PDA

View Full Version : BF51 mock version 2.0

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Enjoy

1)Miami - Glenn Dorsey -DT
-Everyone that says Dorsey wouldn't be a good fit for Miami's 3-4 scheme is forgetting the fact that the Dolphins defense is terrible and Capers will likely lose his job if it keeps up.

2)St.Louis- Jake Long- OT
-Makes a lot of sense here. A risky value pick but one they need to make.

3)Buffalo- Andre Woodson- QB
- I really don't know what to do here, but I stick to my order before my picks (unlike Scott who cleverly adjusts to make it fit). Regardless, Trent Edwards was impressive but it was just one game, he still threw 2 picks, and it was against the Jets defense. I think J.P Losman's days are numbered either way.

4)New Orleans- Darren McFadden- RB
- What!?!?! This team, in the immortal words of Jim Mora, can't do "diddly poo" offensively. While runningback is far from their biggest problem, Deuce is likely set to leave soon and this teams needs a real runningback of the future. I don't deny Bush's abilities as an offensive player, but it's clear that Payton's cutesy offense has been figured out. Something needs to change. If you think this isn't possible, a lot of people doubted the Saints would take Bush when they already had Deuce. Maybe it's like the Lions and Wide Recievers.

5)Atlanta- Brian Brohm- QB
- With Andre Woodson gone Petrino is saved from having to decide between the two.

6)Cincinatti- Calais Campbell- DE
- The Bengals have 4 sacks in 4 games. For those scoring at home, that's bad.

7)Oakland- Kenny Phillips- S
- Michael Huff is fine, Stuart Schweigert is not.

8)N.Y Jets- Desean Jackson- WR
- For some reason I still really like this fit. The Jets need more speed on offense.

9)Dallas (from Cle)- Chris Long- DE
- Marcus Spears appears to be something of a bust, and Chris Canty is nice but nothing special.

10)New England (from San Fran)- Malcolm Jenkins- CB
- The rich get richer. Unbelievable.

11)Chicago- Matt Ryan- QB
- The Bears really suck right now, but this could almost be a blessing in disguise. With a potential franchise QB the defense could come back healthy next year and be a repeat of Big Ben with the Steelers.

12)Denver- Sedrick Ellis- DT
- The Broncos have needed a DT to get after the QB for years now.

13)Minnesota- Derrick Harvey- DE
- I think this team is better off than a lot of people do (same way I felt about K.C) A veteran QB fix might be best in the short term. As for now, Brian Robison is the only DE on their roster that can get to the QB, making their secondary look a lot worse than it is. I don't see how you can run the Tampa 2 with no good pass rushers.

14)New York Giants- Dan Conner- OLB
- David Diehl has actually done a pretty good job so far. Kawika Mitchell not so much. This gives them flexibility with Kiwanuka as well.

15)Philadelphia- Sam Baker- OT
- 12 sacks? Seriously?

16)Houston-Johnathan Stewart- RB
- It's really a toss up here between RB or pass rusher, but I think the Texans have spent enough 1st rounders on the D-line for the time being.

17)San Diego- Reggie Smith- CB
- Cromartie has yet to really step up. This could also help Sprolls in the return game with Turner leaving.

18)Carolina- Quintin Groves- DE
- While the secondary is bad, nobody is getting after the QB for the Panthers. While the back 7 will still be shaky, this will help solidify the front 4. Groves is a bit of a twinner, but their DC is being rumored to leave (or the whole coaching staff could get fired) so who knows?

19)Detroit- James Laurinitas- ILB
- I doubt the Lions will be picking this late, but I'll give them the respect their due right now. The manimal may be a poor man's Urlacher, but he'll bring speed and toughness to a defense that currently has little of either.

20)Kansas City- Gosder Cherilus- OT
- Suprised to see Kansas City this high? Don't be. With their defense they could win a very bad division. I thought they were just amped when the played the Bears but this is a tough defense and they showed it last week. The offense needs rebuilding now, and it starts up front. Cherilus would be a tremendous value here.

21)Washington- Limas Sweed- WR
- One thing I've never understood about Al Saunders' Washington offense is his reliance on using small recievers. The Air Coryell generally has guys that can push off and use their bodies. Santana Moss is a great talent but even he's not a guy that can be relied on to move the chains. This may be a controversial pick with Clady still available and a need for a pass rusher, but I view the lack of a big bodied reciever as a detriment to the way this offense is run.

22)Tennessee- Early Doucet - WR
- I still really like the Slaton pick, but there's just too much of a need here. The Titans have nobody to throw to.

