compared to McNair when McNair hobbles around with no leg that completly screws up his Mechanics. You Boller love and McNair hate is blinding you ability to make a rational comparison unless it is a exageration which I am not sure if it is or not.

dcarey20
09-30-2007, 08:35 PM
You know what the worst feeling in the world is? Watching the Raven offense come out on 3rd and 15 and knowing that there is absolutely no chance to convert with Steve McNair under center.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
yes we can convert if he was 100%, he can ge it there if he had time, the o-line is still developing. You know what also sucks, giveing you RB 40 million which wiped out our chances for Adalius and not getting him the ball enough. Not to mention he is a beast.

YouNeverKnow
09-30-2007, 11:02 PM
With how much time McNair was getting at times there is no reason what so ever he had to hit his checkdown on almost every play. The Browns could have just sat in short zones covering the first 15 yards and we wouldn't have completed a pass all day. They did start to get good pressure in the last half of the fourth quarter, but by then we were done.

Billick really needed to run the ball a lot more. I know they got down fast, but that is no excuse for abandoning the run against one of the worst run defenses in the league. At least if they continue to run the ball, then maybe they can get back within 7. My biggest concern on offense has been the inability of our team to come away with 7 instead of 3, especially when we are starting from behind.

The defense had a bad game, C-mac got burned badly once. Our pass rush has been almost non existant, we really need Rolle and Pryce back in the worst way.

ccB
10-01-2007, 11:26 AM
All I want to know is why in the **** dont we run the ball more? Our QB isnt 100% but hes in good enough shape to manage a game if we have a solid continuous running attack. Its like we figure out that we can run on a team and we just abandon it and let two shotty QB's throw passes. Its like no matter who we have in at QB they are going to screw up. First game McNair ***** us. Second game Kyle does good, next game McNair does good than Kyle almost ***** us with an inability to put together a drive. Its like when Kyle is not needed in a game we put him in and when its obvious he is needed we keep him on the bench. All the mean while McGahee is proving to us he was a good aquisition and he we are horribly misusing him. When it comes to offense we have the worst ******* play calling in around. Also the losses on defense are effecting us way more than I think we all expected them to. Without Pryce in there eating up blocks and penetrating the O-Line we cant even touch the QB and without Rolle we are stuck playing players that are better left on the bench. We need to figure something out if we are going to salvage this season. I see 0 passion on the field everyones joking around playing little girl games and they need to get ******* serious.

ccB
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Are you kidding me? A lot of the power in a throw is generated in the legs and hips. If you use just your arm to throw your going to throw out your arm in no time.

I just want to know when you guys see any WR on our team open down field and McNairs "Lack of arm" keeps him from throwing to them. I think its more or less an incompetence in play calling more than not being able to. When we get Kyle on the field, who has a cannon arm, when do you see WR's going deep? answer never. It doesnt have to do wtih not going deep, I think it has to do with what kind of plays are being called. I do not see our offense calling any deep pass plays. I think instead of blaming it on the QBs for not throwing deep blame it on the coaching staff for not calling the plays or maybe even the WR's for not getting open. Because I have not seen many if any, pass plays called this year where McNairs "lack of arm" couldnt make the throw. If anything McNair's problem this year has been overthrowing passes and its not like McNair is the only one not going deep Kyle hasnt been going deep either when he gets in the game.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Btw can we get Clarence Moore back for Red Zone situations? Or did someone pick him up?

bmoreravens5289
10-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Btw can we get Clarence Moore back for Red Zone situations? Or did someone pick him up?

What? so we can go back to "Clarence Moore is in the game! Oh my god jumpball!!!!" That would make the playcalling worse and our offense more predictable

PoopSandwich
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
What? so we can go back to "Clarence Moore is in the game! Oh my god jumpball!!!!" That would make the playcalling worse and our offense more predictable

I dont know if you can get worse than throwing 2 fades into the endzone into double coverage, some of your play calling yesterday confused the hell out of me.

As for the positives... Your run defense was good, besides a few plays your pass defense wasn't really that bad (K2 broke 2 big ones and Braylon one huge one.) McGahee is a freak, if he stays healthy he will go for over 1000.

What I saw yesterday is what I expected from the Ravens... A team that doesn't have the offense to win games, and a defense that isn't playing at it's best level... The way your offense is, you should be a run first team and then hit em with the short passes, it seemed like you were trying to pass too much, or passing after a run got it to 2nd and 3, and then passing again on third and 3... Stuff like that made me fell like I wasn't watching the Ravens.

