PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Eagles own the NFC East
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
What do you think the Eagles need to work on in order to make the playoffs if there is a still a chance which there is IMO even though we have been god awful.

1. Reggie Brown needs to step up his game, he isn't doing anything out there, and Curtis just had one good game.

2. The line what has been up with them? Thats a mystery to me.

3. McNabb isnt looking comfortable in the pocket.

brat316
10-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Hmmmm, when Offseason comes lets spend some money....

We need to get a explosive player from the draft taht can pretty much do it all, i like Deshawn jackson.

I thought Brown would explode this year since he looked to have a good year last year. Maybe we should have held of on giving him the contract.

On the D side, cut Kearse, he might now be as good as Mcdougle. Just put Ambrini in let him get some reps and let him learn more.

McNabb, needs to rest and get his body back to full. When he was scrambling why did he look so slow really slow. It also looks like he is playing conservative like he doesn't want to do anything to risky or get hit in the wrong place.

The O-line, i thought that was something Reid always made sure was good. The one year we drafted mostly O and D linemen. Justice did look a little slow comming of the snap, he got beat outside easily, maybe he is more of an inside player.

When we draft lets get some tall Secondary players, LBs look decent, the DT dont know to much about them. All i know is where is the pressure at.

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Biggest problems:

WR...Curtis is a good player, but not really a go-to guy. Reggie Brown absolutely sucks, and they really need to think about shopping him around. They need size and speed come draft time, no more frail 6'0 180 lb WR's.

OT...Winston Justice is a bust. The guy can not block anything, he's proved this in pre-season and it became obvious in the Giants game. They need help here, but can't really afford to spend another high pick at this position.

SECONDARY...They have played well this year, but the depth is hurting them. William James gets beat way too often..and they have nothing at safety if someone goes down. Someone who is versatile (REGGIE SMITH, PLEASE!) would fit perfectly. Dawkins is also getting up their in age, so the fact that Reggie can play safety..just makes this a no brainer.

SPECIAL TEAMS...Um, please get a returner. Watching Reno Mahe return punts makes me sick. They need to dedicate a draft pick, even if it is a day 1 pick, to getting a proven return man.

Eagles own the NFC East
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
i agree with all of the above. yes Desean Jackson would be the thing we would need. and yeah about Reggie Brown I thought he would breakout, but he is sucking with a big contract.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
How much time ya got?

QB- McNabb's on his last leg IMO. I know Justice was a revolving door, but McNabb had lots of field in front of him and refused, steadfastly REFUSED to tuck the ball and run. I'm not asking for Mike Vick here, just a couple yards when no one is there.

RB- None. Well, maybe a magic healer for Westbrook and a 6 inches to add to his height.

FB- Someone who isn't the size of essentially a big RB. I want Ritchie back.

WR- Brown to step up. Where has he been? Curtis is brutal, the Disappearing Man. Avant's been good, with limited opportunities. Baskett needs to see the field. We need that one guy ala old school T.O. Ask the Pats if they regret trading a 4 for Randy Moss.

TE- We need LJ to go. He's essentially an uber slow receiver. No blocking ability. Let's poach Shockey from the Giants. Celek looks respectable for a 2 though.

OL- Breathe, Winston will be fine when he takes over for BJR at RT. A legit LT would be nice though for when Thomas leaves. The interior line is fine.

DE- Peace, Jevon and Darren. Get those two clowns out of here. Abimiari is very good and needs experience, and TCole, Abiamiri, Thomas and maybe another DE would look nice.

DT- Bunkley's been the Eagles DPOY so far IMO. He looks damn good. We could use another guy like him and use Patterson as more of a pass rusher. Reagor? Where the **** are you?

LB- Omar Gaither, you rule. Takeo Spikes, meh, ok. Gocong's looked better than I expected. But drafting a OLB to replace Spikes (maybe that's what Bradley is for, I don't know) would be good. I want a real OLB too. Depending on who's the BPA at LB, grab a MLB and slide Gaither outside.

CB- Lito, get your ass on this field. Sheldon's been very good this year, but Will James is putrid. Horrendous. I can't stand it. We need a guy to play some nickel right now and start when the Eagles inevitably push Lito out.

