PDA

View Full Version : Best eligible free safeties

foozball
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
who are the top free safeties who are eligible this year? count reggie smith as a free safety because im curious about him.

Finsfan79
10-02-2007, 07:15 AM
kenny phillips can play anywhere in the secondary and is the best I think

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 08:40 AM
I want Reggie Smith in Philly.

I think outside of Phillips and Smith...its weak. I'm not sold on Hefney..and their isn't much behind him. Courtney Greene probably is coming back, so that doesn't help this draft..

foozball
10-02-2007, 10:22 AM
how about quintin demps? where does he go?

Pit Bull #53
10-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Hefney played out of his mind last year, but he looks like garbage this year.

He looks lost in coverage, has taken bad angles to the ball and to ballcarriers, and has forgotten how to tackle. He just puts his head down and lunges at people with his shoulders now. He also looks terrible on punt returns, something he was good at last year. Big disappointment

jbeans187
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Hefney played out of his mind last year, but he looks like garbage this year.

He looks lost in coverage, has taken bad angles to the ball and to ballcarriers, and has forgotten how to tackle. He just puts his head down and lunges at people with his shoulders now. He also looks terrible on punt returns, something he was good at last year. Big disappointment

A freshman was starting over hefney, i think it was only one game to wake him up

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Um, I'm pretty sure that Hefney has started every game this year. And if he didn't, it'd be because of injury. Hefney may not be playing to his potential, but compared to the other guys on defense, he's up to par. And there's no way any of Tennessee's backup Safeties are beating Hef out of his starting role.

P-L
10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Kenny Phillips is the best safety out there, but I think he's more suited for SS in the NFL. Reggie Smith is probably the next best guy. However, my personal opinion is that if a guy can play FS and CB almost equally well, you want him at CB. Oklahoma also has two other guys that could be great FS. Darien Williams is arguably the top Senior FS available and he doesn't even start, because Junior Nic Harris is better.

Mr. Stiller
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Simeon Castille might be looked to as the top "FS-Capable" Senior DB in this draft.

keylime_5
10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Anderson Russell is eligible, and probably a late first/early second type guy, but there's 0% chance he declares, he's only a redshirt sophomore. Maybe in the 2009 draft, but I don't see any way he declares unless he has like 10 INTs from here on out.

Jonny
10-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Agreed on Castille.

Greene isn't really a FS. The safeties are flipped in RU's scheme. He could come out, especially with the weak safety class.