PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Bears, Game 1

GB12
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.southendzone.com/img4926/photos/20011209-bill.jpg

Yes I realize that week 4 isn't even over yet, but this is a rivalry game. Luckly for Bears fans Favre broke the record this week so you won't have to listen to Madden rave about it. Well not as much at least.

PACKmanN
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.southendzone.com/img4926/photos/20011209-bill.jpg

Yes I realize that week 4 isn't even over yet, but this is a rivalry game. Luckly for Bears fans Favre broke the record this week so you won't have to listen to Madden rave about it. Well not as much at least.

go on packers.com and look what u see :) its all over the world!

toonsterwu
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
It should be an intriguing game. The Bears stayed close against the Lions in a game that should never have been close, in all honesty. That said, the health of our defense will be key, particularly the DB's. If we can get a guy or two back, it'll make for an intriguing matchup in that, I think we can get pressure on you guys, and the Packers still lack a run game. That said, without our DB's, we're in trouble. I do expect week 2 of Griese to be a bit better than week 1, so that'll help in some regards.

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 07:23 PM
It should be an intriguing game. The Bears stayed close against the Lions in a game that should never have been close, in all honesty. That said, the health of our defense will be key, particularly the DB's. If we can get a guy or two back, it'll make for an intriguing matchup in that, I think we can get pressure on you guys, and the Packers still lack a run game. That said, without our DB's, we're in trouble. I do expect week 2 of Griese to be a bit better than week 1, so that'll help in some regards.

I agree, our passing offense has been very good, and even if you get some guys back we might be able to do something. My Prediction is us in a 10-3 type of game.

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I agree, our passing offense has been very good, and even if you get some guys back we might be able to do something. My Prediction is us in a 10-3 type of game.

nah... Bears won't do much, they've got too many injuries. It'll be a blowout and it all ends in Packer fans bragging about it and Bears fans saying it's unfair since they had loads of injuries. Then after a few weeks of that crap, when we're all bored with the showing off and complaining you'll all shut up about it, at least until the next time.

PackerLegend
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
The Bears have alot of injurys but right now who is hurt on the bears that might not play againist the Packers?

Twiddler
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

True, if you guys won't have your DB's then it would be a matchup comparable to the GB-SD game a week ago where they could get pressure but Favre was still able to take advantage of their secondary. But bring that comparison to offense and thats where the game falls in our favor, especially after you guys struggled against Detroits defense.

bearsfan_51
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Vasher is the only one that seems assured to be out. I would expect Briggs to play as they said he was close last week.

regoob2
10-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I think this is definetly the make it or break it game for the Bears. If we are 1-4 and the pack are 5-0 its all but over. I think the game will be close i don't forsee a pack blow out. There playing really well a lil better than they actually are but I still feel we match up well with the Pack. I don't do predictions so we'll see.

TacticaLion
10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Come on Bears! (I thought I'd never say that...)

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I think we matchup pretty well with the Packers too, but it really depends on the health of the defense. We're a good team against the pass when healthy, but unless Tillman and Briggs are back to top shape (and to a lesser degree Arch) our chances are much much less. Vasher hurts but is manageable with everyone else healthy.

If Tait misses that could cause problems too. He's the only one on the line playing worth a damn right now.

neko4
10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Packers v Bears Matchup
QB: GB- Favre's been hot this year and theres no denying that.
RB: GB- We've got Morency back and IMO we have better depth Cedric has been abysmal, WOlfe may need to gain some weight and Peterson doesnt get the ball that much.
WR: GB- Jennings came back and DD got 100 yards, JJ has shown potential.
TE: CHI- Lee and Bubba have done good enough and Im not sure what Clark and Olsen have done so im really basing this on last year.
OL: GB- Both teams have had bad run blocking, but I dont with the way we shut down NYG and I dont think favre has been sacked more than 3 or 4 times (one was even his or the recievers fault, plus the defenses we have gone up against have good-elite pass rushers except Minny)

DL: CHI-Slight advantage. Kampman has played well, and KGB has been a beast in relief of Cullen on passing sits.
LB: GB or CHI- All depends on the health of Briggs
DB: GB or CHI- All depends on whose healthy for CHI.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't buy Green Bay's runningbacks as being better than anyone in the NFL quite frankly.