S- Dawk looked decent when he was playing, hopefully he comes back soon. Considine, thanks for cooking my crow for me. He's been very good so far, and I think he's gonna be good at FS when BD leaves. Leaves us searching for a SS.

P- Either a 70 yard bomb or a 22 yard squiggler. Flip a coin, and Sav will deliver the result.

K- Akers is missing something. Maybe it's just old age. May be time to address this.

Return man- Brian Mitchell, you need a job? Get someone back there who I actually think will break one. cough cough DeSean Jackson cough cough

Basically, it's time for the Eagles to realize their philosophy isn't working anymore. 60/40 pass/run ratio doesn't cut it when you've got LT-lite in the backfield. Run the ball! On 3rd and 2, bring in Tony Hunt for God's sake! Have him barrel into the LOS instead of going 5 wide and having them run 1 yard curls. Defense has been good, bend but don't break, but we need more TOs. Please, start running the ball. Man, with that line Buckhalter ran for 100+ on 17 carries without blowing an ACL! Ridiculous! Maybe it's time for a coaching change, I don't know.

camp_eagles
10-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I was never one to really think the eagles needed a "big time" receiver but this year is making me change my mind. Right now all i want is a receiver that will strike fear into a defence. And better depth in the secondary.

eaglesfan_45
06-25-2008, 03:50 AM
#1 WR- Reggie Brown isn't going to cut it, the Eagles need to get someone somehow, and if they do, the offense will (thats a garuntee) be lethal. The Eagles should make a run at Marques Colston, He is a good fit in the WCO.

LT- If William Thomas goes down, the Eagles are done, no real depth at LT and no real replacement for William Thomas for when he retires.

LB Depth- There is no solid back-up at MLB or SLB.

SS- Mikell isn't a long term solution and Considine and Reed are injury prone.

eaglesalltheway
06-25-2008, 06:23 AM
#1 WR- Reggie Brown isn't going to cut it, the Eagles need to get someone somehow, and if they do, the offense will (thats a garuntee) be lethal. The Eagles should make a run at Marques Colston, He is a good fit in the WCO.

LT- If William Thomas goes down, the Eagles are done, no real depth at LT and no real replacement for William Thomas for when he retires.

LB Depth- There is no solid back-up at MLB or SLB.

SS- Mikell isn't a long term solution and Considine and Reed are injury prone.

I like what you've been doing as of late EF 45, but I want to know where you really stand on our LT situation. For the last two months, you've been saying that Andrews is 100% goonna get a shot at replacing Thomas, now you're saying that there is no replacement for him when he retires. Which is it? You gotta make up your mind, because flip-flopping doensn't do much for your credibility, no matter even if this is an internet forum. I agree we do need help at WR, OT and S for sure. But I would like to point this out. Boiman is our backup SAM if I remember correctly, either way, that is two backup LB spots that are not "solid" by your standards. But here is the point I'm about to make about the LBs. They are young and unproven. For all we know they are solid, or even capable of being starters, the problem is, they too could be horrible. What I'm trying to say is, we can't get a good opinion of them yet, because we haven't seen enough of them to know for sure how well they could play lB in this system. I do however think that the MLB spot is really the only one with the biggest question mark, as Joe Mays and Poga Tagufu (sp) have been around for the least amount of time. Boiman has started and done well, and Ahkeem Jordan looks solid whenever he is on the field.

eaglesfan_45
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I am convinced that Shawn Andrews will play RT in the future. I think its possible that he plays LT but, he would be a dominant RT.

Boiman is not completely healthy, he is still recovering from a previous injury and that means he is damaged goods, and that isn't a good thing when your trying to make a team.

brat316
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Our system doesn't require great LBs. Thats what they said last year, it requires pressure from the front 4 and coverage from the secondary. Our great players have to be on the line and in the secondary.

Our Lbs just need to do their job in order to thrive in the Eagles system, cover and blitz well when asked to.

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Our system doesn't require great LBs. Thats what they said last year, it requires pressure from the front 4 and coverage from the secondary. Our great players have to be on the line and in the secondary.

Our Lbs just need to do their job in order to thrive in the Eagles system, cover and blitz well when asked to.

True, but can you imagine what our defense would be like with the LBs as a bonus? "Championship!"

