PDA

View Full Version : Breakout players and interesting stats thus far.

PoopSandwich
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Just curious who everyone has seen breakout so far...

So far for the Browns Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. are #5 and #6 in the league for receiving yards... Braylon has 4 touchdowns.

I don't know if you can say Kellen is having a break out year, because he played great last year, but his AVG yards per catch is WAY up... Braylon is doing AMAZING though and you can say he is having an amazing year.

At this pace I could honestly see both of them making the pro-bowl... Now it's unlikely that they keep averaging around 90 yards per game, but its possible and it's what we need to see as Browns fans.

If you can call rookies "break outs" I gotta go with Adrian Peterson and Amobi Okoye, two of my favorite rookies having great years so far.

Who have you guys noticed that is having a breakout year or is having better stats then normal.

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
McGahee is a beast, showing why we gave him big bucks and proving some Bills fans wrong, but he isnt getting the ball enough

Wyndham
09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
If we're listing rookies... err, Dwayne Bowe?

Non-rookies, I like Derrick Johnson for the Chiefs. 3 sacks, a couple FFs, 1 INT, quite a few TFLs and a lot of great plays overall... he's really starting to live up to the hype.

SuperKevin
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
McGahee is a beast, showing why we gave him big bucks and proving some Bills fans wrong, but he isnt getting the ball enough

McGahee can put up big numbers in the stat sheet but won't put up any numbers in the win column

Ravens1991
09-30-2007, 07:15 PM
well he would help us win if he got the ball, he is a beast, but we need a QB who is 100% healthy.

09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
dwayne bowe cuz even tho hes a 1st round pick i had no idea he would be this good so fast

Windy
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
gerard "bust" warren is a beast and is outplaying everyone on the raiders defensive line.

kirk morrison and thomas howard have 3 INTs each.

oakland leads the league in total rushing.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Joey Harrington has twice as many TDs as INTs.

23trufant
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Joey Harrington has twice as many TDs as INTs.

Yea he has player very well. I always felt bad for him he has been on some bad teams.

fenikz
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
The entire Cardinals defense, I'm sure most people only know Adrian Wilson and maybe Karlos Dansby but the D has been great.

9 straight weeks without 100 yard rusher(in a division with Alexander, Gore & Jackson)

Darnell Dockett needs to be starting at DT in the probowl. 5.5 sacks so far

PoopSandwich
09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
gerard "bust" warren is a beast and is outplaying everyone on the raiders defensive line.

kirk morrison and thomas howard have 3 INTs each.

oakland leads the league in total rushing.

He needs to keep it up though, he usually stops playing at a good level after a little bit.

ny10804
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/8cd94ac5-0d1a-4135-b03b-1d182ddff623.jpg

Atari Bigby. He's built like a truck and had two big plays today (forced fumble, pictured, and a game-clinching interception). He's having a very good year.

Wootylicous
09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
The entire Cardinals defense, I'm sure most people only know Adrian Wilson and maybe Karlos Dansby but the D has been great.

9 straight weeks without 100 yard rusher(in a division with Alexander, Gore & Jackson)

Darnell Dockett needs to be starting at DT in the probowl. 5.5 sacks so far

He is in our pre-season pro-bowl selection :D

Green Bay Scat
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
i find it funny that Dockett has had at least 1 int every year hes been in

kmartin575
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Dwayne Bowe is easily the biggest breakout rookie.

18 catches, 299 yards, 3 touchdowns, 16.6 average

fenikz
09-30-2007, 07:41 PM
He is in our pre-season pro-bowl selection :D

where is that at?

rainbeaukid2
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
patrick willis is a beast and leads the niners in tackling with 36

yo123
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Say hello to Adrian Peterson.

keylime_5
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Mario Williams is doing well in Houston, and so is formerly written off DT Travis Johnson. Houston all of a sudden has a pretty good d-line......rookie DT Amobi Okoye who is only 20 is doing even better. Okoye is gonna be a great DT in the league for a LONG time, maybe 13-15 years even.

And if you wanna talk rookies breaking out, Adrian Peterson is killing in Minny. Amobi and Adrian should be the rookies of the year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Patrick Willis get it on D instead of Amobi.

Wootylicous
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
where is that at?

bottom 3rd page

yo123
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
nevermind.

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
drew brees
LJ
Vick
Trent Green
Joey Porter
to name a few...

