PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

bigbluedefense
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Can we officially pencil him in as a bust and stop making excuses for him? Yesterday's David Carr was the same David Carr I saw in Houston. A guy who can't make reads, holds the ball too long, and makes poor decisions and checks down too often.

And he doesn't have that "i wasn't protected" line to fall back on either. Im sure Houston's lack of offensive line talent had effected his development over the years, but his lack of production the past 2 years was more his fault than anything else.

10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
i agree and the excuses are done with and he will never be the QB Houston believed he would be when they selected him with the top pick..julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform

skinzzfan25
10-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't argue it.

He had the potential to be something, but being stuck in Houston on a developing team screwed both parties over.

Shiver
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform

Julius Peppers couldn't play in a 3-4, that's why they passed on him.

mqtirishfan
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
julius peppers sure would have looked good in a texans uniform

And yet, people complained when they took a prospect that had the same kind of potential last year.

ks_perfection
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Absolutly, I don't think its possible to argue it anyother way.

Twiddler
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
And yet, people complained when they took a prospect that had the same kind of potential last year.

They complained because they took him over Reggie Bush, who was considered a god at that point in time last year.

And yes, Carr is pretty much toast at this time.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I like to think that we should afford Carr at least a couple more games before writing him off completely, but he looked terrible yesterday.

Moses
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Julius Peppers couldn't play in a 3-4, that's why they passed on him.

He has the ability to play standing up in that scheme.

ShutDwn
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
He has the ability to play standing up in that scheme.

He would be just like Jason Taylor.

As for Carr, I refuse to believe that Tampa had perfect coverage on every play. The way he was looking at the field it was like we never sent everyone out there. Checks down way too much and holds it forever ending in sacks, and also holding calls.

D-Unit
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Joey Harrington > David Carr? ha ha

D-Unit
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I still find it terribly funny that instead of drafting Vince Young, they decided to extend Carr and give him that ridiculous guaranteed money.

Stupidest thing I can remember a team doing. Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders over Calvin Johnson comes close, but it's a distant second.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
David Carr sucks... I watched him play yesterday and he was terrible, as bad as drew weathersuck

LonghornsLegend
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Well Joey did look horrible to start the year, and the past 2 games he looks great, so who knows...id like to give him 4 starts this year to judge

10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I still find it terribly funny that instead of drafting Vince Young, they decided to extend Carr and give him that ridiculous guaranteed money.

Stupidest thing I can remember a team doing. Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders over Calvin Johnson comes close, but it's a distant second.

wait a minute i dont think the raiders regret makin that move one bit...j-rocs a stud and in the long run calvin wouldnt have helped us out nearly as much

Geo
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Confirmed, he sucks and was a waste of millions.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with Alex Smith, truth be told. I hate this idea that you take a (shaky) quarterback prospect for the sake of taking a quarterback because you have the first overall pick. Take the best player available to help your team the most, else you potentially stunt your team for years.

I wonder if it there's any chance of Carr being broken down and built back up again. Not in Carolina of course, they don't have anywhere near the coaching. Mike Holmgren is probably his best chance of that happening.

NIN1984
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Agreed he is a bust, has been for a long time. I didn't understand why so many Raider fans wanted him.

no love
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM

And I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with Alex Smith, truth be told. I hate this idea that you take a (shaky) quarterback prospect for the sake of taking a quarterback because you have the first overall pick. Take the best player available to help your team the most, else you potentially stunt your team for years.

I wonder if it there's any chance of Carr being broken down and built back up again. Not in Carolina of course, they don't have anywhere near the coaching. Mike Holmgren is probably his best chance of that happening.

Except that the current Niner team is not really built around the QB. It's built around a strong running game and a tough defense, ala the Ravens. We just are not being successful bc the running game hasn't gotten off the ground.

Alex is the kind of QB who will not throw the boneheaded int, will pick up a 1st down or two with his legs, and will hit the occasional wr deep to jump start the offense. Our coaches never let him take chances (let alone get in a rhythm). I don't think he will bust, bc our coaches will never let him be terrible.

Shiver
10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I never was crazy about Alex Smith. I always thought he was taken that high because of the position he played, not based on how good of a prospect he was. I am convinced the '06 top three were all better than he was.

Windy
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders over Calvin Johnson comes close, but it's a distant second.

yea why not have over 100 million in total salary for 3 wr's. what were they thinking lol.