TacticaLion
10-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't buy Green Bay's runningbacks as being better than anyone in the NFL quite frankly.

Yeah... regardless of how well Benson has played, I'd take him over anyone on the Pack's roster.

Who would you rather have: Derrick Ward or LT?

Might just be me.

Moses
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM

To be fair, Vernand Morency hasn't been able to play regularly yet. He was the Packers starting RB when camp opened.

neko4
10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Im basically assuming that Morency will play as good as Benson. He played well catching passes. Matter of fact all the RB's have done well out of the backfield recieving. They have more jobs than just running it (If only Jackson could pick up the blitz)

Twiddler
10-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Im basically assuming that Morency will play as good as Benson. He played well catching passes. Matter of fact all the RB's have done well out of the backfield recieving. They have more jobs than just running it (If only Jackson could pick up the blitz)

I wouldn't go that far, but he could be said to be up there.

jackalope
10-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll be going to the game. What's the injury report for the Bears look like?

VoteLynnSwan
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM

really good for the packers.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Vasher and Tait are definately out.

Tillman and Briggs are likely out.

Sigh...

bearsfan_51
10-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Sun-Times says Briggs and Tillman are likely to play, so who knows.

Moses
10-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I just can't see the Bears hurting the Packers at all with their offence so I think this is going to be a blowout. The Packers weakness on defence is the big play because they're very aggressive. Benson isn't going to reel off any long runs barring a miracle and I can't see Griese completing any long passes either. For this reason, I think it's going to be a long day for the Bears offence.

The Packers should be able to beat up on the Bears shorthanded secondary with their stable of receiving threats. Unless the Bears can create some turnovers, I just can't see them being in this game.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Benson isn't going to reel off any long runs barring a miracle and I can't see Griese completing any long passes either.
*Rolls eyes*

I didn't realize we were playing the Steel Curtain.

The Packers defense is good, but it's not elite, not yet anyway. Even the Vikings moved the ball on you guys.

Moses
10-06-2007, 02:59 PM
*Rolls eyes*

I didn't realize we were playing the Steel Curtain.

The Packers defense is good, but it's not elite, not yet anyway. Even the Vikings moved the ball on you guys.

Did you even read my analysis? The Packers are very stout except they're susceptible to the big play due to their aggressiveness. The Bears don't have players who are going to tear you up for 50 yards on a play (i.e. Adrian Peterson). Benson isn't a big play threat and Griese is not going to be lobbing 50 yard bombs downfield. The Packers are very difficult to grind against because they have great size and strength throughout their defence. If you don't make some big plays, you won't move the ball.

The Vikings moved the ball on about 5 plays the entire game. Peterson got loose a few times and there were a few other big plays. They didn't sustain drives, they just hit home runs from time to time. That's the Packers weakness. Unfortunately for the Bears, they don't have Adrian Peterson and Benson certainly isn't going to reel off any 50 yard runs.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but most would rate the Packers as a top 10 defence at worst.

GB12
10-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Did you even read my analysis? The Packers are very stout except they're susceptible to the big play due to their aggressiveness. The Bears don't have players who are going to tear you up for 50 yards on a play (i.e. Adrian Peterson). Benson isn't a big play threat and Griese is not going to be lobbing 50 yard bombs downfield. The Packers are very difficult to grind against because they have great size and strength throughout their defence. If you don't make some big plays, you won't move the ball.

The Vikings moved the ball on about 5 plays the entire game. Peterson got loose a few times and there were a few other big plays. They didn't sustain drives, they just hit home runs from time to time. That's the Packers weakness. Unfortunately for the Bears, they don't have Adrian Peterson and Benson certainly isn't going to reel off any 50 yard runs.