23)Baltimore- Tommy Blake- DE/OLB
- It's time to call this defense out for what it is. Overrated.

24)Arizona- Keith Rivers- OLB
- I called the win over the Steelers and am firmly placing myself on the Cardinals bandwaggon. Rivers would really help out a mediocre linebacking core. If they make the move to a 3-4 this pick wouldn't make sense, but who knows at this point?

25)Tampa Bay - Ryan Clady- OT
- The Pettigout signing didn't turn out so well and this team has needed line help for years. With their youth they could a good unit in a few years though.

26)Jacksonville- Tony Hills - OT
- People keep talking about the future QB but untill Garrard shows otherwise they may already have one. The offensive line, on the other hand, could use some help. Reciever is an option here too as Williams and Jones look like busts.

27)Pittsburgh- Barry Richardson- OT
- There aren't many holes on this team, but there are going to be some losses on the O-line that need replaced.

28)Seattle- John Carlson- TE
- Pretty self-evident

29)Green Bay- Steve Slaton- RB
- See above

30)San Fran (from Ind)- Adarias Bowman- WR
- This offense is stagnent.

31)Dallas- Frank Okam- DT
- A big run stuffer would be a god-send to the Cowboys this late. He and Long would really help the Cowboys run the 3-4 the same ways the Pats do.

thule
10-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Me and you are in the minority of people who think Long fits well in Dallas. But I do like the fit. Long doesn't come off to me as a top 10 pick, although he projects there now...once workouts and the combine come around i think the 11-15 range is more likely.

Okam in the first is a joke to me. He hasn't done a thing all year. He is just another Texas DT at this point. He will be lucky if he lands in the first day. While once again he projects as a first round pick at this point in time...it is pretty clear to me that he is playing his way out of the first day.

Aqib Talib would look great at pick 32. Given his spring time of 4.41, if he is anywhere near that he may be long gone.

fenikz
10-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I personally hate Rivers, but I also hate USC so I can't be a unbiased person on that pick, I would rather have Justin King, CB is probably our biggest need in AZ.

love where the cards are picking though

Caddy
10-02-2007, 03:20 AM
I don't mind the OT selection for the Buc's. Petitgout is set to return before the NFL draft so hopefully by the draft the Buc's can assess whether he is ready to play again influencing when and if the Buc's need to draft a new left tackle.

skinzzfan25
10-02-2007, 05:28 AM
I guess with Harvey, Ellis, and Groves gone that's a fine pick.

The rest of the first day picks need to be both O and D line depth though.

Addict
10-02-2007, 05:54 AM
illustration to mora's immortal words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4ox7aX_wc

this is by the way what any coach should say whose team plays bad.

Addict
10-02-2007, 05:57 AM
I love the lions' pick by the way, position wise I doubt we'll end up there, but that is what the record indicate as of now.

Finsfan79
10-02-2007, 06:40 AM
capers wont be fired and miami wouldnt take dorsey number 1 overall. Yes the defense is a problem but that wouldnt help us very much honestly as he is not a NT but a UT. We would trade back and perhaps pick him or Long if you wish but at number 1 overall Dude? Come on.

He is a nice player but he is not a number 1 overall type player. Miami would trade back as we have alot of holes or else we would draft Long there as LT is out biggest hole and has been since Richmond Webb left

NIN1984
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
As much as I would hate to draft another DB in the first round this could actually happen for the Raiders.

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Eagles can't afford to take another OT...That pick HAS to be Reggie Smith..this team needs players in the secondary soooo bad. Dawkins, William James, Joselio Hanson...all free agents after this year. Smith fits too perfectly..can play CB and S..

Wyndham
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
We would trade back and perhaps pick him or Long if you wish but at number 1 overall Dude? Come on.

He is a nice player but he is not a number 1 overall type player.

What makes you think he could be had much later, or that someone with the #2, #3 or #4 pick (Dorsey isn't slipping further than that) would trade up to #1?

A lot of people on this forum said DT is more important/valuable than DE, and Dorsey is easily the best DT in recent years. It hasn't happened often because there hasn't been a DT worth it. And this draft doesn't have a Robert Gallery at left tackle or Carson Palmer at QB or Julius Peppers at DE... Dorsey is the best prospect in the draft quite easily imo.

Anyway, moving onto KC's pick... I don't think they'll be picking quite that low, although I argue every time I see someone putting them in the top 5 (which I've said since before the season won't happen), so good job on that one first of all. At least you have the guts to think outside of the box, study the team and project a little better than most (who simply assume KC blows because the media said so).