ShutDwn
10-01-2007, 07:09 PM

I know what you mean, but to defend the new coordinator, Jake has looked a lot lot better his year compared to last. Never last year did he look as good as he has. I'm not talking about stats or winning, just doing his job and running the offense.

Carr though is probably to far gone, so I agree. I also feel it is a waste of time.

Also, David Carr can't throw a ball with any projection, they are all low and easily batted down.

Geo
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
I never was crazy about Alex Smith. I always thought he was taken that high because of the position he played, not based on how good of a prospect he was. I am convinced the '06 top three were all better than he was.
I thought at the time that the 49ers should have taken Braylon Edwards, he was the BPA for me and the weapon they needed at wide receiver for the young quarterback they would get thereafter (ala Irvin before Aikman, Harrison before Manning, Johnson and Housh before Palmer, for example). I'm more convinced of that now.

Alex is the kind of QB who will not throw the boneheaded int, will pick up a 1st down or two with his legs, and will hit the occasional wr deep to jump start the offense. Our coaches never let him take chances (let alone get in a rhythm). I don't think he will bust, bc our coaches will never let him be terrible.
Problem is, is that what you draft for with the first overall pick? For $30M guaranteed? I guess you have to wonder and watch.

lod01
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Over 3 years ago I penciled this turd in as a bust. I heard all the lame excuses. Coaches, OL, no play making WR's, no running game to help him. Never was it his fault. Well, it was. All you had to do is watch him pull the ball down and haul ass towards the sidelines without looking downfield to realize he is pure garbage and a total waste of $ and a roster spot.

He could finish off Carolina's shot at doing anything this year.

lod01
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Agreed he is a bust, has been for a long time. I didn't understand why so many Raider fans wanted him.

They never saw him play. That's the most likely reason. All they heard was the talking heads on tv saying it was the OL. Well the OL is protecting a real NFL caliber QB in Schaub.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/09/26/22/635-DaveCarr.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG

Gloves.

'nuff said.

Twiddler
10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/09/26/22/635-DaveCarr.standalone.prod_affiliate.57.JPG

Gloves.

'nuff said.

Did he actually wear those for when he was playing in the game? I thought they were only for the sideline. Wow....

10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Did he actually wear those for when he was playing in the game? I thought they were only for the sideline. Wow....

I thought so too, but it turned out he does use them in the game. Must enjoy looking like a *****.

yourfavestoner
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I told everybody all this a long time ago...

BlindSite
10-02-2007, 02:24 AM
It appears now that Jake Delhomme who's been having a career year (top three in passer rating, 64% completion rating, 8 TDs 1 INT) might be donezo for the season.

d-dave
10-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Everyone should get ready to enjoy Carr and his magical gloves over the next month or so. Jake thinks he can come back without surgury (which is what all of Panther Nation wants), and hopefully its sooner rather than later. But if Jake is out for more than 4-6 weeks, then I would expect him to go on IR.

Another thing to think of with the situation and Carr's starting tenure here, the Panthers' have yet to bring in another vetran QB "just in case" carr gets hurt as well. I think that's a sign that the organization has faith that Delhomme's injury will improve rather than get worse.

I can only hope it does because if Jake can't come back and Carr doesn't get all the rust knocked off (his words), then we can kiss the playoffs good bye.

The Unseen
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
David Carr was good against the Jaguars, and that was about it.

So I guess that means if you want to see him live up to his potential, wait until the Panthers come to Jacksonville later in the season. Oy.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
It appears now that Jake Delhomme who's been having a career year (top three in passer rating, 64% completion rating, 8 TDs 1 INT) might be donezo for the season.

If this is true, DeAngelo Williams will be the Panthers starting QB by the end of the season

neko4
10-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Okay my oppinion now...

His first three years he was unprotected and so he got aids for his last 2 years in his Houston. Get it!

Anyway, his 3rd year he played very well, but i dont think he ever got coaching from Capers and never had a good line to begin with. His last 2 years though, IMO, were the result of what I just said.

BlindSite
10-03-2007, 02:47 AM
He's a very hot and cold guy, some days he can put passes on a dime but other days he'll miss a friggen swimming pool.

He could've been a good NFL QB coming out of college and I honestly believe that but right now I think he needs to go back to a more free game and start running and gunning a bit more.

Hopefully davidson tries a few different things with Bootlegs and roll outs rather than 3-5 step drops.

Shiver
10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
The only problem with that is David Carr is at his worst when he is on a bootleg. If he could have succeeded doing bootlegs then Kubiak wouldn't have gotten rid of him.