Beans
09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Barrett "NFL Leading Tackler" Ruud

stephenson86
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
how about patrick crayton, looking to be the next receiver making a big name for himself. he will be a jewel in dallas

Xiomera
09-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Shaun McDonald is outperforming Mike Furrey and Calvin Johnson . . . who'd have thought?

JETS5128
09-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Technically Cotchery broke out last year, but this year he is definetly showing that he is legit

Chucky
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Ruud is definatly having the biggest breakout year, maybe thomas howard as well

fenikz
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
And how about Calvin "We could of drafted Terrel Suggs" Pace actually not sucking it up this year

mcdlaxbonz13
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
after todays game braylon edwards is definetly starting to show some promise

Green Bay Scat
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
James Jones caught his First TD today. I remember all the packer fans hated the pic of Jones, but loved it(Cause my SJSU homerism) but i was more disapointed in drafting Harrell

Boston
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Umm... Packer breakout player... Maybe Favre?

neko4
09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/8cd94ac5-0d1a-4135-b03b-1d182ddff623.jpg

Atari Bigby. He's built like a truck and had two big plays today (forced fumble, pictured, and a game-clinching interception). He's having a very good year.
He's even out playing Collins who should breakout this year

Ayway Greg Jennings is playing great so far. In only two games he's got 2 TD's including 420 and 421, but he kinda disappears every now and then

Geo
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Technically Cotchery broke out last year, but this year he is definetly showing that he is legit
Unfortunately he won't score the touchdowns he could, as long as Pennington is his quarterback.

ncst8fan83
09-30-2007, 10:51 PM
yeah, chad gets a hardon for coles when they're in the red zone for some reason.

Geo
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
And his arm is much more limited than the talented Cotchery is.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Umm... Packer breakout player... Maybe Favre?

It makes me think that this shocking article, which calls into question everything in Favre's career, may be true. (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/brett_favre_demands_trade_to_1996)

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Cant say I'm surprised but, this Romo guy is having an MVP caliber season.

Matt "The Real Deal" Schaub has been having a stellar season.

He didnt have a great week but, Brandon Marshall is def. breaking out.

Interesting stats:

Marlin Jackson has 40 tackles in 4 games.
Chad Pennington has a comp % of about 79%
Amobi Okoye has 4 sacks already
Darnell Dockett has 5.5 sacks already

Geo
09-30-2007, 11:36 PM
I heart Marlin Jackson, what a stud. His interception today was fantastic. Much thanks to 28 teams in the league for passing him in the weak 2005 Draft.

Speaking of a Colts player, I suppose Joseph Addai would qualify as having a "breakout" season thus far:

4 games started
84 rushing attempts for 407 yards (4.8 avg) and 5 touchdowns
11 receptions for 60 yards

Hopefully the workload lessens a bit, especially when considering current extrapolations over a full season. Addai didn't finish the game today, but the Colts were up two scores with possession of the ball, and Addai was seen smiling and looking well on the sidelines. The Colts still ran the ball well with backups Kenton Keith and Luke Lawton. Hopefully Addai will be okay for next week.

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I heart Marlin Jackson, what a stud. His interception today was fantastic.

Much thanks to 28 teams in the league for passing him in the weak 2005 Draft.

He's a fantasty stud...just a tackling machine. I'm getting tons of points from my DB position.

Turtlepower
09-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Derrick Ward is averaging 5.1 yards per carry. Who said we needed Tiki?

Jvig43
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Romo is doing well but, everyone said Brady couldnt put up numbers and now him and Randy are both having break out years, and on a team other then my own, id say Dwayne Bowe, the guy is a sick reciever.

VoteLynnSwan
10-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Romo is doing well but, everyone said Brady couldnt put up numbers and now him and Randy are both having break out years, and on a team other then my own, id say Dwayne Bowe, the guy is a sick reciever.

who said Brady couldn't put up numbers? what are you talking about.

SenorGato
10-01-2007, 01:38 AM
McGahee can put up big numbers in the stat sheet but won't put up any numbers in the win column

My cliche alarm blew up.

Whats the logic with that? "He may play well but the team doesn't win...it's probably his fault?" Does that make sense?

SuperKevin
10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
My cliche alarm blew up.