I don't know what your definition of elite is, but most would rate the Packers as a top 10 defence at worst.

Actually, they do...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070930/capt.04ede938492f4ed3a5947f806450ff23.bears_lions_ football_dtf102.jpg

bearsfan_51
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Well considering there are only 32 teams, no I would not consider top 10 elite.

Either way, to say that it will take a "miracle". Gimme a break dude.

Yeah the Packers are playing better, yeah they should be favored to win, and it could even be a blowout, but that's just ridiculous. The Packers are good but they aren't that far removed from the team that won 8 games last year.

Moses
10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Well considering there are only 32 teams, no I would not consider top 10 elite.

Either way, to say that it will take a "miracle". Gimme a break dude.

Yeah the Packers are playing better, yeah they should be favored to win, and it could even be a blowout, but that's just ridiculous. The Packers are good but they aren't that far removed from the team that won 8 games last year.

I said it would take a miracle for Griese to complete any long passes.

Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL. I'd say they are pretty far removed from a non-playoff team last year. At least as far removed as the Bears are from the team they were last year.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I said it would take a miracle for Griese to complete any long passes.

Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL. I'd say they are pretty far removed from a non-playoff team last year. At least as far removed as the Bears are from the team they were last year.

Actually you said barring a miracle Benson wouldn't break off any long runs. Maybe you should read your own analysis wiseass.

Regardless, IF we can even get remotely healthy, I think a lot of you Packers fans that are predicting a 35-3 game are in for a suprise. Even when we were kicking your asses I don't think any of us were stupid enough to say something like that.

Moses
10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Actually you said barring a miracle Benson wouldn't break off any long runs. Maybe you should read your own analysis wiseass.

Regardless, IF we can even get remotely healthy, I think a lot of you Packers fans that are predicting a 35-3 game are in for a suprise. Even when we were kicking your asses I don't think any of us were stupid enough to say something like that.

Well considering Benson has a career long run of 36 yards I'm not very afraid of him as a big-play threat.

Boston
10-07-2007, 02:52 AM
God, two trap games in a row. I can't wait for this game to be over with a Packers win. :)

DHVF
10-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Seeing as the Packers had to use the refs in order to beat the lowly Vikings, I'm thinking that there's no way something like that can happen again and am predicting the Bears to come out on top by a comfortable margin.

Moses
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Seeing as the Packers had to use the refs in order to beat the lowly Vikings, I'm thinking that there's no way something like that can happen again and am predicting the Bears to come out on top by a comfortable margin.

I guess their 4-0 record is just the result of refs loving the Packers.

DHVF
10-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess their 4-0 record is just the result of refs loving the Packers.
Ha, yup pretty much, as they would be 3-1 if the refs wouldn't have been so adamant about Brett getting the victory in his record breaking performance.

Moses
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Ha, yup pretty much, as they would be 3-1 if the refs wouldn't have been so adamant about Brett getting the victory in his record breaking performance.

Keep dreaming.

Boston
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM

Ha. That made me laugh. First of all, we dropped at least two sure interceptions, fumbled twice in the red zone, and fumbled again at the end of the game to give you a chance to tie. So yeah, give up the "refs hate the Vikings, and love the Packers" crap. It's kind of pathetic. And do you really expect us to make the same mistakes twice? I mean, we played like **** that game. It's easy to see. I'm sure they've been working there asses off this week in practice to try and correct that.

Try and stop whining...

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Ha. That made me laugh. First of all, we dropped at least two sure interceptions, fumbled twice in the red zone, and fumbled again at the end of the game to give you a chance to tie. So yeah, give up the "refs hate the Vikings, and love the Packers" crap. It's kind of pathetic. And do you really expect us to make the same mistakes twice? I mean, we played like **** that game. It's easy to see. I'm sure they've been working there asses off this week in practice to try and correct that.
Good point. I'm not even sure why we're playing this game. I mean...the Packers have been working hard this week...I say Packers 35 Bears 3 is too conservative. No way we'll hold the Packers offense to 35. I'm just hoping we can make it through without anyone dying.