Sniper
06-26-2008, 09:29 AM
True, but can you imagine what our offense would be like with the WRs as a bonus? "Championship!"

Fixed that for you.

Eaglez.Fan
06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I am convinced that Shawn Andrews will play RT in the future. I think its possible that he plays LT but, he would be a dominant RT.

But he dominates at RG. And in some cases RG is just as important as RT so whats the use. IF he moves anywhere it will be to LT. For Andrews it's either RG or LT. No doubt IMO.

brat316
06-26-2008, 10:38 AM
But he dominates at RG. And in some cases RG is just as important as RT so whats the use. IF he moves anywhere it will be to LT. For Andrews it's either RG or LT. No doubt IMO.

thats Ludicruis going from playing on the right side to the left is another ball game. IF he moves to tackle it would be RT

Sniper
06-26-2008, 11:39 AM
thats Ludicruis going from playing on the right side to the left is another ball game. IF he moves to tackle it would be RT

Sweet Jesus my eyes are bleeding after reading that. L-u-d-i-c-r-o-u-s.

But yeah, you're right about the RT dea.

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Fixed that for you.

Could you imagine if we had the LBs and the WRs? "Dynasty!"

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess I am the only one who thinks Andrews stays at RG...

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Sweet Jesus my eyes are bleeding after reading that. L-u-d-i-c-r-o-u-s.

But yeah, you're right about the RT dea.

I love your replies to bad spelling, but this one really killed me. +rep

Sniper
06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I love your replies to bad spelling, but this one really killed me. +rep

Thanks haha. Piss poor spelling just does it for me, I suppose.

I guess I am the only one who thinks Andrews stays at RG...

Depends on the situation. A RT is more valuable, in my opinion, than a RG.

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Depends on the situation. A RT is more valuable, in my opinion, than a RG.

In our offense, that may not be the case. (Key word being may) At this point Andrews would be the last O-linemen I would want to lose, so therefore, making RG our most valuable O'line position. Yes I realize this isn't how I should look at it. But in terms of pure value, RG is the most valuable at this point. Yes I would rather have soemeone as good as Andrews at RT or LT. But we know that he is a top 3 OG in this league, we don't know how good he would be at RT or LT. I'd rather have a top 3 RG than a top 8-12 RT(An optimistic presumption of where he would be if he made that switch) or a top 10-15 LT (also an assumption of where he would be if he played LT) Yes we do have a great option at either tackle, but we lose more from the spot that he vacated than what we would gain moving him to either position. Though my original statement had nothing to do with value, I'm gald you brought it up. I was originally just trying to say that I think he stays at RG. To clear things up, Either Tackle is more valuable than a RG if they are of equal talent, playing ability, whatever, but right now, Andrews is the most valuable O-linemen on this team, and moving him to another position would really mess a lot of theings up, IMO.

cunningham06
06-27-2008, 01:34 AM

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/HarryPotterL_468x456.jpg

Ludicruis!

eaglesfan_45
06-27-2008, 01:46 AM
^^^
wtf? (10)

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2008, 06:15 AM
I've never read or watched Harry Potter, but my assumption with cunningham's post is that Harry Potter says "ludicrous" a lot.

cunningham06
06-27-2008, 10:33 AM
haha no it just sounds like one of those lame spell words HP would bust out.

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2008, 10:59 AM
OK, I wasn't sure, as I've never seen the movies or read the books.

eaglesfan_45
06-27-2008, 10:54 PM
My Problem Jim Johnson is 68. How much longer until he retires?

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't know, i just hope that he either goes at elast on or two years before or after Reid, because that would be two very big holes to fill. I have no idea when AR leaves, but as long as those two aren't within two years of eachother as their deperture, that would be a lot easier to handle for the Eagles.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't know, i just hope that he either goes at elast on or two years before or after Reid, because that would be two very big holes to fill. I have no idea when AR leaves, but as long as those two aren't within two years of eachother as their deperture, that would be a lot easier to handle for the Eagles.

I think the Eagles have set them selves up nicely for a defensive transistion, they can play any defensive formation, they can play Cover-2 well, they can play 3-4 well or they can just continue to play a 4-3.

Also on replacing the head-coach, the ownership would be smart to hire a coach that runs the WCO, Andy Reid is building an offense that could be lethal in the future.