The pick itself I like. McIntosh has played very well and was paid a bit in free agency, but he's not getting any younger and the right tackle spot is awful.

I really like the rookie sensation's teammate, Early Doucet, but I do not want the Chiefs to spend another first rounder on a WR. It's just not that important beyond having some talent there, which the Chiefs do.

If not OT, I'd like them to look at QB (only if one of the top three is available), DT (not Okam) or CB. I wouldn't mind a guard but I always hope that one of those could be had later in the draft - even in the second round. OLB is not out of the question, depending on how many years the coaches feel Edwards has left, nor is safety, but that depends on how young second-rounder Bernard Pollard progresses.

Good mock.

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Our defense sucks so lets take a guy who doesn't fit the system. I'm sure that will fix it. I'd love to just go back to a 4-3 and take Dorsey there, but that isn't gonna happen.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Our defense sucks so lets take a guy who doesn't fit the system. I'm sure that will fix it. I'd love to just go back to a 4-3 and take Dorsey there, but that isn't gonna happen.
*shrug* It should. I mean really at this point what system is there worth saving? The Dolphins are already underutilizing their talent and the only players that could be deemed "system players" are old and washed up. It would be an incredibly easy transition to make.

JPF
10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
The Panthers pick isn't bad, especially since your analysis is spot on.

Better fits for us however would probably be an OT (both of our starters are FA's following this season), Laurinaitis (since Morgan is hurt and missing even more time and this was supposedly his last chance to show he could stay healthy), or a WR since our current #2 and #3 receivers are both FA's after this season as well (we drafted Jarrett in the 2nd last year but he's been active for 1 game so far and had 1 catch for 6 yards in it, so he's still an unknown, unproven commodity).

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
*shrug* It should. I mean really at this point what system is there worth saving? The Dolphins are already underutilizing their talent and the only players that could be deemed "system players" are old and washed up. It would be an incredibly easy transition to make.

That would mean the coaching staff would have to do something smart. Don't see that happening.

Sniper
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Me and you are in the minority of people who think Long fits well in Dallas. But I do like the fit. Long doesn't come off to me as a top 10 pick, although he projects there now...once workouts and the combine come around i think the 11-15 range is more likely.

Why?

Nice Eagles pick. I think Justice will be fine if put at RT, but we do need a new LT then, and given the Eagles' love of the pass, Baker is a good fit.

Oaktown1981
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Terrible Raiders pick. No way they draft secondary it's not the biggest need.

DL - Chris Long, Derrick Harvey
OL - Sam Baker
WR - DeSean Jackson

Would all be better picks

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Their is no way Buffalo goes QB...They are better off trading down, or grabbing Campbell there.

Man_Of_Steel
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
No way the Bills draft a QB, Edwards was lights out and played great, hes their qb of the future. Also I thought he was picked off only once, not twice.

Pit Bull #53
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
I still like Tennessee's pick. We could go a number of ways this year and I would still like the pick. We clearly need some more playmakers on offense, the only hesitation I'd have is that Fisher clearly undervalues that position as we have always just thrown a glut of mid round guys out there and hoped one pans out. WR can definately be upgraded though so I'm all for it.

thebow305
10-02-2007, 02:22 PM
First of all, I doubt we would stay there if we had the number one pick. But if we did, we certainly wouldn't take Dorsey. Let's remember, a mock draft is not what you think they SHOULD do, it's what you think they WILL do, so, let's be smart about this. Long would most likely be the pick if we were forced to stay there, with an outside chance of Calais being the pick, only because he is such a playmaker and one of the only players worthy of being the Number 1 Overall Selection. Plus, I think Calais's bust potential is considerably lower than Long. I hate taking OL that high, especially considering there is a chance we could possibly get someone like Barry Richardson, Gosder Cherilus, Tony Hills, or Ryan Clady later and they are just as good.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
First of all, I doubt we would stay there if we had the number one pick. But if we did, we certainly wouldn't take Dorsey. Let's remember, a mock draft is not what you think they SHOULD do, it's what you think they WILL do, so, let's be smart about this. Long would most likely be the pick if we were forced to stay there, with an outside chance of Calais being the pick, only because he is such a playmaker and one of the only players worthy of being the Number 1 Overall Selection. Plus, I think Calais's bust potential is considerably lower than Long. I hate taking OL that high, especially considering there is a chance we could possibly get someone like Barry Richardson, Gosder Cherilus, Tony Hills, or Ryan Clady later and they are just as good.
A mock draft is whatever the hell I want it to be blowhard. How is Calais a more logical pick for the Dolphins than Dorsey. Don't act like your opinion is gospell.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
No way the Bills draft a QB, Edwards was lights out and played great, hes their qb of the future. Also I thought he was picked off only once, not twice.
So because of one game there's no chance they take a QB?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a position the Bills would want to be in, but with Dorsey and Long gone who do they take, McFadden?

