PDA

View Full Version : Javorskie Lane

Buttered toast sonic
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
the big big BIG guy outta A+M, surprised he's getting no love, guy is humongous at 6ft 270, can he even play RB at the next level?

fenikz
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
No, he is a FB, is he really up to 270 now?

he will probably need to lose 35 pounds or so as well.

darnik44two
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
More and more teams are looking for guys strictly as short yardage backs and goaline backs. I'd love him on my team. I'm giving him some love.

from my top 125 prospects rankings...(early 4th)

#103 Javorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M

10-01-2007, 10:30 PM
now thats jerome bettis rite there. i heard hes got great foot quickness just like him.

swagger
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
He sure tapped out against the Canes.

darnik44two
10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
now thats jerome bettis rite there. i heard hes got great foot quickness just like him.

Well, he has great feet for a guy his size, but he's much more of a bull than Bettis ever was. In his prime, bettis made people miss. I don't see Lane as a feature back in the NFL. I also wouldn't rule out a position change because of his physical attributes. He would be a little short (6-0) and would have to gain 15 pounds or so, but I wonder how he would fare at either center or guard. Possibly DL? Any case, a position change would be a bit of a stretch because of the learning curve that would be required.

10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, he has great feet for a guy his size, but he's much more of a bull than Bettis ever was. In his prime, bettis made people miss. I don't see Lane as a feature back in the NFL. I also wouldn't rule out a position change because of his physical attributes. He would be a little short (6-0) and would have to gain 15 pounds or so, but I wonder how he would fare at either center or guard. Possibly DL? Any case, a position change would be a bit of a stretch because of the learning curve that would be required.

yea at this stage in his devlelopment i dont think he could make that transition

P-L
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM
He sure tapped out against the Canes.

Yeah, it was his fault that Franchione only gave him two carries.

draftguru151
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM

I'd blame McGee for being a ball hog.

10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
do u understand how valuable someone like lane could be for a few NFL teams out there

Big_Pete
10-02-2007, 12:05 AM
imagine if the Giants drafted Lane as a FB to be the lead blocker for Brandon Jacobs...

Ward
10-02-2007, 12:07 AM
I want a backfield with Lane and either Wolfe or Sproles.

big daddy russ
10-02-2007, 01:17 AM
I've watched him for the past three years. My fiance graduated from A&M last year, and I was at 90% of his home games. This is what I can tell you about him:

No matter what anyone says about him, he has quick feet. I've seen a bunch of people online saying he needs to work on his footwork. That's just stereotyping the kid because of his weight.

Great burst, great vision, good speed, good top end, runs low, great downhill runner, amazing at breaking tackles (even when they get low) an keeping his feet moving, and he has better hands than most WR's. He may have the best hands of any college RB in America.

Where he suffers is his lateral quickness. He can't put a foot down and change direction the same way guys like Mike Goodson and Jonathan Stewart can, and it only gets worse the more weight he adds. That'll hurt him when he makes it to the show.

Doesn't mean he can't change direction. He's good at changing direction mid-stride, he's just not a stop-and-go-type of back. Also, he's not as good a blocker as you might think, so FB probably wouldn't be best-suited to his abilities unless you're looking at a two-back system where they both carry the load.

So anyways, that's the type of runner you're looking at. I know everybody pigeonholes him as a short-yardage back, but he averaged 4.4 yards per carry last year even though he was the primary back in the red zone and short yardage situations (was third in the nation with 19 TD runs). The year before, he averaged 5.0 ypc, so he's not just three yards and a cloud of dust.

Anyways, I don't know whether or not he'll be the next Bus, but he's an amazing athlete, I do know that.

swagger
10-02-2007, 01:23 AM
I agree, and I don't think Franchione is a very good coach. But he seemed to clock out mentally after he realized he wasn't going to get the ball, and then was just going through the motions after that.

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM
I'd love to see him in midnight green...Lane and Westbrook, oy. :)

D-Fence
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I agree, and I don't think Franchione is a very good coach. But he seemed to clock out mentally after he realized he wasn't going to get the ball, and then was just going through the motions after that.

Fran is a complete moron. He went down to Miami and tried to out-speed and out-athlete one of the faster defenses in the country...Fran kept calling options and sweep plays to the outside, and McGee got lit up a couple of times and started playing like a deer in headlights everytime he had to roll out of the pocket...I haven't seen Stephen McGee that rattled in his career. You'd have thought Fran would realize options and sweeps weren't working, and at least tried to run Javorskie down the throat of that defense, but he's an idiot...

As for Lane, I think most everything has already been noted. He's got VERY quick feet and moves around really well for a guy his size. He's going to have to drop 30-35 lbs regardless of what position he plays in the NFL. Guys like Brandon Jacobs are every bit as heavy, but Lane is just flat-out fat. He runs as hard downhill as anyone in the country...Definately a guy that could be a short-yardage, goal option early on, and depending on how he handles his weight, could be a good two-back system option...

vatech=accdomination
10-02-2007, 12:49 PM
he needs to lose some weight.