Lorenzo Booker is ideal at RB for the WCO.
DeSean Jackson can play Flanker or Slot greatly.
Kevin Kolb is a great fit for the WCO.
The O-Line is set at every posistion except LT and that will be adressed in the draft.
TE's for a WCO are easy to find.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Another Problem, Kevin Curtis will be 30 years old on July 17.

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I think the Eagles have set them selves up nicely for a defensive transistion, they can play any defensive formation, they can play Cover-2 well, they can play 3-4 well or they can just continue to play a 4-3.

Also on replacing the head-coach, the ownership would be smart to hire a coach that runs the WCO, Andy Reid is building an offense that could be lethal in the future.

Lorenzo Booker is ideal at RB for the WCO.
DeSean Jackson can play Flanker or Slot greatly.
Kevin Kolb is a great fit for the WCO.
The O-Line is set at every posistion except LT and that will be adressed in the draft.
TE's for a WCO are easy to find.

Agreed on a lot there, though I think that if the defnese switches to anything else, it would be some variation of the 3-4 either that or they stay the same, and it woudl have to be after JJ retires and we get a new guy in there. Bunkley is a great fit as a NT, and LAws and Patterson would be perfect DEs for the 3-4, so our line would be set, but there arises another problem. We already have a LB corp that is not very deep, to our knowledge yet anyway. The 3-4 is a system that relies heavily on LBs, and if that is something that isn't a strength now, that would cause dificulties on defnese. But if that transition would occur, I woudl hope the Eagles would be planning for it and have other options at LB right now. One thing I don't like about the 3-4 though is Trent Cole would have a hard time fitting in anywhere. Our LBs would probably look something like this if we ran a 3-4. Gocong would be the SAM, Bradley would be the MIKE, Gaither would be the MACK, and we would probably have to look for a WILL, because Trent Cole just wouldn't work at either OLB in the 3-4, IMO. I agree that the offense is looking like a WCO for the future would be the best way to go, as two young skill position players and a young QB (All of which are promising thus far) are perfect fits for the WCO. Like you said though, LT is a concern and TEs are easy to find. I still think we would need a true, big #1 WR for the offense to really explode.

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Another Problem, Kevin Curtis will be 30 years old on July 17.

That really isn't as big of a problem as you would imagine. Yes he is going to be thiry by the time the season rolls around. But there isn't much wear on his tires, as he spent all of his career before the Eagles in a non-starting role. He hasn't encountered as much contact or wear and tear as most 30 yr old WRs have, and that is in his favor. But there is no doubt that the Eagles are looking for ways to improve the WR position now, and will contintue to, unless Jackson becomes a superstar. But lets not confuse this, he wouldn't be a real big loss anyway. Ouyr offense has gotten by with mediocre receivers, and haven't lost much in terms of production from the WR corp (as a whole) in any season, they have been pretty consistent. I know you guys are gonna bring TO up, but I'm including the whole WR corp, and I haven't looked it up yet, but I would wager a guess that the WR corp as a whole didn't lose much from year to year since he left. We got more production from our 3, 4, and 5 WR in the years he wasn't there. I'm sure there is a dropoff though, don't get me wrong, as injuries played a factor, and lets be honest, TO was a hell of a player, so some dropoff is likely, but I don't think it is anything major. And my point to that was this... Curtis is in no way comparible to TO, and if we can get by losing him, Curtis shouldn't be anything that I would get too worked up about.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Agreed on a lot there, though I think that if the defnese switches to anything else, it would be some variation of the 3-4 either that or they stay the same, and it woudl have to be after JJ retires and we get a new guy in there. Bunkley is a great fit as a NT, and LAws and Patterson would be perfect DEs for the 3-4, so our line would be set, but there arises another problem. We already have a LB corp that is not very deep, to our knowledge yet anyway. The 3-4 is a system that relies heavily on LBs, and if that is something that isn't a strength now, that would cause dificulties on defnese. But if that transition would occur, I woudl hope the Eagles would be planning for it and have other options at LB right now. One thing I don't like about the 3-4 though is Trent Cole would have a hard time fitting in anywhere. Our LBs would probably look something like this if we ran a 3-4. Gocong would be the SAM, Bradley would be the MIKE, Gaither would be the MACK, and we would probably have to look for a WILL, because Trent Cole just wouldn't work at either OLB in the 3-4, IMO. I agree that the offense is looking like a WCO for the future would be the best way to go, as two young skill position players and a young QB (All of which are promising thus far) are perfect fits for the WCO. Like you said though, LT is a concern and TEs are easy to find. I still think we would need a true, big #1 WR for the offense to really explode.

