PDA

View Full Version : I am not looking forward to our games against the Packers.

Addict
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
In fact, I'm not looking forward AT ALL to our games against the packers. With the way that team is playing (pass heavy) and our pass D (our who?! that's my point exactly) we're gonna get destroyed, killed, mutilated, bent over backwards, beaten to within an inch of our lives. Plus they'll never shut up about it.

mqtirishfan
09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
In fact, I'm not looking forward AT ALL to our games against the packers. With the way that team is playing (pass heavy) and our pass D (our who?! that's my point exactly) we're gonna get destroyed, killed, mutilated, bent over backwards, beaten to within an inch of our lives. Plus they'll never shut up about it.

As a Packers fan, it's amazing to hear that again after the last few years. :D

Addict
09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
As a Packers fan, it's amazing to hear that again after the last few years. :D

it's coming from a lions fan, so don't get too enthousiastic. I'm just saying you guys are looking good and are probably (unless you start sucking) going to destroy us.

P-L
09-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Both team have similar offenses (they pass the ball well, but struggle to run the ball) but the problem is that they have a secondary, and we don't. I too am not looking forward to the two games either.

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Plus they'll never shut up about it.

I promise I will be nice, we have been in your situation before.

WMD
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
We're gonna get smoked on Thanksgiving.

Xiomera
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
We're gonna get smoked on Thanksgiving.

Most likely, but that's tradition . . .

All I can say is that after yeards of Minnesota and Chicago atop the standings in our division, I like seeing Dettroit and Green Bay #1 and #2.

Iamcanadian
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM

I think we can defend the pass against teams that have trouble running the ball. The weakness of the Tampa 2 defense is it places a lot of emphasis on defending the pass and is willing to give up yards on the ground to prevent the quick score.
Gb has a very poor running attack which may indeed open up an opportunity for Detroit to beat them. Philly could both beat you with the run or the pass and teams that can do that will give us problems all year, fortunately GB isn't one of those teams.

Addict
10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I promise I will be nice, we have been in your situation before.

aww thanks, I promise I'll be nice too if we by some strange coincidence or miracle manage to beat you!

LionSmack
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I think we'll have a chance on Thanksgiving. I think our DL is going to be much better in general at home vs. on the road and on Thanksgiving I think we will have a chance of getting to Farrve just a bit.

In Lambeau we'll probably get creamed. Maybe the weather will be so bad it will slow both teams down and make it a low-scoring tossup kind of game, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Addict
10-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I think we'll have a chance on Thanksgiving. I think our DL is going to be much better in general at home vs. on the road and on Thanksgiving I think we will have a chance of getting to Farrve just a bit.

In Lambeau we'll probably get creamed. Maybe the weather will be so bad it will slow both teams down and make it a low-scoring tossup kind of game, but that's probably wishful thinking.

with the packers playing the way they do now, I can't see a bright ending to those two games.