Contr0versy
10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Gloves.

'nuff said.And that girly hairstyle.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2007, 04:22 PM
That was a sick jump though.

I love your sig shiver.

Hawk
10-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Gloves.

'nuff said.

"I would totally get in there and knock some heads around if I didn't have these white gloves on. Plus, I wouldn't want to muss my hair." (http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/c053add9-083f-4914-b33e-bb4e27fe16f3.jpg)

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/c053add9-083f-4914-b33e-bb4e27fe16f3.jpg

haha he's such a joke

Staubach12
10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I really thought that he wasn't the problem in Houston, but I'm ready to admit that I'm wrong. That's what a man does. I'm tired of hearing "Oh, I knew Reggie Bush wouldn't have much success this early in his career" and "I always knew Carr was no good."

no love
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I thought at the time that the 49ers should have taken Braylon Edwards, he was the BPA for me and the weapon they needed at wide receiver for the young quarterback they would get thereafter (ala Irvin before Aikman, Harrison before Manning, Johnson and Housh before Palmer, for example). I'm more convinced of that now.

Problem is, is that what you draft for with the first overall pick? For $30M guaranteed? I guess you have to wonder and watch.

No you don't draft the 1st overall pick to be a game manager, but thats what this organization has chosen to do in the early smith years so he doesn't have his confidence ruined. I don't think anyone has written Alex Smith off to be a quarterback who can't make plays. This is just their plan to not ruin Smith like so many other 1st round qbs have been ruined.

Whether or not you think Alex Smith is better than the qbs in 06 is really irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that he was a "franchise qb" in the draft where the 49ers needed a franchise qb. The conventional wisdom is that you do not pass on a franchise qb when one is available, there is no way to have known that Vince or Cutler or Leinart would have been available. And what more, what if all three had terrible seasons in 04?

Besides, none of the aforementioned wrs were taken number 1 overall, in fact none of the those wrs were taken in the top 10. But guess what. ALL of those the qbs were taken number 1 overall. I am sure that those teams realized that they needed a quarterback after coming last in the league.

And finally, in reality what you are advocating for is exactly what the niners did, they picked a wr with a 1st round and 3rd round in 04. But we wouldn't be having this conversation if Rashaun Woods had not busted (thanks Terry Donahue)

PoopSandwich
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Defiantmac/k2whitegloves.jpg

K2 is the only one who knows how to wear the white gloves.

Brent
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Defiantmac/k2whitegloves.jpg

K2 is the only one who knows how to wear the white gloves.
correction: Vernon Davis is

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/71843173.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBAAEDA8370EA0687B A40A659CEC4C8CB6

PoopSandwich
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
correction: Vernon Davis is

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/71843173.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBAAEDA8370EA0687B A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Vernon and Kellen ;)

Green Bay Scat
10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
but vernon has thoses gray stick to the bottom of his gloves, as does K2(Id guess) but carr's are ALL white

CC.SD
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I thought at the time that the 49ers should have taken Braylon Edwards, he was the BPA for me and the weapon they needed at wide receiver for the young quarterback they would get thereafter (ala Irvin before Aikman, Harrison before Manning, Johnson and Housh before Palmer, for example).

Don't forget Warrick!

yourfavestoner
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
I really thought that he wasn't the problem in Houston, but I'm ready to admit that I'm wrong. That's what a man does. I'm tired of hearing "Oh, I knew Reggie Bush wouldn't have much success this early in his career" and "I always knew Carr was no good."

I'll gladly keep saying those things, though, because I was adamant about both of those issues and caught a lot of flak for it on this board.

10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll gladly keep saying those things, though, because I was adamant about both of those issues and caught a lot of flak for it on this board.

I also was VERY vocal in my lack of love of Bush as a prospect, and after last season, I knew Carr was doomed(although going into last season, I expected him to break out).

Flyboy
10-05-2007, 09:14 PM
With all that said, he'll probably have a career day against the Saints. Yay.

Shiver
10-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Yeah, this isn't a case of supreme hindsight. There has been a vocal minority that has been a while for quite some time. This small group that didn't buy into the Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers hype, and the David Carr could be an all-pro with a good line nonsense.

P-L
10-05-2007, 10:09 PM
The "David Carr sucks" bandwagon actually wasn't very small. There have been quite a few posters who've felt that Carr was the problem in Houston.