I think that in a 3-4 Trent Cole could end up being a Shawne Merriman type player, they are very similar physically and Trent Cole is great at stopping the run and rushing the passers, his only problem would be pass coverage.

Bunkley can not play NT in a regular 3-4 scheme, he is not big enough. He is only around 280, but he is very strong. He could play NT in a scheme like the one Wade Phillips runs in Dallas.

BBD on who to choose while building a 3-4 defense. (Wilfork or Ngata)
Too simple of a question. What type of 3-4 defense are you referring to?

The Parcells 3-4: Wilfork

Phillips 3-4: Ngata

The Parcells 3-4 is pretty standard up front. You'll see the line shade one way or the other time to time (best example of the BP 3-4 is NE), but still puts heavy emphasis on a 2 gap NT who clogs the inside, and bullrushing strong, smart DEs who can seal the outside to free up pass rushing LBs, and have enough muscle to bullrush their linemen and rush the passer through strength techniques (picture Strahan as a 3-4 End to simplify what im saying).

Thats a gross simplification, so don't take it as that simple.

The Phillips 3-4 requires more penetrating, so a Glenn Dorsey type of DT would actually thrive at End in the scheme, and its honestly, not really a true 3-4 defense. Its a 46 masked in a 3-4 front. Its a 1 gap 3-4, its more like having a 5 man line with 2 4-3 Ends standing up and "zone blitzing"

Also some of the draft picks from our draft are better fits for a 3-4 defense. Joe Mays is a better fit at ILB in a 3-4 defense and Andy Studebaker is a better fit as a 3-4 OLB. Bryan Smith is also a good fit at OLB in a 3-4 Scheme.
Also don't forget that Chris Clemons is a great fit at 3-4 OLB.
Jaqua Parker, Darren Howard (Hes slimmed down) and Victor Abiamiri could play 3-4 OLB, but that is stretching it a bit.
With Lito being expendable, the Eagles could (if they wanted) make a run at a "true" NT (ex. of a true NT- Vince Wilfork or Casey Hampton). Preferably, I would want the Eagles to make a trade with the Cardinals for a NT like Alan Branch or Gabe Watson if they were to pursue a NT.

The offense really needs a #1 WR to explode, you are right about that. I'm praying the Eagles make a move before Training Camp

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven't seen that Bunkley is anywhere near 280. Last I saw he was 295-ish. It isn't all about size, though. He is a two gap NT type DT. He is best suited for playing the position he is at now, a NT in a 4-3, but he can bulk up a tad and be a 3-4 NT. His playing style suits it. Personally, I'm not as ready to think that the 3-4 is going to happen as you are, but if the Eagles would do that, Bunkley is the best choice there. Another thing I don't like about switching to a 3-4 is something you jsut brought up. Basically none of our DEs are compatible to switch out to OLB. Clemons is a possiblity yes, but besides that, there are a whole bunch of DEs that woudl have to be cut or traded or released. What you brought up about the LBs is also true, but we once again run into a problem, none of them are proven. Personally, I don't see a switch to a 3-4 within the next five years, as we have just too much that woudln't work out in a strictly 3-4 defense. I think we will do some 3-4 packages, along with a lot of other defensive variations, but a 3-4 defense is not something I see in the near future.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I haven't seen that Bunkley is anywhere near 280. Last I saw he was 295-ish. It isn't all about size, though. He is a two gap NT type DT. He is best suited for playing the position he is at now, a NT in a 4-3, but he can bulk up a tad and be a 3-4 NT. His playing style suits it. Personally, I'm not as ready to think that the 3-4 is going to happen as you are, but if the Eagles would do that, Bunkley is the best choice there. Another thing I don't like about switching to a 3-4 is something you jsut brought up. Basically none of our DEs are compatible to switch out to OLB. Clemons is a possiblity yes, but besides that, there are a whole bunch of DEs that woudl have to be cut or traded or released. What you brought up about the LBs is also true, but we once again run into a problem, none of them are proven. Personally, I don't see a switch to a 3-4 within the next five years, as we have just too much that woudln't work out in a strictly 3-4 defense. I think we will do some 3-4 packages, along with a lot of other defensive variations, but a 3-4 defense is not something I see in the near future.