Whats the logic with that? "He may play well but the team doesn't win...it's probably his fault?" Does that make sense?

he's going to disappear in big games and break out in the meaningless ones. he did it all the time in Buffalo.

BlindSite
10-01-2007, 02:34 AM
DeShaun Foster has had a break out season of sorts thus far.

Jim Skipper who turned Barber from fumblitis 3rd down back into a great player has been working hard to turn him into a complete back and this year he's been a stud. I think at the end of week three he was something like 6th in the league.

I'm liking what I'm seeing hopefully he can stay healthy.

Chris harris has been a great pickup, though he's pretty limited.

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:04 AM
My cliche alarm blew up.

same amount of sense it makes to say it about a QB really.

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:07 AM
I'd say breakout player so far (or at least Comeback Player) hands down is Randy 'I ain't dead yet' Moss.

GREENSMACKS
10-01-2007, 03:22 AM
I think Schaub is doing a helluva job considering he has Andre Davis as his number 1 wr and Dayne as an RB...

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:37 AM
I think Schaub is doing a helluva job considering he has Andre Davis as his number 1 wr and Dayne as an RB...

his #1 reciever is André Johnson. And he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. Other than that he does have a bad running game and his line still isn't very good.

Addict
10-01-2007, 03:56 AM
how about Osi getting 6 sacks?

Dam8610
10-01-2007, 04:02 AM
his #1 reciever is André Johnson. And he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. Other than that he does have a bad running game and his line still isn't very good.

Johnson is hurt, which is why the Texans offense isn't performing like it did in the first 2 weeks.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-01-2007, 04:09 AM

Well, Andre Johnson is as much Schaub's #1 wideout right now as Ahman Green is his starting tailback.

Dolfan2788
10-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Ronnie Brown is probably going to have his breakout season that everyone expected him to have last year.

In the last 2 weeks when he was given the load he has produced 400 rushing and receiving yards, (246 rushing, 172 receiving) and has 4 TD's, ( 3RSH, 1 REC)

Not bad with a dud QB. Plus he is beginning to truck some people like in college. I can't remember who it was today but someone was trying to drag Ronnie down and he just laid the lumber on the 2nd person coming in to tackle him head on before crashing into the end zone.

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 06:31 AM
lendale white

Bills2083
10-01-2007, 06:37 AM
-Adrian Peterson
-Marhsawn Lynch
-Patrick Willis
-Dwayne Bowe
-Posluszny was having a great season until he broke his forearm

Jughead10
10-01-2007, 07:44 AM

But Osi has been an All Pro. So this wouldn't be breaking out. Although expect Justin Tuck to breakout in his third season after missing nearly all of last year. He has been the best player on our defense all year. And when we were giving up 80 points the first two weeks, he looked like the only one caring out there. He had 2 sacks of his own last night and he busted up the 4th down play on our goal line stand last week in Washington.

T-RICH49
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Dwayne Bowe by far.It is much easier for a rookie RB IMHO to come in and make an impact then a rookie WR to make an instant impact

Splat
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Dwayne Bowe

We just call him D-Bo in KC.:)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4263/976capturefriday02yb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Addict
10-01-2007, 09:12 AM
We just call him D-Bo in KC.:)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4263/976capturefriday02yb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ummmmm.... that's not really 'cool' although it beats Megatron.

stephenson86
10-01-2007, 10:08 AM

and getting 0 in his first 3 games

sorry but getting 6 sacks in 1 game and 0 in 3 isnt that good, the phili OL was CRAP and i could of sacked mcnabb, if he did that against a line that could block then woah...but no, he did it against a sieve, like a bunch of 11 yr olds

Jughead10
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM

sorry but getting 6 sacks in 1 game and 0 in 3 isnt that good, the phili OL was CRAP and i could of sacked mcnabb, if he did that against a line that could block then woah...but no, he did it against a sieve, like a bunch of 11 yr olds

Well he was hurt and taken out in the first quarter of week 1, and has been playing hurt the last two weeks. He is getting healthier. You could see it last week as well although he didn't get any sacks. Either way though, 6 sacks is kind of a freakish thing and could happen to a lot of great players. Philly picked up a lot of the blitzes from the corners and LBers but it just let guys like Tuck and Osi be blocked only by one guy. Which is a mismatch for these guys and they will take advantage of it. Rookie Aaron Ross had a big game in coverage and timing his blitzes freeing up our DEs.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM

6 sacks is amazing, but you're right, let's not get carried away. Justice, essentially a rookie playing his first game at LT was obviously overmatched, but a big part of the blame has to go to the coaching staff who, after a couple sacks, you'd think would have got the idea that Justice needed a TE/RB to help him. But no, Andy Reid always knows best :rolleyes: Runyan got his biannual ass kicking at the hands of Michael Strahan as well. For some reason, Strahan always dominates Runyan. Runyan can handle Julius Peppers, but for some reason Strahan is his daddy.

