PDA

View Full Version : LSU's Tiger Stadium Voted Scariest Place To Play

diabsoule
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3044646

After being to numerous games I would agree. That crowd noise is just deafening.

TigerBait45
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Its definitely a unique atmosphere. The Swamp is one of few places I think you can compare to it.

Michigan
10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
No surprise here. I'll give the Swamp, Autzen, and Blacksburg honorable mentions.

soybean
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
No surprise here. I'll give the Swamp, Autzen, and Blacksburg honorable mentions.

what about happy valley?

ps. it's gonna suck for whoever plays them in the NC, hopefully USC.

diabsoule
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
what about happy valley?

ps. it's gonna suck for whoever plays them in the NC, hopefully USC.

Happy Valley was between 7th and 10th on the list.

BuddyCHRIST
10-01-2007, 04:31 PM
thats a horrible list, LSU number one is right (atleast at night) and VT at night is probably close. But during the day VT is pedestrian and Florida is vastly overrated. It holds alot of people but isn't really that loud, you see the Auburn game and on big downs for UF's defense the noise was no where near alot of stadiums. Miami shouldn't be anywhere close, maybe when they are in the NC hunt and at night, but if they arent chasing a national title its half full regardless of who they are playing. Im glad someone realized how nasty Clemson is though, Oregon's stadium should definitely be there over Cal. OU isn't great either. I'd put Auburn there over alot of teams. They put way too much weight on this list on how good of teams everybody is right now. And after watching the USC v Washington game, I was very impressed with the rowdiness of those fans. When I was switching between that and the UF game it was not even comparable how much louder Wazzu fans were.

soybean
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Happy Valley was between 7th and 10th on the list.

lol, sorry i didn't read it, i just saw his post.

Sniper
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I'd be scared too with a 700 lb tiger staring at me while I was playing.

diabsoule
10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd be scared too with a 700 lb tiger staring at me while I was playing.

He's yet to make his first appearance but I have gone down to his habitat and he's playful kitty.

saintsfan912
10-02-2007, 12:06 AM
And he's only 350 right now. They say in 2 years, when he is 4, he will get up to 700 pounds. And yea, he is very playful. Unless you are wearing something other than purple and gold that is.

fenikz
10-02-2007, 01:48 AM
USC and Cal shouldn't be on the list, you can argue for Miami because of the point they made "No place can get louder or nastier at a big moment."

Turtlepower
10-02-2007, 02:09 AM
If LSU does go to the NC this year (like I think they will), I am wondering why they only do it when they have home-field... (more or less).

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 02:40 AM
If LSU does go to the NC this year (like I think they will), I am wondering why they only do it when they have home-field... (more or less).

haha. Good point.

gstock05
10-02-2007, 11:38 AM
They have the Orange Bowl on the list....

Enough said. Terrible list.

If this guy is listing VaTech over Ohio Stadium for night games because he happened to be at one night game there, he should have tried to make it to Texas OSU 2005... or any OSU Michigan game...

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
They have the Orange Bowl on the list....

Enough said. Terrible list.

If this guy is listing VaTech over Ohio Stadium for night games because he happened to be at one night game there, he should have tried to make it to Texas OSU 2005... or any OSU Michigan game...

Because the Orange Bowl doesn't hold the record for most consecutive home games won. >_< Why do you think UM wanted to stay there so badly even with the condition it was in?

vatech=accdomination
10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
this doesnt signify loudest, although it probably factors in, this is scariest, as in most intimidating, loudest, all the other factors put into one

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 04:21 PM
They don't call it "Death Valley" for nothing. There are many SEC stadiums that give the home team an advantage. Not to mention, the nicknames. "The Swamp", "Death Valley", "Rocky Top", and I think another has a nickname to it also. And on a bit on a homer note, I believe Neyland Stadium has the highest average attendance in the SEC with around 109,000 attendents per game.

And I agree that the rankings partially have to do with how good the teams are now.

Sniper
10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
And on a bit on a homer note, I believe Neyland Stadium has the highest average attendance in the SEC with around 109,000 attendents per game.

Who cares? Michigan averages the most and doesn't make noise. Crowd size isn't everything.

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Who cares? Michigan averages the most and doesn't make noise. Crowd size isn't everything.

Exactly. There is just something about football in the South that can't compare to football anywhere else, imo.

Sniper
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Exactly. There is just something about football in the South that can't compare to football anywhere else, imo.

The SEC may irritate the **** out of me in terms of arrogance, but this is a true statement. I hope to make it to a few SEC games for the atmosphere. I've only ever been to Va Tech/USC a couple years ago at Redskins Stadium so that doesn't even count as a college campus :( But man, those guys were loud. I can only imagine in the South.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I've watched at Lane stadium it is crazy, I heard WVU crowds are pretty crazy too.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Memorial Stadium is scarier we have a fault line that goes right through the stadium what does LSU have?

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Memorial Stadium is scarier we have a fault line that goes right through the stadium what does LSU have?

93,000 drunk fans screaming at the top of their lungs at a volume loud enough to register on the Richter scale.

gstock05
10-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Because the Orange Bowl doesn't hold the record for most consecutive home games won. >_< Why do you think UM wanted to stay there so badly even with the condition it was in?

I'm pretty sure that was because Miami was playing in the big east and was an extremely dominant team when that happened. Not because of the orange bowl.

BerninWI
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
And he's only 350 right now. They say in 2 years, when he is 4, he will get up to 700 pounds. And yea, he is very playful. Unless you are wearing something other than purple and gold that is.

If they let that a-hole loose.....I wonder how much school spirit he'd have.

thats a horrible list, LSU number one is right (atleast at night) and VT at night is probably close. But during the day VT is pedestrian and Florida is vastly overrated.

That's a great point, which I never pondered. The SEC gets many of the night slots therefore their atmospheres might be a little overrated. The Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC are playing during the day much more frequently. It's not typically as loud because half the fans are hungover. For the night games they have the opportunity to sober up and then get a peak buzz going for gametime. That, in conjunction with it being harder to see every action at night, loosens a fan's inhibition. Night games always seem like better atmospheres regardless of the school.

As for LSU, I'd be more intimidated by 330 pound men bearing down on you with speed, than their crowd.

gstock05
10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I agree...

I think the list should be more of "loudest stadium under special circumstances."

Either way, there is no "best" stadium in the country and this guy has an obvious SEC bias.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-02-2007, 09:50 PM
93,000 drunk fans screaming at the top of their lungs at a volume loud enough to register on the Richter scale.
so what we have people who live in trees.

TigerBait45
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
We have trees that live in people.

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM

I wouldn't be proud of that.

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Yea, they should probably get that checked out.

soybean
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM

who don't shave their legs or wash their feet. [shudders]

elway777
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM

Cal wins, can you imagine 20,000 plus people who haven't bathed for home field advantage?

vatech=accdomination
10-03-2007, 07:20 AM
i am surprised WVU isnt up there, that was my least favorite place to goto