LonghornsLegend
10-05-2007, 10:29 PM
LMAO@Carr looking like a **** with those gloves and hairstyle lol

BlindSite
10-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah, this isn't a case of supreme hindsight. There has been a vocal minority that has been a while for quite some time. This small group that didn't buy into the Reggie Bush is the next Gale Sayers hype, and the David Carr could be an all-pro with a good line nonsense.

I recall people saying we needed to wait and see what he could do with a decent line and that he wasn't the ONLY problem with houston, I don't recall anyone saying he was going to be an All-Pro.

lod01
11-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Let's fire up that Carr bandwagon. 7 sacks. Seems the Carolina OL is worse than the Houston OL.

umphrey
11-05-2007, 12:31 AM
That game was unbelievably bad for Carr. He's the worst starting QB in the league right now, just beating out Tarvaris Jackson.

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:32 AM
That game was unbelievably bad for Carr. He's the worst starting QB in the league right now, just beating out Tarvaris Jackson.

It's weird how many bad QBs manage to keep their jobs.

BlindSite
11-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Watching Alex Smith play I see a guy with a lot of promise, he's still very young for a QB and I'd personally like to see him out of San Fran, or at least protected better.

Shiver
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Albert Haynesworth on David Carr, "He held the ball a real long time so it gave us a chance to get there. I appreciate him holding the ball so long to help us out"

Moses
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Albert Haynesworth on David Carr, "He held the ball a real long time so it gave us a chance to get there. I appreciate him holding the ball so long to help us out"

Haynesworth is awesome. He's got a quiet confidence to him. One of my favourite players this year and far and away the best DT in the league thus far.

Geo
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Holy smokes, that's hilarious. Sig qoute worthy imo. Please stop stomping people's heads and continue making cracks like this, Haynesworth.

But seriously, Carr is abysmal. He's as useful as Quincy Carter, I'll be surprised if the Panthers don't cut ties as soon as possible once the season ends, they have no faith in him nor should they.

lod01
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
It's weird how many bad QBs manage to keep their jobs.

QB play has continually gotten worse over the years. There are the handful of great ones and some serviceable QB and then there is trash like Garrabage, Carr, Losman, Campbell, T. Jackson, Young, A. Smith. Mcnair even fits that now. He's horrid. Russell will join in. It's pretty easy to see if a guy has it at the combines and workouts yet hacks that put up numbers in college still get the call in the 1st rd.

I would list Cleo the Lemon as trash but I am dumbfounded as to why he is even on an NFL roster and the phins have show total ineptitude since Cam arrived. It's not the Lemon's fault that coaching staff is so stupid.

soybean
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
they should have drafted joey harrington.

yourfavestoner
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I used to ask "What's the difference between Carr and Harrington" all the time on these boards. They're both Tedford products who can't read defenses, hold onto the ball too long, and just resort to the checkdown. The only difference is that Detroit actively tried surrounding Harrington with offensive talent, something Houston never really did (other than drafting AJ).

Moses
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I used to ask "What's the difference between Carr and Harrington" all the time on these boards. They're both Tedford products who can't read defenses, hold onto the ball too long, and just resort to the checkdown. The only difference is that Detroit actively tried surrounding Harrington with offensive talent, something Houston never really did (other than drafting AJ).

Tedford never coached David Carr, at least not to my knowledge. Tedford wasn't coaching at Fresno when Carr was there.

Flyboy
11-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Okay, wow. Lawl for real. Just... hilarious. It ranks up there with my sig-quote.

energizerbunny
11-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I was a big fan on Carr's as a draft prospect and as well early on with the Texans. But at this point I can honestly say he is a bust, the guy has no ability to read a defense what-so-ever. Chalk him up as another guy with a rocket-cannon-arm but with nothing between the ears to actually utilize it.

Addict
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Dear NFL and Carolina Panthers franchise,

Please fire John Fox and make Jim Mora your head coach. Just imagining his rants about Carr make me smile. I'm sure mr. Fox can find employment elsewhere, but please league and panthers franchise, I beg you please!

sincerely,

Addict.

Brodeur
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM

Actually one of Joey's strengths is that he gets rid of the ball quickly to avoid sacks. That's why his sack totals weren't astronomical behind some atrocious O-Lines in Detroit.

angelsdontkill
11-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Carr was absolutely horrible this week He's been awful since he's started, though. I'm ashamed I've ever defended him in the past. I hope Testaverde gets better soon. Hell, ANYONE but Carr should be starting. His throws were either WAY overthrown, or just right into triple coverage. It was like he just threw it up without thinking at all.