Jughead10
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
6 sacks is amazing, but you're right, let's not get carried away. Justice, essentially a rookie playing his first game at LT was obviously overmatched, but a big part of the blame has to go to the coaching staff who, after a couple sacks, you'd think would have got the idea that Justice needed a TE/RB to help him. But no, Andy Reid always knows best :rolleyes: Runyan got his biannual ass kicking at the hands of Michael Strahan as well. For some reason, Strahan always dominates Runyan. Runyan can handle Julius Peppers, but for some reason Strahan is his daddy.

Runyan tells the best story back in the 2000 playoffs. Said Strahan hit him in the chest with his palms so hard that Runyan fell over because of the impact. Then Strahan stepped on him when he ran over him to sack McNabb.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Runyan tells the best story back in the 2000 playoffs. Said Strahan hit him in the chest with his palms so hard that Runyan fell over because of the impact. Then Strahan stepped on him when he ran over him to sack McNabb.

That pretty much sums up the "rivalry" between these two behemoths.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Hopefully, Justice plays when we go up against them. He was on his backside all game long.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Hopefully, Justice plays when we go up against them. He was on his backside all game long.

I think Thomas is day-to-day. The bye week will help as well. Like I said earlier, it wasn't all Justice. Coaching adjustments have to be made. You can't just throw essentially a rookie out there against one of the best DEs in the league and expect him to not suck. 6 sacks is brutal, but help next time would be stellar. Justice is a better fit at RT anyway, so maybe when Jon Runyan retires he'll slide in there.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I think Thomas is day-to-day. The bye week will help as well. Like I said earlier, it wasn't all Justice. Coaching adjustments have to be made. You can't just throw essentially a rookie out there against one of the best DEs in the league and expect him to not suck. 6 sacks is brutal, but help next time would be stellar. Justice is a better fit at RT anyway, so maybe when Jon Runyan retires he'll slide in there.

Thomas will be back for our game barring another injury...i just wouldnt mind seeing Justice. :)

I feel your pain after watching that game...brings back memories of the Tucker/Petitti duo days in Dallas. Not fun times.

Jughead10
10-01-2007, 10:44 AM

With LJ out, not that he is a great blocker anyway, that hurt the Eagles a bit. Plus they have guys picking up the blitzes from the corners and LBers. There were too many blitzers. Osi and Strahan were left one on one because of that. Some blame has to go to McNabb as well. Not getting the ball out quicker. Or Andy Reid's play calling. They needed more intermediate routes to counter the blitz and get the ball out of his hands quicker.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Kabeer Gbaja Biamila has 10 tackles 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles playing almost only in obvious passing situations. He's on pace to be equal to his best years playing half as many snaps (or less) as he normally does with Cullen Jenkins now starting.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
With LJ out, not that he is a great blocker anyway, that hurt the Eagles a bit. Plus they have guys picking up the blitzes from the corners and LBers. There were too many blitzers. Osi and Strahan were left one on one because of that. Some blame has to go to McNabb as well. Not getting the ball out quicker. Or Andy Reid's play calling. They needed more intermediate routes to counter the blitz and get the ball out of his hands quicker.

I know LJ isn't a great blocker, but Brent Celek is a more than capable blocking TE. Or Buckhalter/Hunt can at least slow them down.

McNabb's GOT to get rid of the ball quicker. He holds the ball for so long, afraid to run at all, always looking for the perfect throw, and avoids contact more than Marvin Harrison. The running game was excellent last night, but Passaholic Andy just got the itch to throw the ball.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-01-2007, 04:12 PM
This is a team one, but who expected that 5 weeks into the season, Oakland's offense would be ranked higher than it's defense?

PackerLegend
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Bowe is doing good so is another WR most everyone said was a reach in the 3rd.