I love how some of you speak in definitives. No way Brady Quinn drops out of the top 10. Things that we don't expect happen all the time. That's fine to disagree...I'm sure a lot of mine will be dead wrong (especially in October) but to say that there's "no way" it'll happen is foolish.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM

OL - Sam Baker
WR - DeSean Jackson

The Raiders secondary isn't nearly as good as some of you think it is. I agree there are a lot of ways they could go, but no way with Stuart whateverthehell his name is as your current FS? Please.

I could see no way McFadden to the Saints. I could even see no way Dorsey to the Dolphins given the circumstances, but in this case I don't think so.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
And for the last time, I don't do trades. What's the point of having trades when you can set the draft order however you want it? If I wanted it to be that easy I'd just match up order with need/value. I'm trying to make it more realistic and realistically teams can't trade down most of the time they want to, especially in the top 5-10.

Man_Of_Steel
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
So because of one game there's no chance they take a QB?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a position the Bills would want to be in, but with Dorsey and Long gone who do they take, McFadden?

I love how some of you speak in definitives. No way Brady Quinn drops out of the top 10. Things that we don't expect happen all the time. That's fine to disagree...I'm sure a lot of mine will be dead wrong (especially in October) but to say that there's "no way" it'll happen is foolish.

wow chill out. They wont take a QB, Edwards is their future, simple. They wont take McFadden, Lynch has been brilliant. Choose from all the rest.

derza222
10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
If any other Jets fan sees this mock you're probably going to get trouble for the Jackson pick. I like it though, and I agree with you, I think it is a very good fit. Coles has said a couple of times he's not sure how long he's going to continue playing, so we're going to need a wideout sometime in the near future. Cotchery is having a very good season but I don't think we have another starting caliber wideout on the roster right now. As you said Jackson adds much needed speed to our offense and gives us a guy that is electrifying when he has the ball. The closest thing we have to that right now is Leon Washington, and maybe Brad Smith when he gets in the game. We definitely need more playmakers and overall speed, I think wideout is a nice pick, and Jackson is a great fit for both of those things. Nice pick, and I like that you didn't do what it seems like everyone else is doing and give us an outside linebacker.

scottyboy
10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
lovin the Giants pick there. Him and Rivers are the top OLB prospects, both would be an upgrade over Mitchell.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
wow chill out. They wont take a QB, Edwards is their future, simple. They wont take McFadden, Lynch has been brilliant. Choose from all the rest.
I'm quite chill, I'm just saying that your perspective is stupid. It's never that simple. They spent a 3rd rounder on the guy, they've invested almost nothing. If Edwards plays this year and fails to impress (which is still very likely to happen) it's quite possible they would take a top flight QB in that scenario. You have no idea what will happen, nobody does. Don't speak in definities.

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
WR is a good choice for the Titans. But, like Pit Bull said, Fisher undervalues WR's in our offense. Though most Titans fans would like to pick just one stud WR early, instead of the lottery WR pick and hope he works out. So I'm liking it. Slaton is still tempting, and Rivers would be worth looking at possibly, but WR should take priority.

Though, I've never been a fan of Doucet. If ya wanna make the Titans fans happy, turn that pick into Earl Bennett or Malcolm Kelly. They seem to be the favorites among the fans on this board.

Vikes99ej
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
You think the Vikes are going to be BETTER than last year? I can't see us not picking in the top 5. I love the pick, though. Derrick Harvey would be a nice addition.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
You think the Vikes are going to be BETTER than last year? I can't see us not picking in the top 5. I love the pick, though. Derrick Harvey would be a nice addition.
There's just something about the Vikings that makes me think they'll stick around long enough to win a few games they probably shouldn't.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
If ya wanna make the Titans fans happy, turn that pick into Earl Bennett or Malcolm Kelly. They seem to be the favorites among the fans on this board.
Clearly the intent of my mocks isn't to make anyone happy. Thanks for the analysis though.

scottyboy
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
There's just something about the Vikings that makes me think they'll stick around long enough to win a few games they probably shouldn't.

making people happy isnt exactly BF51's forte

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Clearly the intent of my mocks isn't to make anyone happy. Thanks for the analysis though.