He's a damn sexy man though. I'll give him that.

yo123
11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
QB play has continually gotten worse over the years. There are the handful of great ones and some serviceable QB and then there is trash like Garrabage, Carr, Losman, Campbell, T. Jackson, Young, A. Smith. Mcnair even fits that now. He's horrid. Russell will join in. It's pretty easy to see if a guy has it at the combines and workouts yet hacks that put up numbers in college still get the call in the 1st rd.

I would list Cleo the Lemon as trash but I am dumbfounded as to why he is even on an NFL roster and the phins have show total ineptitude since Cam arrived. It's not the Lemon's fault that coaching staff is so stupid.

You seriously think Garrard, Losman, and Campbell are trash?

Man_Of_Steel
11-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Im officially giving up on Carr. His boyish good looks will no longer makeup for his poor play.

Geo
11-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Has there ever been an answer given by Rob Johnson v2.0 as to why he wears those gloves?

BlindSite
11-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Dear NFL and Carolina Panthers franchise,

Please fire John Fox and make Jim Mora your head coach. Just imagining his rants about Carr make me smile. I'm sure mr. Fox can find employment elsewhere, but please league and panthers franchise, I beg you please!

sincerely,

Addict.

Please fire mike Trgovac and every receiver other than steve smith.

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 03:23 AM
Tedford never coached David Carr, at least not to my knowledge. Tedford wasn't coaching at Fresno when Carr was there.

Tedford has been integral in the development of six NFL First-Round Draft picks, including Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tedford_jeff00.html

elcapitan
11-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Watching Alex Smith play I see a guy with a lot of promise, he's still very young for a QB and I'd personally like to see him out of San Fran, or at least protected better.

I'd like to see him out of San Fran too. Unfortunately, York has so much money invested in him he'll probably get a full 5 years before he gets the boot.

What sticks out to me when I watch him every week is how jittery he is and eager he seems to run out of the pocket instead of stepping up and releasing the ball. I think until he actually calms down (or gets some protection) his accuracy will continue to suffer.

Moses
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Tedford has been integral in the development of six NFL First-Round Draft picks, including Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tedford_jeff00.html

Carr played in Fresno when Tedford was coaching in Oregon. Seems like a mistake to me.

marks01234
11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
You seriously think Garrard, Losman, and Campbell are trash?

I agree.

While neither is a top QB or anywhere close to one, they don't lose games for their teams.

Those three would be a considerable improvement over a lot of leagues starters (Carr included).

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Carr played in Fresno when Tedford was coaching in Oregon. Seems like a mistake to me.

He coached at Fresno from 92-97.

Carr compares Calhoun's expertise to that of his college coach, Jeff Tedford. "The first time I met him, I went home with a headache," Carr says. "We come for the 6:30 a.m. meetings. He says, 'Good morning, how ya doing,' then we're into it. You better have your caffeine because he's firing questions from the minute you get in there 'til the minute you leave. I can't say the same thing about other coaches I've had."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-07-12-nfl-report_x.htm

Moses
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
He coached at Fresno from 92-97.

Carr compares Calhoun's expertise to that of his college coach, Jeff Tedford. "The first time I met him, I went home with a headache," Carr says. "We come for the 6:30 a.m. meetings. He says, 'Good morning, how ya doing,' then we're into it. You better have your caffeine because he's firing questions from the minute you get in there 'til the minute you leave. I can't say the same thing about other coaches I've had."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-07-12-nfl-report_x.htm

Carr didn't arrive in Fresno until 1999. Confusing to say the least.

yourfavestoner
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Carr didn't arrive in Fresno until 1999. Confusing to say the least.

Yeah, that's a really odd discrepancy.

Every site I've found has said that Tedford is a former coach of Carr, though. This one says it was only for one season.

http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~ltfang/comments/sports/fiat_lux.htm (http://www.chem.ucla.edu/%7Eltfang/comments/sports/fiat_lux.htm)

And this one talks about how he and Joey still go back to visit Tedford:

On similarities between Lions QB Joey Harrington and himself ... “We were coached by the same guy for a couple of years. Jeff Tedford, obviously. That’s the first thing that comes to mind because I still spend some time with him and obviously Joey does. Other than that, we’re both from the west coast. We played on some good teams in college. It is kind of impressive that we’re both from the west coast and came out one and three. That’s pretty good. And we’re both still with a young team trying to go do some good things. It’s kind of exciting”
http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=354768