James Jones
18 catches, 232 yards, 1 touchdown, 12.9 average

he catches everything

Moses
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Bowe is doing good so is another WR most everyone said was a reach in the 3rd.

James Jones
18 catches, 232 yards, 1 touchdown, 12.9 average

he catches everything

Packers are the youngest team in the NFL and are 4-0. It doesn't get much better than this. All we need is some semblance of a rushing attack and there will be nothing for us to whine about.

bored of education
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
How did Aaron Rodgers do in pre-season..has he shown much progression?

JagHombre22
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
david Garrard anyone?

Moses
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
How did Aaron Rodgers do in pre-season..has he shown much progression?

Yes. He looks ready to start.

JETS5128
10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately he won't score the touchdowns he could, as long as Pennington is his quarterback.

Meh, he really doesn't have top end speed, he is much more of a thret in the short/intermediate passing game

yeah, chad gets a hardon for coles when they're in the red zone for some reason.

maybe because coles is one of the best fade route recievers in the league?

bored of education
10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
People gave me crap for saying Laverne and Shirl Coles isa top 10 receiver. I still stand by it. I think dude is an absolute beast.

BlindSite
10-02-2007, 02:35 AM
This is a team one, but who expected that 5 weeks into the season, Oakland's offense would be ranked higher than it's defense?

Me?

I've always had a theory about bad teams having defenses that look better than they are.

GREENSMACKS
10-02-2007, 03:08 AM

I meant thats what he played with in Indy and ATL and did pretty well.

PoopSandwich
10-02-2007, 09:15 AM
People gave me crap for saying Laverne and Shirl Coles isa top 10 receiver. I still stand by it. I think dude is an absolute beast.

People ripped me for saying I thought Bralyon was going to be sweet (Around where I live they did.) and I got an unbelievably large amount of **** for promoting K2 for his 2 year span of injuries.

They're finally looking like the pro-bowlers I thought they could be.

PackerLegend
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Its not a breakout player but look at this.

Moss has 31 catches, 505 yards, 7 TD in 4 games if he keeps this up, at the end of the season he will have

124 catches, 2020 yards, 28 TDs <<< can you say HOLY S**T

Addict
10-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Its not a breakout player but look at this.

Moss has 31 catches, 505 yards, 7 TD in 4 games if he keeps this up, at the end of the season he will have

124 catches, 2020 yards, 28 TDs <<< can you say HOLY S**T

why yes I can: HOLY SH*T!

I never liked the projected stats, they're always inflated. Moss and Brady both still have to face a real good pass defense, so don't get too excited already. Kitna's supposed to go over 5,000 if you project his numbers.

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Michael Boley. He had a breakout season last year, but the stats didnt show it. This year:

29 tackles (2nd in the league), 1 FF, 2 passes defensed.

He has been EVERYWHERE. Even last year. Check out his stats for 3 years (28 starts)

178 tackles, two forced fumbles, three sacks, two interceptions, 14 passes defended, three fumble recoveries and a blocked field goal.

Talk about 5th round steal. He is only going to get better.

no love
10-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Patrick Willis is on pace for 152 tackles. But the scary thing is... he has a good chance to hit that number. So far, in his worst statistical game of the year the commentators couldn't keep talking about how he was everywhere.

Shiver
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Michael Boley. He had a breakout season last year, but the stats didnt show it. This year:

He has been EVERYWHERE. Even last year. Check out his stats for 3 years (28 starts)

178 tackles, two forced fumbles, three sacks, two interceptions, 14 passes defended, three fumble recoveries and a blocked field goal.

He's the team's best coverage linebacker, run stopping linebacker, can play SS and RE. I've been a big fan for a while now. He is the pro-bowl caliber LB on the team, not Keith Brooking.

Addict
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Patrick Willis is on pace for 152 tackles. But the scary thing is... he has a good chance to hit that number. So far, in his worst statistical game of the year the commentators couldn't keep talking about how he was everywhere.

Yes and it's strange he gets such big numbers as a 3-4 ILB

Paranoidmoonduck
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Me?

I've always had a theory about bad teams having defenses that look better than they are.

I have no doubt that last year's craptastic offense made the defense look better in both the stat line and visually by comparison, but you really expected arguably the worst NFL offense of the past couple decades to outperform last year's #3 defense?

Just for reference.