Boston
10-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Good point. I'm not even sure why we're playing this game. I mean...the Packers have been working hard this week...I say Packers 35 Bears 3 is too conservative. No way we'll hold the Packers offense to 35. I'm just hoping we can make it through without anyone dying.

Wow. Somebodies awfully bitter. You know exactly what I meant. If you watched the game last week, you would have seen exactly what I'm talking about. But, hey, maybe that's a little much to hope for.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Wow. Somebodies awfully bitter. You know exactly what I meant. If you watched the game last week, you would have seen exactly what I'm talking about. But, hey, maybe that's a little much to hope for.
No I just think it's funny how most of you are assuming that the Bears are just going to roll over and the Packers are going to dominate because they've been "working hard all week". Clearly the Packers are playing much better right now, but I would be suprised if the point differential is more than +10.

We'll see though....I've been wrong about all kinds of things this year.

Football Fan
10-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I expect a close game. It seems as though the bears are getting healthier and there playing this game to pretty much determine if there season is over. If griese plays at least ok and their defense has enough depth to overcome their injuries the bears have a good chance in this game. Still, the packers are hot and the bears havent shown much at all this year. Its just hard to believe the nfc champs have become chumps after less than a year. There has to be more than enough talent for them to be dangerous any week this year.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 04:09 PM
It really comes down to Tillman. If he plays I think we have a decent shot. If he doesn't I think we're pretty ******.

Losing Vasher and Brown is tough enough, losing three members of your secondary (plus a backup) is beyond repair.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Packers have the longest active win streak in the NFL.

Also not true. That would be the Colts.

Moses
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Also not true. That would be the Colts.

Regular season winning streak...

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Lets see here, it doesn't look like Tait will be playing today... that's no good. If so, I expect to see Aaron Kampman all over Griese today. Briggs, would be nice to see him play but Jamar Williams has done a fine job of replacing him. Vasher, no chance he plays. We need Tillman to play big time or else we're ******.

Hey 51, who is the backup you are talking about that we lost?

Crazy_Chris
10-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Try and stop whining...

DHVF is right. Don't try and down grade the effect of that BS the refs pulled. It was a completely obvious fumble and was going to be a TD. If they don't call that play dead the game is tied 16-16 with all the momentum in the vikings favor instead of it becoming 23-9 with the momentum in the Packs favor.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Lets see here, it doesn't look like Tait will be playing today... that's no good. If so, I expect to see Aaron Kampman all over Griese today. Briggs, would be nice to see him play but Jamar Williams has done a fine job of replacing him. Vasher, no chance he plays. We need Tillman to play big time or else we're ******.

Hey 51, who is the backup you are talking about that we lost?

Kevin Payne is out for the year. Tillman is dressed though...so I expect that he'll play. I'm guessing that when we go nickel Danieal Manning will bump down to cornerback and Brandon McGowan will play FS. Either that or Trumaine McBride. Either way, the less Ricky Manning Jr actually plays at cornerback the better. He's built to be a 3rd corner.

Sportsfan486
10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh.. we can run the ball?

....OH SNAP.

TacticaLion
10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Holy ****.

I thought the Bears would score... but I didn't think it would be Benson running the ball.

Jesus.

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Kevin Payne is out for the year. Tillman is dressed though...so I expect that he'll play. I'm guessing that when we go nickel Danieal Manning will bump down to cornerback and Brandon McGowan will play FS. Either that or Trumaine McBride. Either way, the less Ricky Manning Jr actually plays at cornerback the better. He's built to be a 3rd corner.
****** a...

lucky to be only down 10. Offense has picked it up a bit... NO TURNOVERS! Defense is getting eaten alive with all the slants and short passes up the middle.

awfullyquiet
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
the special teams coverage is getting horrible.