Obviously, ;) and you're welcome. But if I had to choose between Doucet and Slaton at that point, I'm all over Slaton. There will be qaulity receivers in the 2nd...hopefully. But as for RB, there's not a talent like Slaton's.

TimD
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
If that happens Clemens will need to play so Jackson can get longer than 15 yrd passes

NIN1984
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM

OL - Sam Baker
WR - DeSean Jackson

you never know with Al Davis, he loves his DBs

neko4
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
1-I agree, trades are stupid unless its been something talked and debated about for awhile.

2-I like that Bears Pick/Analogy alot, but dont believe that Ryan is the 3rd best QB.

3-With the packers im more concerned with depth and age at CB. Bush has been a pin cushion all year (Shoulda stuck with Dendy) and is making the whole D look bad. Atleast at RB we have 5 youngun's (Morency, Herron, Jackson, Wynn, Grant)

Vikes99ej
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM

You must be seeing something that I'm not. With those QBs we've been starting, we're lucky to only lose the games we've lost a TD or less. Our defense does just enough to keep us in games.

thebow305
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
A mock draft is whatever the hell I want it to be blowhard. How is Calais a more logical pick for the Dolphins than Dorsey. Don't act like your opinion is gospell.

Blowhard? How old are you? That alone explains exactly why this mock sucks.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Blowhard? How old are you? That alone explains exactly why this mock sucks.
Probably much older than you. Not that I think age really has much to do with someone's ability to make a mock draft. But thanks for your intelligent contribution.

GB12
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't care what your reasoning is, there's no way the Saints could afford two top 5 RBs.

aNYtitan
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
WR is a good choice for the Titans. But, like Pit Bull said, Fisher undervalues WR's in our offense. Though most Titans fans would like to pick just one stud WR early, instead of the lottery WR pick and hope he works out. So I'm liking it. Slaton is still tempting, and Rivers would be worth looking at possibly, but WR should take priority.

Though, I've never been a fan of Doucet. If ya wanna make the Titans fans happy, turn that pick into Earl Bennett or Malcolm Kelly. They seem to be the favorites among the fans on this board.
I'm sorry, but a small shifty back is not what we need. How many times have we seen these backs get drafted and be nothing more then special teamers or busts. I would rather take Early Doucet who has some game breaking ability at a position that could use a bit of improvement. I have plenty of faith in White and Henry for the future.

NATIONALchamps
10-02-2007, 08:00 PM
haha lol lmao. very good pick.

NATIONALchamps
10-02-2007, 08:11 PM
too much complain. mock drafts are tough and bearsfan51 is hard. good picks though for this. trying to make an honest.

Yung Flippa
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Give the Raven's Malcom Jenkins, and our defense is overrated, its just struggling right now. We'll get back to the #1 defense in the NFL.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
too much complain. mock drafts are tough and bearsfan51 is hard. good picks though for this. trying to make an honest.
It's so true...I am hard. Somebody get this Eastern Europeaner a Cevapi.

bearsfan_51
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Give the Raven's Malcom Jenkins, and our defense is overrated, its just struggling right now. We'll get back to the #1 defense in the NFL.
I agree....

JETS5128
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
If any other Jets fan sees this mock you're probably going to get trouble for the Jackson pick. I like it though, and I agree with you, I think it is a very good fit. Coles has said a couple of times he's not sure how long he's going to continue playing, so we're going to need a wideout sometime in the near future. Cotchery is having a very good season but I don't think we have another starting caliber wideout on the roster right now. As you said Jackson adds much needed speed to our offense and gives us a guy that is electrifying when he has the ball. The closest thing we have to that right now is Leon Washington, and maybe Brad Smith when he gets in the game. We definitely need more playmakers and overall speed, I think wideout is a nice pick, and Jackson is a great fit for both of those things. Nice pick, and I like that you didn't do what it seems like everyone else is doing and give us an outside linebacker.

I agree. I like the pick alot. Plain and simple we have ALOT of needs and Jackson is the best playmaker in this draft. With chad at QB we don't have the ability to stretch the field so getting someone with breakaway speed and excellent open field moves is a great fit.

Crow
10-02-2007, 11:24 PM

OL - Sam Baker
WR - DeSean Jackson

You forgot Sedrick Ellis and Quentin Groves.

Another 1st round DB could cause a revolt.

BigDawg819
10-04-2007, 01:42 PM
The Ravens' Defense is overrated because of a rough start and key injuries to Trevor Pryce and Samari Rolle?????

bored of education
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I like KC's pick and positioning.