Oakland Raider Offense

Games: 16
Wins: 2
20 Point Games: 4
Passing TD: 7
Rushing TD: 5

Games: 4
Passing TD: 6

NIN1984
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I have no doubt that last year's craptastic offense made the defense look better in both the stat line and visually by comparison, but you really expected arguably the worst NFL offense of the past couple decades to outperform last year's #3 defense?

Just for reference.

Oakland Raider Offense

Games: 16
Passing TD: 7

Games: 4
Passing TD: 6

my god we were awful under art shell, just awful

no love
10-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes and it's strange he gets such big numbers as a 3-4 ILB

Yah he has actually shown to be very adept at shedding tackles. It seems like a lot of his tfl's come on the edges where he can use his speed. The problem with the 49ers line is that the NT's have not been getting consistently doubled so offensive linemen are getting to the LBs.

In a defense where he has 4 linemen protecting him (like the scheme we used against Seattle) he is much better at stopping the ball carrier at the line.

Oh and he has 1 FF and 2 PD's. Just wait till the game really slows down for him!!!

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
He's the team's best coverage linebacker, run stopping linebacker, can play SS and RE. I've been a big fan for a while now. He is the pro-bowl caliber LB on the team, not Keith Brooking.

I seriously hope he gets his due. I am sure being one of the leaders in have him as at least an alternate this year. I want him known, so I can get his jersey.

Jakey
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Santonio Holmes deserves a mention, 285 Yds, 20.4 Avg, 3 Td's, 14 catches 14 first downs. He's never gonna post massive numbers, because the Stillers just dont throw the ball much.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM

Yes, get to know this man's name. Michael Boley is so beast.

KILLERSANTA
10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
how about patrick crayton, looking to be the next receiver making a big name for himself. he will be a jewel in dallas

You should run for president........

ironman4579
10-02-2007, 08:00 PM

He's actually not second in the league anymore. He's 4th in solo tackles, and 15th in tackles according to NFL.com. A very good player, just pointing out he's actually not second.

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
He's actually not second in the league anymore. He's 4th in solo tackles, and 15th in tackles according to NFL.com. A very good player, just pointing out he's actually not second.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

According to NFL.com, it says he is 2nd in solo tackles.

Dolfan2788
10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
An interesting stat is that Ronnie Brown leads the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage with 559. Of just 60 touches of the ball and only averaging 15 carries per game and averaging 7 yards per touch of the pigskin.

The supposed bust isn't doing to bad imo, behind what a lot of people think is one of the worst lines in football.

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 11:32 PM
An interesting stat is that Ronnie Brown leads the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage with 559. Of just 60 touches of the ball and only averaging 15 carries per game and averaging 7 yards per touch of the pigskin.

The supposed bust isn't doing to bad imo, behind what a lot of people think is one of the worst lines in football.

Hes not very consistent. His last 2 games have been beastly, but before that...

ironman4579
10-03-2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

According to NFL.com, it says he is 2nd in solo tackles.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conf=ALL&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_TOTAL_TACKLES&d-447263-n=1

d34ng3l021
10-03-2007, 02:41 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conf=ALL&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_TOTAL_TACKLES&d-447263-n=1

Oh damn. Sorry, my bad. I guess that page is wrong?

Boley is still a beast.

Gchu83
10-03-2007, 08:39 AM

Well Andre has been out the past 2 games and will more than likely miss a 3rd. But speaking about the Texans...Amobi Okoye: 10 Solo Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 FF.

Geo
10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Hes not very consistent. His last 2 games have been beastly, but before that...
... he wasn't getting near the touches he should, with eleven in each of the first two games. Thankfully Cam Cameron finally smartened up and put the ball in his franchise runningback's hands more.

Geo
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Antonio Gates 33 receptions (43 targets), 376 yards, 2 touchdowns, 21 first downs (63.6%)
Tony Gonzalez 21 receptions (28 targets), 238 yards, 1 touchdown, 12 first downs (57.1%)
Kellen Winslow 20 receptions (32 targets), 367 yards, 1 touchdown, 15 first downs (75.0%)
Dallas Clark 19 receptions (30 targets), 251 yards, 4 touchdowns, 15 first downs (78.9%)

The Legend
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
| Barrett Ruud - 4 Games | 40 Tackles | 32 Solo | 1 Interception | 4 Force Fumbles |

Note: 1 Turnover every game this year, leads NFL in tackles

Addict
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Well Andre has been out the past 2 games and will more than likely miss a 3rd. But speaking about the Texans...Amobi Okoye: 10 Solo Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 FF.

yea Okoye has been absolutely amazing so far. And so young... Texans made a good choice.

ironman4579
10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh damn. Sorry, my bad. I guess that page is wrong?

