PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Williams carted off field

Bills2083
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3043808&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Tampa 2 4 life
09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Ernest Graham and Michael Pittman have been playing better than him. He's been dancing around way too much.

senormysterioso
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
did travis henry go down too?

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Cadillac Williams=BUST

ny10804
09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
It looked really bad when I saw the replay.

bearsfan_51
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams.

All drafted in the top 5. All underachieving.

Sad to hear about the injury though. Seems like there are far more of them this year.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Sad to hear about the injury though. Seems like there are far more of them this year.

Caddy and Benson seem to be fading, but Ronnie is picking it up.

Ewing
09-30-2007, 06:34 PM

That entire top ten sucked outside of Alex Smith and maybe Braylon Edwards.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
That entire top ten sucked outside of Alex Smith and maybe Braylon Edwards.

Alex Smith doesn't suck???

Ewing
09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Alex Smith doesn't suck???

He's average and could be better with some time.

ks_perfection
09-30-2007, 06:39 PM
The top ten for that draft class is horrible and the next ten picks are a very good. Its quite odd how that happened.

1 San Francisco 49ers Alex Smith
2 Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown
3 Cleveland Browns Braylon Edwards
4 Chicago Bears Cedric Benson
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carnell Williams
6 Tennessee Titans Adam "Pacman" Jones
7 Minnesota Vikings (from Oakland) Troy Williamson
8 Arizona Cardinals Antrel Rolle
9 Washington Redskins Carlos Rogers
10 Detroit Lions Mike Williams
11 Dallas Cowboys Demarcus Ware
12 San Diego Chargers (from New York Giants) Shawne Merriman
13 New Orleans Saints (from Houston) Jammal Brown
14 Carolina Panthers Thomas Davis
15 Kansas City Chiefs Derrick Johnson
16 Houston Texans (from New Orleans) Travis Johnson
17 Cincinnati Bengals David Pollack
18 Minnesota Vikings Erasmus James
19 St. Louis Rams Alex Barron
20 Dallas Cowboys (from Buffalo) Marcus Spears

nobodyinparticular
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Not to nitpick, but Derrick Johnson hasn't been nearly the LB he was billed to be when he was coming out. Pollack got injured so he hasn't done anything, but that's not his or the Bengals' fault whatsoever. Travis Johnson hasn't been good at all (1 career sack), Barron isn't anything special and Spears hasn't been anything special either. And let's not forget Erasmus James is a part of that Vikings' defense that features "2 elite DTs and absolutely no outside pass rush."

So the top 10 had Smith and Edwards, the next 10 had Ware, Merriman and Brown. It's not that big of a deal.

Ewing
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
The top ten for that draft class is horrible and the next ten picks are a very good. Its quite odd how that happened.

Ware, Merriman, Brown, Davis, and Derrick Johnson all picked in a row is very impressive.

Caddy
09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Hopefully it isn't an ACL tear. There have been varying reports as to the severity of the injury, ranging from knee sprain to full knee blow out.

diabsoule
09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Is it just me or have there been more injuries within the first four weeks than there has been in a while?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I can understand saying Pacman was a bad pick because of his character, but on the field he doesn't suck he is a very talented young CB was on his way to being a top CB and as a returner he was awesome, its just a shame he is a moron.

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
after his first 4 games caddy became such a frickin fairy

remix 6
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
i saw the injury..looked a little nasty. his knee was planted and just got jerked back

ouch

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
i saw the injury..looked a little nasty. his knee was planted and just got jerked back

ouch

it also looked like he got KOd momuntarily

benchod
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd be shocked if he plays again this season.

That looked like he tore more than his ACL.

Canadian_kid16
09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
thats not good...word is its a torn pateller tendon...this could be career threatening for a running back like him

themaninblack
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM
god damnit. my fantasy rb's are taking a beating, first steven jackson now cadillac?

PoopSandwich
09-30-2007, 09:24 PM

Braylon looks good this year...

Wow, think about that top 5 though...