However, you guys are still 2-2, you still have McGahee and you still have a good defense, you guys ran into a hot offense (We are hot right now on offense.) and got beat... Once you guys realise you need to run first ESPECIALLY against teams like the Browns who couldn't stop Hellen Keller running the ball then you will be fine.

Good game yesterday guys, look forward to another match up later in the year.

Ravens1991
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Are you kidding me? A lot of the power in a throw is generated in the legs and hips. If you use just your arm to throw your going to throw out your arm in no time.

I just want to know when you guys see any WR on our team open down field and McNairs "Lack of arm" keeps him from throwing to them. I think its more or less an incompetence in play calling more than not being able to. When we get Kyle on the field, who has a cannon arm, when do you see WR's going deep? answer never. It doesnt have to do wtih not going deep, I think it has to do with what kind of plays are being called. I do not see our offense calling any deep pass plays. I think instead of blaming it on the QBs for not throwing deep blame it on the coaching staff for not calling the plays or maybe even the WR's for not getting open. Because I have not seen many if any, pass plays called this year where McNairs "lack of arm" couldnt make the throw. If anything McNair's problem this year has been overthrowing passes and its not like McNair is the only one not going deep Kyle hasnt been going deep either when he gets in the game.

A good post, Boller only threw it deep twice in triple coverage against the Jets, I dont think we have the plan to be vertical.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM

At least it gave us occasional TDs in the redzone, and we miss Jamal when we get down by the goalline too.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
How does McNair go vertical when he gets .5 seconds to throw the ball with our piss ass line. Dlineman are on his back before the receivers even make their breaks. Damn Kameron Wimbley schooled Marshal Yanda and made him look like a fool. His same fool beat Yanda every time, Yanda has awful footspeed and uses his hands poorly. He is off balance to begin with so it is so easy to get by him with a swim move, or just flat out bull rush his crap ass. Terry should be RT, and Gaither LT.

Ravens1991
10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes Yanda is a G not a RT,Gaither has amazing talent and Terry played well at RT.

ccB
10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I dont think Yanda is the best option to start but for a 3rd (or is it 4th?) round pick he is performing about as well as you could expect a 3rd or 4th round pick to perform.

Ravens1991
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
true but I think he belongs at G and not RT.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I dont think Yanda is the best option to start but for a 3rd (or is it 4th?) round pick he is performing about as well as you could expect a 3rd or 4th round pick to perform.

He was a 3rd rounder, and he better be good, we traded an early 4th, a 5th, and a 6th rounder for Yanda, those could have been 3 potential late round pro bowl steals.

ccB
10-01-2007, 04:03 PM
He was a 3rd rounder, and he better be good, we traded an early 4th, a 5th, and a 6th rounder for Yanda, those could have been 3 potential late round pro bowl steals.

Overall I think it was an bad pick since we got Jared for a 5th rounder (who could have predicted that though). So we are locked in with Gaither and Terry as our future T's and Grubbs in one of the guard spots with either Brown or Chester at C (whichever can transition there from G, Most likely Chester) so that leaves Yanda as the odd man out, though it doesnt hurt to have a player who can back up Tackle and Guard.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Overall I think it was an bad pick since we got Jared for a 5th rounder (who could have predicted that though). So we are locked in with Gaither and Terry as our future T's and Grubbs in one of the tackle spots with either Brown or Chester at C (whichever can transition there from G, Most likely Chester) so that leaves Yanda as the odd man out, though it doesnt hurt to have a player who can back up Tackle and Guard.

Im sure it was just a typo but you know Grubbs is a OG right?

ccB
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Im sure it was just a typo but you know Grubbs is a OG right?

Yeah it was a typo.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I figured as much. I could honestly see the future of the line being...

LT Gaither
LG Grubbs
C Brown
RG Yanda
RT Terry

with Chester being the main backup at C and OG and then have some new player as backup at OT. But hold me to it, cause right now Im just very pissed at Chester for not playing well so far this year, and not being able to beat out Mike Flynn in training camp.

Ravens1991
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Billick has always been a fan of veterans, I have been flamed for this but I wouldnt mind the interior like this.

LG-Grubbs
C-Brown
RG-Chester

EdReedUnstoppable
10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Billick has always been a fan of veterans, I have been flamed for this but I wouldnt mind the interior like this.

LG-Grubbs
C-Brown
RG-Chester

Chester has been pretty bad at OG, so I dont know bout that one.

Ravens1991
10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
yea hopefully he progresses, but I remember a couple pre-seaons ago Brown did do so well at C so maybe Chester is C and Brown will be LG and Grubbs RG.