Boley is still a beast.

No worries, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk by just putting the link in with no comments, but I was in a hurry. I do agree that Boley is a beast and very underrated.

Sniper
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
yea Okoye has been absolutely amazing so far. And so young... Texans made a good choice.

He's a bust in TC though, so his stats shouldn't count :rolleyes:

ironman4579
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
| Barrett Ruud - 4 Games | 40 Tackles | 32 Solo | 1 Interception | 4 Force Fumbles |

Leads the NFL in solo tackles, and tied for the lead in total tackles. Definately having a monster season so far. Although I do have to say that Marlin Jackson is having a beastly year, to be second in solo tackles and tied for the lead in total tackles as a corner.

Moses
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Leads the NFL in solo tackles, and tied for the lead in total tackles. Definately having a monster season so far. Although I do have to say that Marlin Jackson is having a beastly year, to be second in solo tackles and tied for the lead in total tackles as a corner.

That can be seen as a negative as cornerbacks often make tackles on somebody when they get burnt.

Geo
10-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Marlin Jackson: 40 tackles, 31 solo, 1 interception, 1 pass defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery

duckseason
10-03-2007, 06:38 PM
nevermind. I misquoted.

ironman4579
10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
That can be seen as a negative as cornerbacks often make tackles on somebody when they get burnt.

I agree. I actually thought of that, but in the one Colts game I've actually watched so far, it seemed like he was getting most of his tackles in run support or on short receiving gains, rather than tackles down the field. Could just be me though. I am a fan of Jackson, although not the Colts, so I'd like to get something of an unbiased opinion and some observations on it.

Geo
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Cornerback. Though he does slide to nickel, where he played the last two seasons, in those situations.

ironman4579
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Cornerback. Though he does slide to nickel, where he played the last two seasons, in those situations.

No, I know that, I was just wondering if more of his tackles have been coming in run support and on short gains rather than down the field.

Moses
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
No, I know that, I was just wondering if more of his tackles have been coming in run support and on short gains rather than down the field.

I haven't been paying enough attention to him to see where his tackles have been taking place, so I'll have to take your word for it.

I know when I check stats after games I always look for CBs with a lot of tackles as it usually means they were thrown at a lot. For example, Jarrett Bush of the Packers had a bunch because he gets picked on a lot.

CannedToast
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Antonio Gates 33 receptions (43 targets), 376 yards, 2 touchdowns, 21 first downs (63.6%)

Man, Gates is such a beast. All that despite the fact he has been the only person going on the offense in the first 3 weeks.

Finsfan79
10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Ronnie Brown has a good chance to become the 2nd ever running back to have 200+ total yards from scrimage this weekend. The only ever being the Great Walter Payton

Kid is getting the touches now and really playing great.

Also Vernan Carey has been like a rock for Miami on the Oline and Sateli the Center we drafted too has been great. They are the only pieces of our line that has been worth anything. Yet, Both are playing good specially Carey at a new LT position

bored of education
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM
You mean in consecutive weeks? I like that O-Line they are looking solid.

Finsfan79
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
You mean in consecutive weeks? I like that O-Line they are looking solid.

for 3 weeks in a row yes sorry

Dolfan2788
10-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Ronnie Brown has a good chance to become the 2nd ever running back to have 200+ total yards from scrimage this weekend. The only ever being the Great Walter Payton

Also Vernan Carey has been like a rock for Miami on the Oline and Sateli the Center we drafted too has been great. They are the only pieces of our line that has been worth anything. Yet, Both are playing good specially Carey at a new LT position

Shelton has been good in the run game and Lewinski has been very good all season. He's very underrated and just not even taken into context but that left side including Satele at center is getting to be a good line builder for the future.

Finsfan79
10-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Shelton has been good in the run game and Lewinski has been very good all season. He's very underrated and just not even taken into context but that left side including Satele at center is getting to be a good line builder for the future.

yep get us a right tackle like long and a guard over there and we will be set for the future. I believe shelton is a FA after the year. I wouldnt mind bringing him back as a guard though.