Alex Smith
Ronnie Brown
Braylon Edwards
Cadillac Williams
Cedric Benson

What a weak top 5.

ks_perfection
09-30-2007, 09:43 PM
god damnit. my fantasy rb's are taking a beating, first steven jackson now cadillac?

I am so glad I got the 3rd pick (took addai) instead of the 2nd.

The Dynasty
09-30-2007, 10:16 PM

And I was mad that we drafted Troy Williamson instead of Mike Williams...Well I guess its a push.

Geo
09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
It looked bad, I thought. Hopes for the best, but fearing bad news.

Geo
09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
On NFL Gameday, they're saying Williams tore his right patella tendon and is out for the season. Blast it.

Vikes99ej
09-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Time for the Michael Pittman Show!

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2007, 12:05 AM
And I was mad that we drafted Troy Williamson instead of Mike Williams...Well I guess its a push.

Loser should have stayed in school...Could have had Williamson and Rice on the field at the same time.

Rice should have stayed also...damn Gamecocks never stick around.

The Legend
10-01-2007, 12:31 AM
so he is out for the season http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21072437/

missing 17 games in 3 years thats kind of sad (17 / 48)

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 05:58 AM
in all fairness i dont think that the top 5 picks were put in situations where they could have been successful. all three RB's have never been in a situation to flourish, all have been stuck behind a crap Oline. Alex smith was behind a crap oline with shoddy receivers and a piss awful run game. braylon edwards has had **** throwing to him ever since he came to the NFL, imagine if these skill players were put into a team where their main weakness wasnt crucial to the success of a back QB or WR

Caddy
10-01-2007, 09:16 AM
in all fairness i dont think that the top 5 picks were put in situations where they could have been successful. all three RB's have never been in a situation to flourish, all have been stuck behind a crap Oline. Alex smith was behind a crap oline with shoddy receivers and a piss awful run game. braylon edwards has had **** throwing to him ever since he came to the NFL, imagine if these skill players were put into a team where their main weakness wasnt crucial to the success of a back QB or WR

The Buccaneer's offensive line has been great this year and Caddy has reaped the rewards already tripling last season's TD total. Unfortunately we lost starter Luke Petitgout for a while so that is a little unfortunate. Caddy's injury was a freak accident and not a result of poor O-Line play. He just seems to get himself in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Splat
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Not to nitpick, but Derrick Johnson hasn't been nearly the LB he was billed to be when he was coming out.

He was good his first two years but this year he has been great he is all over the field he said in a interview he is not having to think about to much any more he is just playing football like back at TX. He was slowed down by an ankle injury last year and he was never the same but this year he is 100% Donnie Edwards has took him under his wing which has been huge he had no one to learn from his first two years.

Scotty D
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
There saying this could end his career, and that Tiki should come to the Bucs.

Geo
10-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Career-threating? Oh man, I hope not.

Bucs' left tackle Luke Petitgout suffered a torn ACL yesterday, he's also done for the season.

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Back 2 the drawing board for the bucs...so i guess they need a qb, wr, and rb all over again, and are still old on defense...even though it was an outside shot I didnt think it would of been a bad idea to pick AD and not run caddy to death but oh well

Turtlepower
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Bucs' left tackle Luke Petitgout suffered a torn ACL yesterday, he's also done for the season.

On a side note, remember when everyone was saying that cutting Petitgout was a dome decision by Jerry Reese...

bigbluedefense
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
On a side note, remember when everyone was saying that cutting Petitgout was a dome decision by Jerry Reese...

Jerry Reese has done a brilliant job thus far. Aaron Ross is playing very well, Steve Smith looks like he'll be a great player for us for years, even though he's hurt right now, you saw it when he gets on the field. DeOssie was great value in the 4th, Ahmad Bradshaw and Michael Johnson were great 7th round pickups, and Alford has potential.

Also, none of the guys he let go have proven him wrong by any means.

EDIT: Forgot about Feeley. If theres one thing Reese did wrong, he didn't resign Feeley.

Watchman
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Back 2 the drawing board for the bucs...so i guess they need a qb, wr, and rb all over again, and are still old on defense...even though it was an outside shot I didnt think it would of been a bad idea to pick AD and not run caddy to death but oh well

Why exactly do you think they are old on D? They have a few veteran players on D (Brooks, Barber, Spires, Carter) but they also have a decent amount of young talent.