lol the football world is moving SLOOOW. Your right though a transistion to a 3-4 probably won't happen.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I haven't seen that Bunkley is anywhere near 280. Last I saw he was 295-ish. It isn't all about size, though. He is a two gap NT type DT. He is best suited for playing the position he is at now, a NT in a 4-3, but he can bulk up a tad and be a 3-4 NT. His playing style suits it.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.nfceast/images/EAGLES-MINI-CAMP-FOOTBALL.jpg
v.s.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/patsgofor4/1168200410_6207.jpg

http://www.readingeagle.com/blog/zeke/bb/bb.jpg
v.s
http://allcanes.com/shop/images/027500.jpg

Bunkley is not a NT

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Once again, showing pictures of guys does nothing to prove anything about playing style, and for your information. On the Eagles homepeage, he's listed at 6'2 and 306 lbs. To small, right? Real close to that 280 you were referring to right? Dude come on, stop with the BS. At least if I'm not sure about something, I say so. I don't passs it off as fact to make myself sound more inteligent. I mean come on dude, I thought you were turning a corner, you had a lot of good threads and were making nice posts, now you go back to iligitamate BS and making things up.

eaglesfan_45
06-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Bunkley is not 306 lbs, he was 286 coming out of college and he showed up at the Eagles Camp at 306 and was over-weight, last off-season he worked on his and is no longer 306 (IMO), at best he is 290 something these days. Plus, team-sites always give players the benefit of the doubt and unfortunately they are the only source the people have to rely on for a players measureables after they are drafted.

Those pictures are showing what a NT is and what Bunkley is. Yeah Bunkley is a physical presence, he stops the run, rushes the passer, and he holds his own on the line, but he does not have the size to be a NT in a 3-4 defense. I did not pass that off as fact to make my self look more intelligent, I have read legit sources where he is in the weight range of 280-290. Lets face it, Bunkley is not that big for a NT. He uses strength too compensate for his lack of size. He is IMO a 3-4 DE not a 3-4 NT like your trying to say. Like I said he could be a NT in a Wade Phillips scheme because the scheme does not limit d-lineman to eating up space they are penetrators as well.

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2008, 08:10 PM
To be honest though, there isn't much of a diference between the guys you have in the pictures and Bunkley. I too agree that he most likely isn't 306, but that is all we have. To be honest, he looks 295, like I said, but plays much bigger. He takes on the C and either G quite a bit on this defense, and frees up a lot of space for guys like Cole and Patterson. I don't see why he can't do the smae thing in the 3-4. He does a great job against the double team, and I don't know where you got it that he is a penetrator, he is balanced. Sorry, but I'm gonna go by what I know, and what the best source tells me, not by someone who I've never met and their supposed "reliable" sources. Take note that I am not saying these sources aren't reliable, but you didn't name them, so for all I know it could be your buddy in english class.

cunningham06
06-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Bunkley is not a 3-4 defensive lineman, it would be a waste to put him there. He isn't a mammoth like Jamal Williams who can just shut down the middle no matter how many men you put on him. He could MAYBE play NT, but he wouldn't be very good at it. I don't like the idea of him as a 3-4 DE either. The ideal place for him to play is as a 4-3 NT. We have the tools to run occasional 3-4 looks, but we are far away from switching to it full time. Our team right now looks like the Jets when they switched to the 3-4 and they were far from ready.

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Bunkley is not a 3-4 defensive lineman, it would be a waste to put him there. He isn't a mammoth like Jamal Williams who can just shut down the middle no matter how many men you put on him. He could MAYBE play NT, but he wouldn't be very good at it. I don't like the idea of him as a 3-4 DE either. The ideal place for him to play is as a 4-3 NT. We have the tools to run occasional 3-4 looks, but we are far away from switching to it full time. Our team right now looks like the Jets when they switched to the 3-4 and they were far from ready.

You and I are thinking the EXACT same way when it comes to all of this.