Bills2083
10-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Who are you guys playing this week?

Caddy
10-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Glad to see he gets some recognition. Ruud has been beastly this year and I hope it continues.

Freddy G
10-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Tony Gonzalez 21 receptions (28 targets), 238 yards, 1 touchdown, 12 first downs (57.1%)
Kellen Winslow 20 receptions (32 targets), 367 yards, 1 touchdown, 15 first downs (75.0%)
Dallas Clark 19 receptions (30 targets), 251 yards, 4 touchdowns, 15 first downs (78.9%)

Those first down stats are beastly.

Also 18.35 ypc for K2....wowzah, that's pretty nuts for a TE. That's 5 more ypc than anyone else listed.

If it wasn't for Gates, the Chargers wouldn't have a passing game (even though its not that good this year).

d34ng3l021
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Michael Boley today.

11 solo. 4 assisted. 1 interception.

PoopSandwich
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Edwards and Winslow are freaks.

I want Quinn though.

BlindSite
10-08-2007, 01:57 AM
John Beason today had a monster game 13 total tackles and a pass defense, plus he cut in between two offensive linemen to hit reggie bush and stop a screen. All during his first game in the middle. Makes you wonder how much better he could be right now if he didn't miss all but two weeks of TC.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Michael Boley today.

11 solo. 4 assisted. 1 interception.

Was everywhere, covering like a Dback, running down Vince taking on FB and runnin backs. For anyone not watching falcons games .... think a young Julian Peterson.

CC.SD
10-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Gates is easily having his best season, which means he's probably having the best TE season ever. Almost 500 yards and 3 tds so far on 40 catches.

BlindSite
10-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Was everywhere, covering like a Dback, running down Vince taking on FB and runnin backs. For anyone not watching falcons games .... think a young Julian Peterson.

I was thinking more like a young Takeo Spikes.

Shiver
10-08-2007, 03:28 AM
The NFC South has some stud, young linebackers in Ruud, Boley and Beason.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-08-2007, 03:42 AM
I was thinking more like a young Takeo Spikes.

That's also close, but physically he looks more like Peterson. He isnt really built like a TKO style LBer, he is really rangy, he's done great to get up to 240lbs from 220lbs but you wouldnt know it by looking at him.

Im enjoying watching the Falcons play at the moment, dispite the losses, it's exciting to see our youth go around. Roddy White, Michael Boley and Jamal Anderson and Jerious Norwood are fun for me to watch win or lose, i really want em to do well.

We all have reasons to be exited with Ruud, Beason and Boley, i just dont want Boley to be overlooked by fans when their teams play the falcons, he deserves to start being a guy that fans/teams should fear. Just like i expect Ruud and Beason to be.

Also, not really a breakout, and not trying to start a debate but Deangello Hall is really playing well at the moment. I'm starting to think about removing the over-rated tag i had on him. I think im very objective when watch Deangelo play, dispite being a Falcon fan. Can any stat gurus find some stats about how many times he has been thrown at? I'd say less than 7 times in 5 weeks

diabsoule
10-08-2007, 03:59 AM
The NFC South has some stud, young linebackers in Ruud, Boley and Beason.

It makes me really wish one of those guys played for the Saints.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Well if you get one, it will be like the NFC South DE's from last year, although Atlanta's never got on the feild together. Maybe Laurentis?

Just dont get Rey Maualaga, i wanna team him up with Boley ;)

scar988
10-08-2007, 06:44 AM
hmm, how about this:
Roddy White
21 catches
356 yards
1 touchdown.

d34ng3l021
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
It makes me really wish one of those guys played for the Saints.

Wish you guys had AJ Hawk, huh?

DeAngelo Hall is doing a good job this year. I would have expected that because of all the man that Zimmer plays. Hall is a great man to man guy and is showing that. Now, all he needs to do is face more top tier competition. He basically shut down/contained Steve Smith for most the game. Lets see how he does against Burress who is having a monster season. That will be a good match up, even if the Falcons get blown out.

d34ng3l021
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
hmm, how about this:
Roddy White
21 catches
356 yards
1 touchdown.

Imagine Roddy White with a guy who could actually throw a deep ball, which is where White excels.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Interesting Stat? Read the sig.........