Bucs4242
10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
any true football fan would know that much of Caddys 2+ seasons were stuck behind one of the bottom 3 OL in football. But of course he si the fallguy for his rushing stats, even though football doesnt work that way

Bills2083
10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
who's going to become the #1 RB?

Beans
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Graham's looked really good the last two weeks, I hope he can step it up.

remix 6
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
rumors have it they called Corey Dillon..he refused but says hes in great shape and theres a Tiki rumor that he might join Ronde.

etk
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Cadillac Williams=BUST

I agree, but looking back at that draft he was the best option. I pray he can get back on the field again, but his impact will be questionable if he does.

Scotty D
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Can you really call a guy a bust because of an injury? I mean he was playing pretty well this year until he got hurt.

Caddy
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Can you really call a guy a bust because of an injury? I mean he was playing pretty well this year until he got hurt.

I don't like to call a player whose career is jeopardized or ended through injury a bust, but for a player like Cadillac that may be the case. The fact that he continues to put himself into a position to get injured is a problem. Maybe after a year off recovering and rehabilitating he can get his career back on track, but i'm not holding my breath.

Watchman
10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't like to call a player whose career is jeopardized or ended through injury a bust, but for a player like Cadillac that may be the case. The fact that he continues to put himself into a position to get injured is a problem. Maybe after a year off recovering and rehabilitating he can get his career back on track, but i'm not holding my breath.

How did he put himself into a position to get injured on that run? He was in the open trying to put a move on a DB. Looked like his cleat slid out on the turf and then he took a hit. Freak thing, but it wasn't like he had 3 guys on him trying to get an extra half yard.

The field looked like crap the whole game.

Watchman
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
who's going to become the #1 RB?

I think it will be a committee approach with Graham and Pittman, maybe Darby from the PS in the mix. I don't buy the Tiki rumors, but some Buc sites are reporting that the team contacted Corey Dillion already. I'm curious who they could trade for?

Caddy
10-02-2007, 03:17 AM
How did he put himself into a position to get injured on that run? He was in the open trying to put a move on a DB. Looked like his cleat slid out on the turf and then he took a hit. Freak thing, but it wasn't like he had 3 guys on him trying to get an extra half yard.

The field looked like crap the whole game.

I was referring to his combined injuries. The guy just can't keep himself healthy.

Addict
10-02-2007, 04:09 AM
With Ricky Williams possibly back before the trade deadline, maybe he's an optionor the bucs?

Caddy
10-02-2007, 04:15 AM
With Ricky Williams possibly back before the trade deadline, maybe he's an optionor the bucs?

I've been hearing Mewelde Moore as a possibility.

Addict
10-02-2007, 04:17 AM
I've been hearing Mewelde Moore as a possibility.

so what's the word on this injury? Season-ending? Career-threatening?

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Season ending for both Cadillac Williams and Luke Petigout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3044754

Bills2083
10-02-2007, 06:10 AM
That would be crazy if Ronde and Tiki were both in Tampa. Are the Bucs playing the Giants at all this year?

Caddy
10-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Both Cadillac and Petitgout have suffered sever injuries. Caddy's is more severe than Petitgouts with a 9-12 month recovery period. At the moment the earliest he will be healthy is training camp but I doubt the Buc's even consider playing him till the regular season. There is a five month recovery period on Petitgouts injury.

d-dave
10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
As I was watching the game, I got sick to my stomache when Caddy went down. I'm a Panther fan, but I still hate seeing any player injured that badly. I have some bad knees so when I saw him land on his the way he did, it made me hurt.

Best of luck to Caddy on his recovery as well as petitgout. If its any consolation, Graham and Pittman should fill in nicely for him.

LonghornsLegend
10-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I agree, but looking back at that draft he was the best option. I pray he can get back on the field again, but his impact will be questionable if he does.

way 2 get over sensitive and negative rep me because i said the Bucs should of thought about drafting Peterson...smh